Install Guide For Dell Latitude D630 and D830

roneil4

957 posts in this topic

The NVCAP you suggested does work better than my value, but I still don't get a working DVI output when docked.

I suspect its related to the fact that the laptop doesn't have a DVI output on the back, its only available when its docked.

I have the D830 but I know the D630 can dock to the same accessories from Dell, the d/Dock and the d/Port (I think they call them). Its the dock that has room for a 1/2 length PCI card and the one that's just a port replicator (with the addition of a DVI port that the laptop lacks).

Is it possible that the NVCAP value on the PC-side changes depending on whether the laptop is docked or not? That's about the only way I can figure out why the PC derived value wouldn't work.

Hi,

I'm trying to install iATKOS v4.1.i on my d630 (t7300 nvs 135 etc).

Approximately 3 times on 4 I have a kernel panic when booting on the dvd (no vanilla).

Some times it works ...

I tried on my USB drive but the instal gives me an error just after begining and tells me to reboot. I tried on my internal disk (dual boot with vista) and it's been installed.

I made the dual boot with easybcd etc, it works.

When I boot on macos, I have a kernel panic at the begining of the loading.

It says :

panic(cpu 0 caller 00x01A8064) : machine check at ... (various memory adresses)

debugger etc ...

various memory adresses

Backtrace terminated _ invalid to current thread : Unknown

BSD process name corresponding to current thread : Unknown

Macos version :

Not set yet

darwin .... etc

What is my problem ? it is the same kernel panic than with the dvd.

Shall I try vanilla ?

I hope you can help me. Thanks

Hi again,

I've fixed my problems now it is fully working booting etc.

I've installed the nvinject 2.1 and my graphic card is working but how do I know if it is fully working ?

The animations are a bit laggy what can I do for it ?

Just like many people here I can't make my ethernet card work. I tried to install the AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext but it did not work at all. Can someone explains me how to do this correctly because I think I made a mistake.

@Rafoo :

What version of SBIOS are you on , make sure you have updated to the latest A12/A13 BIOS.

Ethernet should just work with the AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext , the link is some where around in pages 22 - 25 of this topic.

User KEXT helper to install this.

If you want to do this manually then make sure you fix the permissions once you copy the kext.

In case you still have issues please list the DEV ID of the network card in windows.

Wirless network still isnt working... any one know of any updates?

What is the SBIOS ? the bios of the D630 or apple smbios ? For the D630 I had the A03 ... ^^ Now it's been flashed to A13. I'll try again the 5751 kext.

Any idea why my macos is laggy ? specially the dock and animations ...

Thank you for your help !

I tried to enable CI and QE following what is said on page 8.

It made the same booting problem than for the BCM5755 except that it worked the third time and now it won't boot coorectly.

It seems to be a speedstep problem saying that there is an error while launching CGSWindow or something like that. any idea ?

Ok, so I finally managed to get kalyway 10.5.1 installed and updated to 10.5.4 (dell d630, 3100, Bios A12)

However, after the update to 10.5.4 I lost the built in keyboard and mouse (???) using a usb mouse and the on screen keyboard I installed the graphics kexts, and rebooted, however, it boots the blue screen and goes black...

Now I've tried disabling ALL acceleration in the bios, cpu=1, booted with -x -v -F -y in various combinations, yet all have resulted in the same black screen. In the verbose output, it always says something like GMAX3100 detected...

Any idea on a fix?

Thanks!

Ok, so I finally managed to get kalyway 10.5.1 installed and updated to 10.5.4 (dell d630, 3100, Bios A12)

However, after the update to 10.5.4 I lost the built in keyboard and mouse (???) using a usb mouse and the on screen keyboard I installed the graphics kexts, and rebooted, however, it boots the blue screen and goes black...

Now I've tried disabling ALL acceleration in the bios, cpu=1, booted with -x -v -F -y in various combinations, yet all have resulted in the same black screen. In the verbose output, it always says something like GMAX3100 detected...

Any idea on a fix?

Thanks!

you need to install sleepdisplay. check the first post.

Hi there,

I use a Dell D630 and everything works flawless, even ethernet with the kext mentioned above.

The only thing I would love to fix is touching on the trackpad. The trackpad works but it is not possible to touch instead of using the mouse button. Does anybody of you have this working? I dont't care about two finger scrolling or something like this. I'm only really used to touch instead of clicking on the buttons.

Help is appreciated.

Bye.

Btw, right now I'm trying the beta kernel from the vodoo guys and it works perfect. Sleep and resume works in conjunction with speedstep. Speedstep right now only works with 1200mhz as the lowest setting even though the cpu could go to 800mhz but I think this is a minor issue an will be fixed soon. So we all should slowly migrate to this new kernel because then we are done and really everything works.

i am using the post installeri got it here from the forums it will enable the touch for you, but the overall behave of the touch i do not like it so i decided to use usb mouse

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=97966

I tried to enable CI and QE following what is said on page 8.

