Modified BIOS to get all cores working

Kabyl

1,884 posts in this topic

well, I had to use your settings thedood, but it boots now.

well, gets past the stage where it would stop before anyway...

now it goes into a loop of found a transaction which hasnt moved in 5 seconds on bus 0xfd

no one knows anything about this error do they? :whistle:

i get it with the dvd aswell

Modified BIOS: "success" then flashing cursor on reboot?

QUOTE(hacman @ Apr 7 2008, 05:07 PM) post_snapback.gifAsus U1E fix please?

Latest BIOS downloadable from http://dlsvr01.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/U1E/U1E203AS.zip

Kabyl, you are providing a sterling service, let me add my praise to that of everyone else and say a big thank you very much for your excellent work!

http://rapidshare.com/files/105762234/U1E203AS_mod.zip.html

Thanks hugely for the speedy turnaround, Kabyl :unsure:

I have flashed the laptop with the modified BIOS; that went fine and I went back to trying to install from 1) iATKOS 1.0ir2 with the EqUaTe1 patch, 2) iATKOS 1.0ir2 with the EqUaTe1 patch and the BADBIOS patch and 3) Kalyway 10.5.1i, all of which had failed before on my Asus U1E (the only one of which had worked was Leo4Allv2, but with virtually no hardware components working and a screen resolution of 1024x768 instead of 1366x768).

All three distros now reported no ACPI errors on startup (hurrah!), and all the installations went through OK, each one giving me the big green blob of "installation successful". However, on rebooting, each of these three immediately hangs with a flashing cursor and a lit up hard disc light, not even displaying the Darwin bootloader message, whereas all three had done so before (I have tried all permutations of both x86 and EFI bootloaders, whatever was offered). The only way out is to reinstall Leo4Allv2, which again works, but not with enough hardware support to be satisfactory. Windows XP still works fine - identical before and after installation of the modified BIOS.

Does anyone have any ideas? My apologies if I am posting in the wrong place, but this is related to the updated BIOS (and thanks again, man, for providing such a great service to us all).

Thanks in advance

Hey lioudow... Odd that you'd still have to do the cpus=1... firstly, did the flash go ok, ie, did it say it a)backed up your original bios B) erase your bios c) copied the new bios.... then did it say it was ok to reboot the machine.

If this is the case, then the bios settings i used, well, the ones that were relevent,

MPS table version [1.4]

IOAPIC [Enabled]

ACPI [s3]

HPET [Enabled]

EIST [Disabled]

Execute Bit [Enabled]

That should hopefully sort it ;)

As I tried to make it boot with 2 cpus yesterday, i totally shot my hackinstosh ...

But i reinstalled it (without cpus=1 to launch DVD), recovered all the lost data, ut still had to boot with cpus=1 even if the DVD was booting without that option.

But with your bios settings, my 2 cores are now running !

ACPI mode was S1,

execute bit was disabled

I think that these are the only differences, if it can help...

Thanks a lot, i'll try to keep my current hackintosh more than a month this time ;)

Hey Starblob, sounds to me like a device has stalled or something silly... Try disconnecting all USB devices from your machine and boot again, see if you still get the same issue.

Also, make sure you have legacy support for USB turned on in the BIOS, I don't think MSI word it like that (they would be awkward) but it's something along those lines.

It's definetly a big step closer to getting it working though B)

Keep hacking at it and you'll get there.

Not sure if it's much help, but it looks like the genuine mac users are having similar problems. Your not using an external USB hub by any chance?

Hey Starblob, sounds to me like a device has stalled or something silly... Try disconnecting all USB devices from your machine and boot again, see if you still get the same issue.

Also, make sure you have legacy support for USB turned on in the BIOS, I don't think MSI word it like that (they would be awkward) but it's something along those lines.

It's definetly a big step closer to getting it working though B)

Keep hacking at it and you'll get there.

Not sure if it's much help, but it looks like the genuine mac users are having similar problems. Your not using an external USB hub by any chance?

yeah, sure am...unfortunately its got OS X installed on it ;)

I get the feeling it is that as its been playing up a bit lately...but until IDE works on it im going to have to keep using it.

The only other USB device is the keyboard and mouse, which ive tried unplugging straight after pressing enter.

this is LAMEEE. but yeah, definitely a step closer. its annoying as ive had it working before though

yeah, sure am...unfortunately its got OS X installed on it ;)

I get the feeling it is that as its been playing up a bit lately...but until IDE works on it im going to have to keep using it.

The only other USB device is the keyboard and mouse, which ive tried unplugging straight after pressing enter.

this is LAMEEE. but yeah, definitely a step closer. its annoying as ive had it working before though

Hey man, just a suggestion, why don't you pick up an IDE to SATA adapter, you can get them for about a tenner at maplins. That'll sort it out as the ICH9 sata controller is pretty much spot on for osx.

Worth a shot anyway B)

Hey man, just a suggestion, why don't you pick up an IDE to SATA adapter, you can get them for about a tenner at maplins. That'll sort it out as the ICH9 sata controller is pretty much spot on for osx.

Worth a shot anyway B)

ive come up with a better one...I'll move about 80gigs of stuff from one of my sata drives, put that onto the ide, then with the free space on teh sata, create a new partition, and try installing it on that...hope this works

ive come up with a better one...I'll move about 80gigs of stuff from one of my sata drives, put that onto the ide, then with the free space on teh sata, create a new partition, and try installing it on that...hope this works

Good idea mate, let me know how you get on with it B)

Hi Elkay,

Dell BIOSes are customized (I think they use _customized_ Phoenix BIOSes), I don't know of any tools to edit them..

