AppleACPIPlatform.kext

AppleDBKeyboard.kext

AppleADBMouse.kext

AppleHDA.kext

AppleMBIOS.kext

dsmos.kext

IOATAFamily.kext

IOPCIFamily.kext

i just copy it to a folder to backup and then copy & paste after installation completed and then rebooted. It reboots at darwin boot and not running so i installed iATKOSv1.0 again.

I am not using efi loader from Ubuntu linux grub boot loader.

I have saved the updater from your link and also Kalyway_10.5.2_kernels.mpkg but not sure how to successfully run it so waiting for some more tips.

My System configuation is

Intel D915GAV, 2.66Ghz, 1Gb Ram, 160Gb Hard Drive, DVD Writer

Thank you very much Devin :P

Clear tutorial and workin' like hell :P

whoooot :)

you don't need to back up extensions :)

If you do what Devin said in his tutorial,

then reboot in safe mode ( with -x)

and then you install this kext's with Kalyway kext helper b7 (standard in kalyway 10.5.1 install disk)

http://rapidshare.com/files/91282272/PS2_Batt_Working.zip

more info: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...87139&st=20

Grtz and many thanx...

Junior

Plz help me for support with 8400M GT Notebook Graphics card.. If anyone get it worked? ;)

Thanks for putting this all together.

I found using a Kalyway 10.5.2 combo update worked for me (it's out there).

I was using Kalyway 10.5.1...and the normal 10.5.2 update would lock up at 29% when installing.

The modified 10.5.2 update worked perfect. It was modified so that a kernel and some kexts were removed.

So I guess one of these files was locking up the system.

Which of those are needed, which aren't, I don't know.

What does it mean for future upgrades?

Anyway. I'm still audio/video/network - less ... but that's off topic.

-- I should also note I have to boot into safe boot (-x) always. Before 10.5.2 and after.

I now load with -v hangs at some network thing...Is this the long boot everyone is talking about?

I see black screen, text, and after a while the color wheel comes up spinning and you can move it with your mouse...but after 10min I gave up and shut down.

Thank you very much Devin :)

Clear tutorial and workin' like hell ;)

whoooot :)

you don't need to back up extensions :)

If you do what Devin said in his tutorial,

then reboot in safe mode ( with -x)

and then you install this kext's with Kalyway kext helper b7 (standard in kalyway 10.5.1 install disk)

http://rapidshare.com/files/91282272/PS2_Batt_Working.zip

more info: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...87139&st=20

Grtz and many thanx...

Junior

Plz help me for support with 8400M GT Notebook Graphics card.. If anyone get it worked? ;)

you mean run the update as per tutorial

and then reboot the system with -x

and replace the kext from the zip file u mentioned and run the kalyway kernels update and then restart ?

Just wanted to thank Devin. I emailed him and probably did a good job bothering him =)

But I finally got it working. Sad that the way I got things to work wasn't by following his instructions...so I thought I'd sure the process I went through.

1. I installed Kalyway 10.5.1 (have to run -x safe boot to load os x - resolution default vesa)

2. Then I ran Kalyway 10.5.2 Combo Update

(this is a modified combo update, NOT the one from apple, it excludes some kexts and the kernel ... STILL running safe boot -x to load os x)

3. So I had the vanilla kernel from kalyway 10.5.1 and I wanted that back..so I installed the kalyway 10.5.2 kernel pkg (is it necessary for the 10.5.2 graphics fix?? don't know ... STILL running -x safe boot)

4. I then installed the graphics update (don't need -x safe boot any longer)

That was it. Again, I can boot os x without -x (safe boot) and it boots fast. It immediately like magic also fixed my graphic card issue. Full support. It also fixed my audio somewhere in the process of steps 3-4. I then was able to get my network card working again (not wireless) by modifying a kext file.

I have an HP dv2000 laptop (special edition). It uses the 1.5 Ghz Intel Dual Core (the lower bus speed guy that was so popular). X3100 Graphics card. Conexant audio. Yukon network card. .. but I'm not gonna sit and list all my specs here.

I just wanted to share the method I used to get 10.5.2 working. Also some people worried about that graphics update...It worked for me, but heard it didn't for some....if you don't need it. don't do it. I HAD to in order to get graphic support.

Hope this helps someone. I believe others have posted similar methods out there...using all Kalyway stuff. Vanilla kernels.

ok, so I'm an idiot and I did it totally wrong and now I'm getting kernel panics. I'm sure I can figure out how to do it right, but I have a lot of things on my hard drive that I really, really want. Is there anyway to get into the hard drive and retrieve some of my files/info?

Does anyone think Disk Warror would work?

http://www.alsoft.com/DiskWarrior/

Devin, thanks a lot for this how-to. I wanted to add my results.

When I upgraded from 10.5.1 (Kally vanilla kernel) to 10.5.2 my PS2 keyboard and mouse stopped working. Since I am on a desktop, I was able to use a USB keyboard and mouse to get working BUT when I did, USB external disk drives were not recognized and everything seemed really slow and choppy.

I used the kexts provided by Aldos and was able to get the PS2 keyboard and mouse working again. The USB drive and choppyness is not present when PS2 is used.

Thanks a lot to Devin and Aldos.

Thanks to all of you, especially Delvin, IATKOS, and Kalyway, I now have a working OSX 10.5.2 on my ASUS F3JV laptop, dual booting with windows XP.

Here's how I did it and some issues I came across:

Installed 10.5.1 with IATKOS 1.0i R2, choosing Darwin Boot loader (no EFI or other patchs/drivers) by pressing customise.

Upgraded to 10.5.2 using the Kalyway combo updater found in torrent site.

