[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

macgirl

4,332 posts in this topic

I did not erase .mkext file. when the keyboard stopped working so did the trackpad. I was navigating using a bluetooth mouse and onscreen keyboard to make changes.

I installed the ApplePS2Keyboard.kext in /System/Library/Extensions

I also noticed getting an error for ACPIPS2NUB

dscn0966cz7.th.jpg

Is weird because your trackpad is working.

Where did you install the ApplePS2Keyboard.kext?

Did you erase the Extensions.mkext?

I did not erase .mkext file. when the keyboard stopped working so did the trackpad. I was navigating using a bluetooth mouse and onscreen keyboard to make changes.

I installed the ApplePS2Keyboard.kext in /System/Library/Extensions

I also noticed getting an error for ACPIPS2NUB

you cannot install ApplePS2Keyboard directly in Extensions folder, but that is no the reason ofloosing KB and TrackPad.

The correct path ofr the ApplePS2Keyboard.kext is /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/Plugins

Maybe your ACPIPS2Nub has the worng bundled versions, here is the one I use with 10.5.4 (that worked on .3 and .2 also)

ACPIPS2Nub.kext.zip

Sorry, My Bad there was a rouge ApplePS2Nub hanging around in the Extensions folder. Got rid of it and then rebooted and it was all good. So to get the media keys working do I need to put the ApplePS2Control.kext in the plugins folder eh.

Has anyone got any luck trying to get vlc running, Each time I try to play a file it crashes on me and I cannot play anything on it.

Thanks a lot for all the help Macgirl.

ApplePS2Cotroller is the whole PS2 Driver, it includes inside its Plugins directory the Keyboard, Mouse and Trackpad kexts.

So if you want the media keys you need to replace the ApplePS2Keyboard only.

I always use "the vanilla". Right now 9.4.0 kernel.

Mr. Superhai, do you know why ACPIBattery sometimes doesn't initialize properly at startup? I get the battery icon now and then, but sometimes the Mac states that there is no battery installed even though System Profiler is saying the complete opposite.

This is with vanilla PowerManagement bundle and ACPIPlatform.

Ok, so maybe this is completely unrelated to the last few posts. But here is where I stand with my XPS M1530:

Running Leopard 10.5.4 vanilla via BrazilMac patched DVD and PC EFI v8

Shutdown/reboot - not working (as stated at the beginning of the guide)

Accelerated Graphics - working with NVinstaller 5.2

Sleep - working

Battery meter - working

Wireless - working with Dell 1390 wireless card

Media Keys - working with sonotone Dell Package

Audio - only speakers work after putting to sleep, with kexts at the beginning of this post

My question is this: is there a way to get the headphone jack working again? For some odd reason when I originally installed Leopard (10.5), at the first reboot after installing the audio kexts, both the speakers and the left headphone jack worked. Now, only the speakers work. Is there a different AppleHDA.kext for the M1530 that will resolve this issue or is it caused by updating to 10.5.4? If anyone has fully working audio, please post a link to the kext file you used and/or the solution. Thanks.

That's weird, you guys have all this battery menu talk showing up, but all I had to do, was unplugged my power after I installed osx and it automatically turned from a desktop to laptop configuration and added the battery menu. Any ideas?

But my question is.. If I install 10.5.4 combo update, will that mean I will have vanilla kernel 9.4.0 installed?

vanilla and lower speed without speedstep ?

is there a way to run vanilla, with sleep/wake and lower speed,

to conserve battery ?

is the fan always running ? some sort of fancontrol be nice ...

I can't seem to get my gfx working properly. When I try the nvinstall_v.52 i get an error that says nvinjectgo was installed incorrecly, redownlading it and installing again or manually installing with pacifist does nothing. I tried using dell package.0.3.2 but that also gives me the same error with nvinjectgo.kext install incorrectly :P

After reverting everything back to the defualt 10.5.4 kexts, I tried using efi strings for the first time, got my screen working somewhat, but now quartz extreme doesn't work :blink:

This is from the system profiler

Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT:

