iATKOS is released (updated)

pkmoazzam

295 posts in this topic

found a torrent on that hunting for iso site, as the bay is down, but its got 0 seeders and 33 leechers and was created 2 weeks ago - so its fake. did i read this correctly? they're releasing it to some private tracker and letting some select group of people download it first eh? i hate that {censored}. just relelase it publicly and make it easier on everyone :(

anyway, its awesome news. hopefully this will get me to the promise land as no other install methods have thus far.

Well my new equipment came for my build today and iAtkos was released so it would appear fate has destined I try this release. Does anyone know the requirements?

Hardware: Intel sse3

Software: iAtlkos release, retail Mac OSX Leopard

Is there anything else I'll need? I gather the whole point is to include EFI and patches so they would not be required. Yes?

*** edit ***

Well I'll turn around and answer my own question.

eskurza says in IRC...

Hardware: Intel (only) HPET sse3 cpu

Software: iAtkos relase, retail LEO

FYI

Sounds good to me. I've been working with that TOH install and my 8800gtx for a couple days now with no avail. Hopefully this will be the beginning of an idiot proof install. Thanks team uphuck. I wouldn't be to concerned about this not being released on TPB right away, the people with you know what accounts are going to be waiting a while anyway. I can see it now....... 1 seeder / 400 leechers. :censored2:

short answer yes. there are several post about this already.

long answer, he says he has nothing to do with that and it must be someone elses fault.

i don't know for sure but i really don't trust these guys. sounds fishy to me.

personally i'm hoping mac.nub will come back and make a leo.

is it me or is there a virus on the official uphuck iATKOS site...www.iatkos.com

kaspersky doesnt let me access the site..

Personally, i think that TPB is THE best torrent site for several reasons. 1) It doesen´t bend over and takes it in the behind like others. ;)

Another reason is it´s open to anyone. There are more reasons, but these two are the most important ones to me.

Invites didn´t help the green demon.

It just makes people really dissapointed, because they never EVER get to be part of something and actually help to seed with speed. Keep your little club then!

If they don´t want to share it properly, and want more seeds thanks to people with really fast net to help seeding, {censored} Off!

So much for the friendly atmosphear in the community..

It just sucks. Some say it will eventually come to other sites, sure it will, in WEEKS, MONTHS sometimes, if it´s something really popular and sought after thing!

Merry Christmas!

If they don´t want to share it properly, and want more seeds thanks to people with really fast net to help seeding, {censored} Off!

I don't entirely get what you're saying but: Invites made demonoid better. Obviously there will be times when your ratio will be very low for what ever reason, but it should normally be around 1.0 or higher (IMO).

<Insert waffle here>

It's most probably safer for Uphuck to release to a private tracker first and wait for the leechers to post it elsewhere. Weeks? Months? I reckon in 24 hours you'll be able to get it from other sources.

Where do you get all this shinfo from?

I don't entirely get what you're saying but: Invites made demonoid better. Obviously there will be times when your ratio will be very low for what ever reason, but it should normally be around 1.0 or higher (IMO).

> Invites made demonoid better <

Must be the reason why they aren´t around anymore..

Invites means nothing to keeping it safe or secure really. Demonoid is a good proof of that. What says that all people getting invites are good people?

Who decides wich are worthy certain files and others aren´t?

It´s hardly legal or personal files anyway..

It just stinks. Anyone is of course free to do what they want with their site and keeping it a secret, but it sure didn´t help the D site and a few others anyway. I just think that everyone should have the same chance to get this at the same time as others with invites or memberships. It was meant to be for all!

24 hours elsewhere?

Maybe, and maybe not. Yes, some PRO apps with sizes of many GB´s, have only been available on other sites, many many weeks later from release day. It´s good they do appear, but why should some have to wait longer then others?

What makes the selected few better?

I don´t get it.

lol

Midnight plus 2 hours means 2:00 am no? :wacko:

UK=GMT

Current GMT time = 1:41

Current GMT +2 time = 3:41

3:41-2:00 = 1hr 41mins late

No biggie just teaching you about time zones :D

Lollll

I am surprised! :D

They are late again..:wacko:

Oh well I have been waiting for this release and will continue till it is released!

Dudes & dudettes! You will all want to go to a certain web site called - well it has to do with another word for "small" like the car Cooper, and when a star explodes in outer space it goes "Super . . ."

Once there, do a search for iATKOS

LOL! - Right now there are 1 seeder, 15 peers

There's no use to start downloading right now.. wait a little while for more seeders.

Also, that specific tracker has been blacklisted on PeerGuardian.

Listed as: Speedbone|Anti-p2p 217.13.206.133:6969

The pirate ship site place thing would have been better, at least that way we can avoid accidental blacklisting from people running blocklists.