Modified BIOS to get all cores working

Kabyl

1,884 posts in this topic

:( I'm extreamly in trouble to installation, I already invest money on board, CPU, Ram or so.

Please help me to fix my problem about bios. I have tried every options to boot installation disk and done with 9 other x86osx versions.

Symtom : I cannot load installation even with lots of options and versions.

Motherboard : G31-M7 TE 6.X

CPU : E2180

VGA : 8600GT

RAM : PC6400 2GB

HDD : IDE 250G (SLAVE)

ODD : IDE COMBO(MASTER)

Would you please help me?

Please help me, I deeply appreciate for your kindness and warm.

Bios Link

- select G31CM519.BFS by right click to save file

http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en-us/mb/bios.php?S_ID=363

Hi.

I have MSI P35 Platinum, Intel Core 2 Duo E6300, GeForce 7900GS (i want to change this to ATI Radeon HD4850 soon) and Patriot 4x1GB 800MHz. AFAIK there is always a problem with newest MSI motherboards and Mac OS X and I need modified BIOS. It will be great if anyone can modify this newest BIOS for this mobo which was released one day ago:

MSI P35 Platinum 1.9 BIOS

Thanks in advance.

:) I'm extreamly in trouble to installation, I already invest money on board, CPU, Ram or so.

Please help me to fix my problem about bios. I have tried every options to boot installation disk and done with 9 other x86osx versions.

Symtom : I cannot load installation even with lots of options and versions.

Motherboard : G31-M7 TE 6.X

CPU : E2180

VGA : 8600GT

RAM : PC6400 2GB

HDD : IDE 250G (SLAVE)

ODD : IDE COMBO(MASTER)

Would you please help me?

Please help me, I deeply appreciate for your kindness and warm.

Bios Link

- select G31CM519.BFS by right click to save file

http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en-us/mb/bios.php?S_ID=363

Can you at least boot with the cpus=1 flag? That's what this is meant to fix.

Can you at least boot with the cpus=1 flag? That's what this is meant to fix.

of course I tried such options, I think DTST Fix is not only fix the problems of CPUs.

I tried with this option advised by jaykk

-v -x -s debug=0x144 io=0xffffffff cpus=1

the result is these,

Thank you for your kind attention, result is these,

1. Leo4All v3

after edit bios option on USB controller to

finally installation boot displayed like these

Mac OS Version:

Not yet set

Kernel Version:

Darwin Kernel Version 9.1.0~~~~~

ethernet MAC address : 00:00:00:00:00:00:00

ip address: 0.0.0.0

Waiting for remote debugger connection.

kdp_poll:no debugger device

(Stopped on this status)

2. Kalyway 10.5.2

Mac OS Version:

Not yet set

Kernel Version:

Darwin Kernel Version 9.2.0~~~~~

(Stopped on this status)

(Stopped on this status)

if you getting no debugger device, I guess you can't use "debug=0x144 or io=0xffffffff" . Sorry to hear that my suggestions didn't work. I am new to hackintosh scene as well, have just 2 weeks experience.

Hi! I have an asus f3sv laptop with the bios 208 installed, I´ve downloaded the modified bios but the winflash application don´t let me flash with the new bios, because the date is the same. How can I Install the modified bios?

of course I tried such options, I think DTST Fix is not only fix the problems of CPUs.

I tried with this option advised by jaykk

-v -x -s debug=0x144 io=0xffffffff cpus=1

the result is these,

Thank you for your kind attention, result is these,

1. Leo4All v3

after edit bios option on USB controller to

finally installation boot displayed like these

Mac OS Version:

Not yet set

Kernel Version:

Darwin Kernel Version 9.1.0~~~~~

(Stopped on this status)

2. Kalyway 10.5.2

Mac OS Version:

Not yet set

Kernel Version:

Darwin Kernel Version 9.2.0~~~~~

(Stopped on this status)

I think you need to change some of your bios settings. Specifically the Execute disable bit, I'm fairly certain that's supposed to be enabled. May be other things as well, might want to search for proper bios settings.

The file you linked to is worthless, it's for windows only and has no ROM file. I had to search around the site to find the proper file. I modded the ROM according to David's guide and I'm almost certain it's done correctly. If anyone would like to check my work to make sure it's correct I have also included the original unmodified SingleLink.dat(as ASROCKSingleLink.dat) for comparison, as well as the MD5 hash of the modified bios file.

