Creative SB [Live!, Audigy, Audigy2, EMU10kX eDSPs] OSX Driver info here!

Oxtie

850 posts in this topic

hi, I audigy installations my mac osx 10.6.5 with driver 1.11b0 and it worked perfect but after restarting the machine the audigy crashes, returning the error below:

kXAudioDevice[0xffffff80161c9e00]::initHardware(0xffffff800a0ef200)

Nov 26 21:10:58 iMac-de-Henrique-Oliveira kernel[0]: kXAudioDevice[0xffffff80161c9e00]::free()

Nov 26 21:10:58 iMac-de-Henrique-Oliveira kernel[0]: kXAudioDevice[0xffffff80161c9e00]::free_all() - iKX interface already closed

I tried all possibilities and I no longer know what to do. I would like your help to solve this problem.

thanks

I have a Mac Pro running Tiger.

I also have a Audigy Pro hanging around. Can I get it to work with my Mac?

I guess I need the pci to pci/e adapter first... but after that is it possible with this driver?

-fm

p.s I need it for music, so having ability to capture with working line-in is pretty important :D

• 3 weeks later...
hallo...sorry for my english....i have a creative ct4760 i instal this driver..but the microphone dosen't work...is a solution??i need microphone to tune my guitar...i'm runing an ideneb 10.5.8...

The mic does not work with this driver this is stated on the first page an alternative is to get something like the Griffin iMic or other such USB input device to have working line/mic in got mine dirt cheap on Ebay.

• 2 weeks later...

i think that...i resolve the blurry sound...all the people that use this driver...with sound problem...the solution is a cooler...(soory 4 my english)you have to put a cooler under the sound card

Thanks mate, Kakewalk + Your drivers = me rocking out, went super smooth :)

Dammit, after about 30 mins, the sound just stopped coming through the sound card. Anyone else have this problem?

try a fan cooler under the sound card

Hello,

I am new to Mac. And iam using Iatkos 7 with MAC OS X 10.5.8

I have installed Mac OS X 10.5.8 and it works great, but my Soundcard has been not detected?? I do not know why??

In the Setup of Iatkos v7 the Soundblaster is detected, but when the System is installed it is not.

img0088ws.th.jpg

Here you see that the system installer detect the soundcard.

But when the System is installed then you see NO PCI Card in the System Profiler.

img0112ui.th.jpg

here you see that it is not detected.

It is a little bit confusing why my pci card is not showing.

My System Configuration is as followed:

CPU AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ AM2

MB MSI K9N NEO-F (NFORCE2 CHIPSET)

RAM 3072 MB DDR2 PC 800 RAM

SAMSUNG SATA2 16MB 500 GB HDD (Main Harddrive)

SP1064N

DVR LG H20N SATA DVD BURNER

VGA 512 MB GF 9600 GT

SOUNDBLASTER AUDIGY 7.1

I have tried many times to install KXAudio drivers and installed OS X driver 1.3b0 and OS X driver 1.11b0 but nothing changed.

I do not see a pci card in the audio midi preferences and not in the profiler.

Although i disabled my onboard audio card and try other drivers but nothing changed.

I have disabled the Onboard HD Audio Driver that is buggy with Azalia and the sound is little corrupted.

Perhaps can someone help me to get the Soundblaster Audigy PCI Card working on my MAC Ox86 ??

For any Help and Tips what i can do iam greatful.

On my Windows 7 x64 the Soundblaster Audigy is working perfect, for gaming it is okay. But for working without sound no way. Please help me.

Jake

Hello,

I am new to Mac. And iam using Iatkos 7 with MAC OS X 10.5.8

I have installed Mac OS X 10.5.8 and it works great, but my Soundcard has been not detected?? I do not know why??

In the Setup of Iatkos v7 the Soundblaster is detected, but when the System is installed it is not.

img0088ws.th.jpg

Here you see that the system installer detect the soundcard.

But when the System is installed then you see NO PCI Card in the System Profiler.

img0112ui.th.jpg

here you see that it is not detected.

It is a little bit confusing why my pci card is not showing.

My System Configuration is as followed:

CPU AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ AM2

MB MSI K9N NEO-F (NFORCE2 CHIPSET)

RAM 3072 MB DDR2 PC 800 RAM

SAMSUNG SATA2 16MB 500 GB HDD (Main Harddrive)

SP1064N

DVR LG H20N SATA DVD BURNER

VGA 512 MB GF 9600 GT

SOUNDBLASTER AUDIGY 7.1

I have tried many times to install KXAudio drivers and installed OS X driver 1.3b0 and OS X driver 1.11b0 but nothing changed.

I do not see a pci card in the audio midi preferences and not in the profiler.

Although i disabled my onboard audio card and try other drivers but nothing changed.

I have disabled the Onboard HD Audio Driver that is buggy with Azalia and the sound is little corrupted.

Perhaps can someone help me to get the Soundblaster Audigy PCI Card working on my MAC Ox86 ??

