Sigmatel 9205 with iATKOS (Leopard)

bari86

341 posts in this topic

I use the preview patch of the AppleHDA.kext of paulo and work with volume control but no mute . But then i install the new update of yesterday and then nothing works it controls but there no sound so I get back to the other version and everything works again. I dont know why it does not work the switch part .

Strange. What computer do you have ?

i have Gateway m–6804m , im from mexico , but i will try with any of your next updates to see if i get work the microphone or the switch. Thanks anyway you are doing a great job with this .Thank you so much .ohh i forgot i have a core dump of the linux drive , alsa, that work . It doesnt switch either but it may help you . i dont know if you can get any info with that dump. I send you anyway.

Oh. I forgot to say that i have a core dump of my linux drive , alsa , it doesnt switch either but it may help something. Maybe you can see anything that can help me . Thank you again. :wacko:

sig9205.txt

i have Gateway m–6804m , im from mexico , but i will try with any of your next updates to see if i get work the microphone or the switch. Thanks anyway you are doing a great job with this .Thank you so much .

Do you have your codec file ? Maybe as you don t have a Dell, your soundcard is different, so you have to make an AppleHDA.kext a bit different too.

Yes i have hahahah i was thinking the same thing check it out in the preview post . Thanks !!

Well in fact i can control volume i dont know if thats possible in the dell kext . But it doesnt mute either .

i have build in microphone but it does work in the sound preferences i have a "internal microphone" type "build in" , but it doesnt work at all.

How i got my Vostro 1700 working:

- Download Linux-Live-CD from Sidux.com

- Booted Linux

- Switched on the Soundcard

- I typed in console :

su
cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#0

- then i copied the Codec-Info into a *.txt-File on my thumbdrive

- I downloaded HDAPatcher 1.20

- Booted OSX and Drag&Droped my txt-File into the Patcher-Icon in my downloads-folder

- Rebooted (got no sound)

- Used kexthelper with paulo's new kext

- Rebooted - and then sound worked

I have an Inspiron 1520 (Sigmatel 9205) and have been unable to get the sound to work. It gets recognized, but no sound comes out.

I have tried almost all the kexts in this thread.

My steps were.

1) Replace AppleHDA.kext with the ones downloaded from this site that were posted after Jan 6)

2) Repair permissions.

3) Restart my PC.

Now if I don't delete the AppleAzaliaAudio, I get the volume adjust by the time and my sound properties look like the following

withazil.GIF

If I delete the AppleAzaliaAudio, the volume adjust disappears and my sound properties look like the following

regular.GIF

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I have a latitude D630, and it only works with the first kext you posted (which has speaker output only). If it helps you at all (and it may help other people too) I am attaching my codec dump from Suse 10.3. Thanks for your work!!!

P.S. Sometimes when I shut down my laptop, since I installed your kext, the system hangs.

codec_dump1.txt

people... i need some info... please state if your 9205 are working in an simple format.

Example:

Model: Dell (your pc model)

Which version are you using: (Maybe indicate the kext by stating the forum post number)

Works: (What is working)

Problem : (Anything that not working - mute button maybe?)

Comment: (Any abnormal behaviour the kext have done or any comment you want to add)

This will definitely helps paulo and others to create a better solutions.

As requested a more concise report.

Model: Dell Inspirion 1520

Version I have used: Paulo-post 110 / Paulo-post83/ Kirstoff-post 61/paulo-post 66/bari-post 56

Works: Volume adjuster by time is visiable, and options are available in sound (same behavior from all kexts)

Problem : No sound from speakers or headphones. (same behavior for all kexts)

MODEL: inspiron 1520 (stac9205)

VERSION: paulo's APPLEHDA.kext (post 83)

WORKS: sound output, automatic switch between Headphones and Speakers.

PROBLEM: no sound input EDIT: EXT MIC WORKS, INT MIC DOESN'T WORK

COMMENT: with last applehda.kext (post 110),all sound doesn't work