Chipset Model:	Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT
 Type:	Display
 Bus:	PCIe
 PCIe Lane Width:	x16
 VRAM (Total):	256 MB
 Vendor:	NVIDIA (0x10de)
 Device ID:	0x0407
 Revision ID:	0x00a1
 ROM Revision:	Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT OpenGL Engine [EFI]
 Displays:
Display:
 Resolution:	1920 x 1200
 Depth:	32-bit Color
 Core Image:	Software
 Main Display:	Yes
 Mirror:	Off
 Online:	Yes
 Quartz Extreme:	Not Supported
 QuartzGL:	Supported
Display Connector:

and this is what I think im turning into hex code to put into my boot.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>
			<dict>
			<key>@0,compatible</key>
			<string>NVDA,NVMac</string>
			<key>@0,device_type</key>
			<string>display</string>
			<key>@0,name</key>
			<string>NVDA,Display-A</string>
			<key>@1,compatible</key>
			<string>NVDA,NVMac</string>
			<key>@1,device_type</key>
			<string>display</string>
			<key>@1,name</key>
			<string>NVDA,Display-B</string>
			<key>NVCAP</key>
			<data>
			BAAAAAAAAwAMAAAAAAAABwAAAAA=
			</data>
			<key>NVPM</key>
			<data>
			AQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA==
			</data>
			<key>VRAM,totalsize</key>
			<data>
			AAAAEA==
			</data>
			<key>device_type</key>
			<string>NVDA,Parent</string>
			<key>model</key>
			<string>Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT</string>
			<key>name</key>
			<string>display</string>
			<key>rom-revision</key>
			<string>Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT OpenGL Engine [EFI]</string>
			</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

I'm using EFISudio to do this, I must be somewhat close with how things are set up since it is detecting the correct resolutions on my m1530, just doesn't have the quartz extreme that it should. If the hex code that I have would help I can post it, it just seemed to be pointless if the text above is just being converted to it.

I can't seem to get my gfx working properly. When I try the nvinstall_v.52 i get an error that says nvinjectgo was installed incorrecly, redownlading it and installing again or manually installing with pacifist does nothing. I tried using dell package.0.3.2 but that also gives me the same error with nvinjectgo.kext install incorrectly :P

After reverting everything back to the defualt 10.5.4 kexts, I tried using efi strings for the first time, got my screen working somewhat, but now quartz extreme doesn't work :blink:

I'm using EFISudio to do this, I must be somewhat close with how things are set up since it is detecting the correct resolutions on my m1530, just doesn't have the quartz extreme that it should. If the hex code that I have would help I can post it, it just seemed to be pointless if the text above is just being converted to it.

I have the same prob with 10.5.3+ Nvidia kext's and EFI string, QE/CI isn't enabled.

You have to either revert back to the 10.5.2 Nvidia kext's or use NVinject/NVkush with modified IOProbeScore at 0.

Mr. Superhai, do you know why ACPIBattery sometimes doesn't initialize properly at startup? I get the battery icon now and then, but sometimes the Mac states that there is no battery installed even though System Profiler is saying the complete opposite.

This is with vanilla PowerManagement bundle and ACPIPlatform.

There is a reason why I call it a beta :P If it is not working or partly working, please post the log (grep ACPIBattery /var/log/system.log) (and check that it includes a full log because sometimes it restarts the log due to length) I have a few points to implement before it is finished. I especially need to see what happens in the log if the state changes to something unexpected (like it thinks there are no batteries etc)

Anyways I am going on two weeks of vacation so not many updates in the meantime.

What should I do about all the nvinjectgo.kext's failing?

Edit: guess I can try the nvinjectgo .20 version, though its strange why we can't add some line to the efi code that would simple do the same thing as the ioprobescore change in the injector.

There is a reason why I call it a beta :P If it is not working or partly working, please post the log (grep ACPIBattery /var/log/system.log) (and check that it includes a full log because sometimes it restarts the log due to length) I have a few points to implement before it is finished. I especially need to see what happens in the log if the state changes to something unexpected (like it thinks there are no batteries etc) Anyways I am going on two weeks of vacation so not many updates in the meantime.

It would appear that there is no difference in the logs when the Battery fails to be recognized within the OS randomly.

I have attached them anyways just in-case you find it useful :blink:

What should I do about all the nvinjectgo.kext's failing?Edit: guess I can try the nvinjectgo .20 version, though its strange why we can't add some line to the efi code that would simple do the same thing as the ioprobescore change in the injector.

