IE7+

Colonel

28 posts in this topic

What ever happened to the IE7+ that was supposed to be the Vista specific version of IE? The IE guys announced it, but never spoke about it again. Wonder what the problem was.... I believe there was only one version of it ever released, and that was included in the Vista Beta 2. hmm :D

ie7h2rgbct0.png

They realized IE7 which was released to the masses, was used only on 5 Computers barring the ones in Microsoft. Thus they concluded its not worth the effort to make IE7+(new about page), coz they would at max be able to taunt the 5 above mentioned Computers

I was reading somewhere (I think the Wiki for Vista) that IE7 on Vista is sandboxed, and can only access the Temp. Internet Files folder unless you give specific permission (UAC, and pop ups if UAC is turned off) every time to let IE do other things.

Personally, I like IE7. I haven't found another browser that works as well as it does on Vista.

IE7 works pretty well on a Vista system but after I installed it on XP, it screwed it up. All files and folders in a CD were changed to Outlook Express and IE7 icons I fixed it by simply uninstalling IE7 but...I didn't see any performance gain over IE6 (meaning that its pretty bad)

• 2 weeks later...

Firefox is better than IE7. Besides Microsoft stole(borrowed) some of Mozilla's features that are found in firefox. Vista is all that it's cracked up to be either. It's just as bad as when Microsoft release Windows Me edition.

Firefox is better than IE7. Besides Microsoft stole(borrowed) some of Mozilla's features that are found in firefox. Vista is all that it's cracked up to be either. It's just as bad as when Microsoft release Windows Me edition.
Hahaha, right. What exactly are these features they 'stole' ?

Yeah, because Firefox was the first to have tabbed browsing, right?

Wrong!

So, I guess by your retarded logic/thought process (Or lack thereof) that means Mozilla stole it to, eh? And the rest of your post is as ridiculous and hypocritical.

What's that? Someone mindlessly bashes Microsoft? Film at 11. And my goodness, it's they're not there, if you're going to try and make fun of Microsoft at least use the correct spelling/wording, it only makes you look silly otherwise.. oh, and the lying and actually thinking doesn't help either but hey, baby steps.

tab browsing???

*looks over at IE 6.... rriiiiiiighhhhttt..*

integrated Google Search bar

*looks at right side of FF Address bar and then at IE7 address bar.....glances at ie6... hmm not there*

other then that there basically there same.....

Yiff in hell.

What's that? Someone mindlessly bashes Microsoft? Film at 11. And my goodness, it's they're not there, if you're going to try and make fun of Microsoft at least use the correct spelling/wording, it only makes you look silly otherwise.. oh, and the lying and actually thinking doesn't help either but hey, baby steps.

I guess being on the Microsoft payroll makes for pretty easy living...

How's Redmond?

If they're not paying you, why do you feel the need to stand up for them at every opportunity? It's not going to make any difference to the anti-MS trolls on this forum, you know... You're wasting your time.

How's Linus' basement? How's Steve Jobs' dungeon? Boy, am I witty! I used a pathetic, tired, silly ad hominem attack, go me!

- I do not stand up for them at every opportunity and I do not feel the need to say say anything, could you please stop assuming and/or lying.

- So, as soon as someone 'defends' something Microsoft related they're suddenly being paid? I guess there's a million morons being paid by Apple, FSF and others to slander Microsoft. Gosh, who do you think MadDoggyca is working for?! I THINK YOU'RE ONTO SOMETHING AZUREL! Quick, more tin foil! Also, all I do is present some basic facts whereas these people blatantly lie and so on, yet you focus on me as some evil person being paid by Microsoft?

- Do you have proof that it's impossible for these people to realise they're being stupid? Have you interviewed every person on here? Speaking of wasting time, I bet when you thought "Hey, let's say this guy works for Microsoft because he proved some guy wrong about some retarded thing he was attacking MS about!" you thought it was some brilliant, original thing to say which had never been said before.. oh how you were wrong. /shakes head

- Wasting my time? Please, my post probably took less time than yours to write and half the amount of time these people put into their lies. I mean, what was the point of your post? It was some silly, repetitive ad hominem attack simply because I proved a guy wrong with facts. So, my post achieved something, whereas yours was a unneeded attack.

Think before you post, please. It will [hopefully] save you being embarrassed like this.

I'm not attacking you, I was just pointing out the fact that you sound like a stuck record. If you don't have any purpose on this forum other than anti-MS troll bashing, then you're wasting your time. At least most of the anti-MS trolls here have another purpose for participating and are also talking about OS X. Why not go and participate in a positive forum about the MS software that you embrace instead, then people wouldn't get sick of your ranting.

Azurael, no, you made a petty attack. If you wanted to question my apparent sounding like a broken record despite the fact that this is probably the first time I have ever commented on IE7 and the things discussed here

Speaking of broken records, even if I am one I am nothing compared to the likes of you and others on here, day in and day out people on here lie and make petty accusations directed at Microsoft and when someone calls them out on it they either disappear (Like debianx and MadDoggyca) or somene makes a retarded "HOWS WORKING FOR M$?!?! HAHAH IM WITTY" post.

Oh, and just because these are the only posts of mine doesn't magically make them the only ones I have posted on here. Sorry you're wrong, again. For fun, here's another account of you being wrong, you claim I embrace Microsoft software, which I don't, and you also say I should go to a positive MS forum to discuss my apparent excessive liking for them, which I do not have.

