[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

macgirl

4,332 posts in this topic

Did you try Superhai version (is called SMBIOSResolver.kext)?

AppleSMBIOS was not updated by 10.5.4 update, so maybe there is another kext or component that make it incompatible.

Superhai's one works, but the FSB is wrong by about 24 MHz.

Is it possible to force FSB values with his kext? also, do you have the same problem using his ACPIBattery.kext where-by it doesn't always detect that a battery is present? I'm going to fiddle with it more tonight as I reckon I may have accidentally replaced my ACPIPlatform with an older patched one.

Chun-Nan's Applesmbiosefi works for me after 10.5.4 update. I used one from the package, but i didn't made many changes, just forcing computers detection as Macbook or Makbook pro.

With vanilla AppleSMBIOS and AppleSMBIOSEFI after 10.5.4 update, Macbook Pro chosen, I get an error in the hardware profile page. Maybe I have missed something(?) I will check tonight anyways to be sure. Wish I wasn't at work! haha.

Superhai's one works, but the FSB is wrong by about 24 MHz.

Is it possible to force FSB values with his kext?

That explains why I'm having 2,01 GHz instead of 2,20 GHz for T7500 reported in "About my Mac ..." and Profiler. It tells 728 MHz (instead of FSB800, which is actually 200 MHz):

2,20 GHz @FSB800 => 2,20 GHz @ 200MHz => 200 * 11

FSB728 : 4 * 11 = 2,002 GHz

I guess that's just a reporting issue.

So can someone confirm that Kalyway does not work on Vostro laptops, only iAtkos does? I've searched around the forums but I can't really find anything.

When I boot up my Kalyway DVD, it starts loading the installer via white text, black background, but it freezes. I've let it sit for 30 minutes or so just to see if I just needed to wait, but that didn't work. I'm downloading iAtkos right now just to try it out.

So can someone confirm that Kalyway does not work on Vostro laptops, only iAtkos does? I've searched around the forums but I can't really find anything.

When I boot up my Kalyway DVD, it starts loading the installer via white text, black background, but it freezes. I've let it sit for 30 minutes or so just to see if I just needed to wait, but that didn't work. I'm downloading iAtkos right now just to try it out.

I've seen people on this forum install Kalyway on their Vostros, it worked for me but that was 10.5.1, right now I'm using iATKOS 2.0i BS and currently downloading the 10.5.4 combo update hoping it will work.

Also can anyone tell me how they get sleep to work? From what it seems like I have to install vanilla kernels, but I think I'm using Toh 9.2.0 from the iATKOS 2.0i install.

hi mac girl ,

regarding the display problem i facing in inspiron 1720 with intel 950m gfx . i need to plug in the external monitor in order to make the internal monitor work but the internal monitor also in garbed mode ( blur )

thanks

See the GMA950 threads on the Hardware forum, there are several tricks there.

On a Dell Desktop with GMA950 I put a 10.5.1 AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext and the garbled graphics dissapeared.

Okay, with the help of this thread and some others, here's where I am.

Dell M1530 - 8400M GS, 1395 Wireless, all other standard M1530 hardware

Installed iatkos 2.0i without issue. Used Kernel 9.2.0 Toh.

Installed HDAPatcher 1.16 from Taruga with 9228 Sigmatel TXT, fixed sound (did not test headphones or mic).

Installed Nvidia kexts, reboot and shutdown now definitely stopped working (black screen, so ALMOST shuts down).

Closing the lid looks to be attempting a shutdown (or gives me the same result as a shutdown).

Camera and fingerprint reader seem to work out of the box.

Bluetooth works out of the box.

1395 wireless working via patch in the pack at the start of this post.

Are there any benefits to upgrading to the latest version of Leopard or installing anything else? Anyone got sleep working? Should I have used a different kernel for M1530? I am still a bit unclear on the benefits of swapping kernels and speedstep, it sure would be nice to know what the best kernel for the M1530 would be. Maybe we can help each other out. Anyone?

