Sigmatel 9205 with iATKOS (Leopard)

bari86

341 posts in this topic

Hey guys - So the Sigmatel 9250 now works completely with

a Dell Inspiron 1520? If this is so could some one point me to the required

files as well a walkthrough.

Please could some one help me, I am clueless on this one.

And if someone can, could some one help me trying to find the drivers

required for running iATKOS on my Dell Inspiron 1520.

Greetings from Australia.

All the best,

Reece Peart

theSlug, currently only the first kext released, with support for speaker output only, is the only thing here that works for us D630 owners.

Could you post the exact kext you're using?

Also, what is the state of your AppleAzaliaAudio & ALCInject kexts?

I've so far been unable to get any sound out of my D630. (BIOS revision is A05 atm, debating updating to the newly released A06).

Cheers,

EqUaTe

Not for me :rolleyes:

I tried everything discussed in here, but still no success.

I have a Dell Vostro 1700 running iAtkos v.1.0, too. Maybe there are different hardware setups or firmware versions used?

Hoping for a installer fixing all the probs left :)

Strange things happen and suddenly my Sigmatel 9205 works - didn't change anything.

After a little tinkering, I got the automatic sound switching working on my D630. I have the kext attached. The reason it did not work earlier is that for some reason, if you leave the MuteGPIO key set to 1, it keeps the speakers muted continuously (at least it did on my D630). This is what was marked in the original kext. It was a simple fix, but mute does not work currently. I am going to keep working on this and see what I can do. Tell me if it works or not, and if not, include your system specs.

P.S.: This should work for systems on which Paulo's first kext worked, but nothing afterwards worked

AppleHDA.kext.zip

After a little tinkering, I got the automatic sound switching working on my D630. I have the kext attached. The reason it did not work earlier is that for some reason, if you leave the MuteGPIO key set to 1, it keeps the speakers muted continuously (at least it did on my D630). This is what was marked in the original kext. It was a simple fix, but mute does not work currently. I am going to keep working on this and see what I can do. Tell me if it works or not, and if not, include your system specs.

P.S.: This should work for systems on which Paulo's first kext worked, but nothing afterwards worked

Cheers roneil4, will have a go with it later/tomorrow. :)

EqUaTe

Iwantsound44to get the mute working got to post 130download the 3rd kext file install it and the mute should work. as for sleep what is the problem with it does it not sleep at all or not come back from sleep
my laptop will go to sleep then never wake upand thanks again man your the best....also i downloaded the kext now do i just drag it into extensions and replace the old one...

Ok i try to sum up :

- What did Hellober should work with all Dell Computers (Latitude, Inspiron, Vostro)

- After you get that file working, try this one (post 66) : AppleHDA.kext

It should add support for headphones and jack input

- If it works, try this one (post 83) : AppleHDA.kext

It should add support for automatic switch between Headphones and Speakers

At this step, Mute and Mic In don't work.

- The next file (post 110) : AppleHDA.kext seems to only work on my D830 (it should add Mute and Mic In) B)

If you have post 83 file working, you can try these files:

- File 1 : based on post 83 : should work for all who have post 83 working. It doesn't add any feature.

- File 2 : should add Mic Input compared to post 83

- File 3 : should add Mute compared to posrt 83 (it s normal if there is not Mic In)

Please tell me what files don't work with you. Thanks. :)

Edit : better with files ... :D

Hey folks,

I've got a situation here. All I did was log in as root user in my Zephyroth AMD Leopard instance. I installed the 1st AppleHDA.kext file provided by Paulo. Rebooted, and presto, I have sound...kinda. My machine is not a Dell, but rather a Gateway M-1617. It's still a 9205 Sigmatel though. So, that being said...I play an MP3 file...but it's strange. The MP3 only plays through the speakers in ITunes when I'm moving the mouse. If I stop moving the cursor, the sound stops. If I move it again, the music plays crystal clear.

Anyone else run into this? Seem a little strange to anyone?

Also...when I check the "About" section in my Leopard instance, under "Audio" I have "No built in audio". Even when it semi-works as listed above.

