[HOW TO] INSTALL ON GIGABYTE/ASUS/COMPATIBLE BOARDS

mtotho

999 posts in this topic

lol mtotho what the hell did you do to it?

you didnt spill coffee all over it did you? :thumbsup_anim:

Anyhow i hope it works out,and i think you need atleast the cpu inserted in the mobo like you already discovered to get any beeps out of it.

Well.. as much as i like its OSX Compatibilty.. The DS3L honestly is a pretty {censored} motherboard (aside from its modern chipset). Now besides the DS3L, i have the Asus p5w DH deluxe, Asus p5b vm se, EVGA 680i.. these are all solid boards. I constantly Hotsplugged PCI cards in (sound cards, graphic cards, etc.) while the computer was still on. It worked no problem. With my DS3L.. while it was booting, it wasnt even in windows, i took out the sound card.... computer shut off.. didnt turn back on again. I had no ram in and i still didnt even get a Beep (which always happens when no ram is in). Quite a few people on this advanced computer forums told me to leave my cmos battery out overnight. I did that... but i already put my CPU/Ram/GFX card back into my EVGA 680i.. and back into my antec 900 case. So for the time being, i am to lazy to test it.. especially cause the Thermalright 120 extreme is a pain in the ass to get off and switch my cpu to another board.. cleaning the thermal paste and reapplying.. etc..

I plan to just buy the core 2 duo at 2ghz for 100 bucks.. OC to 3ghz on stock cooler. Buy 2gb of ram.. buy a cheap case.. and then buy one of the 7000 series from Nvidia. That way i will have My POWERPC (see comp 3 in specs) and a very reasonable (better than any imacs anyway) LeopardPC. And i wont have to worry about dual booting.. im going AHCI and GUID.

If my DS3L wont boot.. which will be unfortianate, i will just put it in my Asus p5b (broke my P5W DH LOL, tour up the bottom of it somehow.. wont boot very well.)

Thanks for this great guide. With some minor problems I was able to get it to work. Here my specs:

- GA-P35-DS3L F8a

- 2x2 GB Corsair TWIN2X4096-6400C5 (maxmem=3456)

- Intel E8400 3.0 GHz

- EVGA 7800GT 256MB Vram

- BenQ DC DQ60 IDE DVD Drive

- Maxtor 6V250F0 7200 250 GB (Windows XP)

- Segate ST3500630AS 7200 500 GB (Leopard)

I ran into two problems which I want to share:

1. Network:

The network worked out of the box. I could connect to the web. But I could not connect to Bonjour services, e.g. shared iTunes music, other Mac on the network. The solution was to install the RealTek1000.kext driver (Thanks SteveW25561). I think you should add this tip to your guide.

2. Boot loader:

My Windows XP installation is on my first hard drive and installed Leopard based on your guide on the second hard drive (MBR). On startup I can select which drive to boot from (BIOS F12). If I select drive one I can boot Windows, if I select drive two I get the Darwin bootloader and I can boot Leopard. Since this is a little bit complicated I found a tip to use the Windows XP boot loader to start the Darwin boot loader.

Here the link: Dual bootloader

I could not find the chain0 file in /usr/standalone/i386 as described in the topic. So I searched the web and was able to download the file. I copied it into the root of my Windows installation and modified the boot.ini file (C:\chain0="Mac OS x86"). No I can always boot from the first drive and use the Windows boot manger to boot Leopard on the second disk.

Great work!

Damn you have tons of hardware lying around.

The diffrence between ds3L and p35C-Ds3r is that it uses solid capasitors seems more solid board,but hey for something so cheap why even bother on spending more money

The one thing i learned over the years is that never mind how many times you can do things like hot plugging you can never know if it will short circuit the mobo.

So i hope that it will work tomorrow with the battery being out and all,even if its 60 bucks its still a shame :)

Well, i put all the work in and took out my motherboard. I got excited to get my hack running again (even though im typing from Hackintosh 2 in my sig)...but even with the cpu and ram in.. it did not boot. I am just gonna RMA and give some bull Shi* reason of why it broke (any suggestions?)

@ Master, thanks alot for your input. I never looked into the so called 'Chain0' method for dual booting (which i assume that is) I will find a way to integrate it with the guide. Also i will suggest that using the RTLR1000 kext gets bonjour services working.

@aanyone. Do you guys reccomend the 8600gt or 7600gt, both are in the same price range.. 7600 has better ratings.

