New Kalyway 10.5.2 Release!

168 posts in this topic

Can anyone please tell me the installation guide. Currently I have iaktos with kalyway 10.5.2 patch on it on my Lenovo N200 but my LAN (BCM590X), Intel HD sound ALC882 and WLAN Intel 3965agn dont work on it. Also how to burn this particular image on the disk with other kext in the Add_kext_to_dvd_boot folder.

Regards

Bilal

I alway have problems installing Kalyway's OSX and I have no idea why, I can easily install iTkos, Toh, leo4all, brazil , but kalyway's always seems to be a problem, and for example what does this error mean?

couldn't validate the contents of the 'BaseSystem' package

Same error with another package:

couldn't validate the contents of the 'iTuneX' package

... and is it normal that the Atheros package is empty?

EDIT:

here you go ... hope this right tongue.gif (double-checked)

MD5 (Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd.iso) = e03af401cc9e0baab1401199170ddf99

3,927,363,584 bytes (3.66GB)

I get the exactly same thing, that confirms it's the correct value.

The very first release so far that works for me like a charm. Unbelievable.

My Hackintosh:

- Gigabyte P965-DS4 rev 3.3 (Bios F11 Beta)

- Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 (identified as Core Solo though)

- 6GB DDR2 800 (OCZ)

- S-ATA: HDD (2), DVD, DVD-RW

- Nvidia Geforce 8800GS 640MB working (1920x1200 on a 24" TFT)

- Onboard-Lan working out of the box

- WLAN (Realtek wl111v2) working with the official Realtek-drivers

- Sound working with ALC888 (hd) drivers

- Bluetooth (Asus dongle) works out of the box. So do the BT-Mighty-Mouse & BT-Keyboard (the new one...)

System profiler dies instantly after 1 sec.

I used the 9.2.2 kabyl-kernel, it works best for me.

X-Bench: 142.36 :wacko:

Can anyone please tell me how to installation it. Currently I have iaktos with kalyway 10.5.2 patch on it on my Lenovo N200 but my LAN (BCM590X), Intel HD sound ALC882 and WLAN Intel 3965agn dont work on it. Also how to burn this particular image on the disk with other kext in the Add_kext_to_dvd_boot folder.

Regards

Bilal

woooooowwwww great news!!!! =D

only one question... is the battery meter available now for laptops?????????????????

well thanx for the new kalyway!!!!

The battery meter works fine on mine, but USB doesn't work with the speedstep kernel so I'm not sure there's any point in using Leopard on my laptop.

Hello everyone is a new forum. I wanted to know if there is a version of Leopard Server 10.5 amended by kalyway or others, for intel PC. I would like to know if you can apply the same patch used for the client version of the leopard server version and if any of you has done. Thanks in advance for your reply. Good day to all :P

I can say this DVD really nice release! my boot time it does not pass 12 sic and everythig work ok. BUT I don't have sound driver for ALC888 or Linksys wifi drive (RT2500USBWirelessDriver). I tryed to add them to the DVD but I did not have any success doing that.

I've been testing OSX86 since the very first version released by the comunity (Tiger 10.4.1) and I've got to say that this is by far simply the best "distribution" I have ever tested.

All working out of the box, plus the fastest boot from an install DVD ever! Of course my hardware is very much compatible, but that doesn't take the credit from Kaly!

Keep up the good work!!

EDIT: Just having some problems with audio out, but I'm still happy :P

My Xbench score jumped from ~180 to ~220.

For those who chose 9.2.0 speedstep kernel and found that the USB fix in the installer still didn't give them USB2 on the desktop, so to speak, try this:-

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=95789&st=0

- it worked perfectly for me.

Cudos to ipoz for the simple tutorial smile.gif

Next question. Which Speedstep package should I download/install to get Speedstep working? I had heard that speedstep doesn't work outside of 10.5.1. Hopefully that is not the case.

For anyone looking to run this on a Northwood P4 based system, you're wasting your time.

It crashes right after it loads the ToH kernel and reboots.

Constantly.

It's kinda frustrating how its marked SSE2 but it doesnt work on SSE2.

I can confirm this. It reboots right after EFI <something>, and continues to do it in a loop with my SSE2 Xeon test machine. Booting with -x gets you farther, but it still won't boot to the installer. Personally, I suspect that my chipset/BIOS is so old that it can't load the EFI bootloader.

I've had much better luck with my AMD machine. It installed and booted, and even got QE/CI up and running without any tweaking. Audio worked out of the box (ALC888), but no joy with my onboard NIC (Realtek 82xx I think.) Had to grab a cheapo Linksys LNE100TX to get connected. Then sometimes when I booted I'd get garbage for my desktop. Had to twiddle with USB settings (USB 2.0 enabled, Legacy enabled) to get my desktop back. Weird but true. A friend of mine with an ATI HD 2600 had the same problem. With those settings enabled, no USB drive will mount, but I can just use my network instead.

Now the final problem is getting VLC to run. No matter what version I load (PPC or Intel), the thing just dies when I try to run it. Anybody else having this problem?

EDIT: Fixed VLC by disabling "3D Now!" under Preferences/Advanced/CPU features. What the heck is 3D Now! doing on a Mac app?

For those who chose 9.2.0 speedstep kernel and found that the USB fix in the installer still didn't give them USB2 on the desktop, so to speak, try this:-

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=95789&st=0

- it worked perfectly for me.

i think you meant this one

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...ic=95789&st

I am running iATKOS v1.0 r2 + EqUaTe r3 with KalywayComboupdate10.5.2. Why the Pc is taking time after installation of 10.5.2. How to correct this.

Currently After Darwinboot Apple Logo appears and after few seconds cpu is still working and the monitor gets off and after a minute the screen appears.