Modified BIOS to get all cores working

Kabyl

1,884 posts in this topic

Hi all!

I had tried to mod my bios, but i'm not sure how to. So please do it for me...

Bios file: http://dlsvr04.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/M51Se/M51SE204AS.zip

Asus notebook M51SE

Intel Core2Duo T8100

I think chipset is Mobile Intel® PM965 Express Chipset +ICH8M

And Graphic card Ati HD 3470

I installed Leo4all v3 and the only problem is the cpus=1 (bios will fix it) and ACPI v1.0.3 (because with newer acpi it hangs I dont know why, so if you have some idea to make it work properly...). Another problem is that no ati hd 3470 driver available... where i can get that? and for Intel wireless 4965?

Thanks 4 all!!!

Hi all!

I had tried to mod my bios, but i'm not sure how to. So please do it for me...

Bios file: http://dlsvr04.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/M51Se/M51SE204AS.zip

Asus notebook M51SE

Intel Core2Duo T8100

I think chipset is Mobile Intel® PM965 Express Chipset +ICH8M

And Graphic card Ati HD 3470

I installed Leo4all v3 and the only problem is the cpus=1 (bios will fix it) and ACPI v1.0.3 (because with newer acpi it hangs I dont know why, so if you have some idea to make it work properly...). Another problem is that no ati hd 3470 driver available... where i can get that? and for Intel wireless 4965?

Thanks 4 all!!!

Hi, I've modded your bios. This is my first try using david's guide. I couldn't follow it exactly as the dsdt table end point wasn't the one he pointed, but it seems once you locate the beggining the acpl compiler tells you which must be the correct size, so I used that data instead to know how much should I extract.

Apart from that, I had to replace all _T_0 and _T_1, and delete some commands between if's which expected the aliases to be present:

mydsdt.dsl 8770: Notify (\_PR.CPU2, 0x81)

Error 1061 - Object does not exist ^ (\_PR.CPU2)

After all that I checked everything had exactly the same size and was in the same position and replaced the file in the original rom, so here is it: M51SEAS_M.rar

I believe it should work. But I probably woulnd't try it without a method to recover the default bios in case something goes wrong.

About your VGA and WIFI...you really should have taken that in mind when you bought your notebook if you planned to use OS X. Ati HD cards are not compatible at the moment, and it doesn't seem they are gonna be in short. Wifi is also incompatible, and there are not drivers at the moment (probably there never will). Luckly you probably can swap your intel wifi by a dell 1390 / 1490 and get wifi out of the box (as long as your pci bus in working properly, otherwise you would need a patched ApplePCI kext).

EDIT:

Recovery procedures for AMI BIOS

1. Download the latest version or your choose version of BIOS file for your computer or motherboard from the manufacturer’s support site.

2. Rename the downloaded file to AMIBOOT.ROM.

3. Copy the file to a floppy disk.

4. Insert the floppy disk to the floppy drive.

5. Turn on the system.

6. The system should automatically access the floppy drive (indicated LED will light up). If no floppy access occurs press and hold Ctrl-Home to force update. Follow any on screen instruction to restore and recover the good BIOS from the floppy disk.

7. When 4 beeps are heard or a reboot prompt you may remove the floppy disk.

8. Restart the computer.

Could someone patch the Bios for the Asus P5Q-E please?

Same problem as BiTRiP but slightly different motherboard. Using 16384 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers when trying to boot up.

System Specs:

E8200

P5Q-E

4GB DDR2 1066

2 HDDs

DVD-RW

Geforce 8800GT 512mb

BIOS file here

Thanks!! ;)

Hi

I have a question about modifying bios, in my notebook there's a problem with compatibility about ram and VGA.

For example, if a want to install windows xp i can't install vga drivers because theres a conflict with +2GB RAM, but if I have only 2GB it can recognize the vga. The same problem in linux and maybe in mac os x.

So I want to know where is the code to study it in the bios. the problem is with PM965 PCI Express Root Port - 2A01

To know more about the problem:

http://www.driverheaven.net/driverheaven-t...1se-ap042c.html

http://forum.notebookreview.com/archive/in...p/t-144143.html

My Specs:

Asus notebook M51SE

T8100 c2d

VGA Ati hd3470

4 GB ram

and bios here: http://dlsvr04.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/M51Se/M51SE204AS.zip

So any idea to hack the code and make it work?

Thanks 4 all

Does anyone know if the bios for an ASRock 4Core1600Twins-P35 has been corrected? Either version 1.3 or 1.4.

Before I try this myself, just wondering if someone has already done this.

thanks

I see this morning Kabyl, has on his site a bios that has been corrected for this motherboard.

Thanks Kabyl, much appreciated.

Hi

I have a question about modifying bios, in my notebook there's a problem with compatibility about ram and VGA.

For example, if a want to install windows xp i can't install vga drivers because theres a conflict with +2GB RAM, but if I have only 2GB it can recognize the vga. The same problem in linux and maybe in mac os x.

