Modified BIOS to get all cores working

Kabyl

1,884 posts in this topic

Kabyl .. youd better take the f3jc one from that site cause it killed my laptop. Its already getting fixed so I'll probably be OK but just to make sure others dont get... harmed :thumbsup_anim:.

Thanks for your attempts!

Kabyl .. youd better take the f3jc one from that site cause it killed my laptop. Its already getting fixed so I'll probably be OK but just to make sure others dont get... harmed :P.

I think there are a lot of differente f3jc laptops, each one with different video bios (which usually is contained in the main bios file), so that's probably why it killed your laptop.

The file you linked to is worthless, it's for windows only and has no ROM file. I had to search around the site to find the proper file. I modded the ROM according to David's guide and I'm almost certain it's done correctly. If anyone would like to check my work to make sure it's correct I have also included the original unmodified SingleLink.dat(as ASROCKSingleLink.dat) for comparison, as well as the MD5 hash of the modified bios file.

Again, I double checked and it looks correct to me. However, you may want to wait for someone more skilled to check it out before you go ahead with flashing to be safe...

Hi Order2Chaos,

Sorry, i`m new to mac

i will check ur mod bios.

tnx ;)

Kabyl .. youd better take the f3jc one from that site cause it killed my laptop. Its already getting fixed so I'll probably be OK but just to make sure others dont get... harmed :P .

sorry to hear that, the link is broken now :(

I will try to check that one again..

Thx to david_tsu guide i got finally my bios modded for working osx leopard on 2 cores

its only the dos version but it shouldn't be a problem booting with an old win98 disk or bootcd for dos into dos and start the flashing process using: "afudos P35P130M" (without "quotes")

The bios is for the ASROCK 4Core1600P35-WiFi+ - dont know if it works for the without WIFI version... but the only difference between the WIFI+ and the standart boxed version is that the standart boxed version is dilivered without the wificard for the mini slot on the board... so it should theoretically work. if someone tests it please let the others know if it works.

reports, thx, greatings are always welcome, so... dont hacitade :blink:

have fun with 2 cores

DJnEO

DISCLAIMER: i give no warrenty for misflashed boards or everything else. try it on your own risk!

Tested&confirmed, it works with with quad core also, on an ASROCK 4Core1600P35-WiFi+. which, by the way, has 2 firewire ports, unlike the 4Core1600P35-WiFi.

Kabyl, is the version on your site the same one as the version posted here by DjNeo?

Tested&confirmed, it works with with quad core also, on an ASROCK 4Core1600P35-WiFi+. which, by the way, has 2 firewire ports, unlike the 4Core1600P35-WiFi.

Kabyl, is the version on your site the same one as the version posted here by DjNeo?

If you mean the BIOS version,then it clearly says 1.30, if you mean the mod, then no, the one posted on my site also clearly says by Kabyl :blink:

I flashed my bios, now i dont get that error, but now it gives me apple logo and it just reboots over and over.thanks,joshOK, well i got it working with -v cpus=1, but do i have to do that every start or was that the only time i need to ?Also, audio works, usb works, but firewire and ethernet do not. Where do i go for that?Thanks a lot by the way... i thought I would never get past the error.Thanks,josh

@:Order2Chaos

well, I flashed bios successfully, and install MAC Kalyway 10.5.2, i got hfs+partition error

when i boot with cd by pressing F8 mac boot up and works.

Model Name: Mac Pro

Model Identifier: MacPro3,1

Processor Speed: 3.2 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 1

L2 Cache: 512 KB <<<my L2 Cache 4MB

Memory: 2.0 GB

Bus Speed: 800 MHz

and i have SB live! 5.1, Twinhan express & on board audio don`t work.

This computer does not appear to have any PCI cards installed.

any help?

Sorry, my english lol :D

If you mean the BIOS version,then it clearly says 1.30, if you mean the mod, then no, the one posted on my site also clearly says by Kabyl :D

I apologize, I did not see "by Kabyl" only after i download the file. I will test your version also and let you know how it works. Thank you very much for your time and efforts.

@:Order2Chaos

well, I flashed bios successfully, and install MAC Kalyway 10.5.2, i got hfs+partition error

when i boot with cd by pressing F8 mac boot up and works.

and i have SB live! 5.1, Twinhan express & on board audio don`t work.

any help?

Sorry, my english lol :wacko:

I'm glad the bios worked for you. What kind of CPU do you have? Were you having the problem of Having to boot with the cpus=1 flag? Because that's what the modded bios is supposed to fix.

About the audio card, I don't think the sound blaster cards will work; I'd say you should try patching the on board ALC662.

Try patching the audio with this program, drag the codec dump txt file onto the frog face: AppleHDAPatcherv1.20

CODEC Dump: ALC662 Dump (Right click, save as)

Hey,

Would you do that to my bios too? It can only load OS X while using old ACPI kexts and the infamous "cpus=1" flag.

It's Twinhead J12S.

CPU: Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T7300 2 GHz

Chipset: Mobile Intel® PM965 Express Chipset +ICH8M

Graphics: Intel X3100

After reading the instructions I tried doing it myself but apparently it has too many errors (167 to be exact) and I don't seem to find them on google.

j12s.rar

I'm glad the bios worked for you. What kind of CPU do you have? Were you having the problem of Having to boot with the cpus=1 flag? Because that's what the modded bios is supposed to fix.

About the audio card, I don't think the sound blaster cards will work; I'd say you should try patching the on board ALC662.

Try patching the audio with this program, drag the codec dump txt file onto the frog face: AppleHDAPatcherv1.20

CODEC Dump: ALC662 Dump (Right click, save as)

Good day,

yepp, it`s working now hehehe

but still have problem with sat card; any Dvb for mac?

tnx :(

Hi Kabyl!!!

