Sigmatel 9205 with iATKOS (Leopard)

bari86

341 posts in this topic

I have the same problem since I tried to get my 9205 to work like it has been discribed.

Just curious on this, but are you sure it was after trying to get the 9205 to work. I have an Inspiron 1720 (very similar to the Vostro 1700) and I would swear that the shutdown problem started after getting the 8600m gt to work with whole 10.5.2 and nvinject thing.

Just curious on this, but are you sure it was after trying to get the 9205 to work. I have an Inspiron 1720 (very similar to the Vostro 1700) and I would swear that the shutdown problem started after getting the 8600m gt to work with whole 10.5.2 and nvinject thing.

Not quite sure.

But I thought it appeared after playing around with the applehda.kext

Shutdown Problem started on my Vostro 1700 after installing NV-10.5.2-Kexts!

As a little test I removed my AppleHDA.kext and still had the shutdown problems. I do not have the pre 10.5.2 kexts handy so I cannot remove 10.5.2 kext to test that side of it.

Nvidia threads also state that it is the 10.5.2 kexts. The 10.5.2 kexts are BETA kexts so are not final. Hopefully the final release will fix the problem but still allow them to be usable by us.

That's the problem that all the D630 users are having. I already posted a codec dump for our systems, so that is all that we can do for now. One question for you though, does your system ever hang on shutdown after installing the kext(s)? And also, what distribution are you using (kalyway, iatkos, etc.)?

i noticed in the info.plist file that the integer for headphone and internal speaker are 1 could that be the issue, i tried moving one to 0 and one to one , but didnt fix anythign

edit: also the speaker section on the info.plist is totally differant, gonna tryand play around with it, might be on to something

edit 2, after furhter review, the first kext switchting works, no problem with internal to external speakers. mic input is unknown and mute button doesnt work... gonna dig into how to make the mute work, then ill be happy

ok, i found where the breakage is from the first kext to the v3 kext..

its under the <key>HeadPhone</key>

where we add the <key> MuteGP10</key> <integer>1</integer> after the headphones, and after internal speaker

with these in the file, mute button works, but inter. speakers do not, headphones work with mute,

Dell Vostro 1500

Speakers: working.

Mute: working

Headphones: working,

external mic: working

internal mic:not working(shows up as unknown)

Using the second kext file from paulo's list of three.

first and third kext work fine.

For those that still can't get the sound to work get a kext from paulo's post #63(i think thats the #)

Dump or download a 9205 codec.

Use tarungas patcher with the codec

using a kext replacing program(google them)

replace the AppleHDA.kext with Paulo's one.

restart

sound should now work. from here you can go up on update one kext at a time to see how far it works.

if it doesnt work try to get the dump from you computer and post it so paulo can see if he can work his magic.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"><plist version="1.0"><!-- Patched by Taruga's AppleHDA Patcher v1.16 --><dict> <key>CFBundleDevelopmentRegion</key> <string>English</string> <key>CFBundleExecutable</key> <string>AppleHDA</string> <key>CFBundleGetInfoString</key> <string>1.2.4a21, Copyright Apple Computer, Inc. 2005-2006</string> <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key> <string>com.apple.driver.AppleHDA</string> <key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key> <string>6.0</string> <key>CFBundleName</key> <string>Apple HDA Driver</string> <key>CFBundlePackageType</key> <string>KEXT</string> <key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key> <string>1.2.4</string> <key>CFBundleSignature</key> <string>????</string> <key>CFBundleVersion</key> <string>1.2.4a21</string> <key>IOKitPersonalities</key> <dict> <key>HDA Driver</key> <dict> <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key> <string>com.apple.driver.AppleHDA</string> <key>CodecInfo</key> <array> <dict> <key>AnalogOut</key> <dict> <key>SignalProcessing</key> <dict> <key>Volume</key> <dict> <key>SoftwareVolume</key> <dict/> </dict> </dict> </dict> <key>CodecID</key> <integer>2206496416</integer> <key>DetectAssistants</key> <array> <dict> </dict> </array> </dict> </array> <key>IOClass</key> <string>AppleHDADriver</string> <key>IOProviderClass</key> <string>AppleHDACodec</string> <key>InputSampleLatency</key> <integer>30</integer><!-- Sigmatel --> <key>Layouts</key> <array> <dict> <key>LayoutID</key> <integer>12</integer> <key>PathMapRef</key> <array> <dict> <key>CodecID</key> <array> <integer>2206496416</integer> </array> <key>Headphone</key> <dict> <key>AmpPostDelay</key> <integer>150</integer> <key>AmpPreDelay</key> <integer>150</integer> </dict> <key>Inputs</key> <array> <string>LineIn</string> <string>Mic</string> <string>SPDIFIn</string> </array> <key>IntSpeaker</key> <dict> <key>AmpPostDelay</key> <integer>150</integer> <key>AmpPreDelay</key> <integer>150</integer> <key>MaximumBootBeepValue</key> <integer>64</integer> </dict> <key>LineIn</key> <dict/> <key>LineOut</key> <dict> <key>AmpPostDelay</key> <integer>150</integer> <key>AmpPreDelay</key> <integer>150</integer> </dict> <key>Mic</key> <dict/> <key>Outputs</key> <array> <string>IntSpeaker</string> <string>Headphone</string> <string>LineOut</string> <string>SPDIFOut</string> </array> <key>PathMapID</key> <integer>1</integer> <key>SPDIFIn</key> <dict/> <key>SPDIFOut</key> <dict/> </dict> </array> </dict> </array> <key>OutputSampleLatency</key> <integer>30</integer> <key>PathMaps</key> <array> <dict> <key>PathMap</key> <array><!-- SPEAKER --> <array> <array> <array> <dict> <key>NodeID</key> <integer></integer> </dict> <dict> <key>Amp</key> <dict> <key>Channels</key> <array> <dict> <key>Bind</key> <integer>1</integer> <key>Channel</key> <integer>1</integer> </dict> <dict> <key>Bind</key> <integer>2</integer> <key>Channel</key> <integer>2</integer> </dict> </array> <key>MuteInputAmp</key> <true/> <key>PublishMute</key> <true/> <key>PublishVolume</key> <true/> <key>VolumeInputAmp</key> <false/> </dict> <key>NodeID</key> <integer></integer> </dict> </array> </array> </array> </array> <key>PathMapID</key> <integer>1</integer> </dict> </array> <key>SampleOffsetPad</key> <integer>260</integer> </dict> <key>HDA Generic Codec Driver</key> <dict> <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key> <string>com.apple.driver.AppleHDA</string> <key>IOClass</key> <string>AppleHDACodecGeneric</string> <key>IOHDACodecFunctionGroupType</key> <integer>1</integer> <key>IOProviderClass</key> <string>IOHDACodecFunction</string> </dict> </dict> <key>OSBundleLibraries</key> <dict> <key>com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily</key> <string>1.1fc9</string> <key>com.apple.iokit.IOHDAFamily</key> <string>1.0.0d1</string> <key>com.apple.kpi.bsd</key> <string>8.0.0b3</string> <key>com.apple.kpi.iokit</key> <string>8.0.0b3</string> <key>com.apple.kpi.libkern</key> <string>8.0.0b3</string> <key>com.apple.kpi.mach</key> <string>8.0.0b3</string> </dict></dict></plist>Im not sure if that is what mine is or if this is the one i replaced thank you its for dell vostro 1500what else do i need to do because i cannot get this to work

iwantsound44.

You have a dell vostro 1500 with 9205 right.

Download the attached kext(its the one from paulos post 63)

Use Sidux linux live cd to dump your codec or use any or use the dump provided by paulo(attached).

use Tauraga AppleHDA patcher and drag the codec on to it.

Then use the kext replacer I attached to replace the AppleHDA

restart

sound should work if it does download the codec from paulo(think its post like 85 or somthing)

replace the AppleHDA kext with that one using the kext replacer.

if your sound still works download the second kext from post 130

If your sound doesn't work for with the first kext file get a dump of your audio using linux live cd and post it in this thread and maybe paulo will get back to you with help

If it works with the one of the kext files but doesn't work with the other just use the one where it works and leave a codec dump on the thread.

Kext_Helper_b7.zip

AppleHDAPatcherv1.20.zip

Stac9205.txt

AppleHDA.kext.zip

Shogunprotege, how exactly did you get your D630s sound working? I cannot get any kext after the speakers only one (the first one posted) working.

delete applehda.kext and alcinject.kext from extensions folder , also nuke extentions.mkext

open apple hda patcher, use codec dump,

open Kext helper and install the 1st applehda.kext post that paulio posted, reboot and you should have sound out of ur internal speakers only..

Shogunprotege, that is exactly what I did, and I do have sound from my internal speakers only. Above, I thought that you implied that you had internal speakers AND headphones working. I thought this because you said that switch between internal and external speakers worked perfectly. Thanks for clearing that up for me though...

someone with a dell vostro 1500 can you give me a walkthrough as to what you did to get yout sound working

I want sound so bad

thank you very much

Idiot look a few 2 posts above this one you dumbass. I give a whole explaination on how to get it working with the kext made by paulo.