P5K-SE - Retail Leopard Instalation

Jimmy Mallmann

1,037 posts in this topic

I downloaded the Jummy iso (in the first page), opened ASUSP5K.iso with UltraISO, copy the INITRD.IMG to my Desktop, renamed to initrd.img, and replace it in the iso. But when I saved, the file were in uppercase again. But ok.. no problem, I burned and booted, and the error is the same

"ISOLINUX 3.63 2008-04-10 isolinux: image checksum error, sorry"

Can you post your iso?

I had this too and i saw that you downloaded the first generic retail and this one boots.

My solution is to download the first generic retail, cause this one boots without the checksum error right?

Well then download the latest iso version which Jummy told me, just a few posts above here.

then open the image in windows with ultraiso, get the initrd.img.

You should notice that every file and dir is in uppercase.

copy the INITRD.IMG to the desktop.

Then rename the file to lowercase initrd.img.

Open the first retail which boots with ultraiso, you should notice the lowercase, isn't?

Now copy the initrd.img (lowercase) from the desktop to that image, it should ask overwrite? answer yes!

Then simply save and burn, that image! And it should work out of the box.

If this wont work, I will upload the iso which worked for me for you.

I downloaded the Jummy iso (in the first page), opened ASUSP5K.iso with UltraISO, copy the INITRD.IMG to my Desktop, renamed to initrd.img, and replace it in the iso. But when I saved, the file were in uppercase again. But ok.. no problem, I burned and booted, and the error is the same

"ISOLINUX 3.63 2008-04-10 isolinux: image checksum error, sorry"

Can you post your iso?

I think you misunderstood.

You need the iso from Jimmy at page 4, the special he gave for me with the marvell ide driver in it.

Open this one with ultraiso. copy the initrd.img to the desktop, rename it to lowercase.

Then open the generic iso 132-boot you talked about and which boots untill the apple logo, which doesn't show up the checksum error.

Now open this one in ultraiso copy in that iso the initrd from your desktop in it. Burn and boot.

That worked for me.

DjCoke, thanks for your help. The cd is booting now.

But the are another problem, when I type ESC, appears "Enter two hexadecimal boot device [ef]: ", I replace the CD to DVD Retail, and type ENTER, so appears "Using default boot device ef" and stay here for all time...

I think that the problem is my DVD+R device (IDE), I'll change it for a SATA device.

By the way, there are something that I have change in my mobo setup? I'm using ASUS P5K SE (Bios setup v02.58 - American Megatrends)

DjCoke, thanks for your help. The cd is booting now.

But the are another problem, when I type ESC, appears "Enter two hexadecimal boot device [ef]: ", I replace the CD to DVD Retail, and type ENTER, so appears "Using default boot device ef" and stay here for all time...

I think that the problem is my DVD+R device (IDE), I'll change it for a SATA device.

By the way, there are something that I have change in my mobo setup? I'm using ASUS P5K SE (Bios setup v02.58 - American Megatrends)

Glad that it boots up almost there then :(

If you change the cd to dvd be sure that the light is off and then hit enter, otherwise be sure that the dvd is burned well.

i use a ide as well as dvd drive and it works fine here.

I did not changed anything to he bios, except that i use the latest bios version...

I could see tomorrow at my pc at the settings but dont think it will help ya.

Glad that it boots up almost there then :(

If you change the cd to dvd be sure that the light is off and then hit enter, otherwise be sure that the dvd is burned well.

i use a ide as well as dvd drive and it works fine here.

I did not changed anything to he bios, except that i use the latest bios version...

I could see tomorrow at my pc at the settings but dont think it will help ya.

Yes, I hit enter when the light of DVD was off. The dvd is burned well, because I tryed this method at my notebook and it worked fine.

You use "P5K SE BIOS 1104: The new Marvell 6111 Option ROM must be used in conjunction with driver version V1.2.0.51 or later. Please make sure you update Marvell 6111 driver after the BIOS update."?

The lattest bios is fine, I use it here...

Yes, I hit enter when the light of DVD was off. The dvd is burned well, because I tryed this method at my notebook and it worked fine.

