Leopard on Quad Core Q6600

236 posts in this topic

Hello Guys,

I have no problem with shutdown, works perfect. So it could be my guess drivers not compatible been install.

As for the wireless ethernet, you can use the TEW-424UB 802.11g Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter from trednet and the driver for it included within the Jas dvd, I forget what it's called but I will follow it up. Another option use wireless bridge and you don't need driver.

As for the wireless ethernet, you can use the TEW-424UB 802.11g Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter from trednet and the driver for it included within the Jas dvd, I forget what it's called but I will follow it up. Another option use wireless bridge and you don't need driver.

The TEW-424UB use the Realtek 8187B chip and it's included in the JAS 10.5.4 client server packages under realtek 8187 wireless usb. Works great :)

I bought today from futureshop ATI HD3650 1GB $99.

I replaced the present in my system the Nvidia 9500GS 512MB. I installed the driver from JAS DVD for HD3650 and works fine with different resolutions and fully recognized by Mac OS.

I really like the performance of Nvidia 9500Gs better on the windows vista 64 Bit it did score 163 compare to 74 for ATI HD3650, but I don't know what's the difference on MAc OS because I don't have the right driver for Nvidia yet to compare it with ATI3650.

However I am going to give it a shot of doing some test on that Nvidia card before I put it on eBay for sale and keep the ATI card. If anyone have done some testing on the Nvidia card let us know :)

I bought today from futureshop ATI HD3650 1GB $99.

I replaced the present in my system the Nvidia 9500GS 512MB. I installed the driver from JAS DVD for HD3650 and works fine with different resolutions and fully recognized by Mac OS.

I really like the performance of Nvidia 9500Gs better on the windows vista 64 Bit it did score 163 compare to 74 for ATI HD3650, but I don't know what's the difference on MAc OS because I don't have the right driver for Nvidia yet to compare it with ATI3650.

However I am going to give it a shot of doing some test on that Nvidia card before I put it on eBay for sale and keep the ATI card. If anyone have done some testing on the Nvidia card let us know :)

The only test so far with nvidia 8600GT is watch the last mummy movie and one episode of 24, looks great :wacko: but i think the shutdown thingy is cuz the nvidia card or something like dat...

The only test so far with nvidia 8600GT is watch the last mummy movie and one episode of 24, looks great :wacko: but i think the shutdown thingy is cuz the nvidia card or something like dat...

How did you mange to get Mac OS recognized your card. Is it by using the manual setting, device Id, NVCAp etc... give us the code for it may be we can try to understand the concept for this

:)

Ok, this is why I install from the JaS drivers:

Kernel: StageXNU

Chipset: None

Video: NvKush by Diabolik

Network: RT2500

Audio: ALC888

Plugin: None

Device Identification: None

SMbios: None

After installation I install the wireless one n dats it :/

Icchan-san

What in the graphics display information listed there, is the name of you card there?, memory capacity, staff like that. If it's not , it means that you are using a universal limited driver with one display setting like me now with Nvidia 9500GS.

You can go there by clicking on about my Mac

Icchan-san

What in the graphics display information listed there, is the name of you card there?, memory capacity, staff like that. If it's not , it means that you are using a universal limited driver with one display setting like me now with Nvidia 9500GS.

You can go there by clicking on about my Mac

Im at office now, but i can tell u something, I'm using 1280x1024 60hz, 32 bits, it say is 256mb video card but its 512mb in windows, what else I can say... ehh i can see alot of resolutions but i pick the one im using in windows, so I didnt really try another ones...

PD: Im going to update this post soon as possible, thx Sico

Im at office now, but i can tell u something, I'm using 1280x1024 60hz, 32 bits, it say is 256mb video card but its 512mb in windows, what else I can say... ehh i can see alot of resolutions but i pick the one im using in windows, so I didnt really try another ones...

PD: Im going to update this post soon as possible, thx Sico

Yes :P I think your video card it's working nearly fully, you just have to adjust what it's called the VRAM in the plist. I never done it before, scare to screw things

Im so new on this... I dunno about kext or plist, i ear about plist on iphone but i dont really know how they work T_T

Update: I found this page http://nvinject.free.fr/downloads.php i will try to install from here, theres even mods for the ROM but i wont try dat or not yet ¬_¬

Update 2 (after going home): Tried but i didnt understand how to use the kext thingys... ima try another leopard... this is weird i remember the pc shutting down after installation... T_T im doing something wrong

try this NVInstallerV.41 its what i use for my nvidia 8600gt xfx just pick the right ram size like 256 512 etc.....

