[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

macgirl

4,332 posts in this topic

Is not because it was designed that way, remember that all AppleHDA kexts are patched with Taruga's patcher or directly by Taruga, they are not compiled code from sources.

So you can't expect that everything works right. That kext was designed to the original sound card of real Macs, and somehow with some patches they work (not fully) on other cards, Is like having a Lamborghini tires on a Volkswagen Bora, probably you need to deflate the tires to fit in, and probably they can do the same.

You can download the kext sources from Apple's developer site.

For a example see here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=40646 on post #8 jape attach a diff file to the original kext source.

I need something else. How can I get play/pause's code for exempleaccording to my laptop knowing that this multimedia key work with touch ( It's not a boutton) and under leo I can't get codes of multimedia keys in the left or the right with "full key codes". It's possible to make them active?

Thx for help

Hello, i have installed 10.5.3 Update on my Dell XPS 1330 with 9.3.0 Kernel (PC_EFI V8). Now i have problems with my "IONetworkingFamily.kext". Whitch *.kext is the right one ?

Thanx for help, musikusmint

You shoudn't have a problem with that, because none of the network devices on the M1330 works with that kext, The Dell Wireless cards use IO80211Family.kext

Anyway you can recover IONetworkingFamily.kext from your installation DVD, extract it with Pacifist.

I need something else. How can I get play/pause's code for exempleaccording to my laptop knowing that this multimedia key work with touch ( It's not a boutton) and under leo I can't get codes of multimedia keys in the left or the right with "full key codes". It's possible to make them active?

Thx for help

You need to test the keycodes of your keyboard on other opertaing systme that recognize them (ie windows) the with the keycode of each key you can modofy the code.

But posibly those keys are not part of the keyboard and they use a special driver on windows.

Hey mac girl,

Thanks again for all the work you have done with this. I am finally able to post this reply off my Dell-Mac. AWESOME!

How do you guys find battery life using Leopard? So far i have found it seems a little worse than when running Vista; anyone find this or know of any way to increase it?

Apart from this, i can find almost no flaws... having to sleep for sound is a little annoying, and not having perfect shutdown/restart is a bit of a bummer, but apart from that, its perfect!

I only hope there is soon support for my Intel 3945 Wireless, as it is much more stable and picks up much better reception than the 1390.

The only other thing i want to know is; can i allow Leopard to use my Vista partition at all? Unfortunately i was only able to free up 6.8 gig for my Mac partition... not particularly much when i try to get things like imovie, office, photoshop etc. going.

Thanks

Cam

What I had to do was first delete my AppleHDA.kext, and ACLinject.kext as well as my mkext and once that was done

repair permissions and then re-boot. After reboot drag the downloaded sound dump to the HDA patcher and it will install the

kexts as well as repair permissions. Once done, reboot and you should have sound.

This is the only method that worked for me and it is still working after updating to 10.5.3 although I had to repeat the above process after

the upgrade and sound still works after numerous reboots.

Well I am glad it is working for you, however I just tried the same method and can confirm it does not work, dragging anything into HDAPatcher whether is 1.13 or 1.16, gives me no result, in other words it just sits there.

dragging anything into HDAPatcher whether is 1.13 or 1.16, gives me no result, in other words it just sits there.

Just to make sure we're talking about the same thing:

works: Drag codec dump onto HDAPatcher application icon, while HDAPatcher is not running.

does not work: Launch HDAPatcher. Windows opens. Either dragging codec dump into HDAPatcher Window or HDAPatcher application icon does not work.

Did you try the first way?

Dell Embedded WWAN Card for Sprint/Nextel (Novatel 5720) now working fully!

Just took a bit of fiddling to figure out where things need to go.

in the file

/System/Library/Extensions/IOSerialFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleWWANSupport.kext/Contents/Info.plist

you need to be updated to reflect the device id. replace the AppleWanDeviceNovatelUSB stanza with:

<key>AppleWANDeviceNovatelUSB</key>

<dict>

<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>

<string>com.apple.driver.AppleWWANSupport</string>

<key>IOClass</key>

<string>AppleWWANSupport</string>

<key>IOProbeScore</key>

<integer>10000</integer>

<key>IOProviderClass</key>

<string>IOUSBDevice</string>

<key>idProduct</key>

<integer>33076</integer>

<key>idVendor</key>

<integer>16700</integer>

</dict>

and also, in the file:

/System/Library/Extensions/IOSerialFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleWWANSupport1.kext/Contents/Info.plist

update the idProduct and idVendor values as above in both the AppleVerizonInterface0NovatelUSB and AppleVerizonInterface1NovatelUSB stanzas. It may just be easier to search/replace all '8464' with '33076' and all '5130' with '16700' in both files. (I did that, and it worked fine)

now do:

touch /System/Library/Extensions

and bring up the System Prefs -> Networking dialog. Hit the + button, and it should say its installing a new device, Novatel Wireless CDMA. Create the Novatel Wireless CDMA connection type and select it.

Hit Advanced below login/password, select the WWAN tab, and change Vendor to Novatel, and Model to CDMA. Hit Okay. Now hit Apply. (Explicitly Applying before trying to connect is critical) Then Connect, and watch it go.

