Modified BIOS to get all cores working

Kabyl

1,884 posts in this topic

For requests, I would like to see
  • a direct link to the BIOS file
  • your PC specs (CPU, Chipset and Graphics Card)
  • and a description of the issues, sometimes it's not from the BIOS.. :)

Hi Kabyl!

Can you try your magic on the MSI p31 NEO?

http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=do...mp;prod_no=1286

I have an Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 2.2Ghz, and a MSI NX8600GT with 512Mb as my graphic card.

Reading the forums I found a post that said that instalation was possible using the cpu=1 -v modifier.

Thanks a lot!

It seems you are the god of BIOS modding, I have a GA-X38T-DQ6 (rev1.0) and am only seeing 1 core of my E6850 (ICH9 chipset). Could you mod this http://europe.giga-byte.com/FileList/BIOS/...x38t-dq6_f6.exe for me? I have an XFX 8800GTX btw

(Btw I am running kalyway 10.5.2 perfect install - vanilla kernel)

Thanks

~EDIT~ mmm just tried cpus=1 at boot and frak me if it doesnt just work :blink: now if I can only figure how to change the cpus=x value on every boot I will be the happiest hackintosh bunny around........

Edited by CostaBunny

Kabyl:

Can you help me mod my BIOS? No matter what I do, I always get stuck at buffer count ("using 15728 buffers headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers") and it says something about apic use only one style when booting from the hard drive with a Kalyway 10.5.2 install. cpus=1 -x gives me the same thing. Here's the link: ftp://ftp.work.acer-euro.com/desktop/aspi...01-A3%20Win.zip . Specs are in my sig.

It seems that a lot of people are having this problem, so is it possible for you to write a tutorial or something teaching the rest of us how to mod our BIOSes so we don't have to always bother you? And is flashing the BIOS the only solution to this problem?

Wow... like every time I come back to this thread I see another handful of can you fix my Dell?

...The answer is NO..and the reason is simple, there are NO tools out there at the moment to do it! Want to change that?? Well start getting active in other forums where A LOT of people modify BIOS, ask around and keep an eye out for new tools.

Better yet track down some Dell Engineers and have a chat or email them a request to either modify the DSDT table for you by taking out the alias line (if that is all it is) or by (and less likely) just giving you the developers tools that they use to make and modify BIOS and decrypt and encrypt them. Until this happens stop asking... this thread has enough people asking the same questions. And this has been explained already in pretty much the same amount of detail.

Hope you get the DSDT kext fix working soon Kabyl.. these Dell boys are getting restless for it :) and I am sure all these other notebooks are keeping you busy.

Wow... like every time I come back to this thread I see another handful of can you fix my Dell?

...The answer is NO..and the reason is simple, there are NO tools out there at the moment to do it! Want to change that?? Well start getting active in other forums where A LOT of people modify BIOS, ask around and keep an eye out for new tools.

Better yet track down some Dell Engineers and have a chat or email them a request to either modify the DSDT table for you by taking out the alias line (if that is all it is) or by (and less likely) just giving you the developers tools that they use to make and modify BIOS and decrypt and encrypt them. Until this happens stop asking... this thread has enough people asking the same questions. And this has been explained already in pretty much the same amount of detail.

Hope you get the DSDT kext fix working soon Kabyl.. these Dell boys are getting restless for it :tomato: and I am sure all these other notebooks are keeping you busy.

Well, it's not about the tools, it's that I didn't find the _cause_ of the issue.. and I wonder why people don't read at least the first post.

I modified most of the BIOSes posted in the last 3 pages, and found that I've already did some of them (lazy people are wasting my time), so I decided to make things more organized by keeping the files in one place.. I will post a link once it's done.

I modified most of the BIOSes posted in the last 3 pages, and found that I've already did some of them (lazy people are wasting my time), so I decided to make things more organized by keeping the files in one place.. I will post a link once it's done.

hope this isn't about me cause i scaned every page of tread. and read first post.

but i don't andurstand where should i fix this part of code... and whats why i'm asking u.

TY for attention (sorry for my bad english)

Hello! i can only boot with one core,

Asrock ConRoe1333-D667 R3.0

LGA 775

2,6 Ghz Intel core 2 duo

4 Gb 667 ram

Kalyway 10.5.1 +10.5.2 update

BIOS Version: 1.3

I tried "Modified BIOS Version: 1.80" but it didnt even boot..

http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Mode...333-D667%20R3.0 (spec)

http://www.asrock.com/mb/from.asp?Model=Co...T=B&ID=1572 (bios)

Well, I guess the title says it all, after spending a lot of time reading Documentations, Specifications, Forums.. and hunting for testers :D , I finally got tehmachacker (thank you) to test a modified BIOS, and as expected, it worked.

This is the issue that intends this mod to fix:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=78235

Basically, what I'm doing is modifying and fixing errors in the DSDT; removing aliases for the "processor" devices, because the ACPIPlatform kext doesn't like them and treat them as other CPUs.. (it's written for Macs, and Apple doesn't use that in their Firmware's ACPI Tables, actually I don't see why we need them, well..)

I for example change this:

Scope (_PR)
		   {
			   Processor (P001, 0x01, 0x00000810, 0x06) {}
			   Alias (P001, CPU1)
		   }

into:

Scope (_PR)
		   {
			   Processor (P001, 0x01, 0x00000810, 0x06) {}
		   }

Sometimes I have to fix more stuff.. you should know that when you try to compile your DSDT.

So if you want to get a fixed BIOS, you can PM me post your request here, included with:

• a direct link to the BIOS file,
  • your PC specs (CPU, Chipset and Graphics Card),
  • and a description of the issues.

Don't PM me with requests, post them in this thread.

I will try to make a repository if I get more fixed BIOSes, so that other people will benefit from it.

Keep in mind that I take no responsibility for a bad flash or if anything goes wrong..

NOTE: About Dell laptops, I'm still trying to find the cause of the issues, so if anyone has any suggestions, you're welcome ;) .

i have asus p5wdh deluxe with q6600 how do i get all four cores working

Got my q6600 desktop running, been lurking around looking for a Dell fix :P. Read every post, so I know what it entails, and that no one quite know's the Dell problem *yet*. Just for future reference, I have an e1505 and 6400 inspiron, with GMA950 and Nvidia 7300. One has a Core Duo, the other is Core 2 Duo.

My hat is off to you Kabyl! Even I was able to notice the multiple requests by people that haven't looked through the whole thread, and ask for the same board bios mods.

EDIT: Does this link help you at all? It's for Linux DSDT/ACPI problems related to the e1505 and 6400 Dell inspirons.

e1505

http://acpi.sourceforge.net/dsdt/view.php?id=949

http://acpi.sourceforge.net/dsdt/view.php?id=800

(different BIOS revisions I guess).

So from what I understand, it is impossible for Dell laptop users to run with the two cores? (currently running on XPS m1710)

Sorry to ask, I've been in the hackintosh scene for only a week.

I've been able to install Kalyway 10.5.2 but only if I put the cpus=1 fix option.

Thanks for the further explaining.

Just install on Asus F3Jr and no problem, all work like a charme With Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd.

Just no drivers for audio, Wifi.

USB, HDD, DVDRW, Network, Screen OK.

But video Res is fix to 1024x768.

I seek long time on forum and try many solutions and Edit for Radeon Drivers X2300, but fails. Radeon X100 work fine with openGL but at only 1024x768. Wait and see for a Drivers.

Also with no Wifi, no live for my notebook.

Just can't get the Full candy, but the computer is Fast, lightning fast with only 2 Go RAM.

Thank's for this Forum, i learn a lot with you gars.

Memno.