nForce LAN driver

eno

740 posts in this topic

Guys, I'm a little confused.

i would like to try this new driver,but I'm not sure wich one (from the first post in this topic) should I try?

Or should I try all of them? :D

I have DFI NF ULTRAII-M2 mobo with nf4 LAN (Marvell 88E1115 Gigabit LAN)

Please sticky!

Yeah, please make it sticky!

eno: Thank you so much for this - works like a charm on my MCP61! You rock.

One more thing: it would probably be cool if you'd create a svn/git repository somewhere (maybe sourceforge?) - this should make code-sharing easier.

Thanks again!

- mcsmart

Hi guys

I'm very newbee it's first time that I install Leo on a pc

well, I've a little probleme, I installed leo4all4.1 on my Asus M2N-E

all work perfect just the Lan "it's a nforce 570"

I downloaded the kext and nforcelan but where I install it and how ?

sorry for my english I'm french

or if i reinstall leo wich option i need to chose ?

Thanks

There might be a problem with the driver and gigabit connections. Can people please test (and report) the speeds they see when using a gigabit connection?

It might be a problem with the ethernet cables I have tried. It is likely that every cable I tried was only Cat-5 (not Cat-5e). The problem could also be incomplete support for my Macbook Pro's MCP79 in the original linux driver.

I have seen:

25 MB/sec sustained (cpu mode optimization)

128 MB/sec sustained

450 Mbit/sec sustained (this matches the speed I have seen with Apple's nvenet.kext)

There might be a problem with the driver and gigabit connections. Can people please test (and report) the speeds they see when using a gigabit connection?

It might be a problem with the ethernet cables I have tried. It is likely that every cable I tried was only Cat-5 (not Cat-5e). The problem could also be incomplete support for my Macbook Pro's MCP79 in the original linux driver.

I have seen:

25 MB/sec sustained (cpu mode optimization)

128 MB/sec sustained

450 Mbit/sec sustained (this matches the speed I have seen with Apple's nvenet.kext)

Interesting, Eno.

Do you have a copy of ethernet kext file from new MB or MBP, is it possible to share?

Hi, I just managed to install Jas 10.5.4 to my P6N SLI-FI after downgrading the bios down to 2.2 And everything works perfectly, except lan. I have RTL8211 BL network adapter. From what i have read i understand that i have to download osx86tool to install the kext of the first page. But, which kext should I install, and must I also install any kext of the "attached" files? Please correct me if I say something wrong. Thanks!

Hi, I just managed to install Jas 10.5.4 to my P6N SLI-FI after downgrading the bios down to 2.2 And everything works perfectly, except lan. I have RTL8211 BL network adapter. From what i have read i understand that i have to download osx86tool to install the kext of the first page. But, which kext should I install, and must I also install any kext of the "attached" files? Please correct me if I say something wrong. Thanks!

Geia sou Mitso <_<

Download the most recent version, in this case its "0.62.3n beta_osx".

Unzip it and there u have a .kext file.

Open up Kext Helper or OSx86 Tools and install this Kext, then reboot.

(Sometimes its also important to keep ur PC shutdown for about 1 minute, after u install the kext for the first time).

ok thanks kozlowski, na sai kala! Elladara!

One question, I installed the kext with osx86tools, rebooted, put the setting in network dhcp, it found all the ip and dns correctly, safari worked, but the pc crashes after the first webpage in safari is loaded. Anybody knows what's wrong?

a problem with network, if i surf the net and download some software, bum .... my monitor came out a confirmation that i've to shutdown. it's just like outomatically shutdown , anyone have similliar problem.

FYI :

Lawless 10.5.4 | AMD Athlon X2 3600 + | MSI K92 Ultra-2F | Kingston 2 Gb DDR 667 @ 1 GB | Seagate PATA 20 Gb | Seagate Sata 160 GB | Liteon Sata DVD-RW | MSI 7300 GS 128 MB |

Hi Eno,

I don't know if it's meant to be or it was just a mistake on your part but in your 1st post where you have the list of all the supported PCI ids, mine is in it:

0x003710de

Since, your driver (0.62.3n beta) was causing me random freeze issues I checked the info.plist and noticed that 0x003710de was not in there.

So I removed all the PCI ids and just put 0x037310de&0xfffeffff.

I also set optimization mode to 0 and now the driver works like a charm, for now. I've been downloading a lot stuff and no problems so far.

Hopefully it stays that way.

Will report back if I have any issues.

