Install Guide For Dell Latitude D630 and D830

roneil4

957 posts in this topic

that make sense,

do you think this should be of a concern or not? i dont want to load everything and then find out later that my HD is fried,

i got 4gb of ram.

whats your thoughts?

thanks

I used to have 4 gigs of ram, and with 7 or 8 apps open, the hd spun up every 40-50 seconds, so you should be fine.

perfect,

hopefully it wont fry it,

i am going to load iATKOS 5.1 now and i was wondering to what setting to load:

here is my question,

which decrypters to select?

should i select any of the SMBIOS DRIVERS?

How about the Kernel?

and lastly how about ACPI?

thanks alot

picture1ph7.png

I am in the process right now to see if I can install iATKOS 5i on my D630 and it is not going too well. I did manage to get it to boot once but I got no trackpad or keyboard input. Ever since that attempt (about 10 so far) I have been unable to get it to boot. I am trying all sorts of combos.... I did manage to get iATKOS 4i to work and I have a backup of my HD. I will post my settings if I can get it to work with 5i.

@TjLaZer

i got aItkos 5.1 to work no problem,

the only thing i changed was that HD to AICH<

i installed xp first and then did a partition and installed iatkos on to it,

Re burn the CD and burn at 4x speed and try that, may be your cd i corrupted,

i was able to installed Iatkos 5.1 successfully by following this guide and posts,

one question,

i installed IntelEnchacedSpeedstep, and i remember from Iatkos 4.1 i was able to see the processor speed in the top part of the bar where the time and battery meter was, now i cant see it. is there was to enable that feature?

THanks

Ok I need a little bit o help I am on the D830 and for some reason i can't run the following programs

Final cut express 4

iMovie 08

Aperture 2

they are all giving me guff about my graphics card I think? is anyone running these programs? any idea's things i should try?

I have the nvidia card in my d830 if that makes a difference

Any help is greatly appreciated

perfect,

hopefully it wont fry it,

i am going to load iATKOS 5.1 now and i was wondering to what setting to load:

here is my question,

which decrypters to select?

should i select any of the SMBIOS DRIVERS?

How about the Kernel?

and lastly how about ACPI?

thanks alot

picture1ph7.png

Hey inc188 I used 5i to install and it worked great I selected only the following items

Iatkos v5i main system

PC EFI V9

AppleDecrypt

SMBIOS-EFI

x86 ACPI

nVidia Laptop

and the laptop battery one I can't seem to remember the real name but you will see it

Then after install I booted to leopard ran the software update then installed all of the sound fixes listed at the beginning of this guide. and the internal mic fix located on the 29th page of this guide (there are 2 posts on page 29 I used the file on the 2nd post that says something like "re-edited kext, boost=10".

good luck with your install

I have tried to install iTAKOS 5i yesterday, successfully.

I can not quite remember each package I selected, but I remember selecting intel SATA drivers and PS/2 drivers, also disabler and remove PowerManagment, And nv_laptop for my NV VGA card.

There is still one thing not working as expected, the video driver for NVS 135. there is no QE support, and screen will go black if I plug in an external display, even after I unplug it, only cure is to reboot.

Dose anyone have experience on the same problem with NVS135? which NV driver do you use?

I am looking for some driver to enable desktop span and also rotation of external display.

awesome,

thanks alot guys for the great feedback, iatkos seems to be working great so far, I still DO NOT have the processor speed on the top bar,

i remember reading some where on how to enable it, but for the life of me, i cant find it,

@sdmac - about the software update, i just ran that and here is the list of updates that are available to me and i am not sure if i should installed them or not, i don't want to brick, Please tell me if you updated these updates,

1. Apple Remote Desktop 3.2.2 Client Update

2. Airport extreme update 2008-004

3. Security Update 2008-007 is recommended for all users and improves the security of Mac OS X. Previous security updates have been incorporated into this security update.

For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222.

Did you try updating Imovie and etc? i read about it and i updated imovie and it worked perfectly fine.

THanks alot,

@

awesome,

thanks alot guys for the great feedback, iatkos seems to be working great so far, I still DO NOT have the processor speed on the top bar,

i remember reading some where on how to enable it, but for the life of me, i cant find it,

@sdmac - about the software update, i just ran that and here is the list of updates that are available to me and i am not sure if i should installed them or not, i don't want to brick, Please tell me if you updated these updates,

1. Apple Remote Desktop 3.2.2 Client Update

2. Airport extreme update 2008-004

3. Security Update 2008-007 is recommended for all users and improves the security of Mac OS X. Previous security updates have been incorporated into this security update.

For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222.

Did you try updating Imovie and etc? i read about it and i updated imovie and it worked perfectly fine.

THanks alot,

@

yep I installed all of those updates with no issues. I think you need to install the "speed step" option while doing the install it is one of the options I did not personaly install it so I am not 100% but I belive that is what you are looking for. So you are saying that you have iMovie working? What graphics card do you have?

Dose anyone have experience on the same problem with NVS135? which NV driver do you use?

Real quick answer NVkush. Longer answer: search through this thread for info on using NVkush and the values of NVCAP to allow for an external VGA display. So far I've never seen a posting that manged to make the external DVI port on any of the dell dock products (dDock, dPort) work.

can someone plz help with X3100 kext i cant seem to be able to get it working, i can only get it to show black background with mouse showing, i have tried the following....i can get it to partially work in safe mode, no qe...ci yes working in safe mode

sleeptrick with hot corners setup

copy the bundles to /extensions folder

AppleIntelGMAX3100GA.plugin

AppleIntelGMAX3100GLDriver.bundle

AppleIntelGMAX3100VADriver.bundle

install kext files with kext helper b7

AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext

AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext

Natit.kext

repair permissions boot with -f

wait a while, but all i get is black screen with mouse showing

this is my info on my graphics

vendor intel 0x8086

device id 0x2a02

rev id 0x000c

Dell D630

Any of you have issues booting from iATKOS 4i or 5i discs on the D630? I can only get the installer to boot up sucessfully 1 in like 20 times! I have to continuously shut down and restart after the KP. Eventually it will finally boot. Trying any switches like -x -v -f -cpus=1 does nothing... Anyone?