This message was posted over my embedded card via the sprint network. Speedtest with this configuration shows 600kbps down / 350kbps up.

This should probably work for other dell embedded WWAN devices as well, just change your device/vendor id to suit. Also note that it creates the device /dev/cu.wwan, which you can talk to directly with AT commands.

Update November 29. 08: Success reported by a Verizon user with their version of the 5720. The idProduct value needs to be 33075 instead of 33076 above, but otherwise it should just work.

Can you paste in the kernel panic?

Here is another version which should also activate it after 60 seconds, but it really shouldn't make any difference. And it seem like the powermanagment system is not updating if you are on ac power or not so it is able to sleep also when ac power is connected.

Thanks Superhai!!, works great for me too!! :P

@macgirl. > i don´t know why but there was a problem with the IONetworkingFamily.kext (now i use the kext of my home-system and now w-lan works). > i changed the w-lan card in my 1330 to a dell truemobile 1490.

thanx, musikusmint

Maybe IO80211Family.kext uses something from IONetworkingFamily.kext

Dell Embedded WWAN Card for Sprint/Nextel (Novatel 5720) now working fully!

Thank you very much :D

EDIT:

Included in 1st post

Ok, TurnLidOn has been retired and replaced with ClamshellDisplay.kext and should work much better now.

Cool :thumbsup_anim:

EDIT:

Included in 1st post

Maybe IO80211Family.kext uses something from IONetworkingFamily.kext

Thank you very much :)

EDIT:

Included in 1st post

Cool :(

EDIT:

Included in 1st post

Hey macgirl!

Does ClamshellDisplay.kext work fine on the m1330? I currently am 'manually' clicking Apple->Sleep to invoke Sleep...From Sonetone's installer, i didn't install the LidSleep (which I am assuming is the old kext)...

Your thoughts?

Thanks again!

sorry, what means "TurnLidOn" ???

TurnLidOn was a kext that allow some laptops to sleep when the Lid is closed, but turns out that on some the sleep of the display resets the state of the TurnLidOn, now with ClamshellDisplay that is resolved.

Hey macgirl!

Does ClamshellDisplay.kext work fine on the m1330? I currently am 'manually' clicking Apple->Sleep to invoke Sleep...From Sonetone's installer, i didn't install the LidSleep (which I am assuming is the old kext)...

Your thoughts?

Thanks again!

Yes it is working perfectly, you can check the AppleClamshellCausesSleep state with this on Terminal:

ioreg -n IOPMrootDomain | grep AppleClamshellCausesSleep

try it with and without the kexts and you'll see the difference.

There is also another entry AppleClamshellState which tells if the Lid is open or close

ioreg -n IOPMrootDomain | grep AppleClamshellState

Of course you can type this on Terminal with the Lid closed but you can log remotely and see how changes its value when Lid is close.

Hi sweet MacGirl, fine?

Do you have something for Dell 620? I Try install but had lots of incompatibilities.

Can help in this bit?

Many thanx.

I think that model is one generation before so maybe the Devilhood's guide is better.

I am setting this up on a m1330, and I am finally able to get into the OS. No when I go to type in the IP address info or the Registration info, it will not allow me to type on my keyboard. I plug in a USB keyboard or use the internal keyboard, it will not type. Has anyone had this issue?

I am setting this up on a m1330, and I am finally able to get into the OS. No when I go to type in the IP address info or the Registration info, it will not allow me to type on my keyboard. I plug in a USB keyboard or use the internal keyboard, it will not type. Has anyone had this issue?

Yes, Leo4All does that

Hi

Has anyone got the 1330 card reader working. I thought I had read that it did but on 10.5.3 mine is not recognised.

No, nobody. There are no drivers for it.

It works better, more like the real Macs.

Hi macgirl,

Would you be able to walk me through the steps of manually applying the kext for ClamshellDisplay.kext on my m1330 (the tutorial is unclear)? I am unsure how to apply the kext properly so that when my lid closes, it will sleep.

Thanks for your help once again!

macgirl, great directions thanks

Here was my question to which release was that was 10.5.2 or 10.5.3 the best to use on a dell. Did some more research on the internet and tried two and answer my own question. Here as my result to help others. Tried iAtkos 2 did not work for me stuck at boot screen. Kalyway works but have to fix or install kext to get everything working. As for Leo4all i have not tried yet.

macgirl, great directions thanks

Here was my question to which release was that was 10.5.2 or 10.5.3 the best to use on a dell. Did some more research on the internet and tried two and answer my own question. Here as my result to help others. Tried iAtkos 2 did not work for me stuck at boot screen. Kalyway works but have to fix or install kext to get everything working. As for Leo4all i have not tried yet.

Hey Tessa,

10.5.3 works fine on my m1330 (for exception of the minor known issues that don't have a fix at this time). iAKTOS v2.0i works....If you are stuck in boot screen, try booting using flags -s, -x, -v until you get through to the graphic prompt. I used Kalyway 10.5.3 Update to go from 10.5.2 with minor problems (copying over kexts) but all straigtened out now. What laptop are you using? Specs would help a great deal. Sonotone's Post-Installer helps a great deal as well to install the proper kexts to your laptop.

Good luck!