Hi, I was finally successfull, with mtotho's guide and other questions asked here, I finally managed to install osx but I have the

following problems and questions: (Firstly system details for your reference)

MB: ASUS P5kc

Ram 4gig, 2 x 1 brand and 2 times another brand.

Graphic Card: HD2400PRO.

HARD DISK: 160GB SATA (can't remember the brand

Panasonic Matsu{censored}a DVDRW

(if you need any other info, please let me know)

1) I had downloaded Triakis_2400_2600...... file, so I installed that and graphics improved, I am using 19" screen and on initial install all icons were blurry and big. So I guess that is done?

2) I had downloaded ALC883_..... for my sound card, I am not sure if it's working. I put a dvd inside the machine, but it did not work. (and since I can't go on the net, so could not check youtube sound) I am really very new to system, so don't know how I can find out if the sound is working. So can you tell me how I can make sure if the sound is working or not and what will be the right to fix the sound problem, other than install the package.

3) a) I do not know how to configure leopard with cable / dsl modem, I would really appreciate some photos on how to get my network working. 3) B)I also looked around for a kext / .pkg for the builtin ethernet card, but I could not find any on this website. I know there are issues with this mobo's ethernet's cards, so I would appreciate some help.

4) After I installed the above 2 packages I also installed the "Restore_Factory_Desktop_Settings" , so I am not sure if I now manage to get a .pkg / kext driver and install it, if it will make my ethernet work?

5) Finally, during installion, I was not given a choice to save windows vista. Once I clicked on the harddisk and then partition and created new partition as mac os jourlaned, it took over the whole HD and erased vista system from it. Eventhough I had follow Mtotho's instructions on installing easybcd and had made a new entry for macosx boot, but i was left with no choice, either I could go ahead and install OSX or not.

I do seem to have followed all bios instructions as per your advise as well as for OSX installation, but I do remember that I could not change the IDE CONFIGURATION > CONFIGURE SATA AS (AHCI) i could not change this configuration to AHCI. though I am not use an IDE harddisk, so I don't think it should matter.

Please give whatever suggestion you can give. Thanks a lot in advance mates.

Hello.

I've searched almost all of the OSx86 10.5 forums and really can't get anywhere.

I've finished the installation (a clean, Leopard only installation), I get the Kernell screen, he starts Leopard, and then I get stuck at the "Gray 4 language restart screen".

It's the KALYWAY_LEO_10.5.1intel_SSE2_SSE3 installation.

I've tried the following

- Enable AHCI / Disable AHCI

- Enter "sudo nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist" in the terminal, in which case I get a sudo error.

- Tried to install on a GUID and MBR formated HDD (and changed the installation options appropriately)

On starting Leo with the -v command, he stops at the following

Mac OS Version:

Not yet set

Kernel version:

Darwin Kernel Version 0.0.0: Tue Oct 9 21:35:55 PDT 2007; root:xnu-1228~1/RELEASE_I386

BIOS settings

SATA RAID/AHCI Mode - Enabled

Onboard SATA/IDE Ctrl Mode - AHCI

ACPI - S3

Configuration

MBO GIGABYTE P35-DS3R

CPU INTEL Core2Quad Q6600

8gb RAM PC-6400, KINGMAX, DDR2 800 MHz

VGA PCI-E CONNECT3D ATI RADEON HD3850, 512MB DDR3

HDD 500.0 GB SAMSUNG, SATA

5 SATA devices

I'd really appreciate any help you may offer. Thank you in advance kind people of insanelymac.