It made the same booting problem than for the BCM5755 except that it worked the third time and now it won't boot coorectly.

It seems to be a speedstep problem saying that there is an error while launching CGSWindow or something like that. any idea ?

Ok so I reinstalled iAtkos v4.1i without the speedstep thing and it is finally booting well. I also installed the nvinject and nvkush. I modified the nvinject.kext like it was said in page 8. I rebooted and it said it was not able to load nvinject.kext. Though QE and CI are enabled. The apple grapphic update did not work. The dock is now completly fluid but the dashboard animation is really slower than before.

I need help on this please because I don't know what to try.

Ok so I reinstalled iAtkos v4.1i without the speedstep thing and it is finally booting well. I also installed the nvinject and nvkush. I modified the nvinject.kext like it was said in page 8. I rebooted and it said it was not able to load nvinject.kext. Though QE and CI are enabled.

NVkush is a replacement for nvinject and the nvxxx kext files. Try removing nvinject, deleting the kernel cache and rebooting. You'll want to edit NVkush to have the right NVCAP value mentioned in the threads on this same page of this topic before you reboot of course. Or you can just download and install the already modified version of NVkush.kext that Krypo posted above.

Is it possible for someone to either update the first post, or create a new post with all the information regarding installation and getting everything to work? I've read through about 10 pages so far and then skipped to the end and apparently everything except the internal mic is working and that's not reflected in the first post. I plan on reading through the rest, but I'm sure for others if someone who was an expert or knows exactly what files and steps are needed to get the d630 or d830 to where everything but the internal mic works would be really helpful.

Is it possible for someone to either update the first post, or create a new post with all the information regarding installation and getting everything to work? I've read through about 10 pages so far and then skipped to the end and apparently everything except the internal mic is working and that's not reflected in the first post. I plan on reading through the rest, but I'm sure for others if someone who was an expert or knows exactly what files and steps are needed to get the d630 or d830 to where everything but the internal mic works would be really helpful.

There is a new kext posted 1-2 pages back from here by theStevo. Sorry the first post isn't up to date, I don't really have time anymore to keep tabs on everything going on. I'll update it when I get some free time.

I looked through all 27 pages of messages here... Got OS-X working fabulously on my d630 using iAtkos v4 and the mod details listed here... thanks so much folks, it works great. The one thing that works, but doesn't seem to behave properly is firewire capture.

I can see the firewire card, it all looks right, detects when I plug a camera, but when I go to capture from the camera -- final cut and others don't receive data. I do the usual official fixes for this, trashing fcp prefs and reinstalling quicktime, but it just doesn't seem to work. Has anyone got the firewire capture on a d630 working and if so, what did they end up having to do?

Thanks!

- Nick

I try installing using iATKOS 4i and it just hang at the installation 1st part where I just to see the apple logo.

I also try Kalyway and it just mention OSX fail to install successfully.

What had I done wrong????

Since i was asked how to change NVCAPS on PM , I thought its better to add this to the thread :

The files you will need to change this :

NvKush Installer :

http://diabolik1605.com/DHF/

First install NVKUSH Installer

Restart the system

Install PLIST edit pro

PLIST edit Pro :

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/deve...isteditpro.html

browse to /systems/Library/extenstions/

find NVksuh.Kext rightclick and show contents , find the info.plist , double click - This will open it directly in PLIST edit Pro on the upper left window click on the arrows which drops down and kee looking for NVCAPS , once you frind this on the right hand window change the data files to the required NVCAPS value. (if u have the NVS 135 use 04000000 00000500 02000000 00000007 00000000)

Save & repair permissions.

In Case you need my NVkush.Kext : NVkush.kext.zip

So the produre to follow if you have a Dell D630 with an NVS 135m using my NVkush.Kext would be :

Install NVKUSH Installer from the above link.

Restart

Use Kext helper and drag and drop my NVkush.Kext and select simple install , reboot and all should just work.

@Krypto: I am using your NVkush.kext and it gives me the best results so far (actually, no other solution gives me CI/QE). However, I still have a problem: my system "thinks" that I have an external monitor even if I don't. The problem is that my desktop area is much larger than I can see, creating a black hole of desktop area.

How can I edit the NVCap values to REMOVE dual monitor (I currently have "Display" and "VGA Display" and want to remove the "VGA Display").

My setup:

Dell D630

iAtkos 10.5.4

Core 2 Duo 2GHz

2 GB RAM

NV 135 - 128MB (10de:042b)

NVKush.kext

Any help is much appreciated!

Hi all, after running the 10.5.5 update, i noticed my Quartz extreme stopped working, i tried diffrent nvinject/nvidia drivers, but nothing seem to make it supported again. help please...

Araikus: Were you using NVinject? I also noticed that in my desktop hackintosh, but installed NVkush and it worked again.