Ok I installed, the video card works, but not solution for the shutdown :/ i tried poweroff bug but it doesnt work, maybe its the wireless? ima keep trying :)

Update: I Installed once again Leopard, without drivers or kernel, shut down works... all cores T_T tomorrow ima try to install one by one to check which one its not working properly.

Well nothing to report, it just doesnt work, I tried yesterday with Kalyway 10.5.2, then ideneb (this one its slooow as hell to install), and im back to JaS 10.5.4 nothing really work T_T

I noticed something, leopard doesnt show my processor, just my cores.

as u can see in this from karaakeha1, it shows his processor and his cores. Mine doesnt show the Processor, Maybe I need my own Bios MOD, but kabyl doesnt show :D

Have to wait until i guess, take care u guys and thx for everything :D

post-261701-1220808810_thumb.jpg

Well nothing to report, it just doesnt work, I tried yesterday with Kalyway 10.5.2, then ideneb (this one its slooow as hell to install), and im back to JaS 10.5.4 nothing really work T_T

I noticed something, leopard doesnt show my processor, just my cores.

as u can see in this from karaakeha1, it shows his processor and his cores. Mine doesnt show the Processor, Maybe I need my own Bios MOD, but kabyl doesnt show :)

Have to wait until i guess, take care u guys and thx for everything :D

mines show up i used leo4all

how did up get wireless working an shut down working

Install the driver dat I send ya last time.

Ralink Driver: http://rapidshare.com/files/142206532/RTUS...870-1.1.1.0.dmg :(

About the shutdown, it just work after installation :/

I just installed from Leo4all v3, from the customize windows I pick:

Kernel: Netkas

AppleSMBIOS: DDR800

Audio: ALC888

Chipset Driver: Nforce test

Video: None

Wireless: None

Video and WIFI installed post Installation

Aw weird~ but I dunno there but theres forum about that, but it doesnt happen to me, or not yet. Only thing happen if I lost the conection of a bit i have to restart the conection manually, windows do this automatically :/

Update: ok on leo4all v3 it doesnt happen anymore :thumbsup_anim: fixed @.o

• 2 weeks later...

so far, so good, im afraid to update to leopard 10.5.5 i dont get a couple stuff, like this one:

Find there string /System/Library/Extensions/Dont Steal Mac OS X.kext

And replace with this string /System/Library/Extensions/dsmos.kext or r3d3.kext / AppleDecrypt.kext if you use this.

Then save it.

I dont even have these kext T_T or i cant find them. anyway Im thinking about trying a retail version or get efix. what do u guys think?

mines ok, although I havent run up to 10.5.5, tried last night, but had to timemachine back to 10.5.4 but thats what its for.

using the apple usb/ethernet adapter, nothing else worked yet.

kenny

i booted with cpus=1 -f -s -x after i update my machine booted in safe mode i restarted it then it was smooth sailing from there im running the retail copy

so far, so good, im afraid to update to leopard 10.5.5 i dont get a couple stuff, like this one:

I dont even have these kext T_T or i cant find them. anyway Im thinking about trying a retail version or get efix. what do u guys think?

try this method

FIRST: backup /System/Library/Extensions/

1) Download the update here: << Download >>

2) Open Terminal

3) Run the following commands:

CODE

sudo -s

Type your password. Hit enter. Then type this and hit enter:

CODE

while sleep 1; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext; done

^ ^ YOU MUST DO THIS STEP ABOVE!!!

You CANNOT just delete it afterward. It WILL BREAK the install, and require a new install or restore from backup.

4) Run the installer.

---------------------------------

5) When the installer finishes, DO NOT REBOOT!

6) In the Terminal window, hold the CONTROL key and press C.

7) Type in the following command:

CODE

sudo nano /System/InstallAtStartup/scripts/1

8) Find the line with /System/Library/Extensions/Dont Steal Mac OS X.kext

9) Replace it with:

For DSMOS users:

CODE

/System/Library/Extensions/dsmos.kext

For R3D3 Users:

CODE

/System/Library/Extensions/r3d3.kext

10) Hold CONTROL and press the O key. Then hit enter.

11) Hold CONTROL and press the X Key.

12) Type exit and enter. Repeat untill "Proccess Completed" is shown.

13) Close Terminal.

-- Before you reboot, move any KEXTS from the backups you made, back to the Extensions folder. This may include AppleACPIPlatform,kext and others, graphics, sound, etc. --

14) REBOOT and cross your fingers!