Sigmatel 9205 with iATKOS (Leopard)

bari86

341 posts in this topic

hello,

I've just done, and exactly done, what marcone-xii said but it doesn't work on my vostro 1700.

I've just reinstalled leopard and when I follow the steps that marcone told us, nothing happen (i.e when I restart, there is no sound)

So, what's wrong?

It works!!

By using both methods of you macrose and gahca (cf post #90) I've succeded to make the sound works and mute works too.

But now, is it possible to make the play/stop/previous/forward button workable or not?

Do you have a keyboard layout which is exactly correspond to this one of the vostro?

p.s. sorry for my english

Thanks

Vostro 1500 here, I have tried loading the patch about 20 times, and i've reinstalled iATKOS over 5

I have everything else working, the video, wireless, LAN, everything except the audio..

I loaded up the LiveCD and extracted my specific audio code and it's attached to this post

Everytime I try to drag mine, or anyone elses, text file into the patcher it just says "Detected Unsupported Sigmatel Codec"

I've tried version 1.18, 1.19 and 1.20 of the patcher and all give me the same results....

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Vostro 1500

Core2Duo 1.6GHz

2GB DDR2 RAM

120GB SATA HDD

256MB 8600M GT

1390 WiFi Card

EDIT: Okay I finally figured it out, the text files i was trying to use were using DOS line breaks instead of UNIX line breaks

Figured it out from this post

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=525696

Sigmatel_Audio.txt

Thanks Paulo.

I now have sound on my Dell Inspirion 1720 Laptop with SigmaTel 9205.

The internal speakers work with input and output. :censored2:

Dear.

My English is poor. :D

Can you kindly tell me which files you used for the 1720 and the procedure used?

Thanks

Andrea (Italy

New version :

- Speakers and jack output should work

- Jack input should work (tested with a simple mic)

To install :

- Copy the AppleHDA.kext to /System/Library/Extensions

- repair permissions

You should also maybe remove AppleAzalia.kext

If doesn′t work : try to first use HdaPatcher with whatever codec file, and then retry to install the AppleHDA.kext

If it still doesn t work, try to get your codec file, i ll try to see what doesn t work :angel:

Dear,

in wich post I find the "whatever codec file"?

Many thanks

Andrea

Logic Pro problem Vostro 1500 HELP!!!

I have a Vostro 1500 with the 9205. I've intalled iatkosir2 multiple times, but always have the same issue. Although the sound patch works well (even the volume buttons, but not the mute), the patch always causes Logic Pro 8 to crash. Furthermore, even if I delete AppleHDA and the two other files, the crashing problem persists!

Do you think using v 1.18 of Taruga would help? Is there anything else I can do to reverse the patch if it continues to F**K up Logic? I'm getting SICK of re-installing software and have things basically set up perfectly except for this issue. I'm almost resigned to buying an external USB for sound (but would obviously prefer to have the built-in speakers work)

Has anyone experienced this issue? Logic Pro starts up, but then makes an error sound and say it 'unexpectedly quit'. It works fine if I don't use Taruga (but then I can only use it when my M-Audio Ozone is hooked up). I would REALLY like to get this working. . . then the only things missing are the battery meter (using vanilla stock kernel & kexts) and sleep!

Thanks for ANY help you can offer!

What I did first was reinstall iATKOS because I screwed up a few things...

Then I deleted AppleAzaliaAudio.kext in the /System/Library/Extensions folder.

I copied Paulo's AppleHDA.kext into the /System/Library/Extensions folder and it replaced the old one.

Then I repaired and verified permissions in disk utility.

Then I used a SigmaTel 9205 codec and patched it with AppleHDAPatcherv1.20

Then I rebooted.

Then it wasn't working so I copied Paulo's AppleHDA.kext into the /System/Library/Extensions folder and replaced the one I previously put even though they are exactly the same.

Then I repaired and verified permissions in disk utility and rebooted.

Now I have the internal speakers working with output and input.

Hope this helps, although I basically did what everyone else has been doing... nothing really different. :)

My first post here, I just wish to thank you, Gahca, for posting this, followed what you did and now I can enjoy sound on my Dell Inspiron 1720 with iAtkos. And thanks to everyone posting answers and files/patches/updates, there is nothing more frustrating than a topic with plenty of questions and no one answering them.