Read my post again, it explains what to do.

It is a shame though, you're right, maybe there will be an EFI solution eventually.

Not_Working.rtf

Working.rtf

hello everyone! i am working on a Dell Vostro 200 at the moment, just wondering if anyone can help me on my display problem here is the device id 0x29c2 im not sure if it's a GMA1300

any guidance will be much appreciated

If I just want to update to 10.5.3 and 10.5.4 can I just use software update if I want to move to a vanilla kernel for the Dell M1530, or am I asking for possible reboot/lockup issues?

I don't mind re-installing kexts after the fact, just figured as long as I can reboot and get back in that would be easiest.

I installed with Iatkos 2.0i which I believe automatically used EFI. Since the Dell M1530 is SSE3 Intel I figure it's out of the box compatible with Vanilla kernels and Mac updates.

Is this a bad idea? If so, what's the better way I can update my 10.5.2 up to 10.5.4 vanilla?

Thanks....

If I just want to update to 10.5.3 and 10.5.4 can I just use software update if I want to move to a vanilla kernel for the Dell M1530, or am I asking for possible reboot/lockup issues?

I don't mind re-installing kexts after the fact, just figured as long as I can reboot and get back in that would be easiest.

I installed with Iatkos 2.0i which I believe automatically used EFI. Since the Dell M1530 is SSE3 Intel I figure it's out of the box compatible with Vanilla kernels and Mac updates.

Is this a bad idea? If so, what's the better way I can update my 10.5.2 up to 10.5.4 vanilla?

Thanks....

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=802081

This is pretty much the best way.

The only things you need to worry about are: backing up your kext's, removing AppleIntelCPUManagement.kext, editing InstallAtStartup script to kextload dsmos.kext, then after restart, put your patched AppleHDA.kext back and 10.5.2 Nvidia kext's NV* Ge* to restore QE/CI.

OpenGL.Framework doesn't need to be replaced.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=802081

This is pretty much the best way.

The only things you need to worry about are: backing up your kext's, removing AppleIntelCPUManagement.kext, editing InstallAtStartup script to kextload dsmos.kext, then after restart, put your patched AppleHDA.kext back and 10.5.2 Nvidia kext's NV* Ge* to restore QE/CI.

OpenGL.Framework doesn't need to be replaced.

You don't need to remove AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement anymore (may not even need to edit the script), just use IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext.

hey.

I read the Tutorial in the first page, and i checked with the Inspiron 1525 that i want to buy. and i understand that i can make everything work with some kext installing...

but just for be sure before i buy this notebook, am i right about this? Is there drivers for all the parts?

15.4-inch WXGA (1280 x 800) CCFL TrueLife (glossy) screen

2.0GHz Core 2 Duo T7250 processor

2GB DDR2-667 SDRAM (up to 4GB DDR2 SDRAM available)

120GB 5400 RPM SATA HDD

8x Dual-layer DVD±RW drive

Video: Intel Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator X3100

Wireless: Dell Wireless 1390 802.11g Mini Card

Mobile Broadband: Dell Wireless integrated mobile broadband mini-cards Sprint and Verizon serice

Media Card: 8-in-1 flash memory reader

Input and Output Ports: 4 USB 2.0, HDMI, VGA, IEEE 1394a, RJ11, RJ45, 2 headphone, 1 microphone, 1 ExpressCard 54mm slot, 3 mini-card slots, consumer IR, S-Video

+ plus i didn't find out if there is a support drivers for the HDMI,S-Video,card slots and the IR Receiver

and what is the best version to install for that system?

thanks very much! :wacko:

ho and btw - Happy 4 of july!! -_-

You don't need to remove AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement anymore (may not even need to edit the script), just use IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext.

Good to know :wacko:

Editing the startup script is compulsory if you want your system to actually boot properly after the combo update, though.

What should I do about all the nvinjectgo.kext's failing?

Edit: guess I can try the nvinjectgo .20 version, though its strange why we can't add some line to the efi code that would simple do the same thing as the ioprobescore change in the injector.

I suggest trying to use version 0.31, it was the one I used first and worked great, I reformatted and tried using 0.32, got the same error as you, and now I use 0.31 and it works, so whatever it is in 0.31 it works (at least for the M1330)