And yes, it's not the same issue, but could also be in the ACPI Tables (I hope).

Check the first post..

I have written a kext that will "Inject" the DSDT without needing to mod the BIOS, so this should work for more people (with _less_ risk). Currently, it's functional (at least for me), will do more testing and will release it when it's ready ;)

Maybe this thread can be of help on understanding the Dell Dual core Issue?

http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,43.0.html

I'm no expert but I have a Dell Latitude D820 and would like two cores badly!

thanks!!

Rob

Hi Everybody!

I am new to OSX86, so be patient with me. :D

I have one Desktop with an ASROCK Conroe 1333 motherboard with BIOS version 1.30.

I installed Kalyway 10.5.2 and everything works great. The cpu now installed is a Core 2 Duo E4500 and works fine.

The problem is that I have another CPU, Core 2 Duo E8200, which also works but it's not correctly detected by the motherboard, unless I update the BIOS to version 1.80.

When I update the BIOS to 1.80, the CPU is correctly detected by the motherboard, but OSX hangs at the apple Logo.

Is there a way to fix this?

I read in a few forums that Kabyl is making a few miracles. Would he be capable of doing another one? :P

Thanks in advance for your help...

Nuno Ferreira

nmgferreira@iol.pt

numagf@gmail.com

everytime i try to install tiger or leopard i get (unable to find drivers for this platform acpi) i have try with platform=acpi , and doesn't work

my motherboard version is MS-6577 ver 4.1

motherboard link -------> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...4182&dlc=en

bios link -------> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar...182&lang=en

if it is impossible to overcome that please tell me, so i don't waste more time with this motherboard

thank you

The DSDT looks fine, maybe because it's an old board..

hey kabyl can you please try this bios for HP 530 please? i would definately love to work my machine with both cores

sp38863.exe

thanks in advance dude

No tools to mod it, wait for the kext..

Hi Could you mod Gigabyte EP35-DS3R one please?

link is here

http://download.jchyun.com:8080/UploadModu...3r_f3b_beta.exe

Thanks in advance!!

I think that one should work just fine, if not a description of the issue is needed.

This is very cool. One core has been bugging me for a while, but one core in OSX is better than two in Vista. :) I have a F8sv-b1 laptop...would you please mod my bios at the link below? Both links are the same..thanks so much!!

Asus F8SV-B1 Bios Download

http://dlsvr03.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/F8Sv/F8SV300AS.zip

It's already done, check your Inbox.

Hi Everybody!

I am new to OSX86, so be patient with me. :D

I have one Desktop with an ASROCK Conroe 1333 motherboard with BIOS version 1.30.

I installed Kalyway 10.5.2 and everything works great. The cpu now installed is a Core 2 Duo E4500 and works fine.

The problem is that I have another CPU, Core 2 Duo E8200, which also works but it's not correctly detected by the motherboard, unless I update the BIOS to version 1.80.

When I update the BIOS to 1.80, the CPU is correctly detected by the motherboard, but OSX hangs at the apple Logo.

Is there a way to fix this?

I read in a few forums that Kabyl is making a few miracles. Would he be capable of doing another one? ;)

Thanks in advance for your help...

Nuno Ferreira

nmgferreira@iol.pt

numagf@gmail.com

A link to the BIOS file..

any updates for dell people? :)

Still trying..

Thanks for doing this, it's very much appreciated.

Do you mind modding the bios for the Asus P5K-E? I am going to try to install mac os on this in the near future.

http://dlsvr01.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socket...-E/P5KE1012.zip

take care.

This one works just fine, you should try first ;)

P.S.:

For requests, I would like to see

• a direct link to the BIOS file
  • your PC specs (CPU, Chipset and Graphics Card)
  • and a description of the issues, sometimes it's not from the BIOS.. :wacko:

INCLUDED.

Don't PM me with requests, post them in this thread.

i need asus a8sr(a8h233sr) bios !!!thank you,brother.....Hi Kabyl :i need asus notebook a8h233sr bios and asus motherboard k8n-e bios,plase !!!!!i am waiting on the line!!!!!

Sorry, but you have to wait forever.. if you can't read one post just above yours.

QUOTE(spikegotti @ Apr 12 2008, 02:48 PM)

hey kabyl can you please try this bios for HP 530 please? i would definately love to work my machine with both cores

sp38863.exe

thanks in advance dude

No tools to mod it, wait for the kext..

thanks for everything dude, i will wait :)

believe that i found out a dude in my country is selling macbooks pro for $2495 barbados currency (divide it in half for US currency) two weeks after i bought a new hp laptop. man i could cry now lol

Hi :)

I would like to know if you could do the same for my bios, Acer Aspire 5520G: this is the link for the original bios : ftp://ftp.work.acer-euro.com/notebook/asp.../Bios/v1.32.zip

For the full specs, i have a AMD Turion 64x2 TL-58 1,9Ghz, a nvidia 8600M GS 512VRAM.

For the issue, it blocks at the load of firsts HFS+ Files... with Leo4AllV2... so i think that it's a bios issue and hope you could do something for me :D

Thanks a lot :|