Nforce Chipsets: How to install Leo easy and fast with iAtkos v1.0i r3 - NForce Edition or Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD

 Mysticus C*

1,957 posts in this topic

Yes i read the 1st post 1000 times. I have OSx full installed in IDEs. But i want install in SATA.. and i cant change to AHCPI.

My MOBO 630i is a ACER with R01-A3 bios.

My PC is a Acer Aspire M3640

With some BIOS setting RAID also enables AHCI......

Hello! (first time poster)

I was trying to use the forum search and went thru pages of this topic, but all the possibly relevant info

was so scattered, I couldn't make much out of it, so I'll ask here. Hopefully someone can help me.

If this is the wrong topic, please show me the right way.

Ok, I installed OS X with Kalyway 10.5.2 method, all fine and dandy, but, my on-board LAN does not work.

My mobo is MSI P6N Diamond. Now, obviously many others are having this issue, but has any solution

been found? I mean, besides going out and buying another NIC, no thanks.

Any help would be apriciated.

Guest cavallo

NUnforce.

The worst chipset platform i have never seen in my life with any os....

Just an idea if i don't like on board lan (cause to known problems) and i disable it final cut, compressor and many others don't work.

why on intel it doesn't happen?

Hello! (first time poster)

I was trying to use the forum search and went thru pages of this topic, but all the possibly relevant info

was so scattered, I couldn't make much out of it, so I'll ask here. Hopefully someone can help me.

If this is the wrong topic, please show me the right way.

Ok, I installed OS X with Kalyway 10.5.2 method, all fine and dandy, but, my on-board LAN does not work.

My mobo is MSI P6N Diamond. Now, obviously many others are having this issue, but has any solution

been found? I mean, besides going out and buying another NIC, no thanks.

Any help would be apriciated.

You could use the solutions in post #2:

+ Linksys WUSB54GC (reported OK) there are official drivers for this

+ Netgear WG111V3 wireless card (My suggestion for wifi) (there are official drivers for this)

+ Apple USB to Ethernet (reported OK) (My suggestion for lan) works OTB

Or you could try the Eno modified forcedeth.kext......my own solution was a RTL8169 PCI NIC......

I posted this in the Graphic Card forum, but it may be more appropriate here since I believe the problem to be nForce mobo related combined with the nvidia gfx card.

See sig for hardware.

I have been trying to get QE/CI working with my 8800GTS 512 (G92) for awhile now and have failed with countless attempts. From everything that I see, my best bet is with NVkush, but I have not been able to get it working either.

I have tried NVkush and NVinject. I have placed my device ID in all necessary kexts (NVDAResman, NVDANV50Hal, and NVkush or NVinject). I have placed my NVCAP value in NVkush, specified the necessary VRAM,totalsize value. I am at a loss.

Here is what I have used.

IOPCIMatch = 0x060010de

NVCAP = <04000000 00000300 0c000000 00000007 00000000>

VRAM,totalsize = <00000020>

Of course, I have tried a mix of everything (i.e. not including VRAM,totalsize, or NVCAP, or both), but nothing. I have tried this using 10.5.2 (with updated graphic drivers) and 10.5.5.

My current setup is completely up to date with 10.5.5 and I have everything else working.

Basically, it always hangs when the login window tries to load. NVkush recognizes the card and NVDANV50Hal seems to load fine, but the machine always hangs. Not sure if this would be important, but if I move NVDAResman.kext out of Extensions, delete caches, etc; I boot without hanging even with NVkush and NVDANV50Hal remaining in the Extensions folder. I simply do not have QE/CI and my res is stuck at 1024x768.

On a positive note, the Eno nForceLAN kext works wonderfully. I simply had to make sure airport is turned off before installing it as it would panic if airport was left on. So I now have onboard gigabit lan!!

Any ideas? I'll buy whoever can help me a case of beer (as long as they live in the DC area and are >=21).

Let me know if anybody needs more details.

Hi guys,

I installed(the bare system) Kalaway 10.5.2 using:

Evga nforce 780i mobo

BenQ IDE DW1655 DVD +/- RW

40 GB IDE Seagate Hard Drive

Q9450 CPU

Evga 8800 GTS 640MB

Microsoft USB Intellimouse Ex

Logitech USB Keyboard

Now because I only installed the bare system would it be ok to update to 10.5.5 and then try and get my Internet, bluetooth, sound chip ect to work or should I get those things working now and then do the update?

BTW Mysticus C I sent you a pm requesting the link for patches but I am not sure the pm actually got sent as I have nothing in my sent box, however I don't want to inundate you with pm's so if you did not recieve it let me know, please.

