nForce LAN driver

eno

740 posts in this topic

Does that mean that we will be able to use vanilla kernel on nvidia with kernel from new MBP nvidia-based?

If you have a MCP79 motherboard there is a possibility you will be able to use a vanilla 10.5.6 kernel.

I'm getting an issue that so far, has happened 3 times. I install the nforcelan kext v4 and my internet works beautifully except for the fact that I guess with all the device ID's it seems to assign the first one to make a connection, not the right one. For example, my ehternet is RLT8211BL and the first driver that works is for a 8029 as per Parallels Desktop, I can't upload or sent attachments thru email due to this, and so, I deleted all the device ID's except for the one that belongs to my hardware, and everything was working fine. I logged into myspace, and my connection dropped in mid click, I went to check, everything appeared fine, couldn't connect after a few attempts, so I used my back up air port connection.

I went back to system prefs and now my ethernet says "NOT CONNECTED" which is not true since I haven't changed anything since switching from Ehter to Air, so I restart, still "not connected" I open OSX86tools and reinstall the original nforcelan kext with all the device ID's and still nothing. Any ideas??? I don't want to go do a fresh install because that's just annoying, and I don't want to just go on Air Port because the connection is constantly dropping and I hate running system diags just because I wanna browse.

Please help.

I am having the same problem as weekender.

My motherboard is also an eVGA nForce 680i SLI and I am having the same problem. All USB devices freeze at random times but always within 5 minutes of boot-up. The device id is 0x037310de.

If i use cpus=1, everything works perfectly. But if i run all 4 cores, it freezes every time.

brennenmark, try using the new Voodoo_beta2 kernel.

As for the Voodoo_beta2 kernel. I played around with it the other night, and although I haven't spent time looking deep into it, the voodoo 9.5.0 kernel wasn't playing nice with the nforcelan connection. I was constantly losing either my network connection or simply network traffic. I'll see if I can play more with it over the next couple days.

I'm not sure if this is related or not, but for some reason iTunes crashes when my internet is using my nforce lan(RTL8201N) but it launches if I plug in my usb ethernet. Crash log is attached.

I have the same LAN, but in your signature you mention that you're using Voodoo 9.5.0 BETA 2.

I think that's the reason.

Any ideas on my previous post??

Are you still having the issue with 0.61.5? Can you send me a copy (via PM) of each line in your /var/log/system.log that begins with nForceLAN:

Also, have you tried other kernels (such as the Voodoo XNU beta 2c)? The latest Voodoo kernel made my system a lot more stable.

I strongly recommend the Voodoo XNU Beta 2c kernel for use with nVidia chipsets. My osx86 box now appears to work flawlessly (GA-M59SLI-S5).

Also, check out the new version of nForceLAN (0.62.0n). I added true sleep mode (D3) and added some 88E1011 code from the nVidia 0.62 linux driver. Let me know if there are any problems. One thing to look for is that the MAC address isn't reversed after waking from sleep.

I strongly recommend the Voodoo XNU Beta 2c kernel for use with nVidia chipsets. My osx86 box now appears to work flawlessly (GA-M59SLI-S5).

Also, check out the new version of nForceLAN (0.62.0n). I added true sleep mode (D3) and added some 88E1011 code from the nVidia 0.62 linux driver. Let me know if there are any problems. One thing to look for is that the MAC address isn't reversed after waking from sleep.

Does the 0.62.0n version have multicast issues again like 0.61.4?

My machines are not properly seeing each other again for purposes of screen sharing, bonjour, etc (or if they do, it is brief and trying to connect that way isn't possible).

Also, network seems to drop completely from my Hackintosh when I try copying files from it and my Mac Mini. I still have an IP address, but I can no longer access my internal network nor the internet. A reboot seems to fix things. I have not seen this network drop with simple web/email style activity.

BTW, I am using the Voodoo Beta 2 9.5.0 kernel

Does the 0.62.0n version have multicast issues again like 0.61.4?

My machines are not properly seeing each other again for purposes of screen sharing, bonjour, etc (or if they do, it is brief and trying to connect that way isn't possible).

Also, network seems to drop completely from my Hackintosh when I try copying files from it and my Mac Mini. I still have an IP address, but I can no longer access my internal network nor the internet. A reboot seems to fix things. I have not seen this network drop with simple web/email style activity.

BTW, I am using the Voodoo Beta 2 9.5.0 kernel

There shouldn't be a multicast issue but there is always a possibility I messed something up since I implemented a new solution to the multicast problem that works with my MCP55.

I will take a look and see what might be going on.

