[Guide + Installer] Leopard Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P/DS3R/DS4 (10.5.2 + EFI)

~pcwiz

1,128 posts in this topic

ye, i mean technically that my new winmac-box :huh: finally will be able to install iphone sdk and see what its all about instaff... are there any other posts you have created here? what would be your recommendation for learning pc's and macs? What do you read usually?

I have read that its possible to patch kalyway PC-EFI and OSX unmodified karnel so that it will enable end user to get advantage of all apple updates. Have anybody do it? Ane success? What is the process?Also, booting with 'vanilla' what does it do exactly? I know its a good way to test computability of the vanilla kernel but what exactly is that?

OK, so.. after wanting to jump off a building I am finally installed. Everything seems to work no problems, even my PCI firewire. I am not stable tho I am still getting allot of random kernel panics. Currently I am running maxmem=3072 because I was reading around that 4GB RAM can be troublesome with AHCI. I have tried combinations of both as well. OSX runs in all instances of limiting RAM and not, AHCI on and not. I installed perfectly from the guide. Checked and double checked everything. Any others ideas for me? Thanks everyone.

castigatorso the problem is that its not stable?you mobo is well supported so is cpu according to wiki... i would check BIOS settings like pcwiz suggested...

That must be an issue with Blu ray drives cause I installed and booted from a Pioneer DVR-212D SATA drive just fine.

This is true.

I can't find the link but it's an issue with this Pioneer Blue Ray drive and some motherboards. In AHCI there is no way to boot from this drive; it doesn't even boot with a Windows (XP or Vista) disc.

I'd like the people to be aware of this issue, just in case someone is having problem with the same drive :(

This would be going to too much trouble, but if you wanted you could custom edit the DVD to have the ApplePIIXATA driver by Dune to load at DVD boot and then your SATA devices would work fine in native IDE mode, no AHCI :D

I have downloaded Kelyway 10.5.2 combo update from TPB and here is the info hash: 6F8297E400D4EC70F372FB0386DCF7FD245ADB86 Can someone confirm that its complete and without errors? Thanks!

I have downloaded Kelyway 10.5.2 combo update from TPB and here is the info hash: 6F8297E400D4EC70F372FB0386DCF7FD245ADB86 Can someone confirm that its complete and without errors? Thanks!

Same place I got my copy...

Go for it - once you do... There's no going back

:P

I think its worth it, almost every bug that was in 10.5.0 and 10.5.1 has been fixed in 10.5.2, plus you get a small speed boost too. And with your current specs, the update should go painlessly :)