Hi guys,

I installed(the bare system) Kalaway 10.5.2 using:

Evga nforce 780i mobo

BenQ IDE DW1655 DVD +/- RW

40 GB IDE Seagate Hard Drive

Q9450 CPU

Evga 8800 GTS 640MB

Microsoft USB Intellimouse Ex

Logitech USB Keyboard

Now because I only installed the bare system would it be ok to update to 10.5.5 and then try and get my Internet, bluetooth, sound chip ect to work or should I get those things working now and then do the update?

BTW Mysticus C I sent you a pm requesting the link for patches but I am not sure the pm actually got sent as I have nothing in my sent box, however I don't want to inundate you with pm's so if you did not recieve it let me know, please.

I would recommend getting everything working OK under 10.5.2, so that you know what audio chipset codec works for you, likewise if Eno nForce LAN kext works for your onboard LAN, or if you need a PCI or USB LAN solution, likewise Bluetooth etc. since 10.5.5 is simply an update from 10.5.2, and you will need to know what post combo update Customize selections to make...... :help:

BTW it would help other readers for you to post in the thread on nForce Series 7xxi chipset MOBOs how you got your Evga 8800 GTS 640MB running OK......is it with full CI/QE and resolution better than 1024x768.....? :thumbsup_anim:

BTW for an updated look here...... :blowup:

Thanks Verdant for the good advice. At the moment my 8800GTS is running at 1024x768 so it's really just stock setting. However I will post update when I get it all working and actually know what I'm talking about :D , at the moment I still have a lot of research to do to figure out how to proceed.

I installed the 9.5.0 Voodoo beta 2c kernel and it works wonders with my 680i board. I can actually now use my full 4GB of ram where before I had to use the maxmem=2048 flag to have my setup stable.

As described in the kernel instructions, I replaced my old AppleSMBIOS.kext and System.kext with the 10.5.5 vanilla ones and added the appleSMBIOSEFI.kext by Chun-Nan.

Bye bye old 9.4.0 :star_smile:

You can get the 9.5.0 voodoo kernel at:

http://code.google.com/p/xnu-dev/

and the appleSMBIOSEFI.kext at:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=108606

For the vanilla System and appleSMBIOS kexts, just use Pacifist and extract them from Apple's 10.5.5 ComboUpdate:

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/mac...omboupdate.html

or just download them below if you're too lazy or have a too slow connection to get the comboupdate.

Enjoy.

appleSMBIOS_System_10.5.5_kexts_Vanilla.zip

hi guys i'm a noob in this subject

but i tried everything to install Leopard...i have no problems installing it...he problem it's booting the sistem without the dvd...

i tried almost all combination of patches and all from the IATKOS V4i ....then i read that my mobo should be configured in AHCI mode

when i did this...it boot from the HDD and all was fine....but i dont want to have it installed just for luck...i wanted to know how i made it

i tried reinstall and got the boot.apple.com problem ...i disable AHCI and the installer start with no problems....i reinstall it...reboot...activate the AHCI mode...and now it wont boot from the HDD..apears a list of the two disk partitions...and when i try to boot from leopard...nothing hapens...when i tipe -v or -x or-s nothing happens

i try to install it on the 80 gigs HDD...in a 40 gigs partiotion...the other i wish to save it for xp...

i tried everythhing XD...all types of configurations...change the drives order...the partition...the format.... made the partiotion active from terminal...i been two weeek reading and trying

if anyone can give me some help XD

a few details for my mobo: (in my signature is my system details)

1. Northbridge: Intel® P965 Express Chipset

2. Southbridge: Intel® ICH8R

3. Gigabit LAN Controller (Marvell 8053)

4. Realtek ALC888DD 8-Channel Audio Codec

hi guys i'm a noob in this subject

but i tried everything to install Leopard...i have no problems installing it...he problem it's booting the sistem without the dvd...

i tried almost all combination of patches and all from the IATKOS V4i ....then i read that my mobo should be configured in AHCI mode

when i did this...it boot from the HDD and all was fine....but i dont want to have it installed just for luck...i wanted to know how i made it

i tried reinstall and got the boot.apple.com problem ...i disable AHCI and the installer start with no problems....i reinstall it...reboot...activate the AHCI mode...and now it wont boot from the HDD..apears a list of the two disk partitions...and when i try to boot from leopard...nothing hapens...when i tipe -v or -x or-s nothing happens

i try to install it on the 80 gigs HDD...in a 40 gigs partiotion...the other i wish to save it for xp...

i tried everythhing XD...all types of configurations...change the drives order...the partition...the format.... made the partiotion active from terminal...i been two weeek reading and trying

if anyone can give me some help XD

a few details for my mobo: (in my signature is my system details)

1. Northbridge: Intel® P965 Express Chipset

2. Southbridge: Intel® ICH8R

3. Gigabit LAN Controller (Marvell 8053)

4. Realtek ALC888DD 8-Channel Audio Codec

This is a support thread for nForce chipset motherboards. Yours is an Intel chipset motherboard so you won't get help here.

