[Release] Leo4VMware by ~pcwiz

504 posts in this topic

Hey NSCXP2005,

The BIOS info is stored in the FreeBSd-64bit.nvram file. There isn't much on the net about BIOS NVRAM files so I'm not sure, the file name is all I can tell you...

Guys

The NVRAM files are just the persistent BIOS settings, the BIOS itself is an embedded file in the vmware-vmx executable. It can be extracted and loaded using bios440.filename = "filename" in the VMX file. It can be altered using the Phoenix BIOS editor, which can be downloaded from Intel web site. (Look for BiosEdit2100.zip) For example, I added SLIC table into mine for Vista compatibility. I would be very suprised though if you could add AHCI support into it.

There are posts on the VMware forums about this, and actually Petr a VMware engineer explained how to do it. But remember the virtual chassis is some hacked up Intel 440BX motherboard & chipset, so certain things may not be possible.

Donk

I just tried getting pcwiz's vmware image. There was no link on the front page, so i used erei33's link. All of the links in the text file worked except for part 20. It's saying the file is no longer available. Could someone possibly PM me with the Rapidshare links, or a new link for part 20. It's the last one I need before I can try out Leopard in VMware.

Wolfgar2k

One thing I forgot adding this to VMX changes the chipset to ICH7M:

ich7m.present = "TRUE"

However not sure whether it is functional. My guess is that this is 975X (ICH7) chipset for the work VMware are doing on running Mac OS X Server as a guest.

Also

smc.present = "TRUE"

seems to enable the SMC fan controller, again needed for OS X as guest.

Don't think so as I am not sure how we could add it into the BIOS. I guess you would need to write a BIOS module that works with PhoenixBIOS 6, then use the editor to add it in. However, still not sure if the VMX parameter does anything much. I did some work on building some XP guests to check this out, bbut don't have them with me, and on the road with work.

Hello,

I'm new here, but very interested in a Virtual OS X and maybe later an OSx86 machine :D.

I've got my hands on this VM, but It just does not boot ... it hangs on the Apple grey screen.

So i restarted with -v command ... and now it stops there : leovmam9.jpg

I run the VM on this hardware / software

GA-P35-DS3P

Intel Core2Quad Q6600

4 GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2 RAM

XP Pro 32Bits

VMWare Server 1.04

Can someone help please

Thanks

Firstly I just wanted to say that I created this account for the sole purpose of thanking pcwiz! Wonderful job. Secondly I had a few issues and wanted to share in hopes someone might benefit from it.

When I initially ran the VMWare image it did not boot, it would sit at a black screen right after starting it. I do not have a clue as to what I did to fix the issue with it hanging. Being a developer I usually have alot of different applications that I install depending on the environment I am working in. I decided to just wipe the machine clean and reinstall the OS. When I installed VMWare again, I opted not to install the virtual debugger I use for visual studio (something I installed last time). Leopard booted up within minutes and has been working great ever since. This may have been an issue or not. I noticed that when the image did not boot I had errors in the event log about 'vmauthd could not connect to the VMX: \path\to\vmx\' but nothing more than that.

As it stands, Leopard is running fine. No network yet but I am working on that and I have a sneaking suspicion that its on my end and not VMWare (I also use an Intel 3945abg wireless card). Also not sure if it matters but this time when I loaded the Leopard image I chose "I Copied It" when it asked if I copied or moved it.

Thanks again pcwiz, keep up the good work!

- Joe

post-220495-1209030038_thumb.jpg

I think you need some sort of patched kext/kernel or something to make it work, not sure. The kernel installed is SSE2 compatible as I remember, but I think there is something else that is needed to make it SSE2 compatible.

Thanks ~pcwiz for the great job!

My configuration is C2D E4500 (2.2&3.2), 4096 PC8500, 8800GTS 512, RAID 0.

On Vista 64 host ~pcwiz's VM great starts but no USB and network on V 6.02 (

I try to update VW to 6.5 beta but VM cann't start due to CPU disabled error (used both FreeBSD-64 and Darwin-64 options, cpus=1...).

Today i attempt to run this VM on Vista 32 C2D Q6600, 2048 PC 6400, GF 8600GT and... it's work fine!!!

USB exellent work without any kext modifications!

Network... sometimes.. MAC is still 00.00... periodically it got the IP address by DHCP (I used briged network configuration on VM) helps disabling/enabling network adapter on VM and disconnecting/connecting it in Leopard network preferences.

Thanks ~pcwiz again!

-------------------------------------------

Work brother USB printer but not iPhone or USB flash drives((

Thanks Donk with your leopard.vmx and ws6.5 beta I have installed JAS 10.5.2 install iso everything works including network. 6.5 is the real deal mouse goes in and out of window and with Donk's vmx I can choose under other os Mac OS Leopard Server 10.5 (experimental) so cool support is coming yeah

Hi Jughead, what build of Workstation are you using? (ie e.x.p build-8xxxx) I'm running the latest 6.5 build on Windows and still only get the options of "MS-DOS, FreeBSD, FreeBSD 64bit, Other and Other 64bit" in the "Version" drop-down. I'm confused as to how you're seeing Mac OS listed (even experimental)... are you running WS on a Linux platform?

For info I've found Leo4VMware runs fine on Workstion 6.0 (prod) but crashes my WS6.5 beta build (on a different machine).

I just download Leo4AllV3 and I am trying to install it in vmware workstation version 6.0.3-80004... I get this error... here's the screenshot...

leo4allv3errouo9.jpg

can you help with this?

I am also downloading off your site to try that also, but I don't have Tiger in VMWare.

Hello

yes, I tried that command and it didn't work. A screen also pops up and says " CPU has been disabled by guest operating system. You will need to power off ot reset the virtual machine at this point." I restart it and same thing happens.

Any help on fixing this?

Hello

yes, I tried that command and it didn't work. A screen also pops up and says " CPU has been disabled by guest operating system. You will need to power off ot reset the virtual machine at this point." I restart it and same thing happens.

Any help on fixing this?

Get Workstation 6.5 beta. It is the best version of VMware to run this version of Leopard. The darwin-64 setting only works with that version.