Windows Seven Milestone 1 UI Concept

MadDoggyca

18 posts in this topic

Throughout the development process we will be releasing milestones, alphas, betas, and release candidates—milestones marking the furthest from completion and release candidate the closest.

The UI in this image represents a Milestone 1 UI, meaning that we have begun taking all of our UI work and consolidating it towards a final interface. Like Microsoft or Apple, this UI may evolve substantially over the course of its development.

The alpha available soon will be a Milestone 1 release, meaning it will mark the first leap towards getting Cairo out into the world. The UI milestones are not necessarily going to coincide with the release milestones.

Explorer_Desktop_M1.jpg

Oh, I get it now.

The OP assumed that because the Cairo devs called the UI "Milestone 1" and how Windows 7 is at Milestone 1 itself, they may be associated...

This is not the case. Windows 7 is not associated with Cairo and most likely will not implement it ever. The rumor you heard is complete bullcrap.

But that monorail insurance sounds relevant to my interests... :D

Yeah. It's obvious it's fake unless Microsoft have replaced their UI deign team - they've never managed to make anything that looked that good.

On the other hand, it does have genuine, bona-fide, font-mangling Cleartype hideousness.

Dear OP, thank you for spreading misinformation about the great Cairo project around. I am glad that you made up this rumor. Your logic is nothing short of genius: because Microsoft and the Cairo project both use 'milestones' to represent releases prior to Alphas, surely they must be working together!

Cairoshell.com

Cairo thread at Insanelymac