Leopard on Quad Core Q6600

236 posts in this topic

Sico - upload it - I will give it a try :)

igotjshoe - is there anyway you can get a hold of one? From an old computer maybe? I tried going the USB route and couldn't figure it out

I hope guys you succeed some how doing this, really appreciated.

I did download from the internet the Bios version 5.07 but for the IPILB-LA. Is it any good for the IPILB-LB. Anyone willing to tried :D

Hope igotjshoe will post his copy :blink:

if you have the IPILB-LA, 5.07 thats the version that the m9040n uses. Could you send that file to me, zipped?

PM me if thats possible.

thanks!

Kenny

So I was trying to use a windows based bio loader [AFUWIN.exe] but it gives me a can't load driver message when I try to run it, so I need to sort that out. The PC does not have a floppy drive, so But thanks again for sending up this rom, I'll let you guys know the results once I get it in there,

kenny

O.k I manage to get the version 5.23 and I did install completely the iATKOS 10.5.4 by using cpus=1. The problem I have now is when the installation finished and ask me to reboot, I get the message of HSF+ partition error. Did fix this, now when I restart it, It will stuck freezing after few lines been loading. A picture is included were I get stuck . Any help please

post-275177-1219767584_thumb.jpg

have you checked out this thread, it may have something to do with your issuue. I was apprehensive editing my bios, but the problem you have sounds like the problem they are fixing by editing that DSDT info in the bios. Hope this is helpful,

you know my laptop was a breeze to get to work compared to this stuff.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=90505#

Kaby was editing folks bios earlier, then they posted a tutorial and slowed on the prepped ones, but people still request and theres some good info in that thread.

kenny

Hi from Venezuela guys! I been reading ur post, so far I installed kalyway 10.5.1 on my HP Pavilion m9250f using cpus=1 -v, other ones just reboot or get stuck on apple logo like aitkos 4i, if anybody hu live in USA can share some info to buy a IPILB-LA with an older BIOS like 5.06 let me know cuz i wanna try OSX like u guys :D or how can we downgrade this damn BIOS to 5.06.

And if guys give up, just check it out this site psystar

Thx in Advance n keep working.

I can confirm that 5.07 from the IPIBL-LA board works B) Running Kalyway - no flags needed (Cpus=1 etc) I flashed in DOS :)

OMG @.@ 2006C6 What computer do u have again? and what are u done exactly? u downgrade bios? @_@ how... gimme tips to follow so i can try to :P

Thx in advance and congrats

Sico -thanks again for that rom, I am totally in the middle of installing ideneb1054 or whatever its spelt, man, this is awesome, I totally flashed it tonight after the office, with a usb xp pendrive and AFUWIN windows flasher.

Once I got the installer I got this thing licked, so Im trying a vanilla only kernal install. Im so happy, you don't know, this thing went into the shop to HP twice to have the rom flashed. Thanks again to everybody, for the info, brainpower and resources, I'll report back later.

Kenny

ps got ideneb to boot, and am up and running, now I'm trying to sort out the network card and wifi, but the card reader worked which is a nice plus, and I have like 6 [4 big /2 small] of those HP external drives that plug in, to bring my old resources from the computer I am retiring. The 888 audio patch on the ideneb appears to be working but will test more after sleeping, later

K

yeah, todays project is to reboot that vista drive, and find out what the wifi card and the networking should be and try to sort out some kext for those buggers, have a replacement wifi I picked up on my last laptop hackintosh attempt, and that will work if all else fails, but Im trying to keep this thing like the store innards.

kenny

Hey Guys, I am glad to see you up and running on 5.07. As for me I did installed the JAS 10.5.4 client on my board IPILB-LB version 5.23 and it's fully open and working, audio, video and internet... :D the only thing I still have to solve is the flag cpus=1, yes it's only works on one Core for now instead of four.

Now you guys saying there is no such flag needed for you with Idneb 10.5.4, is it your cpu quad cores, can you confirm this? I like to tried iDneb if this is the case.

Reply please :unsure:

I'm getting all four cores, but no internet. Audio says its working, but frankly I use 3rd party hardware audio addons so not that concerned to check the outputs [never owned a computer that didnt have ANY speaker built in before] but my 828 is working like a champ [mk1 as well] so if I can sort out this ralink network adapter or just get a replacement and be done. Are you guys getting anything out of the tv cards and stuff? My cardreader worked [which they don't often] so thats great, and I added 4 gigs of ram to it, and an extra internal sata drive 500 g.

if you have any internet kext suggestions based on my hardware, feel free to wing em my way too.

kenny

I felt like a bad dream ended when I saw that floating X!

I'm getting all four cores, but no internet. Audio says its working, but frankly I use 3rd party hardware audio addons so not that concerned to check the outputs [never owned a computer that didnt have ANY speaker built in before] but my 828 is working like a champ [mk1 as well] so if I can sort out this ralink network adapter or just get a replacement and be done. Are you guys getting anything out of the tv cards and stuff? My cardreader worked [which they don't often] so thats great, and I added 4 gigs of ram to it, and an extra internal sata drive 500 g.

if you have any internet kext suggestions based on my hardware, feel free to wing em my way too.

kenny

I felt like a bad dream ended when I saw that floating X!

for the internet, try using a wireless bridge if you have or something like power line bridge, because it's doesn't need any driver for Mac OS :unsure:

Now when you install iDneb on this version 5.07 did first enter cpus=1 and later on after the installed is done you did not need to enter it anymore?

I didnt check, but maybe you should redownload it, but remember im on a m9040n, and thats the bios for the ASUS IPIBL-LA not LB. Other than that, I couldnt tell you.

kenny

Sico, I didn't need any cpu=1 flags at all during any stage, once I modded the bios. before that nothing was working no matter what cpu flag.

Id try ideneb, I used kalyway for my laptop in jan, this was a smoother install

Kenny

Ps my ethernet is a no go too, from what im reading the Intel 825662DC will never be working

OMG! aja i read about the bios, this will work on mine? my bios versions is 5.17, thx in advance, and great job :D

Do not try the 5.07, it's only for the IPILB-LA (different, it may look the same but not). as for your version you should be fine, JAs 1.0.5.4 works for me, first tried it with your video on board not the card. second when you enter f8 for options, type cpus=1 and enter after and let it go. If you can get to the installation screen, then you have to format you partition as Journalet extended for Mac using disk utility, then in later before you installed you customised your installation. Make sure you choose one kernel like stageNXU and do not check any video driver and let the installation go. when it's rebooted removed the dvd from the drive and under F8 option enter again cpus=1 and let it roll baby and enjoy Mac.... :P

Oh then, maybe i cant flash the BIOS, or maybe i can upgrade the bios like Sico but using 1 core its kinda weird :/ :D:unsure:

I am gonna try to mod the bios to get it working for four cores. I will update you if I succeed with that guy name KABYL