And why the hell can't this forum be neutral? Why do so many idiots need to divulge in petty, mindless, repetitive antics? How about you guys go to another forum? As the mods/administrators have pointed out before, this isn't an Apple fansite, it's a site for people who don't want to buy Apple hardware yet want to run MacOS on their PC so wouldn't someone who is not in love with Apple be more welcome here?

So, who is the true broken record? It's not me or at least nothing compared to the hypocrites on here.

~pcwiz, this is true and I started off being tactful but I stopped doing that for the most part because of the pathetic insults I received from people on here. No one ever counters my posts, all they do is go "LOLOL YOU WORK FOR M$ WHY GO ELSEWHERE YOU DO NOTHING HERE?!?!?!?"

Colonel, ah yes, because I was the one who stooped to ad hominem attacks first, it certainly wasn't Azurael. Right, next time we'll just let people like debianx and MadDoggyca continue on lying and simply making stupid posts with no comment, see, on this forum lying, randomly accusations and so on are all the rage and if someone sounds a little harsh we get our panties in a knot.

Answer me this, why must I be attacked simply because I'm not yet another mindless whore attacking Microsoft? Why must countless inebriated morons accuse me of working for Microsoft and the like?

So, stop being hypocrites and liars and for once, counter what I actually say. There is nothing to say than unless debianx and MadDoggyca man up and back their claims otherwise posts like those accusing me of working for MS are probably the most useless in this thread and elsewhere, all I'm guilty of is being a little mean, boohoo, at least I actually contribute to discussions from another viewpoint (One which doesn't lie, is subjective, etc) rather than joining in on yet another circle jerk.

Azurael, no, you made a petty attack. If you wanted to question my apparent sounding like a broken record despite the fact that this is probably the first time I have ever commented on IE7 and the things discussed here

This, as I'm sure you know, has nothing to do with IE7. Practically every thread in this forum where somebody so much as mentioned Windows was turned into a flame war by you. No, you didn't start the petty squabbling. You, after all, at least argue in a coherent and rational manner. However, the mere fact that you felt the need to respond to some petty comment about Windows that 99% of this forum would have ignored dragged on most of these threads a lot longer than they needed to go.

I don't really have a problem with it - after all, 99% of your posts are in the Windows Discussion forum, something I could choose to ignore without feeling a tragic loss in my life. However, I really don't see what you're getting out of being here. Almost all of the posts directed at you, whether by anti-Windows trolls or by people who are sick of you're responding to every little dig at Microsoft with a full-blown essay, are essentially negative. Nothing against you personally, but I really don't understand why you continue to inhabit and actively participate in a forum where you don't have anything in common with 99% of the members - I mean, what have you got to gain - you can't be telling me you actually enjoy researching every post you write, just to ensure no inaccurate comments about His Holiness, Mr. Gates' work is allowed to linger unchecked here.

And if you're not working for Microsoft, why aren't you? You clearly have a bright career ahead of you in promoting Windows - then you'd get paid for levelling this stuff at big business and people who matter, rather than some MS-hating pre-pubescent troll on a Mac forum...

No, I do not start flame wars, the worst I do is being a little mean when I challenge what someone has said, the people who start flame wars are people who make petty ad hominem attacks like you did in this thread.

I do not reply to remotely close to every thread in this forum pertaining to Microsoft and I do not feel the need to respond. Please stop lying.

You claim I make these threads drag on yet this thread was more or less dead, with the last post by me and those I challenged being too much of liars and girls to respond, than you made your comment about me working for Microsoft.

That's your first silly parapgrah done with, now with the second, the majority of my posts are not in the Windows section especially nowhere near that of 99%. You claim you could continue on without with no tragic loss in your life yet you bring life to a thread that was slowly dying and the only life you brougth was a pathetic attack.I already addressed your silly "ALL YOU DO IS DEFEND MS LOLOL" train of thought, please read my posts.

Full blown essay? My first 2 posts were single, short sentences and my third was what, 4 sentences all up? I think you're lying again and than my 5th post which was quite long addressed 3 different people and covered many moronic thoughts presented, which it seems you failed to read in entirety or comprehend to much of a great degree.

And once again, you bring up the retarded "Why are yo0u h3re" thing. Brokenrecordbrokenrecordbrokenrecordbrokenrecord. First, I do not care about the other members here and I am here to get OSX86 working on my PC, which I have done, I have also contributed the little amount I can on here and on other forums. ONCE AGAIN (Broken record, Brokenrecordbrokenrecordbrokenrecordbrokenrecord), just because you fail to see these others posts doesn't magically make them not exist.

What have you and the other morons got to gain by attacking me? Let's see, my posts while 'mean' (What, are you guys 14 year olds? Man up) they contribute whereas so far, yours haven't, nor have many others.

You're freaking dumb, it's as simple as that, you're still parading this idea that I love Windows and actively promote it when I don't, so once again (BROKEN FREAKING RECORD, much?), I do not love Microsoft, actively promote it's products with bias or anything of the like.

Maybe you should be paid by Jobs, Linus, RMS, etc - boy, I'm pretty darn witty. I should also be a comedian?

There I addressed every stupid and useless hypocritical point and lie you've presented so either counter my my comments about such things as Microsoft did not 'steal' tabs and FF didn't not invent them, or be quiet and go live out your morals of being on this forum for a purpose.

I also just love how you more or less ignore everything I said and the things you do say are either lies or I've already covered them. Speaking of broken records? But hey, like I said, either contribute to the thread or move on. Could you please stop needlessly trolling my post(s) and contribute to the topic on hand, which is (Or was till you derailed it) IE7+? Thank you.