Again, I double checked and it looks correct to me. However, you may want to wait for someone more skilled to check it out before you go ahead with flashing to be safe...

hi! thanks for modifying the bios file. thanks also to kabyl for modifying the 1.30 version of this bios.

now the bad news, i still need to put a cpus=1 flag in order to boot. flashing on both version was successful by the way. but on both modified versions, i still need to put a cpus=1 flag in order to use leopard. is there any other setting in the bios that i should enable/disable?

specs:

intel e2160

asrock wolfdale 1333

40gb ide

2 gb ddr2 corsair

kalyway 10.5.2/ 10.5.3 combo update + 10.5.4 through apple (vanilla kernel)

thanks again for the effort!

hi! thanks for modifying the bios file. thanks also to kabyl for modifying the 1.30 version of this bios.

now the bad news, i still need to put a cpus=1 flag in order to boot. flashing on both version was successful by the way. but on both modified versions, i still need to put a cpus=1 flag in order to use leopard. is there any other setting in the bios that i should enable/disable?

specs:

intel e2160

asrock wolfdale 1333

40gb ide

2 gb ddr2 corsair

kalyway 10.5.2/ 10.5.3 combo update + 10.5.4 through apple (vanilla kernel)

thanks again for the effort!

Are you certain this is the correct bios for your motherboard? There's like 3 different versions called wolfdale1333, the one I made is for the wolfdale1333-D667 specifically.

Are you certain this is the correct bios for your motherboard? There's like 3 different versions called wolfdale1333, the one I made is for the wolfdale1333-D667 specifically.

yup. i finally got 2 cores working finally!

i enabled "no memory execute protection" and "acpi hpet"

disabled speedstep

thanks again!

HI sir Kabyl

can u help me out with my ECS G31-t motherboard

issues: can only boot by disabling APIC mode, or typing cpus=1

eitherway activity monitor only shows 1 cpu core

here's a DL link to the bios

http://ecsusa.com/ECSWebSite/Downloads/Dow...d=2&LanID=9

really appreciate your help

Done.

ECSG31_T_order2chaos.rar

Hey I just flashed my p35 Neo2-FR with the "7345v18_mod.by.Kabyl" BIOS and now it seems my CPU is hotter in XP.

With default BIOS it usually idles at around 35'c with medium fan speed.

Now with the modded BIOS it idles at about 45'c and even with full fan speed I can't get it below 40'c.

Could this be the new BIOS or is it just a coincidence and is caused by something else?

oh yeah, I have an E2160 CPU.

Thank you Kabyl

Finally, I changed my board and HDD,ODD to SATA.

Please ask to change my bios.

Bios :

http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Downloads...d=1&LanID=0

My motherboard is G33T-M2(V1.0). I try to use mod file posted on Kabyl Site.

But it crashed & I had to change my board, so please ask to mod my bios.

I can boot with -v cpus=1 option.

Thank you very much

hi kabyl,

unfortunately i cannot properly download (doesn't extract) the ECT G31T-M Bios file you wrote for Order2Chaos three posts above.

can you please help me with that?

cheers, i really appreciate your work!

Actually, I modified that bios and produced that file as with all of the files I post. I just downloaded it myself, it extracted fine with WinRAR and the MD5 for the bios matches. I archive all these files with winrar.

How are you trying to extract it? In windows or mac os? In both cases you need to download an archive program like winrar for windows or UnrarX for mac. The only archives that you can just double click are .zip archives.

Hello there bro Kabyl. My mobo is the Asrock 4CORE1600P35-WIFI P35 Socket 775 (please note its not the wifi+ version) VISTA and UBUNTU work fine on it, but I am trying to install All different versions of OSx86, but nothing is working for me. The furthest I went with Leo4AllV3 is complete installation and on startup it goes as far as….MAC Framework successfully initialized using 16384 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers….and it just stops there…forever……and this is only by initially typing f8, then -v-x-y cpus=1 before being allowed to install OSx86.

Does this mean I can only use 1 core out of the 4 available cores?

The rest of my system is as follows….