My first post here, I just wish to thank you, Gahca, for posting this, followed what you did and now I can enjoy sound on my Dell Inspiron 1720 with iAtkos. And thanks to everyone posting answers and files/patches/updates, there is nothing more frustrating than a topic with plenty of questions and no one answering them.

Dear,

can you hek me? Wich files you used (codec.. appleHDA.. and ect...)?

I have Dell 1720 too.

Many Thanks

Andrea Italy

Dear,

can you hek me? Wich files you used (codec.. appleHDA.. and ect...)?

I have Dell 1720 too.

Many Thanks

Andrea Italy

Yeah, no problem:

This is Paulo's AppleHDA.kext: http://www.zshare.net/download/621698666c9cfe/ (Post 43 of this thread (Page 3))

I also used AppleHDAPatcherv1.20.zip found in attached files in first post of http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=32859

And the codec number 5 located in the first post of this thread posted by bari86 (link: Sigmatel_9205_Codec_5.txt (Right click, save target as...))

Unzip every downloaded file in Leopard, not in Windows. (Well, just those that come zipped :) )

I did exactly what Gahca described (except from reinstalling Leopard):

I deleted AppleAzaliaAudio.kext in the /System/Library/Extensions folder.

I copied Paulo's AppleHDA.kext into the /System/Library/Extensions folder and it replaced the old one.

----I used the number 5, to use it drag it onto the AppleHDAPatcherv1.20, it may ask for your password.----

Then I rebooted.

Then it wasn't working so I copied AGAIN Paulo's AppleHDA.kext into the /System/Library/Extensions folder and replaced the one I previously put even though they are exactly the same.

Hope this helps you!

Yeah, no problem:

This is Paulo's AppleHDA.kext: http://www.zshare.net/download/621698666c9cfe/ (Post 43 of this thread (Page 3))

I also used AppleHDAPatcherv1.20.zip found in attached files in first post of http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=32859

And the codec number 5 located in the first post of this thread posted by bari86 (link: Sigmatel_9205_Codec_5.txt (Right click, save target as...))

Unzip every downloaded file in Leopard, not in Windows. (Well, just those that come zipped :) )

I did exactly what Gahca described (except from reinstalling Leopard):

I deleted AppleAzaliaAudio.kext in the /System/Library/Extensions folder.

----I used the number 5, to use it drag it onto the AppleHDAPatcherv1.20, it may ask for your password.----

Then I rebooted.

Then it wasn't working so I copied AGAIN Paulo's AppleHDA.kext into the /System/Library/Extensions folder and replaced the one I previously put even though they are exactly the same.

Hope this helps you!

OK.:-)

Many Many Many Thanks. You have been very kind. Thanks again :)

Hey Guys,

I got it to work on my 1720 too, headphones and speakers but the AppleHDA.kext file provided by obarack gets sound on both headphones and speakers at the same time. So, i used the AppleHDA.kext file that marcone-xiii provided (it should be around 345k) and with that i Could switch between speakers and headphones.

Also I dumped my own codec file which I'm attaching.

Thanks for your help everybody

SigmaTel_9205.txt

Hello,

please help,

I've tried all of the methods to make some sound for my Dell Vostro 1700, but still I cannot do anything.

AppleHDAPatcherv1.2 (or the earlier versions) doesn't work on my laptop, the window remains empty after I made drag and drop process.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

Any idea?

Thanks in advance

Mry

Dell Vostro 1700

Intel DuoCore 2,2

2 Gb RAM

Nvidia8600 GT 266 Mb

2x120 Gb SATA HDD

OsX Leo 5.1 Kalyway (mbr, separated HD)

hello

when i try to replace the AppleHDA.kext in the extensions folder, it's said me the system extention cannot be used beacause the extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Plugins/IOHDAFamily.kext is not installing correctly and cannot be used

Please try to reinstall that or contact the supplier..

It told me the same message for /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleHDAController.kext

My laptop is a Vostro 1500...

Someone can help me?