Well, i put all the work in and took out my motherboard. I got excited to get my hack running again (even though im typing from Hackintosh 2 in my sig)...but even with the cpu and ram in.. it did not boot. I am just gonna RMA and give some bull Shi* reason of why it broke (any suggestions?)@ Master, thanks alot for your input. I never looked into the so called 'Chain0' method for dual booting (which i assume that is) I will find a way to integrate it with the guide. Also i will suggest that using the RTLR1000 kext gets bonjour services working.@aanyone. Do you guys reccomend the 8600gt or 7600gt, both are in the same price range.. 7600 has better ratings.
The question is how old is the mobo,i guess you cant tell them its DOA.You can just play dumb and say that one of the days you came and the computer wont work.If its still on warranty they cant even know whats wrong with it and they are not going to check to muchIf you want game performance then 8800GT 512 is the way to go 8600 was good but not good enough,its really small diffrence in cash but performance wise it overtakes 8800GTX sometimes. and it has full HD and other nice stuff in it :P
Hello.I've searched almost all of the OSx86 10.5 forums and really can't get anywhere.I've finished the installation, I get the Kernell screen, he starts Leopard, and then I get stuck at the "Gray 4 language restart screen".It's the KALYWAY_LEO_10.5.1intel_SSE2_SSE3 installation.I've tried the following- Enable AHCI / Disable AHCI- Enter "sudo nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist" in the terminal, in which case I get a sudo error.- Tried to install on a GUID and MBR formated HDD (and changed the installation options appropriately)On starting Leo with the -v command, he stops at the followingMac OS Version:Not yet setKernel version:Darwin Kernel Version 0.0.0: Tue Oct 9 21:35:55 PDT 2007; root:xnu-1228~1/RELEASE_I386BIOS settingsSATA RAID/AHCI Mode - EnabledOnboard SATA/IDE Ctrl Mode - AHCIACPI - S3ConfigurationMBO GIGABYTE P35-DS3RCPU INTEL Core2Quad Q66008gb RAM PC-6400, KINGMAX, DDR2 800 MHzVGA PCI-E CONNECT3D ATI RADEON HD3850, 512MB DDR3HDD 500.0 GB SAMSUNG, SATA5 SATA devicesI'd really appreciate any help you may offer. Thank you in advance kind people of insanelymac.
It looks like it might be the 8GB RAM.Try installing 4GB max and reboot see if it helps.BTW check if the settings in the BIOS are correct

It looks like it might be the 8GB RAM.Try installing 4GB max and reboot see if it helps.BTW check if the settings in the BIOS are correct

Hey. The computer got in yesterday and don't know if I want to open it and break my seal. BTW, one of the reasons I'm installing OSX is not to use 64bit XP or Vista, but rather OSX, and if I can't exploit them, then I'm installing 64bit xp :D

What BIOS settings do I need to recheck?

I've stated the three I've edited... + the thermal ones are disabled as well.

Well.. as much as i like its OSX Compatibilty.. The DS3L honestly is a pretty {censored} motherboard (aside from its modern chipset). Now besides the DS3L, i have the Asus p5w DH deluxe, Asus p5b vm se, EVGA 680i.. these are all solid boards. I constantly Hotsplugged PCI cards in (sound cards, graphic cards, etc.) while the computer was still on. It worked no problem. With my DS3L.. while it was booting, it wasnt even in windows, i took out the sound card.... computer shut off.. didnt turn back on again. I had no ram in and i still didnt even get a Beep (which always happens when no ram is in).

Wow, sorry to hear about your meltdown, but YIKES you like living dangerously - hotplugging PCI cards! Never heard of anyone doing that... :D

RE choice of graphic cards: IMHO unless you are a die-hard gamer with no other machine, go with the 7600 GT: it is tried and true with working GFX strings, etc...

regards,

ninetto

"""Please some help.. sorry for posting again.. really frustrated.. cos also no other system to run..using very old pc, everything takes ages to work.. """"

Hi, I was finally successfull, with mtotho's guide and other questions asked here, I finally managed to install osx but I have the

following problems and questions: (Firstly system details for your reference)

MB: ASUS P5kc

Ram 4gig, 2 x 1 brand and 2 times another brand.

Graphic Card: HD2400PRO.

HARD DISK: 160GB SATA (can't remember the brand

Panasonic Matsu{censored}a DVDRW

(if you need any other info, please let me know)

1) I had downloaded Triakis_2400_2600...... file, so I installed that and graphics improved, I am using 19" screen and on initial install all icons were blurry and big. So I guess that is done?

2) I had downloaded ALC883_..... for my sound card, I am not sure if it's working. I put a dvd inside the machine, but it did not work. (and since I can't go on the net, so could not check youtube sound) I am really very new to system, so don't know how I can find out if the sound is working. So can you tell me how I can make sure if the sound is working or not and what will be the right to fix the sound problem, other than install the package.

3) a) I do not know how to configure leopard with cable / dsl modem, I would really appreciate some photos on how to get my network working. 3) :D I also looked around for a kext / .pkg for the builtin ethernet card, but I could not find any on this website. I know there are issues with this mobo's ethernet's cards, so I would appreciate some help.

4) After I installed the above 2 packages I also installed the "Restore_Factory_Desktop_Settings" , so I am not sure if I now manage to get a .pkg / kext driver and install it, if it will make my ethernet work?