First of all, very nice work you're doing...

I have a hp nc6320 laptop and i have installed a Leopard 10.5.2 on it but only works if I disable the dual core option in the BIOS or boot flag cpu=1

Here is the link to the BIOS ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp38501-39000/sp38743.exe

The nc6320 has a t5600 core 2 duo processor and a Intel GM945 Express Chipset.

could you mod the BIOS o tell me how should i do it??

Thank you so much in advance.

I've attached below the modified bios for the MSI P31 Neo-F (MS-7392), it's the latest V1.2 from MSI. I've also included the MD5 checksum of the bios in the txt file, might be a good idea to make sure they match.

Should work fine; however, I would suggest creating a recovery disk just in case something goes wrong. See THIS post for instructions. The original unmodified bios is linked to above.

7392v12_order2chaos.rar

hi all,

i was wondering, has anyone ever modded a bios for that guy who wrote the how to that is referred to in the first post? i think i have the same notebook as him, or one from the same series and possibly the same bios. if i remember correctly, someone else has also asked for a mod for that in this topic, though i couldn't find that post right now.

i have tried to go by the how to that was posted a couple of pages back, but eventually got scared as nothing i did looked anything like what was described in the how to (e.g. could only find one instance of dsdt instead of two and none of the supposed end point...), so i decided not to risk killing my fine notebook (and having to say, yea, it was all my fault, not somebody else's) and seek for help/advice here.

the issues i'm getting are pretty much the same as in the guy's how to. have leo4allv3 running with old acpiplatform, have to boot with cpus=1 etc etc.

so, if that bios has been modded already, i'm just too stupid to find it and someone please point me in the right direction, eh?

if not, my lack of knowledge forbids i try again mod it on my own, but if anyone feels the need to help me (and some of the others with the same notebook),

then here's the link to the bios again

thanks for reading through my whining!

...and for maybe modding the bios :D

Kabyl, can you please mod my BIOS? (msi p6ngm) (It's on page 25.) The problem I have is here

I've tried pretty much anything but editing the bios, but I'm afraid I can mess it up myself; Can you please do it?

OK,

Ethernet, usb and audio all work now except firewire.

My main issue is that, even though i updated the bios with this one, i have to still type cpus=1 everyboot. I was hopeing that both cores would be noticed, especially since its an intel core2 duo. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,

Josh

Kabyl,

I have an HP Pavilion Elite d5000t ATX CTO Desktop PC, which uses Asus IPIBL-TX ( Q9300 , GeForce 9300). I had the same dreaded ""using xxx buffer headers and xxx cluster IO buffer headers". But after extensive research, I finally got it working, but with one cpu( cpus=1). It will be great if you can modify this bios to use all cores:

HP Pavilion Elite D5000T BIOS

Asus IPIBL-TX / Burbank-GL8E Mother board specs

Thanks in advance.

Anyone else using the modded BIOS for the MSI boards having problems overclocking? It's horsed my overclock so that I can only run 2.60GHz stable down from an easy 3GHz with an e4400 (stock speed 2GHz).

Anyone care to test this?

I know this was ages ago but...

Evidently, I actually used the wrong modded BIOS! Lucky I didn't hose my mobo tbh. Anyone else with an MSI P35 Neo-FR make sure you are using the 1.80 version as opposed to the 1.70 version I initially used.

Everything works a treat now, thank Kabyl you effing GENIUS!

Kabyl,

I have an HP Pavilion Elite d5000t ATX CTO Desktop PC, which uses Asus IPIBL-TX ( Q9300 , GeForce 9300). I had the same dreaded ""using xxx buffer headers and xxx cluster IO buffer headers". But after extensive research, I finally got it working, but with one cpu( cpus=1). It will be great if you can modify this bios to use all cores:

HP Pavilion Elite D5000T BIOS

Asus IPIBL-TX / Burbank-GL8E Mother board specs

Thanks in advance.

Done.

HP_Pavilion_D5000T_order2chaos.rar

I am Running an ASUS DSEB-DG mobo with

-two 5460 3.0ghz quad core Xeons

-Nvidia Quadro fx3500

-8gb Crucial ddr2 800

I have four hackntosh running and I have built over 10 other hackntoshs, buy my problem only seems to happen on boards with Xeon procs. I boot the DVD, iATKOS, Kalyway, etc.... and it always hangs after the message:

---------------------------

BSD process name corroesonding to current threa: kernel_task

Mac OS version:

Not yet set

Kernel version:

Darwin Kernel Version 9.2.0: Sun Mar 2 00:11:08 SCT 2008: made by ToH:xnu-1228/Build/obj/RELEASE_I386

----------------------------

I Have tried installing your modified BIOS, all went well with that. I went from BIOS 1006 to 1003, but it was worth the downgrade if everything worked afterwards. I have been trying to get this system to run OS X for a long time now and I am at a loss of what to do. Please any help would be great.

-Brock

Done.

Wow, it worked. I can't thank you enough. The community has been great, without which I don't have a fully working (except LAN , which is obvious) hackintosh from a locked-down bios. This BIOS have no setting for ACPI etc.

All four cores are now showing in Activity Monitor / System profiler. Xbench didn't show much improvement, I guess it is not multi-core aware.

Edit : Geekbench score(32-bit): 5251 vs 2574.

Order2Chaos , once again, thank you.

- Jay

hi my english is not so good but i think that you understant.

I have a LGSP23P and i could get almost all working in my hackingtosh. What still not work is the wifi intel 3945 and the processor.

My processor is a Intel T7500 and with 2 cores it doesn't work.

There are any solution for that?

tks guys