You use "P5K SE BIOS 1104: The new Marvell 6111 Option ROM must be used in conjunction with driver version V1.2.0.51 or later. Please make sure you update Marvell 6111 driver after the BIOS update."?

the installer that was listed with the kexts is possiable to use on the p5k deluxe wifi ap ? restart and sleep were working fine until i installed that however shutdown was never working and now works fine wtf lol :( mind you the install went great without a hitch just as described ... i just cant get sleep to work any more ? can some help thanks :)

Updated! Sleep is working, check the new P5K-SE_10.5.6.pkg!

the installer that was listed with the kexts is possiable to use on the p5k deluxe wifi ap ? restart and sleep were working fine until i installed that however shutdown was never working and now works fine wtf lol :P mind you the install went great without a hitch just as described ... i just cant get sleep to work any more ? can some help thanks :)

As I wrote before I gave up for a while... Too many problems, I do not use sleep... 10.5.6 is no go for sleep.. yet...

Maybe this is the solution:

Click

For Sleep to work make sure in Energy Saver -Restart Automatically after a Power Failure is checked Credit goes to Jan Bird

I will try it this afternoon, did you already tried it?

I updated my bios, but nothing... The situation is the same. Maybe, the problem is in he IDE DVD device.

What is exactly not working.

It boots the cd?

Hit escape, you 'll see some kind of message with [ef] at the end.

Then swap the cd with dvd wait for the led turns off, then hit enter.

Then you should be able to give the -v to switch verbose, so you see where it goes wrong.

I have P5K SE and I have a IDE DVD Rom and Sata Hard disk. I have successfully installed osx86 before using an external dvd rom. Unfortunately I don't have this chance to use it now. I have tried to install using my built in IDE DVD rom, though it didn't work with iDeneb 10.5.5 . Is there any way to install OSX86 with my configuration by using my IDE DVD rom?

EDIT: Oops, forgot to add my exact problem. It starts installation and it hangs at the apple logo and that seems forever. Then I tried with -v command and it stuck at some kind of an error again and again. Actually I can't write the exact error message here, because I'm not with that computer now.

Hi, try the new ISO I have posted, this should give support to IDE devices, at least HD should work, IDE DVDs were not tested yet... give it a try and tell me If you had success.. P5KFamily.iso (link)

PRESS " F8 " THEN " ESC " CHANGE TO THE MAC OS X INSTALL DVD AND PRESS "ENTER" AND HIT " ENTER " AGAIN TO LOAD THE INSTALLATION

Report if IDE DVD Works...

I have P5K SE and I have a IDE DVD Rom and Sata Hard disk. I have successfully installed osx86 before using an external dvd rom. Unfortunately I don't have this chance to use it now. I have tried to install using my built in IDE DVD rom, though it didn't work with iDeneb 10.5.5 . Is there any way to install OSX86 with my configuration by using my IDE DVD rom?

EDIT: Oops, forgot to add my exact problem. It starts installation and it hangs at the apple logo and that seems forever. Then I tried with -v command and it stuck at some kind of an error again and again. Actually I can't write the exact error message here, because I'm not with that computer now.

Thanks Jimmy. But did you use TM after a OS crash? That's why i linked to the other topic. When i use TM with the Kalyway 10.5.2 boot DVD it would stop after restarting saying the apple.playlist etc could not be found.

Anyway i'm back into kalyway. I'll use toast to burn the retail DL dvd and see how this will work. Somehow i think with boot123 you can make partition active of somekind after i use the TM boot option.

Cause i need a full restore of TM after the OS crashes after an new apple update in the future.

I use the time machine, just aplied the time machine fix from the software I mentionet before.. i think that methol should work...

I did once... but it happened with kalyway... Haven´t happened with vanilla.. but time machine is working just fine, I have an external 1 Terabyte HD (E-SATA)

Hope you succeed...

Thanks Jimmy. But did you use TM after a OS crash? That's why i linked to the other topic. When i use TM with the Kalyway 10.5.2 boot DVD it would stop after restarting saying the apple.playlist etc could not be found.

Anyway i'm back into kalyway. I'll use toast to burn the retail DL dvd and see how this will work. Somehow i think with boot123 you can make partition active of somekind after i use the TM boot option.

Cause i need a full restore of TM after the OS crashes after an new apple update in the future.

