[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

macgirl

4,332 posts in this topic

Just to make sure we're talking about the same thing:

works: Drag codec dump onto HDAPatcher application icon, while HDAPatcher is not running.

does not work: Launch HDAPatcher. Windows opens. Either dragging codec dump into HDAPatcher Window or HDAPatcher application icon does not work.

Did you try the first way?

No I was doing it the second way! My apologies, it works completely now with reboot! Thanks

Hi macgirl,

Would you be able to walk me through the steps of manually applying the kext for ClamshellDisplay.kext on my m1330 (the tutorial is unclear)? I am unsure how to apply the kext properly so that when my lid closes, it will sleep.

Thanks for your help once again!

If you don't know how to install a kext, you can use kext helper or OSX86 Tools, they are GUI apps.

Also see this guid, there is a section: How do I install kexts (Kernel Extensions)?

macgirl, great directions thanks

Here was my question to which release was that was 10.5.2 or 10.5.3 the best to use on a dell. Did some more research on the internet and tried two and answer my own question. Here as my result to help others. Tried iAtkos 2 did not work for me stuck at boot screen. Kalyway works but have to fix or install kext to get everything working. As for Leo4all i have not tried yet.

I have no problems with 10.5.3, some say they have better results with 10.5.2. 10.5.3 should work if you have some kexts from 10.5.2 (primary Nvidia kexts).

What would I do to fix it? Anyone have an idea? And it only happens in the GUI, I can use it at the boot screen and when I install the OS.

In the Leo4All WIKI there is a guide to fix it.

It works at boot beause the OS is not loaded yet, since Leo4All installed the Vanilla AppleACPIPlatform.kext that lacks the support of PS2 recognition, so you need to add ACPIPS2Nub.kext that allows ApplePS2Controller.kext to be loaded.

If you don't know how to install a kext, you can use kext helper or OSX86 Tools, they are GUI apps.

Also see this guid, there is a section: How do I install kexts (Kernel Extensions)?

I have no problems with 10.5.3, some say they have better results with 10.5.2. 10.5.3 should work if you have some kexts from 10.5.2 (primary Nvidia kexts).

In the Leo4All WIKI there is a guide to fix it.

It works at boot beause the OS is not loaded yet, since Leo4All installed the Vanilla AppleACPIPlatform.kext that lacks the support of PS2 recognition, so you need to add ACPIPS2Nub.kext that allows ApplePS2Controller.kext to be loaded.

Sorry macgirl,

Should have researched more. For the newbies like me, use Kext Helper b7....installed fine and sleep works now! Thanks!

I installed Leo4All v3 then Kalway 10.5.3 and now my dvdrw on my Inspiron 1525 isnt working. Which files do I need to get it working again? I though all I had to do was just add the kext for my intel board but that didnt work apparently.

Macgirl,

I just installed iATKos 2.0i, which is 10.5.2 and using vanilla everything with 9.2.2 kernel shutdown and restart works.

I'm going to update to 10.5.3 and see if it still works, then I'll progressively keep testing it as I enable sound etc.

Macgirl,

I just installed iATKos 2.0i, which is 10.5.2 and using vanilla everything with 9.2.2 kernel shutdown and restart works.

I'm going to update to 10.5.3 and see if it still works, then I'll progressively keep testing it as I enable sound etc.

Hey loonsta:

I agree (shutdown and restart)...you will lose this functionality if (and when) you update the video drivers. It is inevitable and there's no fix at this point.

9.3.0 Darwin Kernel Version 9.3.0: Fri May 23 00:49:16 PDT 2008; root:xnu-1228.5.18~1/RELEASE_I386 i386

the SPP I copied just from 10.5.3 combo update

Edit:

in the combo update there is no file SPProperties.plist.

So I don't know where it came from.

I saw that sometimes the update does not replace that file somehow, so try installing manually with Pacifist.

the right path and pathe is:

/System/Library/SystemProfiler/SPPlatformReporter.spreporter

there are the strings that display the name and model on the System Profiler.

The Model Name and ID aren't correct.

How do I change it?

Actually the model-id is correct. Your motherboard manufacturer didn´t set a name for you. Modelname is not changeable without editing system profiler files, it cant be set externally. If you want another model-id you have to change the kernel, edit your bios or make/get an app that will change it.

Of course is there, if it was on 10.5.1 and 10.5.2 updates is there because combo means that has all the updates included.

See the proof:

Picture_16.png

Also I knew it because I replaced my modded SPPlatformReporter from the combo update when chun-nan and Superhai hame with vanilla AppleSMBIOS enablers.

First of all is not SPProperties.plist, second, you can't open a package like a normal files because the real files that will be installed are on a compacted file called Archive.pax.gz and the Builds of Materials are on a file called Archive.bom, you need to use Pacifist (see the picture), on resources are other files that the Installer Application use to make changes in the files or the system.

Anyway, there will be no difference, Superhai already told you why is happening.

Macgirl,

An addition to the "Guide to update to 10.5.2 or 10.5.3:" section...

