Modified BIOS to get all cores working

Kabyl

1,884 posts in this topic

hi all it seems to be deleted the mod.bios on Kabyl sit

however i take the linke and google it and you can see the list without downloading any

plz plz plz any one can help by sending the file for MSI P35 platinum

thank you

Both cores working on ACER Aspire5672 with modded bios.

Why you EVER posted this, if I never saw the link or something ?

Btw, anyone got Aspire 5672 modded BIOS? I want to put a T7400 or T7600 CPU on it, but I need to know if it works or not.

Gradius

I'm using Phoenix BIOS Editor Pro 2.2.0.1 (the last I could find), when I open ZB1_3239.wph (the last BIOS for 5672) I get:

An unsupported module class "K" was found at offset E547F

An unsupported module class "*" was found at offset E542A

An unsupported module class "Q" was found at offset C4A93

An unsupported module class "H" was found at offset C06F3

And when I look into ACPI Editor, I just get empty content on all: ACPI0.AWL, ACPI1.BIN, ACPI2.ROM, ACPI3.ROM and ACPI4.ROM files.

Edit: ok, managed to get ACPI content, here is:

Scope(\_PR) {
Processor(CPU0,0x00,0x00001010,0x06){}
Processor(CPU1,0x01,0x00001010,0x06){}
 }

There's NO alias at all. Any idea?

Gradius

Hi Kabyl, I hope you are my saver here! Its been days trying to install Leo (10.5.1,10.5.2 All ISO versions) on my Asus Laptop A8Js with no success (error- still waiting for root device) I read some posts about it and try some of the things guys wrote here but with no success...So maybe I can use a modified bios to my laptop than i can finaly installing Leo :)

Here is the latest A8Js bios

http://dlsvr03.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/A8Js/A8Jsv211AS.zip

Thanks in advanced!

Just to let you know, Kabyl's joined on 16/February/2008 and his last post was in May 28 2008 (04:00 PM), that makes 14 days (2 full weeks), so I guess he give up or run away (lol?).

Gradius

you're not good with numbers, eh?

and no, you guessed wrong.

you're not good with numbers, eh?

and no, you guessed wrong.

So what's up, then? Can you give us the situation? I made a request 5 pages back... and I've been waiting for more than a month, I think. I really appreciate what you're doing for this community, but please don't keep the rest of us in the dark.

Kabyl makes that work for free !

Maybe users which want it faster, can pay him some work-charge to get priority ?

There are too much NBs and too much Bios Updates to get all of them fast and safe! patched.

Can we make an index of modded bioses with exact modelnumbers etc, so people can donwload the already patched bios files?

I have a HP Pavilion dv9540eb, the bios file is an exe(phoenix bios), dont think you can do much with that, so what now?

Kabyl,

First off, I would like to thank you for all the hard work on unraveling this deeply-seated problem with so many laptops.

I also have a ASUS-M50SA (as did someone a page or two back) and I decided to take a crack at it myself.

I've got a little farther than I thought I would.

I have:

Gotten ahold of AMI (that's what this machine uses) BIOS tools.

Extracted the DSDT

Fixed the DSDT

Recompiled the DSDT into a DSDT.aml

I've been able to piece this together with google and old Linux sites from the days when Linux commonly meant extracting and recompiling DSDT.

But I am a little lost when I reimplant it into the rom file for flashing. (how to get it back into a flashable bios form). I have a toolkit of AMI bios tools apparently up to date enough, but I haven't found which commands reimport the DSDT file.

Can you maybe just let the community know what tools you're using to do this (if they're available) even just names would give us something to google.

I have tried CBROM32, MODBIN, etc. but I cannot figure out where or how to insert the repaired DSDT (i.e. the DSDT.aml file Intel's ASL compiler made)...

I have mostly been getting size warnings.

Thanks for any help, tips, etc. I'm quite willing to Do-It-Myself, but I feel like I'm snagged on the last couple of steps.

Thanks. Efforts like yours make OS X x86 possible for the rest of us.

I will post an instructions doing this mod for AMI bios in a few days. I think teaching someone to fish is better then feeding them for life. I will find some time and write up the way I have extract the DSDT, decompile and inserted the DSDT back. Hopefully if Kabyl is not busy, he can give us some hints if I did something wrong.

About the Dell laptops. I am sitting on a laptop that I absolutely can not get osx to run without cpus=1 also. So far I have extracted the ROM but can not find any editor or find any DSDT strings inside the ROM. If someone can find a software to edit || decompress || decrypt the ROM, I can start working on it. But for now I think some how having the kernel read from an external DSDT file when it load (like linux) would be the best choice.

-DTsu

I will post an instructions doing this mod for AMI bios in a few days. I think teaching someone to fish is better then feeding them for life. I will find some time and write up the way I have extract the DSDT, decompile and inserted the DSDT back. Hopefully if Kabyl is not busy, he can give us some hints if I did something wrong.

About the Dell laptops. I am sitting on a laptop that I absolutely can not get osx to run without cpus=1 also. So far I have extracted the ROM but can not find any editor or find any DSDT strings inside the ROM. If someone can find a software to edit || decompress || decrypt the ROM, I can start working on it. But for now I think some how having the kernel read from an external DSDT file when it load (like linux) would be the best choice.

-DTsu

Thank you, I will gladly wait.

Thank you David, this is greatly appreciated! Do you know if it is possible to change reported processor frequencies. My bios reports 998mhz as the only other frequency below 2.0ghz and therefore appleacpicputhrottle.kext won't work.

-DTsu

hi,

I've managed to boot with booth cores on my Inspiron 9400: description here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...st&p=775980

It seem's to work if you install kalyway 10.5.2 without patches and use Stock Kernel. After 10.5.3 update and manual patching, it's still working.

So, it boot but with critical graphics shuttering, witch fixed after sleep out. I don't exactly know witch kexts are incrimined, i don't want to reinstall it again (to afraid to loose it!)., but if i have time, i will make some tests on a external HD.

Anyway, it's not very clean but it's a good solution for now.