So I want to know where is the code to study it in the bios. the problem is with PM965 PCI Express Root Port - 2A01

To know more about the problem:

http://www.driverheaven.net/driverheaven-t...1se-ap042c.html

http://forum.notebookreview.com/archive/in...p/t-144143.html

My Specs:

Asus notebook M51SE

T8100 c2d

VGA Ati hd3470

4 GB ram

and bios here: http://dlsvr04.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/M51Se/M51SE204AS.zip

So any idea to hack the code and make it work?

Thanks 4 all

Did you try the bios I posted a couple of messages back?

Vood, yes I tried your modded Bios and it fixed my problem of "cpus=1" in mac os x 10.5.2, but the 2nd problem i had explain is another, something wrong with +2 GB ram and 965 chipset and VGA (in the links there's a little explanation)

Will you please mod my BIOS too?

I have written about it there:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...505&st=480#

your board really works just fine, and you didn't post your issues.. I can't reply to each single post like yours, you should have done some research too no? :rolleyes:

I try to mod as much as I can, so please be patient.. I ignore (or delete in my site comments/replies) if the BIOS is already done, or if I find that it doesn't need a mod (like the About this Mac not showing your CPU correctly, or System Profiler or whatever) if OS X starts fine without any old ACPI kext or cpus=1, it likely doesn't need a mod (sometimes some devices don't work well and need a mod though)

nyugdijass: please post about your issues.. ;) this post isn't just for you, but for many others..

-Kabyl

your board really works just fine, and you didn't post your issues.. I can't reply to each single post like yours, you should have done some research too no? B)

I try to mod as much as I can, so please be patient.. I ignore (or delete in my site comments/replies) if the BIOS is already done, or if I find that it doesn't need a mod (like the About this Mac not showing your CPU correctly, or System Profiler or whatever) if OS X starts fine without any old ACPI kext or cpus=1, it likely doesn't need a mod (sometimes some devices don't work well and need a mod though)

nyugdijass: please post about your issues.. :) this post isn't just for you, but for many others..

-Kabyl

Really sorry for it..

I think party this is because my poor english. Please excuse me for this ...

I can really understand what you say, because I feel all the same many times a day in hardware, and overclocking topics in one forum in my country. But in this hackintish thing im very new at this time :)

So, my issues are in system profiler there is:

Model Name: Mac

Model Identifier: P5K Premium

Processor Speed: 4 GHz

Number Of Processors: 0

Total Number Of Cores: 1

L2 Cache: 6 MB

Memory: 8 GB

Bus Speed: 450 MHz

My CPU is an intel E8400

About this MAC:

Processor 4GHz Unknown

If there is no overclock the situation doesnt change.

And in Activity Monitor there arent shown bith cores too...

So, thank you very much if you can give any idea or help about this.

Hi Kabyl,

Please help for my new Asus F8Sg Notebook.

BIOS link: http://dlsvr04.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/F3Sg/F8SNG303AS.zip

CPU: Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T8300 2.4 GHz

Chipset: Mobile Intel® PM965 Express Chipset +ICH8M

Video Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® 9300M G, External 256MB VRAM

Issues: Non-stop reboot and can't see Apple Logo by booting up Kalyway, Jas, iATKOS DVD. Complained with ACPI problem.

Please help! :(

F8SNG303AS.zip

Ok kabyl did my bios for the Lenovo Y510, everything is working great except that my bios will not accept any wireless mini pci e cards besides the 3945ABG and 4965AGN. I get an error : "Unsupported Wireless Device.. system halted" if i use my dell 1390 or a Atheros AR5BXB6.

can kabyl or someone mod it so that it accepts any wireless card =) thanks.

06CN29WW_mod.by.Kabyl.zip

i have an ASUS X52SV notebook which says it uses the F3Sv motherboard. would i be able to flash it with the modified F3Sv 208 BIOS so that I could get both cores working? ASUS don't have any BIOS (or drivers) on their site for the X52 at all! cheers.

many thanks for the previous bios mod for my Asus VX3, asus updated the bios. Wondering if you have time to update the fix on the latest release.

Thanks in advance.

java script:downloadfile(this,'VX3','nb%2fVX3%2fVX3203AS.zip','3','76','0','5','VX3203AS.zip') is all I could get from the ASUS site.

hi ,

hope you mod this please :

Wolfdale1333-D667(1.50)

tnx :D

The file you linked to is worthless, it's for windows only and has no ROM file. I had to search around the site to find the proper file. I modded the ROM according to David's guide and I'm almost certain it's done correctly. If anyone would like to check my work to make sure it's correct I have also included the original unmodified SingleLink.dat(as ASROCKSingleLink.dat) for comparison, as well as the MD5 hash of the modified bios file.

Again, I double checked and it looks correct to me. However, you may want to wait for someone more skilled to check it out before you go ahead with flashing to be safe...

Wolfdale1333_D667_1.50_MOD_Order2Chaos.rar