Good work on the driver :D

PS: so maybe you can add that PCI id in the list?

I have ASUS M3N78-VM with Geforce 8200

LAN: nForce built in gigabit MAC with exteral Realtek 8211CL-GR PHY

Tried all of the driver listed here. don't work.

I can't even find my device id. (No windows installed yet)

Anyone give me some advise?

BTW,where can i find info to modify the driver? I got plenty of time.

Thanks

>>>>Update:

Found Device ID for the network adapter: 0x075310de. and put it into infolist. Not work. :(

>>>>Update: Dec 01

the Device ID for the network adapter is 0x076010de, (the previous one is wrong). added to the infolist. Network is working, however, not stable. sometime it cannot get correct IP address. any solutions?

I think i did it. I reinstalled the kext with optimization 0 and it works with the 2 cores running. I ran xbench and i am writhing from Mac right now, and no system freezes so far. Thanks!

---Correction. I tried to dual boot with Vista, and unfortunately it froze again.... back to cpus=1

bump (how do we sticky this anyway?)

I think i did it. I reinstalled the kext with optimization 0 and it works with the 2 cores running. I ran xbench and i am writhing from Mac right now, and no system freezes so far. Thanks!

---Correction. I tried to dual boot with Vista, and unfortunately it froze again.... back to cpus=1

Hmm, odd. Try shutting the machine down and unplugging it for 30 secs.

Hi Eno,

I don't know if it's meant to be or it was just a mistake on your part but in your 1st post where you have the list of all the supported PCI ids, mine is in it:

0x003710de

Since, your driver (0.62.3n beta) was causing me random freeze issues I checked the info.plist and noticed that 0x003710de was not in there.

So I removed all the PCI ids and just put 0x037310de&0xfffeffff.

I also set optimization mode to 0 and now the driver works like a charm, for now. I've been downloading a lot stuff and no problems so far.

Hopefully it stays that way.

Will report back if I have any issues.

Good work on the driver :)

PS: so maybe you can add that PCI id in the list?

I am not sure why the masks do not always work. I think it would be best to match vs 0x000010de & 0x0000ffff since the cpp code in the driver determines which ids it will actually work with.

Hey eno, nice work with the driver, thanks a lot!

Mac runs smoothly with no freezes or slow down except when i download large files (DVD images). I try to copy a dvd image from my latop via ftp or just file sharing under windows and every time it crashes the mac at about 63-64% (2.5 GB copyed). Tried inserting my PCI ID 0x003710de, using optimization 0 and cpus=1 flag, none worked. I've atached the system log maybe it will be of any help.

System spec: X2 4200+ Abit KN9Ultra Nforce 570 Ultra (have no idea whatsoever who manufactured the lan interfaces) 4gb ram Geforce 7900 GS Zephyroth 10.5.2 ToH Kernel

systemlog.zip

Tested it as much as I could. Tried to install iDeneb 10.5.5 with stagexnu kernel. Everything works perfectly if i use the cpus=1 flag. Even sleep. But if i don't, the pc hangs after a little time. Something quite odd that i noticed is that without the cpus=1 flag, if i use the computer, (instead of leaving it idle) for example, watch a movie, it takes much longer for it to freeze (i was watching a movie and it froze after an hour, and i was downloading a file simultaneously), but if i leave it alone just downloading, it freezes after 10-15 minutes. That's it! Any help or suggestions appreciated, because if i use both cores it will be Perfect Install!!!

Tested it as much as I could. Tried to install iDeneb 10.5.5 with stagexnu kernel. Everything works perfectly if i use the cpus=1 flag. Even sleep. But if i don't, the pc hangs after a little time. Something quite odd that i noticed is that without the cpus=1 flag, if i use the computer, (instead of leaving it idle) for example, watch a movie, it takes much longer for it to freeze (i was watching a movie and it froze after an hour, and i was downloading a file simultaneously), but if i leave it alone just downloading, it freezes after 10-15 minutes. That's it! Any help or suggestions appreciated, because if i use both cores it will be Perfect Install!!!

There are a fair number of errors in your system.log. Have you tried another kernel (such as the Voodoo XNU Beta 2c kernel)?

00:07.0 Bridge [0680]: nVidia Corporation MCP61 Ethernet [10de:03ef] (rev a2)

Worked Like a charm, just wish I could test it on my HP Laptop, but none of the builds of OSx86 Work on it... Leo4All v2/3 did but now it won't :\ But it finally fixed the last problem on my Dell Inspiron 531s :wacko: