Sigmatel 9205 with iATKOS (Leopard)

bari86

341 posts in this topic

I have sound thanks, but my sound only works smoothly if I continue to move the mouse around. Thus if the mouse isn't moving then the audio is extremely choppy. (This is while I am playing music) Is there any solution to this......I have the Sigmatel STAC9205x hardware.....Please Help!!!!

I have sound thanks, but my sound only works smoothly if I continue to move the mouse around. Thus if the mouse isn't moving then the audio is extremely choppy. (This is while I am playing music) Is there any solution to this......I have the Sigmatel STAC9205x hardware.....Please Help!!!!

Try to put your system through the sleep and wake cycle once and see if that helps. It seems to straighten out some sound and video problems. The only problem is it will need to be done eveytime you reboot.

• 3 weeks later...
If you have post 83 file working, you can try these files:

- File 1 : based on post 83 : should work for all who have post 83 working. It doesn't add any feature.

- File 2 : should add Mic Input compared to post 83

- File 3 : should add Mute compared to posrt 83 (it s normal if there is not Mic In)

Please tell me what files don't work with you. Thanks. :thumbsdown_anim:

Edit : better with files ... :D

I have a Dell D630 that I just installed Leopard onto using the D630 install guide posted on these forums. Most things work great!

I also have my internal microphone working.

But not my external speakers. The headphone jack is working, the mute button works, the volume +/- buttons work.

I did this by following the directions posted in the install guide: D630 Install Guide... Except for one key difference. I used the second AppleHDA.kext from post #129 of this thread, instead of the one provided by the install guide.

With the kext from the install guide, I had volume +/- buttons, external speakers, line in, and headphone switching.

Is there a way to combine these two kexts? I'd have a perfectly working system if so!

• 3 weeks later...

It worked!!!!, ;) thank you guys, I have been looking for this solution for a few days, and finally I found it, thank you, thank you, I really appreciate it, take care and if you need help in something else, count me in.

P.D. Solution on page 4 by Paulo worked on my Inspiron 1520

I have a Gateway t-6815 and it has a sigmatel 9205 according to my codec dumps I have attached the one from the suggested live cd...and I tried pablo's applehda kexts and they didn't work and I did use hda patcher too with pablo's kexts but still no sound I would have attached my applehda.kext but for some reason it won't let me...any help would be greatly appreciated I feel confidant that since most of you guys have working 9205 cards someone can help me so please pablo HELP!!!

9205_Codec_Dump.txt

MODEL: inspiron 1520 (stac9205)

VERSION: paulo's APPLEHDA.kext (I am using paulo's ktext from jan the 6th)

WORKS: sound output, automatic switch between Headphones and Speakers.input displays as availble but untested

COMMENT: with last applehda.kext (post 110),all sound doesn't work

Drudess

I'm really not understanding what a .kext file is, and how I'm supposed to change this. I'm on a Dell 1520 also, with no sound working.

I'm really not understanding what a .kext file is, and how I'm supposed to change this. I'm on a Dell 1520 also, with no sound working.

Well basically what you got to do Fayt, is follow the instrucctions on the page that i mention, and obviously get the necessary files first, that worked for me like a charm and i have the same machine as you, let me know if i can help you out on something.

Hello Guys,

Finally i got my sound card sigmatel 9205 working 100% (mute button, jack plugs, etc). I will attach a package with everything u need to get 100% audio working.

1) Distro of Leopard - Kalyway 10.5.2 or iATKOS 1.0r2

2) Sigmatel9223CodecDump_2.txt (yes this dump is the best one)

3) AppleHDAPatcherv1.20

4) AppleHDA.kext

5) Repair & Set Permissions.command (it's just a shellscript to repair permissions automagically)

a) Save your original copy of AppleHDA.kext

:censored2: After that, remove it

c) Apply the dump file to the Taruga's patcher

d) Copy the AppleHDA.kext to the Extensions Directory (replace the one created by the patcher)

e) Run the shellscript to repair all the permissions

f) Reboot System

Everything should work fine :-)

Ps: I also included other dumps in the package in case you think you could use.

Hope that can help others trying to make the audio sigmatel 9205 work.

Thank You! Thank You! Works perfectly. Only thing I did different was to use the Disk Utility to repair permissions.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi!!! There is another option for people than do not its too advanced... like me, the dell package by sonotone, for me made the sounds works almost perfectly.

I used the sigmatel 9220 and 9205 drivers to install and my sounds works almost properly.

But i ve got a question, my internal mic it doesnt work (im thinking about drivers for built in web cam? but the input line works great, also i cant switch between headphones and speakers on an automatic way. I proof myself too many ways and DISCOVER THAT ITS NVINJECT WHO MADE THE POWER BUG FOR NOT SHUTDOWN, still waiting for a proper solution for that.

I ve got all my system configured as good as i could, and too many software installed like to try to many things, any idea if changing something in my kext it could help me to made mi internal mic works?.

I ve got Inspiron 1720 and sigmatel 9205.

PD: You guys are amazing and are doing and terrific wirk on this wicked world of hackintosh.

Hello Guys,

Finally i got my sound card sigmatel 9205 working 100% (mute button, jack plugs, etc). I will attach a package with everything u need to get 100% audio working.

3) AppleHDAPatcherv1.20

4) AppleHDA.kext

5) Repair & Set Permissions.command (it's just a shellscript to repair permissions automagically)

:censored2: After that, remove it

d) Copy the AppleHDA.kext to the Extensions Directory (replace the one created by the patcher)

f) Reboot System

after a crash trying another drivers, this method works for me almost 100% just mic in not working, but ive got eve automatic switch between head and internal speakers...

thanks too much. :() :D

I think you should only copy AppleHDA.kext (http://www.zshare.net/download/621698666c9cfe/) to /System/Library/Extensions, repair permissions and reboot.