5) Finally, during installion, I was not given a choice to save windows vista. Once I clicked on the harddisk and then partition and created new partition as mac os jourlaned, it took over the whole HD and erased vista system from it. Eventhough I had follow Mtotho's instructions on installing easybcd and had made a new entry for macosx boot, but i was left with no choice, either I could go ahead and install OSX or not.

I do seem to have followed all bios instructions as per your advise as well as for OSX installation, but I do remember that I could not change the IDE CONFIGURATION > CONFIGURE SATA AS (AHCI) i could not change this configuration to AHCI. though I am not use an IDE harddisk, so I don't think it should matter.

Please give whatever suggestion you can give. Thanks a lot in advance mates.

The problem with Leo is that its a 32 bit system and there for you WILL have problems with 8GB of ram.

The most you can use with a 32bit system for now is 4GB of ram,to use more you'll need a 64bit system,you can try and install MAC OSX server but youll need to find the data on this forum regarding it since i have no knowledge about it at all.

The problem with Leo is that its a 32 bit system and there for you WILL have problems with 8GB of ram.

The most you can use with a 32bit system for now is 4GB of ram,to use more you'll need a 64bit system,you can try and install MAC OSX server but youll need to find the data on this forum regarding it since i have no knowledge about it at all.

Really? Doesn't OSx support more than gb? Is the version installed on MacPros the server version? Cause it allows up to 16gbs...

The network worked out of the box. I could connect to the web. But I could not connect to Bonjour services, e.g. shared iTunes music, other Mac on the network. The solution was to install the RealTek1000.kext driver (Thanks SteveW25561). I think you should add this tip to your guide.

2. Boot loader:

My Windows XP installation is on my first hard drive and installed Leopard based on your guide on the second hard drive (MBR). On startup I can select which drive to boot from (BIOS F12). If I select drive one I can boot Windows, if I select drive two I get the Darwin bootloader and I can boot Leopard. Since this is a little bit complicated I found a tip to use the Windows XP boot loader to start the Darwin boot loader.

Here the link: Dual bootloader

I could not find the chain0 file in /usr/standalone/i386 as described in the topic. So I searched the web and was able to download the file. I copied it into the root of my Windows installation and modified the boot.ini file (C:\chain0="Mac OS x86"). No I can always boot from the first drive and use the Windows boot manger to boot Leopard on the second disk.

Great work!

Thanks for the tips. I was able to find the chain0 file required here: http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Chain0. I was then able to easily boot up OSX as described.

However, probably coincidentally, after booting into OSX the first time using this method, my LAN connection stopped working. My LAN didn't work after my first OSX install, but after my 2nd attempt, it worked automatically and has worked for a few days after multiple reboots into XP and back into OSX. Now it no longer works. Really strange. Any ideas? Thanks. LAN works just fine if I boot back into XP.

EDIT: I had installed OSX with my LAN Boot Rom turned on. I had turned it off sometime yesterday because it increased my boot time a bit. It worked fine, but I thought I might flip it back on and see what happened. My LAN connection then started working again. Weird.

I think it is the server version which is 64bit.In windows its the same problem you cant go over 4GB of ram and the system wont see past 3.5GB.you have two options either try install with 4GB or get a server version and try it out