I suggest you find the appropriate thread for your kind of motherboard.

I stopped coming back to supporting this topic... From Now On You Can Continue getting support on Verdant's topic... You can still find many usefull information here, but I wont be coming to this topic frequently...

i will still give support, but for simple things like, making installers for those who are unable to install things on their own...

Verdant: point me the files you want/need to make installer for, i will implement those into latest driver update packages and to standalone additional installers

Hy guys, please, I need your help to install Leopard in this mobo, Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H:

Chipset nforce 630i / Nvidia 7100 (DVI-I + VGA + HDMI)

Audio Realtek 8.1 Analog / Optical SPDIF ALC885

Accepts DDR2 533/667/800

3 internal SATAII + 1 e-Sata + 1 IDE

Lan Onboard Nvidia

My hardware components: Pentium D 915 2.8GHz + Kingston DDR2 667 2GB + 1 DDR2 667 1GB, DVD R/RW LG SATA GH20NS10 and GSA 4160B (IDE), 2 Seagate x 250GB SATA II and 1 Seagate 120GB IDE. (Note: IDE devices only external but I tested it, and removed the SATA too but do not work)...

The release that I tried was iATKOS 2.0.

Do you know other releases that works so as well with my hardware?

Thanks for attention.

I have the Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H, this is how i installed Leopard:

Install Kalyway 10.5.2

Use NVInject standard, anything else won't work

Sleep kernel

You need the kext for the ALC889a and the HDAenabler to get the sound working.

Don't try to update to 10.5.3 with combo update, it won't work.

For now i'm stuck at 1024x768 but i will keep on trying.

I stopped coming back to supporting this topic... From Now On You Can Continue getting support on Verdant's Series 7 nForce chipsets and Verdant's Pre-Series 7 nForce chipsets threads You can still find many usefull information here, but I wont be coming to this topic frequently...

i will still give support, but for simple things like, making installers for those who are unable to install things on their own...

Verdant: point me the files you want/need to make installer for, i will implement those into latest driver update packages and to standalone additional installers

I don't remember volunteering to take over from you as the :help: point of call........ :stretcher:

Having pre-Series 7 NForce chipset MOBO posts in my Series 7 thread will make it "messy" so I will start another thread for pre-Series 7 NForce chipset MOBO posts......... :angel: that you can point people to....

BUT posters that are rude/agressive :) or argumentative :boxing:will not get replies......and neither will posters who are :offtopic: .........or who do not give enough of the clearly requested information..... :hammer: because I have my "real life" too......

I do not have loads of time to waste on :wallbash: or :moil: figuring out the problems for posters who are too lazy to do their own initial reading and research, especially on drivers for their non-standard and/or less-common MOBOs, components, peripheral devices e.g GFX cards, printers, scanners etc., which I have no experience of using myself......

If I get plagued by PMs or posts in my threads, in which posters demonstrate that they have not read all the useful posts in my threads, and in other relevant threads as well, and/or have not answered my necessary/relevant questions in earlier posts, and/or ignored sensible suggestions from myself and other experienced forum members etc. (Mysticus C*, you know exactly what I mean.... ;) ), then I will be justified in taking defensive action :laser: to protect my sanity, so that I do not :blowup: .......

I would be interested in a standalone combo installer for these:

XDarwin's NVdarwin GFX card driver installer

eno's nForceLAN onboard LAN driver for nForce MOBOs

MercurySquad et al.'s Voodoo kernel

slashack's NForceATA Darwin ATA Drivers modifications to allow more than 2 gb of ram

that will allow a post-OSx86 install on OSx86 10.5.2 and later........ ;)

I stopped coming back to supporting this topic... From Now On You Can Continue getting support on Verdant's Series 7 nForce chipsets and Verdant's Pre-Series 7 nForce chipsets threads You can still find many usefull information here, but I wont be coming to this topic frequently...

Have done, thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, so I searched through this thread/site and I don't feel as though I found a clear answer – here's my problem

Latest forcedeth.kext recognizes my board's ethernet ports, but assigns a static IP, and when I manually assign settings it doesn't work (including DHCP)

For the life of me I can't figure this out, this is my third Hackintosh box, and I've never had a problem getting everything up and running (well, other than sound on the P6N Diamond, which I know isn't possible) so needless to say, I'm frustrated. I could just get a compatible card/wireless but it just seems so lame! Is there a known solution, or am I SOL?

OS : Vista Ultimate 32-bit + Kalyway 10.5.2 (I run Vista on the same box, but on a completely different HD)

Mobo : MSI P6N Diamond 680i

Cpu : Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E6400 CPU @ 2.13GHz

Ram: 2GB DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory Corsair

VGA : XFX GeForce 8800GT Alpha Dog (512)

LAN : Onboard

USB Ports : 8xUSB 2.0 (Working)

• 1 month later...

