ModBook?

22 posts in this topic

Frankly, IMO it sucks. They did the same thing with the iBook G4 a while back. It also sucked. If you want a tablet by a Windows Based one. There is no support for that software in OSX like there is in Vista. Sorry. :wacko:

MoC, if you watch the video you notice that it does have touch support, I think it might be using Wacom tablet software but it seems to work well.

Still, you'll get bored of it in a year. You'll be begging for a keyboard and a Touchpad. My friend went crazy with a tablet for a year.

I'd love one but MoC points out, one could get very bored with it in a years time. I'm pretty good with drawing and photoshop but I can't see myself ever getting one of these. It's basically a iMac Touch minus the keyboard and mouse (you could hook up a bluetooth mouse and keyboard and thus completing the iMac)

Still, it does seem pretty sweet

Not that recent of new though.... I think I read about this over a year ago.....

I do think that it's cool but it seems like it's the only Apple computer not developed by Apple; correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes... Vista is nice for a Tablet :-), Mac OS X is nice, but not for Tablet.

There is not complete support for Tablet features on a Mac, really, if you want a Tablet

go for a Windows one, or buy one with Wacom so you can use OS X with it.

Still, you'll get bored of it in a year. You'll be begging for a keyboard and a Touchpad. My friend went crazy with a tablet for a year.

It's not supposed to be a primary computer.

It's not supposed to be a gadget, or toy.

It's a tool for artists, and designers.

• 2 weeks later...
well, it doesn't have a keyboard, and it's not really that useful to me, why don't I just get a Macbook and a WACOM tablet?

Just buy the BlueTooth Wireless aluminium Keyboard andd pair it.

Yes... Vista is nice for a Tablet :-), Mac OS X is nice, but not for Tablet.

There is not complete support for Tablet features on a Mac, really, if you want a Tablet

go for a Windows one, or buy one with Wacom so you can use OS X with it.

or buy this one and install Windows ;)

Apple does not make one because the market is limited, so this is great for those who needs tablet mac. You have to be a kid to believe that if you dont need it, it sucks. There are professionals who need exact this functionality.

Of course you could make a hack, but that is not viable of you need it in your profession. And there are many good reasons to avoid vista (or xp) :-)

Apple does not make one because the market is limited, so this is great for those who needs tablet mac.

The market on an ultra-portable mac is also sorta limited, but Apple did it. I know a lot of students (including myself) that would love to have an Apple tablet.

The market on an ultra-portable mac is also sorta limited, but Apple did it. I know a lot of students (including myself) that would love to have an Apple tablet.

Love to have or need to have? Well ultra-portables... well, there is limited markets and more limiteds markets. If it becomes a larger success it might happen that apple wants to make one inhouse...

And also remember boys and girls, it even includes a GPS! <ti-ting>

• 2 weeks later...

A friend of mine received a full ride+$ 10,000 a year to Virginia Tech...he is in the engineering program and they require a tablet pc...and well lets just say that he hates windows...he should be getting his in the next couple of months. I will do a full review...then again he might not end up getting it. I think it'd be awesome.