"""Please some help.. sorry for posting again.. really frustrated.. cos also no other system to run..using very old pc, everything takes ages to work.. """"Hi, I was finally successfull, with mtotho's guide and other questions asked here, I finally managed to install osx but I have the following problems and questions: (Firstly system details for your reference)MB: ASUS P5kcRam 4gig, 2 x 1 brand and 2 times another brand. Graphic Card: HD2400PRO.HARD DISK: 160GB SATA (can't remember the brandPanasonic Matsu{censored}a DVDRW(if you need any other info, please let me know)1) I had downloaded Triakis_2400_2600...... file, so I installed that and graphics improved, I am using 19" screen and on initial install all icons were blurry and big. So I guess that is done? 2) I had downloaded ALC883_..... for my sound card, I am not sure if it's working. I put a dvd inside the machine, but it did not work. (and since I can't go on the net, so could not check youtube sound) I am really very new to system, so don't know how I can find out if the sound is working. So can you tell me how I can make sure if the sound is working or not and what will be the right to fix the sound problem, other than install the package. 3) a) I do not know how to configure leopard with cable / dsl modem, I would really appreciate some photos on how to get my network working. 3) ;) I also looked around for a kext / .pkg for the builtin ethernet card, but I could not find any on this website. I know there are issues with this mobo's ethernet's cards, so I would appreciate some help. 4) After I installed the above 2 packages I also installed the "Restore_Factory_Desktop_Settings" , so I am not sure if I now manage to get a .pkg / kext driver and install it, if it will make my ethernet work? 5) Finally, during installion, I was not given a choice to save windows vista. Once I clicked on the harddisk and then partition and created new partition as mac os jourlaned, it took over the whole HD and erased vista system from it. Eventhough I had follow Mtotho's instructions on installing easybcd and had made a new entry for macosx boot, but i was left with no choice, either I could go ahead and install OSX or not. I do seem to have followed all bios instructions as per your advise as well as for OSX installation, but I do remember that I could not change the IDE CONFIGURATION > CONFIGURE SATA AS (AHCI) i could not change this configuration to AHCI. though I am not use an IDE harddisk, so I don't think it should matter.Please give whatever suggestion you can give. Thanks a lot in advance mates.
I'm not sure this belogns to this thread since this thread is regarding gigabyte board and people posting here regarding problems with their gigabyte boards so i cant be specific about your mobo.There are lost of threads here reading the ACL883 audio you can get the kexts to make it work,to test it just try to play a mp3 file you have it will run in Itunes and youll see if the sound is working also you can check you system profiler under sound and see if you have any sound options there or everything is greyed out.The vista issue is that you didnt partition your disk properly,you can do it in diskutility inside Leo just resize your partition and make a second one for your vista installYou can use darwin to dual boot macos+vista,after installing macos just make a second partition which is fat32 in diskutility and then just boot into the vista install and install vista to that second partition.Regading your ethernet problems,which ethernet chip does your mobo have since gigabyte P35 mobos come with realtek chip and works in most cases out of the box no tweaking required

Where did you get the idea that it cannot use 8gb of ram it works fine on my system with it and on my spare system with 4gb in it when it had an IDE device powered on I would get the kernel panic grey screen under heavy load without an IDE device powered on the panics went away. Oh and I have my board set to 64bit in both machines and OSX installs fine with any other OS trying to install with a 32bit disk when set this way results in a no install kernel panics/BSOD unless it is set to 32bit so unless OSX has some kind of magic going on that linux and windows does not then it is running in 64bit mode.

Great guide, I have a Gigabyte GA-G33M-s2h mATX board.

Maybe you can answer this question.

After installing Kalway 10.5.1 Guid on Sep drive, now my XP machine gives a winlogon.exe blue screen. I have restored to an earlier image with Acronis and it still gives the error.

I do have Leopard on a separate IDE drive, the other 2 drives are SATA. Short of Reinstalling the entire OS, is there anything else that can be done to relieve this error. I think it has to do with the IDE drive being 1st drive shown. It is master on the IDE channel. Not sure what to do from here, since this is my 3rd asking this question on this forum with 0 help.

Thanks

If I have AHCI enabled and try to rip a DVD with Mac the Ripper from the JMicron PATA, i get a kernel panic every time. I am starting to feel very limited with this board.... with 4 GB Ram, it seems I only have 2 usable sata ports and zero pata ports. Does anyone know of an add-on card for Pata or Sata that works with Kalyway?

Geese, im gone for 1 seconds and there is a ton of problems.

@8gb of ram issue. LEopard can have up to 64gb of ram. The fact that it can have 4gb of ram tells you it can have 8gb and it is a 64bit os. Windows 32bit CANNOT see more than 2.25 gb of ram.

@Larry, do you have AHCI enabled?

@Mohkahn. Onboard lan DOES not work for your board. There is currently no fix that i know of for that board. You must use an alternative.

to test audio, go to System preferences, sound, and see if u can see anything in there, press on the different sounds and see if it makes sounds. There is a fix for your audio on the Kalyway dvd.

About you destroying your vista partition. I clearly stated to use vista, windows, or some thirdparty program to partition your hard drive. You cannot just expect the crappy disk utility in leopard to magically partition your drives for you. Im sorry, i will try to make it more clear in the guide. AHCI is not that important. You should be able to get a perfect install from that board (minus the Internet). Just buy a $7 SUPPORTED NIC card from newegg or something.

@Blackdude. Thanks for the extremely detailed list of problems and list of what you did. Let me get this clear. You can install leopard correctly, you restart and when you boot into the os you get the Panic? I am not completely sure what the cause is, aside from maybe faulty hardware. It isnt bad advice, only using 1gb of ram to test it out. You should be able to get alll 8gb in there, but maybe one stick is faulty.