Installed Nvidia Display driver using Scott's NVInstaller (google for "NVInstaller") V34, though V31, and V41 also work. When installing NV installer, uncheck Vanilla NVInject, select the right memory size for your video card, though I selected 'Laptop (go)" because I have a Geforce 7600Go. When choosing the colour depth in Preferences > Display, "Millions" actualy meant thousands, and "Thousands" means millions, so choosing thousands gives the higher colour depth (32bit).

Issues:

1. If you are dual booting with WinXp, make sure you don't put windows in Hibernate before you start installing/using OSX, I found that the network card won't work if windows is hibernated.

2. Do not install the 9.2 kernel, it causes a continuous reboot. Does any one know the benefits of the updated kernel???

3. After installing NVInstaller, the screen will go funny coloured just before automatic login. It'll kinda fade out in a couple of minutes, and then load up the OSX desktop. Anyone know a fix for this?

4. The CPU fan is at full load, and the exhaust air is hot. Not sure why, but can't be bothered to fix. If you know a quick fix please let me know :wacko:

5. Sleep does not work properly. No biggy.

6. Keyboard mapping isn't quite right. When I connected my usb comfort curve 2000, the option, and command keys are reversed compared to my lappy keyboard. Strange.

Anyways, you've all been very helpful :(

2. Then I ran Kalyway 10.5.2 Combo Update

(this is a modified combo update, NOT the one from apple, it excludes some kexts and the kernel ... STILL running safe boot -x to load os x)

I'm having trouble downloading the file originally posted. it gets to 50% and then freezes every time. in fact, I can't even download it straight from Apple on my mac! where did you find this file tom? also, will we ever be able to update using the OSX updater? I'm just curious. thanks.

J.

I really want to install the 10.5.2 update on my HP dv9233cl, as I have Kalyway 10.5.1 running quite stable but want the faster performance if it really does make the difference. Last time I tried this update, it was slow on boot but then I added the Kalway kernel update and that killed my notebook keyboatrd.

So here are my questions:

1. If you were a bonehead and forgot which selections you made when you installed Kalyway 10.5.1 (EFI, Vanilla, etc), is there any way to tell which version you loaded?

2. Is there a way to avoid this keyboard problem when applying the kernel updater? I know this doesn't affect the desktop guys too much, but I have seen other notebook installs go funky.

Sorry to ask the same question again, but does anyone know how one can tell post-installation which option he chose (i.e. vanilla or modified)? I would like to install the update this weekend, but do not want to screw up the current 10.5.1 install which is working.

Success on a Notebook Toshiba Satellite A200-24H but my touchpad and my keyboard don't works!Solutions?
I am using a Dell D630 notebook. After update, touchpad, keyboard don't work. If I put a USB mouse to it, at least I can move the pointer. I believe the update procedure provided is fine, however, no idea on why these stuffs don't work anymore ... :P Anyone got some idea?
Replace your old AppleACPIPlatform ;)
How can I replace this to solve my "keyboard and mouse" not working problem. Pls kindly advice. Thanks !

Ive just re-installed 10.5.1 in order to give me the best chances of a succesfull update to 10.5.2.

Im on an Asus A8Sc laptop, is there anything I should be aware of? Ive read some people having troubles with their keyboards on laptops after the update. Ive already tried to update once, that gave me loads of "Terminating app due to uncaught exception" errors during boot which eventually just halted.

Thanks!

I followed the guide to the letter, and at the first boot, it rebooted after 5 mins of booting, and at the second boot (with -v), i just get tons of

blued[114] *** terminating app due to uncaught exception NSInvalidArgumentException

blued[115] *** terminating app due to uncaught exception NSInvalidArgumentException

blued[116] *** terminating app due to uncaught exception NSInvalidArgumentException

NSCFDictionary setObject:forKey:]: attempt to insert nil value (key 0782 Machine Model)

And it goes on like that for around 15 minutes, saving various crashreports... its still doing it, so il give ou an update on the results once its done..

EDIT: Fixed it:

started with "-s" into the Single User Mode. I did a "fsck -fy" and was able to boot into the OS again.

I just get the reboot over and over after doing the update.

I followed the guide with the while sleep thing and at the end it gave me an "illigal operation" msg. Not sure if that matters.

I replaced my ACPIPlatform.kext and my AppleSMBIOS.kext the second time around.. Still the same thing.

I'm using the Asrock Conroe 1333.

The same exact thing was happening to me when i was installing the Kalyway 10.5.1 with the AppleACPIPlatform and Fix selected during install. Once I stopped checking it and installed Leo booted right up. Then i did the update and im getting the same results as when i was install with ACPIPlatform checked.

I've looked through all the kexts everything looks good, what could be different changing it up making it reboot like this?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

This update worked for me! Updated from fresh install of Kalyway 10.5.1 on Dell Precision Workstation 670.

It wanted to do the forever reboot thing again, but did a -x and that fixed it. Just needed Safe Mode for that one reboot and it is booting fine now.

Updated, Repaired Permissions, rebooted. Got the problem. -x and all OK.

Thanks for putting the links up! :P I was having trouble finding a still good location for the file.

Have successfully updated using this method. The firs time it was just spinning in a loop, after 2 reboots everything was fine, even the shutdown commands. But I am completely frozen on this step because my PS/2 controller is not working. How do you fix that?

I don't now if it is worth it but at least it makes it possible to use the EFI GFX fix (I think it does)

How do you fix the PS/2?

UPD: fixed PS/2 by buying a USB keyboard))) Have successfully set up 8600GT graphics and ALC889 audio using EFI method.

Now there are only 2 problems left that prevent me from having a perfect install:

1) HDD issue

2) Reboot/shut down

• 3 weeks later...