[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

macgirl

4,332 posts in this topic

First i would like to thank's all the user of this board especially macgirl and sonotone for their work

(I was totaly noob when i discover the hackintosh world)

After reading and reading this board i learn enouth to get a near perfect leopard Dell M1330...

But since today i can't get my Dell True Mobile 1390 card to work :D

So here is my step by step tuto

Bios A11 (I have activated all the option (AHCI - Cellular....) only the wifi switch is set to "None"

First i install the wifi card on the WLAN slot and let the WWAN slot empty

Then i install iatkos v1.0i r2 (10.5.1) with the efi (efi - stock kernel - stock acpi....) and nothing else (all the wireless fix don't work for me)

After the install OS X doesnt recognize the 1390 card :D

so i install : efi v8 => Kalyway combo update 10.5.2 with vanilla kernel 9.2.0 => Sound => Graphic Card (Nvidia 8400)

Finaly i remove the 1390 card from WLAN slot and plug it in the WWAN slot

Power up this baby and now the card is recognized as an airport card :D

can someone please help me out?

i have tried installing 10.5.3 but all in vain. here is what i did so far:

1- installed iatokos 1 then kalaway 10..5.2 update then again kalaway 10.5.3 update. it failed.

2- installed iatokos 1 then then kalaway 10.5.3 update. it failed.

3- installed iatokos 2.0i then kalaway 10.5.3. it failed i tried with 9.2.3 kernels and 9.2.2 kernels but all in vain.

my specs re m1530 2.2 Core 2 Duo 4gb ram with nvidia 8600

can someone help me what i need to do in order to install 10.5.3 successfully?

one more thing i did notice which is that the external mouse is not as responsive as its in windows? is it because of mac or may be my mouse is not properly detected by mac?

Thanks you guys. You have made this topic an awesome family

macgirl,

What i did was bought retail Leopard install DVD and made an image of it, then restored it to a partition on my hard drive. I then installed PC_EFI v8 on the partition were the leopard install files are. I added dsmos.kext and AppleSMBios.kext to the Extensions folder. I had to remove AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, all GMA3100 kexts and intergratedframebuffer.kext. After i did that i was able to boot into the Leopard Installer. I then installed Leopard to another Hard Drive. Once leopard was done installing, I added and deleted all the same kext's as i did for the Leopard installer partition, were the installer files are located.

Mac_Attack12: I did something similar, I installed Leopard Retail on an External Disk with a real Mac, the I delete AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, installed dsmos.kext an other kexts (for the M1330 but those aren't need for boot) replaced AppleHDA.kext (also no need to boot) and it dind't boot, so I installed Chameleon as bootloader, I used the steps on the 1st post for "how to manually add the bootloader", but also it could be done with PC~Wiz's OSX Tools to add the bootloader.

Since the retail installation does not install a bootloader for non Mac you need to do it separately, also iAtkos can install the bootloader only, I didn't try it with other DVD like Kalyway or Leo4All.

M Y Awan: Something similar happened to me on my AMD rig, but booting with a 9.2 kernel did the job.

Thanks, Superhai, you were very active :P

So if I have the Vanilla ACPIPlatform and I installed AppleACPIPowerSource.kext inside the plugins directory I could get rid of it?

EDIT:

I deleted AppleACPIPowerSource, installed ACPIBattery.

Battery status works fine with AC adapter attached, percentage and Time calculation are displayed.

But on Battery it stays on (Calculating) on Time, Percentage is shown fine.

EDIT2:

Also I can't change between Energy profiles, "Better Battery Life" is selected by default.

EDIT3:

On shutdown a Kernel Panic appears with Battery only.

To All M1530 Owners who upgraded to 10.5.3

Please can anyone write step by step installation/update guide for 10.5.3 using iAtokos v2.0i and kalaway 10.5.3

i waisted hours for 10.5.3 and looks like its beyond of my capabilities to cope whit that

But on Battery it stays on (Calculating) on Time, Percentage is shown fine.

Also I can't change between Energy profiles, "Better Battery Life" is selected by default.

On shutdown a Kernel Panic appears with Battery only.

It is not finished yet, it don´t report average current which is needed for remaining time. (There are a few options that has to be calculated in software that Smart Batteries already have calculated in hardware. There are a few things more that i will add. But energy profiles I don´t know, there might be some more that is required than a battery kext. I will look at it, but I am not sure if that can be changed. If you have kernel panic please send it or post it.

Thank you macgirl for replying. I did install chameleon EFI 1.0.11 manually. and i know it works. But what my question is why if hangs. It starts to boot ok. After it loads the NTFS driver that when things stop booting and hangs. it keps repeating "Jnl: unknown-dev: flushing fs disk buffer returned 0x5" After it repeats that about 12 times thats when it hangs.

Sorry for the noob-ish question, but can anyone post a way to get the battery meter back after updating to 10.5.3? I've tried to reinstall with terminal, kext helper, and a package made by sonotone as well. Nothing works. Otherwise, everything else appears kosher. My hardware specs are in my signature, and I am running brazilmac vanilla install with sonotone's dell package 0.3.2 and pc efi v8. If anyone has had any luck please let me know what you did to get it to work. Thanks!

Yay, finally got my M1530 setup with generated Display/Ethernet/HDEF Audio EFI strings ;)

Also managed to get GUID Leopard/Vista dual-booting fine by following this guide.

Shame about the shutdown/restart problem and that the SigmaTel STAC9228 isn't guaranteed to always work unless you sleep/wake the system :)

Does anyone have any of this stuff working on Vostro 1400/Inspiron 1420? I'm convinced half of it only works for the M1330. I cannot get my trackpad working right, I cannot get sleep to work right as has been suggested above, and I certainly can't get sound under 10.5.3. Not to mention speedstep.

Does anyone with one of those laptops have this stuff working? Or is this thread only good for the M1330/M series?

Does anyone have any of this stuff working on Vostro 1400/Inspiron 1420? I'm convinced half of it only works for the M1330. I cannot get my trackpad working right, I cannot get sleep to work right as has been suggested above, and I certainly can't get sound under 10.5.3. Not to mention speedstep.

Does anyone with one of those laptops have this stuff working? Or is this thread only good for the M1330/M series?

Inspiron 1525 working very well by my side!

Personally, I think that when people say "This model doesn't work" is like saying "This Mazda6 doesn't work". What I'm saying is, though they are the same model, there are a lot of parts that can be different. I suggest you put in your signature what you have in your dell. I'm sure then other people with the same configuration could help you out. Just my two cents...

Yay, finally got my M1530 setup with generated Display/Ethernet/HDEF Audio EFI strings ;)

Also managed to get GUID Leopard/Vista dual-booting fine by following this guide.

Shame about the shutdown/restart problem and that the SigmaTel STAC9228 isn't guaranteed to always work unless you sleep/wake the system :wacko:

Cool, devilhood.

I hope Taruga come with a better HDA kext for the 9228