New Kalyway 10.5.2 Release!

168 posts in this topic

Hi , I would like to know if there is a support for jmicron ide controlers.

I only have an ide dvd drive and i have "apple.boot.plist not found error" and I don't want to buy a sata drive ;) , if I could finally boot, I would be very HAPPY :angel::D

I can only see update torrents. I do have 10.5.1 installed but doesn't really work on my VIAO TXN19P due to Video (no native resolution - currently blue screen), Audio (no sound at all), Wireless (no recognition of internal NIC), USB (no recognition of D-Link wireless dongle) driver issues and wanted to do a fresh install of 10.5.2, instead of an update to see if it resolves some if not all issues.

A recommendation of the torrent would be greatly apprciated.

Thanks,

KK

I can only see update torrents. I do have 10.5.1 installed but doesn't really work on my VIAO TXN19P due to Video (no native resolution - currently blue screen), Audio (no sound at all), Wireless (no recognition of internal NIC), USB (no recognition of D-Link wireless dongle) driver issues and wanted to do a fresh install of 10.5.2, instead of an update to see if it resolves some if not all issues.

A recommendation of the torrent would be greatly apprciated.

Thanks,

KK

This coffee shop may be relevant to your interests.

piratebay-logo.gif

Hi , I would like to know if there is a support for jmicron ide controlers.

I only have an ide dvd drive and i have "apple.boot.plist not found error" and I don't want to buy a sata drive :( , if I could finally boot, I would be very HAPPY :):P

I had the same issue. To remedy, I disabled all AHCI and RAID support in the BIOS on Gigabyte GA P35 DS3L Mobo. Booted from disc without error.

what the $%*~ is the "IntelMemoryController" option?

Something I was hacking around with. It adds the memory controller pciid to:

IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext

Theoretically it should be there but in reality it does absolutely nothing and in some cases causes a crash. There is a thread by Slice which has more details:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=85012

Works great. Specs:

Shuttle SD37P2

Q6600

320gb HDs x3

8gb ECC ram

Ati Radeon HD 2600 XT (256 ddr3; pcie)

Broadcom 5751 G-Ethernet

Realtek ALC882 6-channel audio

All work and all the USB and firewire work.

The kabylkernel was the only one to recognize all 4 cores. All the other ones only saw 1 core. System Profiler works except for the memory section. It doesn't report the memory.