If you have iATKOS 2.0i installed you need to update the following kexts first as the iATKOS versions are old.

• IOAHCIFamily.kext (iATKOS 2.0i version is 1.0.3, Kalyway 10.5.2 version is 1.0.4)
  • AppleAHCIPort.kext (iATKOS 2.0i version is 1.0.7, Kalyway 10.5.2 version is 1.5.1)

Once you have updated these you can install vanilla 10.5.3 update following the rest of the instructions and you will not get the the error related to AppleAHCIPort:

AppleAHCIPort is not compatible with its superclass, 10IOAHCIPort superclass changed?

Failed to load extension com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort.

Couldn’t alloc class “AppleAHCI”

Hi there,

So the update to 10.5.3 was a bit painful, but I think I understand what I needed to do. I finally got it to work from this thread!! I installed with iAtkosv2.0i and only selected stock 9.2.2 kernel, then did the Kalyway combo update and sonotone's 0.3.1 installer, I am left with one device not working and it is my audio. When I sleep the laptop and get back to the desktop it still isn't there (I've heard this will get the audio to work). I tried doing the audio through the installer, and then repairing permissions and rebooting and still nothing. From there, I tried using kext helper and installing the 2 kext files in a folder, I think they were ALCinject.kext and AppleHDA.kext from the first post of the thread that reference audio, repairing permissions, and rebooting. Still nothing, am I doing something wrong? I am using Vanilla Kernel 9.3.0 and 10.5.3

EDIT: My audio output in the system prefs sound tab show I have HD Audio output, just nothing through the speakers. I also added my audio/midi sound tab showing HD audio output.

post-189386-1214103006_thumb.png

post-189386-1214103069_thumb.png

Thanks loonsta, I will edit the 1st post to include that.

jxa4508, regularly when HD Audio Output appear in the Ouput tab mean tha AppleAzaliaAudio.kext is instaled, deleted it and reboot.

The Path could be: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

Thanks loonsta, I will edit the 1st post to include that.

jxa4508, regularly when HD Audio Output appear in the Ouput tab mean tha AppleAzaliaAudio.kext is instaled, deleted it and reboot.

The Path could be: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

I ended up deleting from 2 locations

Location 1: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

Location 2: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

I then repaired permissions, rebooted, now when I sleep the laptop and it comes out of sleep, the audio works! Thanks! I do notice though that my battery meter now is stuck on "calculating" and I am having higher CPU usage then before, for example having around 65-85% on each core, while the system is idling. I also seem to notice a few things open "sluggish" mainly programs like itunes and such. Maybe it's a mental thing, but would the audio kexts affect these issues at all? Thanks for the audio help!

Hi there,

I tried the 10.5.3 update several times in my Vostro 1500. Finally I got it, but the keyboard and the trackpad are non-functionally. Is there a solution to it?

I found that the netkas guide is ok to use on Vostro 1500 (of course with the described issue).

I installed the iATKOS 2.0i, which works great with nvinject, stock 9.2.2 kernel and Batterymeter, but I can't launch Adium, this is why I wanted to upgrade to 10.5.3. Are there any realeases with 10.5.3 yet? Or is there a release form which you can update easily or has advantages to iATKOS?

One more question: Is there already a slolution to get the internal mic working? Theres no solution for the SD-Card-Reader, I read that, also there's this shutdown/restart bug. And finally, he does'nt recognizes my Intel-agn-WLAN-card. I searched several times for it, I know theres a driver in develepment, but what's your opinion, is there a chance that this driver finally is released? I searched for this in 2007 and for my the develeopment looks alike now.

Hi there,

I tried the 10.5.3 update several times in my Vostro 1500. Finally I got it, but the keyboard and the trackpad are non-functionally. Is there a solution to it?

I found that the netkas guide is ok to use on Vostro 1500 (of course with the described issue).

I installed the iATKOS 2.0i, which works great with nvinject, stock 9.2.2 kernel and Batterymeter, but I can't launch Adium, this is why I wanted to upgrade to 10.5.3. Are there any realeases with 10.5.3 yet? Or is there a release form which you can update easily or has advantages to iATKOS?

One more question: Is there already a slolution to get the internal mic working? Theres no solution for the SD-Card-Reader, I read that, also there's this shutdown/restart bug. And finally, he does'nt recognizes my Intel-agn-WLAN-card. I searched several times for it, I know theres a driver in develepment, but what's your opinion, is there a chance that this driver finally is released? I searched for this in 2007 and for my the develeopment looks alike now.

X4, if you search a few pages back, I had the same problem with adium, there is an easy fix for it, it consists of going into the terminal and typing a few lines of code. I wanna say it is page 65 and posts # 1291 and 1293. As far as the intel card, just go with the Dell 1505 wireless if ya can. Its a real winner and less than $50.00 on ebay.

Concerning my probs with battery meter - works now and CPU has calmed down, so disregard that post. I think the computer needed a few charges/deaths with the battery to understand its capacity.