I'm having mixed results with the newest driver 62.0n on my gigabyte ga-73pvm-s2h (Realtek 8211B) using Jas 10.5.4 Client Server, at first when I installed it all was great, my connection at 1000mbit was stable. Then after several hours of usage it would drop, and say that it was connected via DHCP but had a self assigned IP. Apparently this is a somewhat common thing on nforce boards I've read. I reinstalled your kext, and it got it working again after a reboot. This has happened several times and now I can no longer get it working. Any ideas? I have tried the previous driver, but not any others. Would logs help? Thanks.

Dustin

Good news everybody!

The nvenet.kext that comes with the new Macbook Pro works with the MCP55. It gets the mac address backward but that isn't much of an issue. I only had to add my device id to the plist and remove the PCIClass match. I will see what I can do to post the driver for others to try.

I'm having mixed results with the newest driver 62.0n on my gigabyte ga-73pvm-s2h (Realtek 8211B) using Jas 10.5.4 Client Server, at first when I installed it all was great, my connection at 1000mbit was stable. Then after several hours of usage it would drop, and say that it was connected via DHCP but had a self assigned IP. Apparently this is a somewhat common thing on nforce boards I've read. I reinstalled your kext, and it got it working again after a reboot. This has happened several times and now I can no longer get it working. Any ideas? I have tried the previous driver, but not any others. Would logs help? Thanks.

Dustin

If there are any interesting messages being printed to /var/log/system.log please send them to me.

Which kernel are you using? I find that nForce boards work best with the Voodoo XNU kernel.

Hi eno! Thank you for the effort in making your driver available.

My config:

iDeneb 10.5.5

Asus P5N32-E SLI Plus

Intel Q6600 + 4GB Ram

2SATA TSST Corp DVD burners

1SATA HD 500 GB

Following your instructions, I've substituted the forcedeth.kext with your nForceLan.Kext (version 0.62.0n alpha_osx) and...the vendor + device ids immediately popped-up in both Network Utility and Network Preferences!

My issue: as soon as I started using the internet connection the system got frozen (USB peripherals like keyboard and mouse stopped working, etc...)...hence I've disabled the Nvidia Lan from BIOS.

We got so close with it that I don't wanna stop trying right now...

Any idea? Anything I can try with?

Hi eno! Thank you for the effort in making your driver available.

My config:

iDeneb 10.5.5

Asus P5N32-E SLI Plus

Intel Q6600 + 4GB Ram

2SATA TSST Corp DVD burners

1SATA HD 500 GB

Following your instructions, I've substituted the forcedeth.kext with your nForceLan.Kext (version 0.62.0n alpha_osx) and...the vendor + device ids immediately popped-up in both Network Utility and Network Preferences!

My issue: as soon as I started using the internet connection the system got frozen (USB peripherals like keyboard and mouse stopped working, etc...)...hence I've disabled the Nvidia Lan from BIOS.

We got so close with it that I don't wanna stop trying right now...

Any idea? Anything I can try with?

What kernel are you using? Try the Voodoo kernel (link in my sig) as Eno suggests. It might solve your problem. It didn't solve it for me though but it did for some people so just try it.

I'm just waiting for that new driver that is delivered with the new macbooks.

I get that freeze aswell...Happens when I use the Voodoo XNU Beta 2 aswell...

Aren't you running with the same mobo I have? ASUS P5N-D? I have been using the 0.61.5alpha_osx version without any freezes/etc. The 0.62.0n alpha_osx version was giving me issues, so I reverted back, but haven't had any kp or freezes at all.

Aren't you running with the same mobo I have? ASUS P5N-D? I have been using the 0.61.5alpha_osx version without any freezes/etc. The 0.62.0n alpha_osx version was giving me issues, so I reverted back, but haven't had any kp or freezes at all.

I just tried the 0.61.5alpha_osx...It gave me a freeze after like 10 seconds...Happened with Voodoo XNU Beta 2, and StageXNU 9.4.0...

The 0.62.0n alpha dog gives me the freeze aswell, with both kernels...

Could it be because I use 4 cores? Cause I see that you have a Core 2 Duo...

I'm using cpus=1 at the moment to see if it makes any differences...

I just tried the 0.61.5alpha_osx...It gave me a freeze after like 10 seconds...Happened with Voodoo XNU Beta 2, and StageXNU 9.4.0...

The 0.62.0n alpha dog gives me the freeze aswell, with both kernels...

Could it be because I use 4 cores? Cause I see that you have a Core 2 Duo...

I'm using cpus=1 at the moment to see if it makes any differences...

I have found that I can only run without freezes on my 650i + Q6600 when using cpus=1.....

I have found that I can only run without freezes on my 650i + Q6600 when using cpus=1.....

Well that sucks...I'll try the voodoo_beta2 with a USB WiFi...I normally get kernel panics after an hour of internet usage through LAN, PCI and USB WiFi...So hopefully the voodoo_beta2 will fix this :)