Mac OS X Cougar?

bladest

38 posts in this topic

That would be damn impressive. Leo has only been out a few months and they are already into the at least beta stage with 10.6?

A quick google and it appears they haven't even settled on a name much less have any type of completed product ready.

I'm sure they've got people working on 10.6 but I doubt there's anything approximating a bootable os yet. Probably still in the planning stages.

Now, as far as your feline nomenclature goes, a Cougar is the same as a Panther, so maybe they're pulling your chain and talking about 10.3. :D

lol. :D

I'm sure they've got people working on 10.6 but I doubt there's anything approximating a bootable os yet. Probably still in the planning stages.

Now, as far as your feline nomenclature goes, a Cougar is the same as a Panther, so maybe they're pulling your chain and talking about 10.3. ;)

Haha good one Ryan. I will have to remember to screw with someone on that. :D Oh and like someone said Linking to illegal material (ie. torrents) is against forum policy and your post will be edited acordingly. I love InsanelyMac so please don't screw it up for the rest of us.

-Hayden (SoftwareUpdater)

Even though we have all done it in the past, you shouldn't put thread titles in caps. It just looks stupid, and doesn't get anybody attention fast.

To my knowledge, Apple started working on Leopard round about 10.4.7.. so i wouldn't hold your breathe for a beta yet.

They may announce something at WWDC08 About their amazing OS... but probably only a leo update... :P

Think Mark

You're not going to see mention of the next OS until at least 2009. I would think Apple would be aiming for a new release every 18-24 months. Also, Cougar is such a horrible name for anyone's product. I'm willing to bet Apple will retire the big cats before they ever use that name.

I think 'Lynx' would be a much better choice. That's my best for the next name :)

Wow, I thought I was a geek but I believe that Panik takes the cake. :D Ah, im just messing. It would be interesting to see his "source" for the information. Would really surprise me if it was a credible source.

Edit: Fixed some spelling mistakes.

Edited by Software Updater

Nope, you're wrong.

Jaguar, Panther, Tiger are all part of the same family/genus.

What is the only other cat part of this family? Yep, it's LION.

Therefore, with my super-nerd-like-powers-of-deduction I proclaim 10.6.0 Lion.

What about Cheetah (10.0) and Puma (10.1)? Do cheetahs also belong to the Pantheras?

.nomac

Nope, you're wrong.

Jaguar, Panther, Tiger are all part of the same family/genus.

What is the only other cat part of this family? Yep, it's LION.

Therefore, with my super-nerd-like-powers-of-deduction I proclaim 10.6.0 Lion.

10.6 Lion?

Doesn't sound like something Apple would do...

I proclaim Mac OS XI Turtle!

Lynx and Cougar are the only two other cats Apple has trademarked. Therefore those will be the codenames for .6 and .7.

Or maybe Apple will invent a new animal for .6, .7 ,.8 ,and .9 :)