Search Problems

26 posts in this topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have just one query. When searching by keyword, the results are post for the whole thread and start from the first post. Can it be modified to go to the exact page of the thread where the keyword exists?

Reading is a good thing, but wading through a 40+ page topic to find out that the result is of no importance to my particular problem is frustrating and many noob's will post instead. I googled and used the search, but still had to post. I know it is on your board somewhere.

I mean no disrespect. But, to be honest, the search function on this forum sucks, in general.

Directing users who come here for information to "Just use Google" is beyond lame. I'm not sure what board software is running here... but I've seen tons better out there... some free..

While I really appreciate the info and expertise offered here by the forum's members, alot about the site -in and of itself- annoys the {censored} out of me.

Ok maybe a full explanation is in order here. Now you may be shifting this towards me since I am part of Board Maintenance. I have supplied the fix to the Server Team and I am waiting for the implementation. Until then there is not much I can do except tell you that it is in the process of being fixed.

• 3 weeks later...