 Leopard (Retail) DVD Perfect Guide 10.5.6 Chameleon 2.0 RC1 April 7,2009

karaakeha1

1,355 posts in this topic

what USB Bluetooth you are using ?

Yeah tell us. I have a BToes 2.0 and I cannot get my Apple Wireless keyboard to work reliably. It pairs but loses connection sometimes, and definitely wont work in the BIOS. In XP it won't even pair.

I ordered a logitech keyboard mouse combo pack (S530 Mac), which will suit my needs.

karaakeha1,

Just wanted to give you a shout out. I just recently bought a DFI LANPARTY DK P35-T2RS and your modified ICH9-R kexts work great on my mobo as well. It has removed the usb orange hdd icons in both IDE and AHCI mode. Thanks!

-Stell

karaakeha1,

Just wanted to give you a shout out. I just recently bought a DFI LANPARTY DK P35-T2RS and your modified ICH9-R kexts work great on my mobo as well. It has removed the usb orange hdd icons in both IDE and AHCI mode. Thanks!

-Stell

Glad it worked for you, Can you pl tell what is Dense Script Mehtod ?

I had to give up on your method for installing leopard, though im pretty sure my failure is due in part to premissions. Installing from another drive with leopard already installed just wasnt working for me, even with attempting to repair premissions. Im pretty sure this is the problem, because i attempted to install Kalway 10.5.1 from my current working leopard install, and that wouldnt boot either, however installing straight from disk seemed to work. I then installed leo server over the working kalaway and it worked! My only problem is i know installing 10.5.2 leopard server update may prove unsucessful.

what USB Bluetooth you are using ?

I use the only one dongle usb bluetooth, working at 100% with mac.

The d-link DBT-120 rev until B4 ( not later)plus flashed with the firmwareupdate.

Everything works well and immediately, no prob on pairing at all.

The prob about wake up with the kboard is motherboard involved, as said earlier.

Pleease, some one give the right direction for overclocking mine E6550 I got a lot of probs with bios.. ;)

Pleease, some one give the right direction for overclocking mine E6550 I got a lot of probs with bios.. ;)

If you search google there must be tons of guides for overclocking core duo's. This is not a mac subject :( I saved a guide for overclocking the quad, maybe it will give you an idea so you can search better?

Overclocking the Q6600 to 4Ghz

yes Coda , as often u are right ;-)

later I give a good search on google, but i'm a little bit disappointed, 'cause, after some test I lost definetely the wake up function.

The machine try to start, then go in loop and isn't able to lunch the bios at all, so I force the power and the machine start again but the wake up is gone..

.probably my fault..I don't know..

yes Coda , as often u are right ;-)

later I give a good search on google, but i'm a little bit disappointed, 'cause, after some test I lost definetely the wake up function.

The machine try to start, then go in loop and isn't able to lunch the bios at all, so I force the power and the machine start again but the wake up is gone..

.probably my fault..I don't know..

This happened once with me Take the Motherboard Battery Out for 3-4 mins and take out the memory. You should be fine

This happened once with me Take the Motherboard Battery Out for 3-4 mins and take out the memory. You should be fine

..ok asap I give it a go, but I notice that my sleep is working on the other installation (with the "oldclassicsmsbios"),so I can say that the last smbios from netkas is not so good on this motherboard , at least mine!

More detailed feedbacks when I will be back at home.

..ok asap I give it a go, but I notice that my sleep is working on the other installation (with the "oldclassicsmsbios"),so I can say that the last smbios from netkas is not so good on this motherboard , at least mine!

More detailed feedbacks when I will be back at home.

This is latest AppleSMBIOS fixes Sleep and video play

I can play DVD images with this one

Removes word hacintOsh From Boot ROM Version too :P

AppleSMBIOS.kext.zip

post-76244-1203457188_thumb.jpg

^

Any idea if this will work with logmein? Currently I'm using the version supplied by Apple in the 10.5.2 update. Sure, the hardware info is incorrect, but I can at least log in remotely.

Have you tried any other AppleSMBIOS if that works with logmein ?

^

Any idea if this will work with logmein? Currently I'm using the version supplied by Apple in the 10.5.2 update. Sure, the hardware info is incorrect, but I can at least log in remotely.

tested logmein not working with latest AppleSMBIOS

But works with Vanilla AppleSMBIOS

Hi there,

first off, thanks to you and ls8 I now have a 98% functional DS4 hackintosh! :(

however, there are a few questions on things I haven't quite been able to figure out yet if anyone can help:

1: Is there any way to utilize the 'hot swap' functionality on any of the sata ports (i.e. with the bracket installed, or a case port)? They are all fully functioning if I have the external plugged in when I boot, but won't recognize if I plug in after the OS is already loaded.

2: How did you get carbon copy cloner to work? I can get it to copy just fine, but it won't boot to the backed up drive...I'm sure I'm probably missing something, but any help will be appreciated. FYI, I installed EFI to the backup drive prior to running CCC, but that is all I did.

3: Is there anything additional I need to do to be able to use the front panel sound (headphone jack primarily)? Or is that even possible? Front panel 1394 and USB are functional, just not sound. FYI, I am only running modified AppleHDA.kext and ALCinject, no EFI strings for GFX or Audio

So, aside from those little things and the spotty shutdown, this thing is working wonderfully! Thanks to all you guys on this forum for the great tips and guides!