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5GHz 1333FSB 6MB L2 Cache

Zotac nVidia Geforce 8500GT 512MB DDR2 DVI VGA TV Out PCI-E

OCZ Stealth Xtream 500W PSU

2 x 2GB OCZ 1333MHz DDR3 RAM

Seagate ST3200827AS 200GB SATA 7200rpm

Seagate ST3500320AS 500GB Hard Drive SATA II 7200rpm 32MB Cache

Optiarc AD-7200S 20X DVD±RW/DL/RAM Internal SATA

Vista Ultimate 32: on Disk0 partition1 and MAC OS X Leopard: Leo4AllV3 on Disk1 partition1

Chipsets info: Intel® P35 + ICH9R Chipsets

Please modify the BIOS for me……here is the link….

http://www.asrock.com/mb/download.asp?Mode...T=B&ID=1650 (DOS update)

or

http://www.asrock.com/mb/download.asp?Mode...T=B&ID=1651 (Vista update)

I will let u know how it goes….once I have it of course

Thanks again and God Bless, keep up the outstanding work

Hi, first time time I'm posting

Anyway I own an asus x53 laptop, It has an F3sg motherboard. I've succesfully loaded your F3Sc209AS modded bios into it.

Apperently they have the same bios ID's

First it gave me a black screen at boot but I could hear everything working. So I flashed back my original bios and vga was back.

I used MMtools to look at the bios a bit closer. It turned out the device ID for vga in your bios was different. I changed the values of the bios module called PCI option rom and loaded into my x53. And hey presto had a picture.

Iatkos and kalyway 1.5.2 both booted. Something that was not possible before.

But now my video card (9300) isn't recognized any more in windows and the cpu speed get reported as 100mhz on first bootscreen and as 1200 in bios.

And I had a runtime error now and then in windows. OSX installed fine.

Apparently you changed something in the acpi tables. So I figured lets find that in the bios and replace that with you code.

So I found out that the acpi tables where in the bios modules called Single Link Arch Bios in MMtools.

But I could not write to that module. So I took your modded F3Sc209AS bios and replaced the modules that I could from the original bios.

Everthing seemed OK until I booted.

OOOops I now have a 699,- euro paperweight. :(

Anyway I sent the laptop to asus to be repaired. But now I would like to ask you if you can tell me how you modded the bios.

Maybe a little howto? Or if you don't have time for that would you consider modding the bios for me?

Because I know when I get my laptop back I'll probably try again ;):)

And my girlfriend would probably kill me :moil::)

You can find the bios here:

ftp://ftp.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/F3Sg/F3Sg305AS.zip

Tnx

Hello Mr. Kabyl.

I appreciate the work you do.The world would be a better place if there were more like you.

I have also a request for a modded BIOS.

Mobo: AsRock 4CORE1600 Twins P35

CPU : e2180

sata HDD and sata DVD-RW (because of the JMicron controller)

Problem: I can't even boot the DVD without the "cpus=1" flag excepting Kalyway 10.5.2, for Leo4All I need that flag and also for any Tiger distro.

Also for any Iatkos DVD(v1,v2,v3,4) it is impossible to boot I get an error,something like :Apple.com.<dunno> has dependencies on both apple.<smth> and <apple.kernel.<smth> (i don't remember the exact syntax).

Yesterday I downloaded from a bay an iso called "Leo4Allv4" , I checked the homepage, and the latest one is v3 but I gave it a shot and I could boot just with "-v" flag but after the installation i wasn't able to boot into OS X without "cpus=1" so it was something like a false alarm, just wanted to report this, maybe it helps somehow.

Link to BIOS: http://download.asrock.com/bios/775/4Core1...s-P35(1.40).zip

http://download.asrock.com/bios/775/4Core1...s-P35(1.40).zip

Note:A friend with the same mobo(but different cpu, think it was e4300) found a hacked BIOS on the internet,he couldn't remember where he got it from, but it didn't work.

Maybe there needs something else to be done for my configuration.

Is it possible to make a version that can be flashed from Windows? or do I have to buy a floppy disk drive?(wouldnt be that bad, if this would be the price for both cores working:D )

Thank you very much.

I apologize, I did not see "by Kabyl" only after i download the file. I will test your version also and let you know how it works. Thank you very much for your time and efforts.

CEALAPA did you test the MOD BIOS by Kabyl for Asrock 4CORE1600P35-WIFI+ or did you just use the one by DjNeo? My MOBO is the Asrock 4CORE1600P35-WIFI (please note its not the WIFI+ version like yours) I contacted ASROCK technical staff, who r kinda helpful and they told me that the BIOS for these two motherboards is the same. Any comments anyone? about the Asrock 4CORE1600P35-WIFI BIOS Modified by Kabyl? Thanx all

Peace out,

Moe