Sigmatel 9205 with iATKOS (Leopard)

bari86

341 posts in this topic

How do I determine which audio kext I need? I did an ioreg dump and looked for "Vendor Id" and only came up with 2 places in the file and both are for other devices, not my audio hardware. I'm on a Dell E1505 and I've tried just about every version of the AppleHDA kext and the AppleHDAPatcher with no luck. If I can narrow down which kext I'm supposed to be using that would be half the battle. Thanks!

I tried the procedure in that thread and no luck. Perhaps I need to delete a bunch of kext's to clean out the system and start fresh? Not sure what to delete to get back to a baseline system. At any rate, the procedure in that thread was the first one I tried and like I said, no luck.

Hi, I have a Gateway 6809 laptop, I follow this to get my sound 9205 working, I see that marcone and many others are modifying the AppleHDA.kext and get his sound working. So I have tried to edit them and I get, my Internal speakers, my Headphones, and Mic Working, also mute and volume controls works.

In my research I found why all the kext posted here doesn´t work for me, my codec dump is a little diferent in the subsystem Id this is my info

Codec: SigmaTel STAC9205

Address: 0

Vendor Id: 0x838476a0

Subsystem Id: 0x107b0561

Revision Id: 0x100204

I post here my kext and my codec info for anyone.

Hope this helps

sig9205.txt

AppleHDA.kext.zip

Edit: THIS NOW WORKS!!!! (see below) :P:(:D

I booted an Ubuntu livecd and grabbed the codec0 file .. I ran it through the patcher v1.20 and it recognized my speaker (or so it says) .. then rebooted and still nothing. No audio hardware in profiler and when I hit volume up/down it displays on the screen in grey (disabled).

*bangs head on wall*

I attached the STAC9200 dump to this post. Here are some details:

Codec: SigmaTel STAC9200

Address: 0

Vendor Id: 0x83847690

Subsystem Id: 0x102801bd

Revision Id: 0x102201

--

Edit: Like I said above, I ran the codec0 file through the Patcher 1.20 and rebooted, still no audio. Then I found a post where someone edited their AppleHDA kext to make it match their codec dump so I figured it was worth a shot. But before I started hackin the kext apart I ate some dinner - when I returned my laptop was hibernating so I woke it up, then I navigated to the kext folder and poof - a popup appeared that said "you must reboot your system, press and hold the power key" yada yada .. so I rebooted and viola audio works .. funny that it didn't work the first time I rebooted but hey - whatever works!

By the way, I'm on a Dell E1505 with STAC9200

STAC9200.txt

Hello Guys,

Finally i got my sound card sigmatel 9205 working 100% (mute button, jack plugs, etc). I will attach a package with everything u need to get 100% audio working.

1) Distro of Leopard - Kalyway 10.5.2 or iATKOS 1.0r2

2) Sigmatel9223CodecDump_2.txt (yes this dump is the best one)

3) AppleHDAPatcherv1.20

4) AppleHDA.kext

5) Repair & Set Permissions.command (it's just a shellscript to repair permissions automagically)

a) Save your original copy of AppleHDA.kext

:) After that, remove it

c) Apply the dump file to the Taruga's patcher

d) Copy the AppleHDA.kext to the Extensions Directory (replace the one created by the patcher)

e) Run the shellscript to repair all the permissions

f) Reboot System

Everything should work fine :-)

Ps: I also included other dumps in the package in case you think you could use.

Hope that can help others trying to make the audio sigmatel 9205 work.

Package_Sigmatel_9205.zip

Hello Guys,

Finally i got my sound card sigmatel 9205 working 100% (mute button, jack plugs, etc). I will attach a package with everything u need to get 100% audio working.

3) AppleHDAPatcherv1.20

4) AppleHDA.kext

5) Repair & Set Permissions.command (it's just a shellscript to repair permissions automagically)

-_- After that, remove it

d) Copy the AppleHDA.kext to the Extensions Directory (replace the one created by the patcher)

f) Reboot System

Hi There,

Do you mean the internal Mic Is working too?

And if not is there any solution?

Thanks, Guys

Reece

Didn't test it because i'm using external mic. One only thing i didn't notice is that when the new AppleHDA.kext and the ALCinject.kext are in place, the shutdown led keeps turned on whe u shutdown the system. I think this issue is known as well as the mic that u have talked about. I would say that for me now it's a very good progression and we are find the complete solution very very soon.

Hello Guys,

3) AppleHDAPatcherv1.20

4) AppleHDA.kext

:) After that, remove it

f) Reboot System

Finally, I have sound on my laptop dell inspiron 1521.

But the sound not smooth. What is problem?

p.s: srry for my english skill

For everybody that has a Dell Vostro 1500/1700/etc try this to get sound working.

1)Using AppleHDAPatcherv1.20: patch with a codec dump of audio 9205.(This doesn't have to be dumed using linux. I will provide one with this post to use)

2)Download AppleHDA.kext(which ever one will work. go through post 50-150 for many versions to see if any will work) and Kext Helper b7.

3)Using Kext Helper b7 replace the AppleHDA.kext

4)Reboot

5)When You reboot your media V-up/down and , the mute should work depending on the kext you used.

I have done this over and over again to get sound after reinstalling. The only thing that isn't working is the internal mic.