Thanks!

Hey folks,

I've got a situation here. All I did was log in as root user in my Zephyroth AMD Leopard instance. I installed the 1st AppleHDA.kext file provided by Paulo. Rebooted, and presto, I have sound...kinda. My machine is not a Dell, but rather a Gateway M-1617. It's still a 9205 Sigmatel though. So, that being said...I play an MP3 file...but it's strange. The MP3 only plays through the speakers in ITunes when I'm moving the mouse. If I stop moving the cursor, the sound stops. If I move it again, the music plays crystal clear.

Anyone else run into this? Seem a little strange to anyone?

Also...when I check the "About" section in my Leopard instance, under "Audio" I have "No built in audio". Even when it semi-works as listed above.

Thanks!

Ignore the no built-in audio thing in system profiler.

Try one of the newer kexts - see if any of them work for better for you.

Also, posting a codec dump might be useful.

tnxs for your work man!!!

works great in my d630!!!! :dance_24::D

only internal mic & mute don't works :P

but... linein and lineout works great!

tnx again man!!!!

theSLug

I tried the two newer kexts provided by Paulo. I get no audio at all.

I also tried all three kexts provided by Paulo in my Uphuck Uni 10.4.9 instance. None of them worked at all.

As for a codec dump, what software do I need to get one? (I've heard Linux live CD...but where can I get a copy?)

What command do I run to get it once I have the cd?

Thanks,

tnxs for your work man!!!

works great in my d630!!!! ;):D

only internal mic & mute don't works ;)

but... linein and lineout works great!

tnx again man!!!!

theSLug

I'm glad it worked for you! Also, I am going to try to fix the mute thing, because it has been bothering me a lot. As for internal microphone, I have no way of testing it, so I am not sure I will be able to do that. (unless D630s have internal microphones standard, then I guess I would have a microphone)

I'm glad it worked for you! Also, I am going to try to fix the mute thing, because it has been bothering me a lot. As for internal microphone, I have no way of testing it, so I am not sure I will be able to do that. (unless D630s have internal microphones standard, then I guess I would have a microphone)

Also working well for me :)

Mute is annoying me too, so I too will try and look at that ;)

As far as I know, the internal mic is standard on d630's.. I'm not 100% sure of that though.

EqUaTe

Heyt roneil , i tried your kext , and sound works ok , but then when i plug the headphones switch seems to be ok but theres no sound at all , in system preferences it change the output from build-in to headphones, but for some strange reasons it doesnt sound nothing . Maybe you can check my sound dump , maybe theres a diferent node or something like that. Thanks a lot

sig9205.txt

Here you go...my codec dump as requested. It didn't work when I installed it using the HDA Patcher. Still having that issue with my sound cutting out until I move the cursor. It does that with Roneil's kext provided as well. None of the other kexts provided work at all.

Regards,

codec.txt

Also working well for me :)Mute is annoying me too, so I too will try and look at that ;)As far as I know, the internal mic is standard on d630's.. I'm not 100% sure of that though.EqUaTe

Is the mic the little hole on the keyboard bezel, in between the wifi and battery leds? Also, so far I have not found a solution to mute, but I think I will now compare the mute-fixed kext and the current kext, and see what that comparison yields.

Heyt roneil , i tried your kext , and sound works ok , but then when i plug the headphones switch seems to be ok but theres no sound at all , in system preferences it change the output from build-in to headphones, but for some strange reasons it doesnt sound nothing . Maybe you can check my sound dump , maybe theres a diferent node or something like that. Thanks a lot

I am sorry, but I do not know very much about sound drivers. Earlier, when I found the fix in the other kext, I only found it through trial and error. I think Paulo, or even Taruga, would be the right people to go to for this, because they know what they are doing. Once again, I am sorry I cannot help you.

Is the mic the little hole on the keyboard bezel, in between the wifi and battery leds? Also, so far I have not found a solution to mute, but I think I will now compare the mute-fixed kext and the current kext, and see what that comparison yields.

I believe so - I really should boot into windows or something and test it...

EqUaTe