• 2 weeks later...

i use Sigmatel_9205_Codec_4 and applehdapatcher 1。20 and i got this

AppleHDA Patcher - 2006/2007 by Taruga v1.20

* Patching AppleHDA.kext to 0x838476a0 Done

* Checking AppleHDA for patch Done

0001f4a7 cmpl $0x838476a0,%eax

0002058b cmpl $0x838476a0,%eax

* Checking for SPDIF Out Detected

* Checking for SPDIF In Not Detected

* Using the following nodes in pathmap

Speaker :

* Copying new config to destination Done

* Repairing Permissions Done

* Deleting Extensions Cache Done

** Done patching - You can reboot now **

it says detected spdif out but when i reboot i still got no sound。

some body help!!!

i use Sigmatel_9205_Codec_4 and applehdapatcher 1。20 and i got this

AppleHDA Patcher - 2006/2007 by Taruga v1.20

* Patching AppleHDA.kext to 0x838476a0 Done

* Checking AppleHDA for patch Done

0001f4a7 cmpl $0x838476a0,%eax

0002058b cmpl $0x838476a0,%eax

* Checking for SPDIF Out Detected

* Checking for SPDIF In Not Detected

* Using the following nodes in pathmap

Speaker :

* Copying new config to destination Done

* Repairing Permissions Done

* Deleting Extensions Cache Done

** Done patching - You can reboot now **

it says detected spdif out but when i reboot i still got no sound。

some body help!!!

try check my other forum...

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=90398

Hey guys, I still haven't gotten my sound working, and the sound is the only thing keeping me from making leo my primary OS!

I've used all of the kexts, and nothing will work. Right now, the only device that shows up in the sound box is "HD Audio Device," with no inputs. I've tried the HDA patcher, but none of the codecs will take, not even my own!

My laptop is, of course, a Dell Inspiron 1520, with the Sigmatel 9205. I used the iATKOS v1.05ir2, and then updated using software update to 10.5.2, and somehow recovered from that.

Oh, if I delete the AppleAzaliaAudio.kext, nothing is detected at all, and no speaker shows up in the top.

Thanks for the advice, if you have it!

Hey guys, I still haven't gotten my sound working, and the sound is the only thing keeping me from making leo my primary OS!

I've used all of the kexts, and nothing will work. Right now, the only device that shows up in the sound box is "HD Audio Device," with no inputs. I've tried the HDA patcher, but none of the codecs will take, not even my own!

My laptop is, of course, a Dell Inspiron 1520, with the Sigmatel 9205. I used the iATKOS v1.05ir2, and then updated using software update to 10.5.2, and somehow recovered from that.

Oh, if I delete the AppleAzaliaAudio.kext, nothing is detected at all, and no speaker shows up in the top.

Thanks for the advice, if you have it!

Follow steps 2,3 and 4 and you'll have sound.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=614704

I found a solution to this restart/shutdown problem, which should work on all Vostro 1500/Inspiron 1520 (and possibly all other Dells) with a Sigmatel 9205.

It goes like so;

1. Reinstall Leopard

(Lame, I know. I suppose you could restore all the files that Taruga's patcher changes)

2. Use Taruga's AppleHDA Patcher version 1.18 and not any other version.

AppleHDAPatcherv1.18.zip

3. Drag this codec dump onto the patcher and let it have it's way with it.

Stac9205.txt

4. Replace /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext with this one.

(Ignore any error messages stating it is unusable or corrupt, the next step fixes this)

AppleHDA.kext.zip

5. Fix permissions. Type "diskutil repairPermissions /" without the quotes, in a terminal window, as root.

Reboot and you're good.

Summary of what should be working, based on my own success:

Audio works, obviously B)

Headphones work, as does switching between speakers/headphones.

Line/Mic-in works

Mute works

Multimedia buttons work

RESTART & SHUTDOWN WORK! :D

The only thing missing here seems to be the internal mic :rolleyes:

To my best of knowledge, this is the latest kext here, which is based on the one from paulo-131. I'm sure some of you will be able to put more light on this.

Maybe one of you wicked kexters could have a look at this internal mic issue but most importantly I would like to express my sincere thanks for actually getting so far. Well done people!

Edit: Perhaps worth mentioning that I am using Kalyway on my Vostro 1500, which has bluetooth working out of the box.

===============================================

Dear marcone-xiii,

I downloaded your files, followed your instructions and just got my Dell Inspiron 1720 fully working sound system: mic in, phones out, internal speakers. In a word, it runs flawlessly. Thank you very much, fa7471