[Guide + Installer] Leopard Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P/DS3R/DS4 (10.5.2 + EFI)

~pcwiz

1,128 posts in this topic

EDIT: I would also like to add, about the 9.2.2 kernel, we should just wait for the 10.5.3 update (coming soon) that includes the 9.3.0 kernel. Then assuming that netkas or someone makes a nice patched kernel for it, we install it. I'm almost fainting at the thought of all the work I'll have to do on this guide when 10.5.3 comes ;)

Thanks for the answer, and thanks in advance for the new guide :P

@Demonic Angelz: Have you installed Graphic driver during installation?

Thanks for the answer, and thanks in advance for the new guide :) @Demonic Angelz: Have you installed Graphic driver during installation?
yes. It is recognized as well.
@Dem Anok, first step for you would be to put your signature on the bottom. There is no way anybody can easily track your specs to help you, that is the main reason that there is not a lot of response too. So please do that first.
okay. done :)

EDIT: I would also like to add, about the 9.2.2 kernel, we should just wait for the 10.5.3 update (coming soon) that includes the 9.3.0 kernel. Then assuming that netkas or someone makes a nice patched kernel for it, we install it. I'm almost fainting at the thought of all the work I'll have to do on this guide when 10.5.3 comes :D

That's why i made the switch to one of the "vanilla" installs available here at the forum. This way i didn't have any troubles to use the timemachine update with ne latest kernel. Of course, sleep, reboot, shutdown are far from perfect, but the system itself is rock stable. :)

Nonetheless... your guide was the first to get me into this osx86 thing, many thanks for that. :)

Hey,

I installed 10.5.1 and everything seemed to go pretty smooth, but then there was a hang up when I tried to boot. I booted in verbose mode and found it's hanging in 3 different places when I try to reboot.

Sometimes it hangs on: AppleRTL8169Ethernet: Ethernet Address xx:xxetc

Sometimes on: date/time localhost mDNSResponder mDNSResponder-164 (Nov 4 2007 13:23:02)[39]: starting

I read in another thread that it just takes time, so I let it sit overnight with no luck.

After rebooting this morning, it got hung up here: localhost /usr/sbin/ocspd[72]: starting

I left it there when I left for work this morning...maybe I'll get lucky when I get home.

I'm pretty sure I got all the BIOS settings right. I just read off of the tutorial and made the changes in order. I set up the hard drive as MBR and selected the appropriate EFI.

Thanks for any help.

post-183137-1207148252_thumb.jpg

pcwiz,

what do you think of leo4all v2? i read that its compatable with amd and intel, but is there an actuall advantage to KALYWAY 10.5.2 we have? :whistle:

No, there isn't an advantage. It would be easier to use it rather than Kalyway because it has 10.5.2 built in, but the end result with both will be the same once you follow this guide.

Alright..... It had fallen asleep and wouldn't wake up with the mouse or keyboard, so I was just going to shut down with the power button. Pressed the button and pop/sizzle/smoke.

I had shut down with this method before while I was figuring out my installation a few times, so I wonder why it happened now...right when everything was seemingly going smooth. I'll see if I can RMA the board or send it to Gigabyte for exchange.

I'm a little worried about the rest of my components...I have no way of testing them out to see if they're ok :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks macciti ;) I'm on 10.4.11 right now and 10.5.2 was so sweet.

post-183137-1207189813_thumb.jpg

post-183137-1207189824_thumb.jpg

Hi anyone please help.

I've been trying to install this kalyway by exactly following the installation guide but i've never been success. I could complete the installaton but after the system rebooted the apple logo appeared together with the loading icon for awhile followed by blank gray color screen then it just suddenly stopped. There was no sign of loading from harddisk after all. I tried both MBR and Guid or install without vanilla kernel, it ended up at the same thing. I'm not sure it's because of my CPU. Here is my pc combination

Intel Core 2 Duo E8200 2.66 ghz

Gigabyte P35-DS3P (Bios version F10)

Asus ATI 2600 XT 256MB

2 GB of DDR2 800 mhz. Ram

IDE HDD Maxtor 60 GB

SATA LG DVD writer

Samsung monitor with DVI head

Edit: I think i have exactly the same problem as DemonAngelz

@aekasit

please put your speks in you signature. Alson boot in verbose mode, at the booting screen press F8 and then type -v and press enter. Take a picture where it stops and post it here ;)

@aekasit

please put your speks in you signature. Alson boot in verbose mode, at the booting screen press F8 and then type -v and press enter. Take a picture where it stops and post it here :)

Oops sorry..i'm new to this forum. I'll try. Thanks :)

Great guide! Will definitely use this for my install! :P Am curious about a few things since this will be my first build (ever).

I have yet to order my system (in my sig) but as you can see, my mobo is a Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R. Will I need to update my BIOS and (if I have to) how would I go through with this? Will I need Windows for updating, since I rather not install Windows.

Also, I would like to overclock the Q6600 (the reason for my heatsink), is this possible with my mobo and won't screw up the install? Will SpeedStep also prevent me from doing do due to the temperature control? If not, is it recommended that I use SpeedStep instead of the sleep kernel? I don't want anything to go ka-boom! :rolleyes:

Also for clarification: SpeedStep = no sleep/wake function whatsoever? Does restart and shutdown work?

For a painless install, should I do

1. Install EFI/Vanilla to 10.5.2, reboot
  2. Install the drivers for sound and the 3870, reboot
  3. Enjoy the beauty that is Hackintosh!

I'm nervous! :P If you have any addition tips/advice/suggestions based on my system listed in my sig, I'll be welcome to hear it :)