ToH kernels dont work for Sleep (unless is the special Sleep version)

Choose what you want SpeedStep or Sleep there is no kernel for both.

Vanilla kernel also allows proper sleep.

For me installing 10.5.4 fixes something with Networking, sharing on AFP was only available with Wired neet, but now with 10.5.4 I can share also with Wireless, althoug SMB had no probs.

Ok, i formated the basic Vista i had and reinstalled a clean one. Managed to make the partitions and installed Leopard Kalyway on my Dell M1530 and i'm almost completely satisfied with it!

Everything works out of the box except wireless and ethernet ports (unfortunately :thumbsup_anim: ) But there isn't a solution to that as i read in the first page...so...nevermind :wacko:

I changed the keyboard kext from the first post and now the keyboard stopped working all together for me..:P I am have to use the onscreen keyboard to do any changes, Anyway I could get my keyboard working.

I have iATKOS v2.0 installed on an xps M1330.

Thanks

hello macgirl, at first: thanx for your work & help. now my question: can we expect the shutdown & reboot problem will be fixed (geforce 8400M GS) one day ? thanx, musikusmint

Yes, maybe with an update or if Superhai discover a way to trick the system :P

I changed the keyboard kext from the first post and now the keyboard stopped working all together for me..:gun: I am have to use the onscreen keyboard to do any changes, Anyway I could get my keyboard working.

I have iATKOS v2.0 installed on an

Thanks

Here is the original, whole ApplePS2Controller...

ApplePS2Controller.kext.zip

Thanks MacGirl. My 1530 is very similar to your 1330 so I am getting close -- Really think I'd rather have sleep than speedstep right now. I see a ton of shutdown fixes out there but I guess they don't apply to us after installing Nvidia for the 8400M GS, must just be an issue we'll have no matter what.

So with working network with 1395 and sound, really the only thing I have left is sleep. What kernel are you using? I am having trouble finding any of the vanilla kernels to download and think I would need to do that before I attempt 10.5.3. I am still at 10.5.2 from iatkos 2.0i.

Is there anything else I can do to see if I am getting full performance? I'm wondering if I need to install any of these ACPI kexts, or power management -- System seems stable and fine but I'd like to know I am getting the most out of it. Having both cores on is nice at least.

Vanilla kernels are on the Apple Updates, 10.5.1 (9.1 kernel), 10.5.2 (9.2 kernel), Time Machine Update (9.2.2 kernel), 10.5.3 (9.3 kernel) and 10.5.4 (9.4 kernel)

Sonotone, meant to tell you, your 1395 update in the latest patch pack worked great on my M1530.

As for the new install method, haven't tried, but wow, that would be interesting -- So really with that method we could make a custom install retail disk? Interesting indeed.

Macgirl, thanks for the tips on the vanilla kernels, I'll mess around with them and see which give me the best Xbench results.

If hard drive access seems slow in my M1530, what kext might I have missed?

Yes, maybe with an update or if Superhai discover a way to trick the system :(

I´d wish. But it is difficult to debug something that happens after the computer is "shutoff" :unsure:

Maybe it is efi-related, or acpi related.

Btw, the ACPIbattery.kext, must be used with vanilla powermanagement.bundle, thats due to how it reads the batterydata and in the hacked one it cant work.

Hey Superhai, what kernel do you recommend I use with your addons? I have the Dell M1530 so a similar system, just trying to decide which kernel runs best -- I have tried a few and still can't seem to get sleep working. I wanna get sleep working before I mess with the Clamshell kext.

Thanks for all you do.

Thanks a lot macgirl for that solution, but I am still stuck with no keyboard or trackpad before the keyboard broke down I changed the ACPI kext to get the battery thing working from the first post in this thread, Do you think anything from that one might have broken it..?. Any place where I can get an orginal acpi kext to fix all this

Thanks