Leopard on Quad Core Q6600

236 posts in this topic

anybody figure out how to either extract a bios from that working motherboard yet? I still haven't read anywhere a method, -I'm still holding off on trying to manually hack current one, i would prefer to keep this thing with its built in parts.

Kenny

i think i can

Hi igotjshoe,

I was reading your post and looks like I do have the same issue as you had before. I have purchased the HP a6552f with IPIBL_LB motherboard with bios version 5.25. I try every single version almost and no go. the installation will hang at the beginning or restart loop. Now after reading your posts, you have slightly older version MOBO the la version and it was working until you update the bios to 5.25.

Did you get it back to the old bios, can you email me the old bios if you have it . Can you advise me what version should I use, I did download almost all version now :P on my hard drive. Any help on avoiding the kernal panic also would be great and apreciated.

Please reply!!!

I just got myself a refurb HP M9150f... now I see what you mean!! This board doesn't want to know nuthin! It's a variant of yours actually, an IPIBL-LB. Have you looked at this thread? My install stops with the same reported message and the proposed BIOS mod supposedly fixes the 4-core issues. I submitted mine... we'll see. If I do get a reply and I screw up my board, I guess I'll be joining your discussion of the best bang-for-the-buck micro-ATX mobos... :D

BTW: I used AFUDOS236 from ASUS to make a backup of the 5.25 BIOS in my system rather than extracting the ROM from the downloadable exe. Had we known we could have made a backup of the 5.07 BIOS ;(

Hi limini,

I am in the same boat as you guys with the IPIBL-lb board bios version issue. SO you thing this the bios version 5.07 that will work . If so I can get it from HP, I did call them yesterday and they are willing to do(new computer 3 days ols) it via the internet and I can pass it to all. Confirmation needed. :o

you guys let me know if you get that older bios file [5.07] from HP, because I definitely want to downgrade mine too.

I just saw in this thread that AFUDOS236 is used to extract bios files from motherboards, Im at the office, but does this work? If so, couldn't we just get it off igotjshoe's board? thanks for the about that

igotjshoe - to back up the rom we need to:

1 - have a bootable floppy (WinXP boot disk is best)

2 - have a second floppy with afudos.exe on it

3 - boot from WinXP boot disk

4 - once booted swap the disk with the disk with afudos.exe on it

5 - back up your rom by typing:

afudos /o that is an o - not a zero

once completed remove the disk - boot to Win or Mac - the file will be 1024kb - name rename to 506.rom and upload

Download WinXP bootdisk maker Here

Download AFUDos.exe Here

should work :)

hey thanks for the updated info 2006C6. I DLed that AFUD app but haven't had a chance to see how it worked, and didn't want to refer to it until I understood its action. Hopefully Igotjshoe will be able to get this to work for us HP guys. Thanks again for the progress.

Kenny