Ok, i finally was able to get osx86 working fully on my 790i Ultra SLI(evga), with a 9800gtx. What i did was:

1. Install Leo4allv3 using cpus=1 boot flag, install 9.2.2 kernel(non vanilla), Nforcetest chipset drivers, azalia audio drivers, ACPI-old, and the smbios options

2. Get your lan working with the nforcelan.kext, it should be floating around somewhere on the forums, had a friend who also has an nforce mobo find it, so im not sure where exactly it is located. Install with kext helper, go to ethernet and your ethernet should be working.

3. Boot using cpus=1(for now), download the pre and post update patches for 10.5.5, download 10.5.5 combo, install the pre update nforce patch, install 10.5.5, force quit installer after it asks you to reboot, apply 10.5.5 post update patches, i used the following options:

-Mac Pro/1333Mhz SMBIOS

-The nvidia driver at the bottom of the installer+ 512mb option, on first restart after installing 10.5.5 QE/CI enabled(forget which one it was, was doing it last night at almost midnight)

-Voodoo Kernel latest

4. Boot using cpus=1, Download the dsdt patch and install it.

5. Download the latest voodoo kernel release

6. Backup Seatbelt.kext

7. Boot using cpus=1(should be last time you need to!)Install 10.5.6 update(non combo update) to osx, then before you restart use kext helper to install seatbelt.kext from 10.5.5 that you backed up earlier, then install the voodoo xnu kernel again(or osx will boot into vanilla kernel, which actually i was able to get into but was unstable, so im using voodoo kernel atm)

8.Boot with -v for now, if it works go ahead and switch to efi, im loving efi @ 1680x1050, and leopard just kicks the socks off vista,which ive known for awhile but finally have fully working osx86 install, thanks to everyone that has created these installers and patches. Enjoy a (hopefully) fully working install of osx 10.5.6, this works on the system specced below, and one last note, when i installed 10.5.5 post update, on that reboot i had qe/ci and native res without gfx strings or anything, ive had to use gfx strings on the last 5 times ive installed osx86 on this computer, which really surprised me, and dual monitors(one was dvi, other was dvi->vga) on that same boot.

Specs:

EVGA 790i Ultra SLI

XFX 9800gtx Black Edition

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450

Western Digital Caviar 250gb IDE Hard Drive

Asus Sata DVD-ROM drive(osx wasnt friendly with my asus dvd lightscribe burner, so i unplug it for osx)

I figured this might help someone out with the same hardware as me, good luck to whoever trys to install(as a note, i have better luck with ide than with sata on the 790i, and all 4 cores working @ 3.9Ghz.)

• 4 weeks later...

i downloaded bittorrent, iAtkos v1.0i r3. and its in rar. the trouble is im on my macbook and can't open winrar. condenced files. or burn with toast!

my pc has died (xp, hdd died say no more) . is their an un-zipped version?

saves me getting a new hdd and booting x "bloody" p

• 1 month later...

I have installed iDeneb v1.3 as other distro's don't and when I boot up. it has the apple logo with the swirly thing but it crashes. I dual boot with vista ultimate extreme r2

i have a hp a6504.uk, 2gb ram, 250gb hardrive, amd sempron 2.0 dual core (64 bit), and a lightscribe drive. I don't know but it may be a Graphic issue. mine is a nvidea gforce 6150SE nForce 430.

Please bear in mind that i am only 13!

• 2 months later...

ok so i tried installing many times, i used pata dvd and hd drives to bypass waiting for root device error, properly formatted my 320 gb sata drive for osx, now i select what i think i need to select according to my components in the customize menu but installation always fails. my specs are listed in my sig if anyone knows what i should select in customize please let me know i have these versions of osx ( iATKOS_5i, iDeneb_v1.4_OSx86_ISO ).so please tell me which version of osx and what to select in customize thanks again.

• 2 months later...

Hi all, I know I should post on the Preseries7 thread, but it's closed.

I'm trying to install Leo (Leo4Allv3, Kaly 10.5.2, iDeneb 10.5.5) on an ECS GF7050VT-M with and Nforce 610i Chipset (Nvidia MCP73). CPU Intel Core Duo E5200

I got installed Leo on an Ide HD, but then I can't make it boot with any option or combination (-v -x -s -f cpus=1).

I followed the instructions for the BIOS settings.

I also tried to disconnect the DVD Rom because I have only one IDE port, but with no luck.

It gets stuck after itunesphonedriver

I'm dual booting with tboot, I'm gonna try Chameleon, but I wonder if it's any difference...

I'll appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance,

Martin