Sigmatel 9205 with iATKOS (Leopard)

bari86

341 posts in this topic

I tried the above with my Dell Inspiron 1720, but it didn't work. It appears to work, but no actual sound is transmitted.

It works with my 1720. Just output. System profiler says No Built-in Audio. I can play music through iTunes.

I tried the above with my Dell Inspiron 1720, but it didn't work. It appears to work, but no actual sound is transmitted.

maybe there are some way to get it works. but the method i post is the one that works for me. I have tried a few ways before i can get it working. maybe u need to tweak the method a bit. i dunno. give it a shot and report back

bari86,

Your sig says "now I cannot shutdown/restart properly". Did that start after getting your 8600M GT working? I have no solution for it, but after I got my 8600M working is when I stopped being able to shutdown with out the power button.

bari86,

Your sig says "now I cannot shutdown/restart properly". Did that start after getting your 8600M GT working? I have no solution for it, but after I got my 8600M working is when I stopped being able to shutdown with out the power button.

first when i install iatkos i can restart and shutdown properly. i cant remember when this prob happen but i think when i try to apply 8600M GT solution or when i try to use applehda patch. but i dont really think the applehda patch do this. i cant really remember. but i once can shutdown properly.

To make sound work, i first used HdaPatcher with my codec. And as for all, it doesn ′t work.

But when i opened the info.plist file of the new AppleHDA.kext, i compare it to the file i get when i use a codec of stac9200. And it seems that HDAPatcher doesn′t read well the codec as there is some information missing in this file comparing to 9200 one.

Then i just tried to understand how the HDAPatcher works by comparing 9200 info.plist and 9200 codec.

Here are the file i use :

http://www.zshare.net/download/6236655febfc9e/

Here is a new AppleHDA.kext. Output jack should work : in the configuration panel, you can choose between Speakers and Jack. I don′t how to have an automatic switch between them. Input still doesn t work, i don t really know why.

http://www.zshare.net/download/623675586d0f5b/

Sorry for my poor english :thumbsup_anim:

Edit : i can not too shutdown since i have installed the nvidia drivers from 10.5.2. I hope it will be fix with the official release of 10.5.2

EDIT 2 / Does someone have the original AppleHDA.kext from Iaktos or Kalyway. I would need it to see how the info.plist is made. Thanks ;)

It didnt work for me either! Im on a Vostro 1700. Just tried the kext of paulo and used diskutility to fix permission. Gonna try the command-line-method - maybe its workin!

I have the sound working on my Vostro 1700. I have my install detailed here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...6&hl=vostro

Also: I am curious whether you encountered any of the problems I did during installation - if you have a similar setup. In any case, this should help you get sound working - it might be the options you selected under Customize.

Thanks

Do you have a codec file from your computer ? I could try to solve your problem.

do u need codec dump? check my post #1. in that post there are 1 codec that i named "Sigmatel_9205_Codec_0___My_own_1520_codec_dump.txt"

this is my own codec dump that i created. it takes a lot of effort to get this codec dump. this codec dump if for Dell 1520. anyone that have dell 1520 can use this one. and if u have our own codec dump, please compare it with mine. I want to know if there are different dump for same Dell 1520.

@kristoff Thank you for your help, but that didnt work for me. Maybe bc i dont have iAtkos installed. I use BrazilMac i think and updated to 10.5.1. Any clue if that has sth. to do with sound not working? OSX doesnt show up any audio-device neither input nor output!

New version :

- Speakers and jack output should work

- Jack input should work (tested with a simple mic)

To install :

- Copy the AppleHDA.kext to /System/Library/Extensions

- repair permissions

You should also maybe remove AppleAzalia.kext

If doesn′t work : try to first use HdaPatcher with whatever codec file, and then retry to install the AppleHDA.kext

If it still doesn t work, try to get your codec file, i ll try to see what doesn t work :)

AppleHDA.kext.zip

Nothing has worked for me so far (on my Inspiron 1720). I tried deleting the Azalia kext, but after I did that the OS reports no sound card at all. That seems kind of weird that those two kexts would be connected.

did you try to use HDAPatcher, and then install my kext ?

What you could also try is :

- Use HDAPatcher with yout codec file

- Replace the info.plist file in AppleHDA.kext by mine

- Fix permissions

- Reboot

What is strange is that it works for some people, but not with others.

did you try to use HDAPatcher, and then install my kext ?

What you could also try is :

- Use HDAPatcher with yout codec file

- Replace the info.plist file in AppleHDA.kext by mine

- Fix permissions

- Reboot

What is strange is that it works for some people, but not with others.

i try to use hdapatcher with mine codec dump tomorrow and I try to replace the info list..

what are you using? I'm using iAtkos with efi8 so maybe that's why it isn't working..

I managed to get this working on my Latitude D830 running kalyway 10.5.1 with vanilla kernel, although kind of in a roundabout way.

First i installed the kext Paulo provided, which didn't work.

Then i used appleHDA 1.20 with the D630 codec dump from wiruzik (the first one he posted), which still didn't work

Then I reinstalled Paulo's kext again, and suddenly speakers, headphones, and line-in all worked!

I managed to get this working on my Latitude D830 running kalyway 10.5.1 with vanilla kernel, although kind of in a roundabout way.

First i installed the kext Paulo provided, which didn't work.

Then i used appleHDA 1.20 with the D630 codec dump from wiruzik (the first one he posted), which still didn't work

Then I reinstalled Paulo's kext again, and suddenly speakers, headphones, and line-in all worked!

You probably left AppleAzaliaAudio.kext installed when you installed the AppleHDA.kext. The two will likely conflict.

Running the AppleHDA patcher will automatically remove AppleAzaliaAudio, but it installed an incorrectly setup AppleHDA.kext, resulting in your audio not working still.

Reinstalling Paulo's kext then replaced the one that the patcher installed, leaving you with only Paulo's kext that works.

New version :

- Speakers and jack output should work

- Jack input should work (tested with a simple mic)

To install :

- Copy the AppleHDA.kext to /System/Library/Extensions

- repair permissions

You should also maybe remove AppleAzalia.kext

If doesn′t work : try to first use HdaPatcher with whatever codec file, and then retry to install the AppleHDA.kext

If it still doesn t work, try to get your codec file, i ll try to see what doesn t work :P

Obviously, as you might expect, my results are the same as yours (I'm on a Latitude D830 as well). Speakers and headphone jack work, but auto-switching doesn't. Mic jack in works, but input level seems a bit low looking at the VU meter in the Sound preference pane. I haven't actually tried recording anything, though.

If you get auto-switching of speakers/headphone working, that'd be awesome. :D