BTW, is your video card supported, as in, does it have kexts for it? I dont think that is the problem, but i am just wondering. Also In the kalyway install, you did not choose any extras right? Just vanilla, the fix, and GUID or MBR. Try again without Vanilla (after you have exausted all other possibilities).

@anybody else. Thanks for the suggestions on Video cards, but i really just want a cheap one (around $100 bucks) the 8800gt is 200+. I dont plan to game on this computer.. if you look at comp3 in my sig, i already have a computer with equivalent cards to the 8800gt In SLi.

edit: Actually, to save some money, i may just use one of the 8800gts in a new build for the time being.

Oké guys, almost a first time for me here, trying to explain what´s going on in here!

First of all, my PC specs:

Gigabyte P965-DS3

C2D E6420

3GB of Kingston Value (667 - PC2-5300)

Samsung T166 - 160GB

LiteON LH-20A1S

I set the BIOS just like it is in the opening post, and I inserted the usual Kalaway 1.5.1 disk. I formatted my harddrive, with vanilla+ahci fix, the audio driver for DS3 (hoped it would work, guess not), and left the rest blank.

Installed perfectly, and booted into Leopard. Installed the nvidia G80 only kext, now on my normal resolution, perfect!

However, I can only boot with the Leopard disc in the computer, how weird is that! If I remove the DVD, I get the usual b0 error, and the computers halts. So, i've googled my problem, and it seems that you can fix it with this information:

After I do the whole:

start with the installation disk

at darwin prompt, press F8, then input -v -s and stroke return

now wait for console (the shell #)

when the shell is ready, enter fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0

it will load fdisk, you should see:

fdisk 1>

with a prompt.

Here enter "flag 1″ (without quotes) and then return

then enter "quit" (w/o quotes) and then return

it should says "MBR saved"

now type "exit" (again, w/o quotes) and return

But the problem here is that I can't press F8 when he is reading the DVD (the Darwin menu). I just keep pressing it, but the message of Darwin is a real 'fly-by', it just happens to fast AND it doesn't respond to me hitting F8.

So, conclusion, I was hoping one of you had the same problem, and has a solution for the problem.

I checked the Disk Utility btw, and I saw that the partition-scheme is set to MBR. However I selected GUID_EFI while installing, so I guess it didn't change anything. Might that be the problem, that I need to reinstall with MBR_EFI?

@Blackdude. Thanks for the extremely detailed list of problems and list of what you did. Let me get this clear. You can install leopard correctly, you restart and when you boot into the os you get the Panic? I am not completely sure what the cause is, aside from maybe faulty hardware. It isnt bad advice, only using 1gb of ram to test it out. You should be able to get alll 8gb in there, but maybe one stick is faulty.

BTW, is your video card supported, as in, does it have kexts for it? I dont think that is the problem, but i am just wondering. Also In the kalyway install, you did not choose any extras right? Just vanilla, the fix, and GUID or MBR. Try again without Vanilla (after you have exausted all other possibilities).

Right, I fully installed Leopard, got the big green tick, told me restart the computer, only to get the Restart 4lang screen over and over. I don't know if my card is supported actually, I'll check it out.

I think I did choose the ATI drivers offered.

I'm gonna do the reinstall twice more, once with the vanilla, fix, GUID and once with only the fix and GUID, right?

thanks for the help (and clearing the gb mess).

first of all black dude, do not select any ati drivers in the customize options. Also dont just choose the fix, either choose vanilla/ and the fix, of neither. Also try i dont think guid or mbr is the problem, it seems ur booting correctly.

@max, you can edit the system profiler to say whatever u want, but who really cares. mine didnt have it either

@oscar, well if you look at the question/answer at the end of my guide, yo will see

Question: Upon booting, I receive 'B0_error'

Answer: You have installed Leopard no regard to change the customize settings thoroughly enough. Your partition is most likely formatted as MBR, and you chose the default option in customize 'GUID_EFI' rather than 'MBR_EFI' or vice versa. Also, make sure your drive is S-Ata, and is on port 0 or 1 (If AHCI is enabled). Make sure it is set to boot in bios (unless you use vista Boot loader, or some alternate configuration.

first of all black dude, do not select any ati drivers in the customize options. Also dont just choose the fix, either choose vanilla/ and the fix, of neither. Also try i dont think guid or mbr is the problem, it seems ur booting correctly.

ok, i'm not selecting any drivers, and will try w/vanilla and without.

tnx, will let you know.

Also, are my BIOS settings OK, do i need to select anything else?