Any of you have issues booting from iATKOS 4i or 5i discs on the D630? I can only get the installer to boot up sucessfully 1 in like 20 times! I have to continuously shut down and restart after the KP. Eventually it will finally boot. Trying any switches like -x -v -f -cpus=1 does nothing... Anyone?
Ironically had this very error when I was attempting to boot up. I realized that if it messes up once it'll continue to mess up unless you purge the system's mem/bios by unplugging it from AC adaptor and the battery. Then boot it from the CD again with the -v tag.

Now that I'm up and running I'm having an issue with the display. I'm able to get the X3100 working in software mode using modified drivers (use OSX86Tools to locate and install the driver in its database, then use the sleep corners trick mentioned earlier), but I'm yearning for hardware acceleration. Any help on this?

Since i was asked how to change NVCAPS on PM , I thought its better to add this to the thread :

The files you will need to change this :

(if u have the NVS 135 use 04000000 00000500 02000000 00000007 00000000)

Save & repair permissions.

In Case you need my NVkush.Kext : NVkush.kext.zip

I have tried the attached Kext and now I have my external monitor working, but still some problem, My external 20' monitor can not have full resolution and rotation at the same time. That means 1680x1050 works when not rotated, once rotated, If I chose 1680x1050 both internal and external monitor will turn blue and freeze there.

Anybody having the same problem?

Hi everyone,

tis is my first post on this forum. I have a problem with iATKOS v5i on my d630 with x3100. I have install it with custom solutions, and i do all commands to delete drivers gma950 and gmax3100 and I can't install comboupate 10.5.5 because when the files are uploading in about 15% I have a message to shut down the computer (i have open the terminal with the commands). I've install iATKOS for 15 times or more and I don't know what to do. I do the next step without combo update, just want to activate sleepdisplay and update new drivers from gmax_3100.zip but sleepdisplay doesn't work, and after reboot I have a black screen and cannot wake up the computer (also sleep display in hot coners mode i have activate but it doesn't work too), but everything is working (I have heard the sound when clicking vol up and vol down).

Also I can't find i solutions how to run the built-in wireless card.

Please help ME!!!

Hi everyone,

tis is my first post on this forum. I have a problem with iATKOS v5i on my d630 with x3100. I have install it with custom solutions, and i do all commands to delete drivers gma950 and gmax3100 and I can't install comboupate 10.5.5 because when the files are uploading in about 15% I have a message to shut down the computer (i have open the terminal with the commands). I've install iATKOS for 15 times or more and I don't know what to do. I do the next step without combo update, just want to activate sleepdisplay and update new drivers from gmax_3100.zip but sleepdisplay doesn't work, and after reboot I have a black screen and cannot wake up the computer (also sleep display in hot coners mode i have activate but it doesn't work too), but everything is working (I have heard the sound when clicking vol up and vol down).

Also I can't find i solutions how to run the built-in wireless card.

Please help ME!!!

As helpful as that first post probably was it did not help me one iota in getting my D630 up. First thing's first, if installing from iATKOS v5i do not pay attention to the first post on how to install your graphics. Instead, download the 10.5.5 9f23 graphic drivers here - http://www.fileqube.com/file/kIJhBN99908 and install it. Do not reboot the PC yet, as you still got more work to do. Next download the hack kext linked in the first post and install ONLY AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext and natit.kext. Then go into your /System/Library/Extensions folder and delete AppleIntelIntegratedFrameBuffer.kext. Now install the Sleep application and script, along with a sleep hot corner just in case. Be sure to launch both the application and the script at least once so that you can get rid of the 'Do you want to launch' box that pops up everytime a new application is launched.

As to your wireless - if you have an Intel wireless card you're out of luck as only the Dell cards have drivers. Also, if your sound isn't working this should fix it - http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=97966

Hope this helps! Getting the graphics up and running took roughly 10 installs and countless hours over two days, but it's been worth it.

Hey guys, I've written an Idiots guide to getting Slimbuild-132+retail disk working on the D630, going to post it later this week after my last final on Thursday, however would like to find out a few things. First though I wanted to let you know that I will be posting all of the kexts/packages on rapidshare, I'm a rapidshare member so it's easiest for me. Does any one want to volunteer to post the files someplace else, I can send you a the link to a zip and you can upload to whatever service you think would be easiest to use for everyone. (send me a PM to volunteer)

Also don't get too excited about this guide, I'm not getting anything to work that you guys haven't already gotten working, just putting all the info in one place for this specific install type.

Hey guys, I've written an Idiots guide to getting Slimbuild-132+retail disk working on the D630, going to post it later this week after my last final on Thursday, however would like to find out a few things. First though I wanted to let you know that I will be posting all of the kexts/packages on rapidshare, I'm a rapidshare member so it's easiest for me. Does any one want to volunteer to post the files someplace else, I can send you a the link to a zip and you can upload to whatever service you think would be easiest to use for everyone. (send me a PM to volunteer)

Also don't get too excited about this guide, I'm not getting anything to work that you guys haven't already gotten working, just putting all the info in one place for this specific install type.

go ahead and post the files to Rapidshare, if they are too big i can create a mirror,

cheers