I don′t think the subsystem Id has an impact if you have a Sigmatel 9205.

I don't know... I read lot of suggestion in this forum and in other ones, as well. But I really could not find a solution!

My wife has a Dell Vostro 1700 with SigmaTel 9205.

I have installed iATKOS v4i. http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/1554158/6201776/

Install was OK, (I could not install Kalyway before)

Video is: nVidia GeForce 8600 GT

I can change the resolutions but I have no Quartz Extrem supporting. But because it looks like nice I do not care that quartz supporting. But the audio is do!

Unfortunately it does not work! She would like to use a mic and camera too.

So please tell me, is there a working solution for that problem or not?

If there is not, any one would like to buy a Dell Vostro 1700!

Thank you!

Hello Guys,

3) AppleHDAPatcherv1.20

4) AppleHDA.kext

-_- After that, remove it

f) Reboot System

This has been such a headache for me... after 3 days of goofing with this darn SigmaTel driver, it is finally working.

So far I have tested external speakers and headphone jack, and all works wonderfully!

Congratulations on a job well done mferreira85. This is what has been keeping me from running this as a primary OS and I thank you very much for posting your findings on this matter. Also a thanks goes out to all the people who have contributed to the OSx86 project.

Kudos to all of you.

Btw - My system is a Gateway M-6846. Still waiting for the Intel 3945ABG, but I at least still have internet via either the ethernet port or my Netgear WG111v2 USB dongle.

HI,

I have a inspiron 1520 with 10.5.3 leopard installed by kalyway .

I've try to install " Sigmatel_9205_Codec_0___My_own_1520_codec_dump.txt ( 4.91K ) Number of downloads: 1146" with AppleHDAPatcher

when that's done i've repaired by onyx, and restart, but i have any sound :s

But before à try to install this, i have install another codec for STAC9228, maybe i need delete something to reapply this patch ?

What patch i take of theys :

Attached File Sigmatel_9205_Codec_3.txt ( 5.04K ) Number of downloads: 1077

Attached File Sigmatel_9205_Codec_1.txt ( 4.89K ) Number of downloads: 572

Attached File Sigmatel_9205_Codec_2.txt ( 5.06K ) Number of downloads: 463

Attached File Sigmatel_9205_Codec_4.txt ( 4.91K ) Number of downloads: 454

Attached File Sigmatel_9205_Codec_5.txt ( 4.91K ) Number of downloads: 2554

Attached File Sigmatel_9205_Codec_0___My_own_1520_codec_dump.txt ( 4.91K ) Number of downloads: 1146

And with how version of appleHDApatcher i install it please ?

Thanks a lot, have nice time :)

(sorry for my bad english but i'm not english ^^)

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys.

for the last three days i've been desperetely trying to get my sound working but everything i've done was in vain.

i feel like screaming!!!

i've read lots of threads and posts and tried many kexts and patchers but nothing seem to do the job. i am getting more and more confused.

i have installed iATKOS v1.0i on my dell inspiron 1720

-----------

CPU : Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo T5500, P478, 1.66 Ghz, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, EM64T

Mainboard : Chipset - Intel Crestline GM965

RAM : DDR2 2x1024 MB 667 MHz

Video : Intel GMA X3100 - 965 Chipset, up-to 384 shared system memory

Sound : SigmaTel STAC 9205X

LAN : Broadcom NetXtreme BCM4401

WLAN : Dell Wireless 1490

HDD : Fujitsu Siemens, SATA, 160 GB

BIOS : A03 Phoenix

and i have the sound icon displayed next to the clock(no sound though) and my mute and volume media buttons are working(when clicked a window appears showing me the level of volume).

after several attempts with different kext and patchers the the icon just dissapers and nothing seems to bring her back. Also a syestem windows appears telling me that some kexts were improperly installed in System/Library/Extensions.

For my last attempt to get the sound working i followed the instructions of marcone-xiii (post 222) link - here

and after i typed 'diskutil repairPermissions /' in the terminal window a hit enter this text appeard

Last login: Mon Sep 29 23:01:54 on ttys000
berov-bross-inspiron-1720:~ berovBROS$ diskutil repairPermissions /
Started verify/repair permissions on disk disk0s1 Leopard
Group differs on "home", should be 80, group is 0
Group differs on "net", should be 80, group is 0
Group differs on "private/var/log/install.log", should be 0, group is 80
Permissions differ on "private/var/log/install.log", should be -rw-r--r-- , they are -rw-r----- 
[ + 0%..10%..20%..30%..40%..50%..60%..70%..80%..90%..100% ] 
Finished verify/repair permissions on disk disk0s1 Leopard
berov-bross-inspiron-1720:~ berovBROS$

i don't know if its bad or good but after the restart the volume icon was right there next to the clock and the media buttons seemed to work too.

A big smile shined upon my face but when i opened youtube and played a video a realised that the sound wasnt working.

Please guys, help me with this endless and horrible sigmatel 9205 nighmare.

I don't want to reinstall iATKOS 2-3 times a day until the end of my life.

• 2 weeks later...

for those of you who have the pwr led on after getting audio working i found a solution seems its not sound its the cpu being dual core seems to break osx check this thread get the psystar openhalt.ktext i have tested this and it works 100% all it does is shut down 1 core just b4 shut down and then the os and the laptop exit properly

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=903947