EDIT: Here are my specs

CPU: Q6600 Quad

MOBO: Gigabyte P35-DS4 Rev 2.0

RAM: 4 GB (2x2GB) Geil DDR2-800

VIDEO: eVGA 8600GT using NVinject

SOUND/LAN: Onboard

HD: 500GB Samsung Spinpoint + 750GB Maxtor

EXTRA: SiiG 3 port Firewire 800 PCI card

1: Is there any way to utilize the 'hot swap' functionality on any of the sata ports (i.e. with the bracket installed, or a case port)? They are all fully functioning if I have the external plugged in when I boot, but won't recognize if I plug in after the OS is already loaded.

I don't know if OSX supports SATA hot-swap. Someone else can answer this.

2: How did you get carbon copy cloner to work? I can get it to copy just fine, but it won't boot to the backed up drive...I'm sure I'm probably missing something, but any help will be appreciated. FYI, I installed EFI to the backup drive prior to running CCC, but that is all I did.

CCC should work. I have tried it, and for me it did. As long as you have done the EFI install properly. Maybe the latest version of SuperDuper will also work, I haven't tried it yet.

3: Is there anything additional I need to do to be able to use the front panel sound (headphone jack primarily)? Or is that even possible? Front panel 1394 and USB are functional, just not sound. FYI, I am only running modified AppleHDA.kext and ALCinject, no EFI strings for GFX or Audio

As long as your case supports HDA or AC97 front panel and you wired it correctly, then you should be able to get sound out of the front by selecting 'headphone out' as your output device in OSX. IIRC Line-out is the back panel and Headphone is the front panel output. I had no success with the front panel input yet, but the rear mic socket works.

I don't know if OSX supports SATA hot-swap. Someone else can answer this.[/b]

Well I know eSATA hot-swapping works with a card, as I have been using it on a G5 for several months now...so maybe it is something with the AHCI :shrug:

CCC should work. I have tried it, and for me it did. As long as you have done the EFI install properly. Maybe the latest version of SuperDuper will also work, I haven't tried it yet.

I installed it by looking at ls8's pre-patch and just did it that way. As is, if I set the backup drive to boot (either in BIOS or from F12 at startup), it just hangs after Verifying the DMI pool on startup...and if I try to select it from the boot menu (F8) I get a 'non system disk' error.

Is it possible to install EFI *after* a backup has been done, or would I need to run CCC again?

As long as your case supports HDA or AC97 front panel and you wired it correctly, then you should be able to get sound out of the front by selecting 'headphone out' as your output device in OSX. IIRC Line-out is the back panel and Headphone is the front panel output. I had no success with the front panel input yet, but the rear mic socket works.

I'm pretty sure I wired it to the HDA port (my case had 3 options for the front panel). Perhaps I'll try one of the other ports to see if they work. Standard sound on the back works wonderfully, its just the front panel that gets nothing from headphones (even after I switched to headphone out)...and that is really more a matter of convenience than necessity.

Thanks for your reply ;)

I installed it by looking at ls8's pre-patch and just did it that way. As is, if I set the backup drive to boot (either in BIOS or from F12 at startup), it just hangs after Verifying the DMI pool on startup...and if I try to select it from the boot menu (F8) I get a 'non system disk' error.

Is it possible to install EFI *after* a backup has been done, or would I need to run CCC again?

Yes it is. I had a similar issue to you, and after re-installing EFI 8 again, (including adding the boot block to the disk and the GUID partition (the 'dd' command)) it was working OK. You won't overwrite/kill anything important, and as the disk you're modifying isn't your boot drive, you don't need to boot from DVD to do it. Just make sure that you really DO unmount the drive before running the script. Plus, one more tip: I recommend using the edited (to make sure you are working on the correct drive) pre-patch.sh script even though you can do it manually... because I have noticed sometimes after unmount the disk, OSX silently mounted it again! and of course, the 'dd' failed with a 'resource busy' error... ;)

Thanks for your reply :)

You are most welcome. Hopefully someone else will chime-in and give the rest of the answer.

Guys, thank you for the hard work!

I've been reading this forum for a while and decided to build something similar.

Here is my hardware:

MB: GA-P35-DS4 rev. 2.1 Bios F11

CPU: Core 2 Duo 2.23 Ghz

Ram: 2Gb Crucial Ballistix

Video: Nvidia 8800 GTX

Hdd: 2 x Seagate SATA 250Gb.

I have Kalyway installed on one drive, and it works with an MBR and the DVD inside. guid didn't work.

I installed the original version of Leopard on the other drive, according to Geeze http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=559076

I used Karaakeha1's latest AppleSMBios, dsmos listed on page 1.

When I boot the computer from that partition it goes to the intro movie then it tells me that the keyboard is not connected.

I tried ApplePS2connector.kext, it does the same. I checked permissions for the Extensions older, and all have root:wheel. Obviously I miss something.

I notice that downloading from Kalyway the zip files, they get unzipped automatically and will have a @ at the end. However downloading from another computer, then unzipping them with Stuffit, will be OK, without @.

Keyboard and mouse work fine with Kalyway and Iatkos 1.0i.

Any suggestions what I should do next?

Thank you for your help!!!