For any Help and Tips what i can do iam greatful.

On my Windows 7 x64 the Soundblaster Audigy is working perfect, for gaming it is okay. But for working without sound no way. Please help me.

Jake

i would recomand...to reinstal iatkos...without creative sound card plugged in...and use the integratet sound cip...use azalia audio for that.... this kx driver works only on some old creative cards with a emuk10 chip...(sorry for my english...hope that will help you)i have a sound card with pci slot....works with this driver ..but in sistem profiler...there is no pci device..

this kx driver works only on some old creative cards with a emuk10 chip...

If it is this card here,

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16829102002

then according to this page it is one of them that don't only emu10k1 and emu10k2 does not the ca106.

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=28948

If it is this card here,

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16829102002

then according to this page it is one of them that don't only emu10k1 and emu10k2 does not the ca106.

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=28948

Your english is okay, iam a german and my english is not perfect too. :P

It is exactly this card. Thanks for the info.

Because i running windows 7 x64 as main game system on the other sata harddrive, i do not uninstall the card out of the system.

So i will use mac without sound, or with my onboard sound chip but the sound is little corrupted.

Another thing about my Azalia HD Sound Onboard Chip it is detected and sound is there but the sound is little corrupted and the sound is stucking.

Know what problem it should be about that?

Thanks for the help guys. :D Trying to work with azalia it is better this way.

Your english is okay, iam a german and my english is not perfect too. :P

It is exactly this card. Thanks for the info.

Because i running windows 7 x64 as main game system on the other sata harddrive, i do not uninstall the card out of the system.

So i will use mac without sound, or with my onboard sound chip but the sound is little corrupted.

Another thing about my Azalia HD Sound Onboard Chip it is detected and sound is there but the sound is little corrupted and the sound is stucking.

Know what problem it should be about that?

Thanks for the help guys. :) Trying to work with azalia it is better this way.

go to aplications...->utilitees-> audio and midi setup...try to use a lower bitrate like 16 bit...or try to change something that you find here...or try to find more about you integrated sound chip...it is possible to exsist a kext for your sound chip...for example for alc and ac97...are a lot of kexts....azalia....is a kext ''to general'' if understand me:-?look what i found

http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=proddesc...mp;maincat_no=1 ....and http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...1&hl=ALC883 ..i don't realy know how to remove a kext....to have a clean instal for a alc kext...

• 2 months later...
The kX driver? If so yes it continues to work as it always has flawlessly for me.

Sorry to jump in here but I just found this card in an old box that I have so I thought I'd look into it. I read the first post I promise :( I have sound working on my SL install through kext hacks and very gracious users but every time I upgrade to 10.6.x (x being latest version) I have to go back through and install the kexts because they're overwritten. Not a big deal but I'd prefer to be able to just update. This LONG post short.....if I install the kx drivers and this card do you have to reinstall every time you upgrade the system or does it use entirely different kext's? Thanks in advance!

Sorry to jump in here but I just found this card in an old box that I have so I thought I'd look into it. I read the first post I promise :) I have sound working on my SL install through kext hacks and very gracious users but every time I upgrade to 10.6.x (x being latest version) I have to go back through and install the kexts because they're overwritten. Not a big deal but I'd prefer to be able to just update. This LONG post short.....if I install the kx drivers and this card do you have to reinstall every time you upgrade the system or does it use entirely different kext's? Thanks in advance!

It is its own self contained .kext it will continue to work upon system upgrade or has up to this point can't predict for future updates but has worked until this point flawlessly...

• 2 weeks later...

I have an old SB0090. Its the Audigy SB1394 and its suppose to have EMU chip and for some reason KXaudio driver doesn't work.

BloodRage X58

i7 920

It has the Sonar X-fi which is ALC889, but I disabled it and still it doesn't work. Should I remove ALC8xx universal kexts and try again?

I have an old SB0090. Its the Audigy SB1394 and its suppose to have EMU chip and for some reason KXaudio driver doesn't work.

BloodRage X58

i7 920

It has the Sonar X-fi which is ALC889, but I disabled it and still it doesn't work. Should I remove ALC8xx universal kexts and try again?

If you have another pci slot try moving it into that, my cards (one identical to yours) only work when they are in the pci slot farthest from the CPU.

I installed the kext on Lion preview 2 is not working ;)

update!!!

copied kext on /System/library/extension

chmod -R 755 kXAudioDriver.kext/

chown -R root:wheel kXAudioDriver.kext/

kextload kXAudioDriver.kext/

Work on my system!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Odd, I think I'm getting the rear 2 channels when I have a 5.1 source. I don't have any problems when listening to anything in stereo. My 2.0 speakers are definitely hooked up to the correct output. I've tried the other outputs as well, but they didn't give me any sound at all. Any ideas? :unsure:

Gigabyte EP35-DS3L

Sound Blaster Audigy 2 (SB0240)