Back to my desktop hackintosh, tried downgrading nvidia do 9f23installer.pkg (10.5.5), still the mouse lags randomly ( not only cpu/disk related).

If it helps, following the tutorial, the mouse doesn't lag when running Universal Installer to install the bootloader, etc. Then i install it and on the next boot it starts to lag.

any ideas?

Hi, well, have you tried to change the mouse? It might be the efi v9, it is a guess.. Still very weird...

It is not related to graphics...

Back to my desktop hackintosh, tried downgrading nvidia do 9f23installer.pkg (10.5.5), still the mouse lags randomly ( not only cpu/disk related).

If it helps, following the tutorial, the mouse doesn't lag when running Universal Installer to install the bootloader, etc. Then i install it and on the next boot it starts to lag.

any ideas?

hi all and thanks for this usefull topic

i plan to go for a retail but some questions spin my brain ...

what retail are you using ?

i've a 10.5.4 retail is this ok or do i need another one ?

what is the best bios (and settings) regarding power managment ?

some before/after xbench result should be welcome.

Any 10.5.x retail will do! :(

latest bios is always recommended..

Power management will work, apart from sleep!

hi all and thanks for this usefull topic

i plan to go for a retail but some questions spin my brain ...

what retail are you using ?

i've a 10.5.4 retail is this ok or do i need another one ?

what is the best bios (and settings) regarding power managment ?

some before/after xbench result should be welcome.

First of all great job and verry good tutorial.

So my specs are;

Asus P5K premium wifi/app

Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz

4x2Gb G.E.I.L. @1066 MHz

1 WD 320 Gb HD (OsX86)

1 Maxtor 1Tb HD (data)

1 Maxtor 250 Gb HD (vista)

Ati 3870 512Mb

I installed Iatkos 10.5.5 and did an update to 10.5.6 and almost everything works fine, except the shutdown and airport (realtek app does work).

I get the hold the power buton message to restart. I have tried some workarrounds but none of them works.

voodoopower.kext= KP

My question is it wise to try the retail with this tutorial, i have read good things here with this MB. Or should i try to fix the shutdown problem in an other way.

If you want to give it a try, go on, or you can fix your shutdown by installing PC EFI V9 using the tool I have posted in the tutorial

Retail Installation is always faster than other ones

First of all great job and verry good tutorial.

So my specs are;

Asus P5K premium wifi/app

Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz

4x2Gb G.E.I.L. @1066 MHz

1 WD 320 Gb HD (OsX86)

1 Maxtor 1Tb HD (data)

1 Maxtor 250 Gb HD (vista)

Ati 3870 512Mb

I installed Iatkos 10.5.5 and did an update to 10.5.6 and almost everything works fine, except the shutdown and airport (realtek app does work).

I get the hold the power buton message to restart. I have tried some workarrounds but none of them works.

voodoopower.kext= KP

My question is it wise to try the retail with this tutorial, i have read good things here with this MB. Or should i try to fix the shutdown problem in an other way.

If you want to give it a try, go on, or you can fix your shutdown by installing PC EFI V9 using the tool I have posted in the tutorial

Retail Installation is always faster than other ones

Why is it faster, can you explain that to me. I think mine is already fast, quick startup (within 10 seconds) program also start fast or can it be even faster than that.

I think i wil try both, then i can see the diference.

1 question do i need ahci turned on in the bios? My mb doesn't like this i cant get this to work even with vista or other hd drives.

I will post my findings here.

alors vraiment un grand bravo !

je viens juste de terminer l'install sur un HD usb en suivant le tuto a la lettre.

tout fonctionne impeccable meme mieux que je l'esperais.

maintenant j'aimerais bien savoir si cela marchera:

depuis mon installe actuelle sur un HD externe en USB vers un HD interne en S-ata,

partitionné en GUID, puis formaté en "Mac OS étendu (journalisé)"

j'installe "Chameleon-1.0.11-installer.zip" en prenant bien soin de selectionner le HD interne pour cible.

puis avec CarbonCopyCloner 3.1.3 je duplique mon HD externe sur l'interne,

je reboot et selectionne le bon disque mon Bios ou avec un raccourci clavier.

et la je démarrerai donc sur le "Clone" sans refaire toute l'install .

et encore merci