Other than my sleep not working my laptop runs really well.

For those with WIFI problems go get a dell 1505 wireless-n minicard for your laptop will work automatically with installed I080211Family.kext

To get any of the other unsupported cards to work will require a lot of time and playing to get the driver to actually load.

Stac9205.txt(dump of audio codec)

Kext_Helper_b7.zip

AppleHDAPatcherv1.20.zip

AppleHDA.kext_2.zip(Kext file also known as AppleHDA.kext version3 of paulo's ones)

Hi Again,

Guys, I know this is a stupid question but why is the Internal Microphone

in the Dell Inspiron 1520 so hard to get working? Is there a known driver

for Linux that we can dump the code of? And if there is a viable solution for this

issue how is the progress going, who is creating it?

I would really appreciate any response.

Thanks

Reece

• 2 weeks later...

Tried 5 different tutorials on this thread - still no dice. marcon-iii, macx987, and a couple older ones.

Vostro 1500 w/ 9205 (Dev id 76a0)

- running iATKOS 10.5.1 with the Kalyways 10.5.2 update and a 9.2.0 kernel

- Showing "No Audio Device" in mac info, never has

Also, I don't quite understand why all the instructions have us running the HDA patcher, then immediately replacing the HDA kext with a downloaded copy....?????

Tried 5 different tutorials on this thread - still no dice. marcon-iii, macx987, and a couple older ones.

Vostro 1500 w/ 9205 (Dev id 76a0)

- running iATKOS 10.5.1 with the Kalyways 10.5.2 update and a 9.2.0 kernel

- Showing "No Audio Device" in mac info, never has

Also, I don't quite understand why all the instructions have us running the HDA patcher, then immediately replacing the HDA kext with a downloaded copy....?????

i just used TheMarine's EFI guide (http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=104078) last nite, and it worked great on my vostro1500. should be the same internals as yours i'd imagine. give it a shot. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all. Hopefully there's still some smart people around who dealt with this problem with everyone else... I'm bringing a new model to the table I believe.

I have a Precision M6300 w/Quadro FX3600m 512 video, Core2Dup 2.4, 4GB RAM, basically loaded save for Blue-Ray and the fingerprint reader :D I'm very close to getting it all working on Kalyway 10.5.2 I'll be picking up a Dell 1505 card to replace the Intel 4965 that isn't supported (and don't think it ever will be with encryption). Using a Belkin stick in the interim. Video works perfectly with stock nvidia 512 driver. Running vanilla kernel. 2-finger scroll working. Ethernet - I don't care. Broadcom 57xx. Sound is a 9205.

I tried all sorts of patches and finally one of the kexts from this thread fired it up. I don't know if the whole codec patch did anything, the kext from here is what got it going. I have vol up/down/mute working, and I see it autoswitch in SysPrefs. Works fine with headphone connector. Speakers NOT working.

I downloaded a Ubuntu live CD. Confirmed speakers work. Mounted XP and Leopard drives in Read-Only. Awesome. Did the dump, its attached. Dropped that in to the 1.8 patcher, repair permissions and reboot. Lost everything save for vol up/down. Overwrote kext as instructed and rebooted. I'm back in the same spot - no mic in or internal speakers working.

;):P:wallbash:

I'm going to compare a bit to the codec dumps from here as well as plist files I guess and see what I can come up with, but I'm starting cold in terms of figuring out how all this works so any help would be appreciated.

I'll FedEx good Canadian beer to anyone who can get it working for me ! ;)

-Adam

PS: Note to anyone else trying to install Kalyway 10.5.2 to this laptop... It appears to fail on boot of the DVD. Boot it up and wait for it to stop. Go on a date, or take the kids to the park, or mow your lawn. Come back, and it has about a 50% chance of being at the "Choose a language" screen. Other times it will just fail. I've successfully booted it twice ... YMMV.

Edit: Forgot to attach dump.

ST9205_M6300.txt

Hello Guys,

3) AppleHDAPatcherv1.20

4) AppleHDA.kext

;) After that, remove it

f) Reboot System

Tried this for Inspiron 1520...worked like a charm on iatkos 1.0

Info.zipGood news :

My Sigmatel 9205 is working (not fully) on my Latitude D830. in fact only speakers work :(

What doesn′t work :

Jack : when i plug sthg, it doesn′t stop speakers and i don t hear anything in.

Input : doesn′t work at all.

Sound buttons work except mute one.

Hear is my AppleHDA.kext

Edit : sorry, i have problem with the internet.

To make it work, apply the codec file to HdaPatcher, and then replace the info.plist inside :D

It is based on the one made by HdaPatcher, and i modified the info.plist file according to my codec file.

EDIT 2 : kext : http://www.zshare.net/download/621698666c9cfe/

How do you apply the codec file? I've had my Mac OS X86 running for a couple of days.

Everything running well except no sound (Dell Vostro 1500). Tried the AppleHDA.kext and installed, but didn't work. Although, I don't know what I'm doing with kexts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello Guys,

3) AppleHDAPatcherv1.20

4) AppleHDA.kext

:blink: After that, remove it

f) Reboot System

I was wondering im trying to drap and drop the codecdump2 .txt file into the applehdapatcherv1.20 and it wont let me drag and drop it. it wont go into the patcher?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...