Leopard on Quad Core Q6600

236 posts in this topic

Oh you installed using distros, then retail snow, keke nice.

Everything working without problem?

Yeah, it was much easier to do that than to use a boot CD, although the latest Chameleon RC3 can supposedly handle that fine. Everything else is working A-OK except for sleep, which doesn't work in Windows either. All total I spent about ~$700 for a PC last winter that is still capable of a 7500 in Geekbench - not too shabby.

My only issue was with some kernel panics after the install, but that was due to permission issues with S/L/E and E/E, which is easily fixed by booting into 10.5 and repairing from there. Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

after trying a few different versions of cdinject, and now a compiled usb, I am currently getting through an install on a usb drive attached, but I don't get why its not seeing the internal SATA bus with the current two leopard drives in the computer...

im missing some step here, but I havent seen this being a problem for everyone, and my drives are GUID already.

Kenny

the install on the usb worked, now trying to get the bootloader to run it.

I´m running SL on my GA EP45-DS3 mobo, Q6600 cpu, Sata hdds. I did it the "old way" from a Leo and also with a boot 132 cd I found here. Seems you don´t have to use an usb pendrive or what the heck it´s called in english, not with my gear anyway. My two cheap noname 7300 gs 512 pcie videocards I bought from hongkong (ebay) works better than ever (got three displays).

I searched around here for a week or so trying to figure out how do it and finally I found info and a com.apple.boot.plist, a few kexts, fasls dsdt patcher and drhurts installerpackage with the new chameleon inside. Found this in a couple guides around here.

Boot up is a bit uggly but it works and it´s about as quick as my old good looking 10.5.6. It shuts down too takes a while but it does shut down. Internal drives show up as grey internal even timemachine works.

Logic works too etc etc