 Leopard (Retail) DVD Perfect Guide 10.5.6 Chameleon 2.0 RC1 April 7,2009

karaakeha1

1,355 posts in this topic

I was able to get this working, but I have the ECS 945GCT-M/1333(v3.0) board and would like to use the onboard GMA 950 video, don't care about the artifcating. I just can't find a way to get the F'ing drivers I need so I have run my screens native 1680x1050.

I just now copied the AppleIntelGMA950* extensions from my Kalyway 10.5.1 install and now I can adjust the resolution but all menus are artifacts, everything else is fine just cant read menus at all.

Thanks , I saw you sign with ATI 3870 some people say its better than 8800 ?, I like the brilliant Idea of Apple Bios, After flashing still have to use GFX String , How is your Sleep with ATI 3870
My system was not so good with the 8800... My system with the 3870 is flawless (natit in my guide) - my GF is very happy and my sleep patterns are good :DI highly recommend it
Thanks , I saw you sign with ATI 3870 some people say its better than 8800 ?, I like the brilliant Idea of Apple Bios, After flashing still have to use GFX String , How is your Sleep with ATI 3870
I asked Netkas personally which card he recommended and he said the 3870... i have never questioned that choice BUT... if your bent on getting a Nvidia... here is some advice:Cards I would recommend in order of hackintosh goodness are as follows:No 1: BFG 8800GTX OC2 768 MB. Same physical layout as Quadro FX 5600 and can be flashed to this card quite easily. Currently the king - No 2: 8800 GT 512 MB.No 3: 7900 GTX 512 MB Still a heavy hitter and can now be picked up at a fairly budget price on ebay. Needs flashing though to work with a hack. Can be flashed to Quadro FX 5500.

My system was not so good with the 8800... My system with the 3870 is flawless (natit in my guide) - my GF is very happy and my sleep patterns are good :D I highly recommend itI asked Netkas personally which card he recommended and he said the 3870... i have never questioned that choice BUT... if your bent on getting a Nvidia... here is some advice:Cards I would recommend in order of hackintosh goodness are as follows:No 1: BFG 8800GTX OC2 768 MB. Same physical layout as Quadro FX 5600 and can be flashed to this card quite easily. Currently the king - No 2: 8800 GT 512 MB.No 3: 7900 GTX 512 MB Still a heavy hitter and can now be picked up at a fairly budget price on ebay. Needs flashing though to work with a hack. Can be flashed to Quadro FX 5500.

Thats I am gonna try one of these next wk

... I have changed more times , only the "pieces" whom can be the reason of this prob.

AppleSMBIO.kext and the flavour's kernel.

But I haven't had any success ! This small nervous prob make me get worse 'cause later , I have installed for testing , the kalyway 10.5.2 release and in that partition the sleep is always working well with reboot and sdown togheter as well.

I tried to use the same smbios release found there , but my experience doesn't changed a bit. Boh !!?? :-(

could some one list me the extensions who are responsable of the sleep function?? Myabe I can check the difference between my reatil installation and the kaly one to discover if there were any versions different... :P

[EDIT] Tadaaah!! Discovered it ! It's something related my wifi.In fact if I switch off my wifi(atheros based) and send the system on sleeping no prob , if I do the same with airport working the system when caleed to wake up crash ! Now I must investigate if this prob could be solved definetely. But i'm pretty satisfied right now.

So I have pretty much gotten my system installed with the full retail disc as described in this thread, but one annoying thing I have is that my Model Identifier lists the computer as "OEM". I cant seem to find where to change this at. How do I get it back to "MacPro3,1" or something of my own choosing?

Hey Guys... I followed the vanilla leopard install from first posting... Hard Drive Prep, EFI V8, ospackage install, replacing kext files.... all done on my mac pro with leopard... installed to an external SATA drive via usb interface... good to that point.. I unmounted and ejected SATA and installed the Drive into my skulltrail intel setup... After Bio finishes it's process a blank screen with a blinking letter cursor idles without booting the SATA.

I tried the iAtkos process (in PC).... installation to SATA is flawless but same problem with the blinking letter cursor upon rebooting after iAtkos installation.

Tried gparted liveCD like DVD instructions said about boot flag.......but STILL nothing ARRRRRGGGGGGG WTF??????

I booted iAtkos DVD (in PC) to use it's Utilities for troubleshooting. Startup Disk utility sees the SATA drive with the installation. I used it to reboot to the SATA drive as a start up disk without success.

Any thoughts on a solution? Direction?

Thanks to all...

@curveball You could try to use the smbios editable suppplied from mac.nub , so u can enter what do u prefer.

I tried using that one, the Rev. 6 version, but that option was removed because it was causing crashes in Disk Utility. Right now I am using AppleSMBIOS-27 from netkas. Both report "OEM". And I copied over the one I was using on my previous install (believe it was also netkas' -27) but that was a Kalyway 10.5.1 install and reported "MacPro3,1".

Could I edit the SPMachineTypes.plist file in /System/Library/SystemProfiler/SPPlatformReporter.spreporter/Contents/Resources and add an entry for "OEM"? (also editting the Localizable.strings in the English.lproj directory). I presume something like this (for the plist file):

<key>OEM</key>
<string>Abit IP35 Pro</string>

and for the strings file:

"OEM" = "Abit IP35 Pro";

Do I have to manually install Darwin Bootloader... I'm confused as to whether the files in pc_efi_80 folder does that. Do these hacks just place EFI emulation in place without a bootloader... It seems like my Leopard Disk (freshly installed to spec) doesn't boot because there is no bootloader for BIOS to load.

Do I have to manually install Darwin Bootloader... I'm confused as to whether the files in pc_efi_80 folder does that. Do these hacks just place EFI emulation in place without a bootloader... It seems like my Leopard Disk (freshly installed to spec) doesn't boot because there is no bootloader for BIOS to load.

NO

Hi guys,

Well thanks to karaakeha1 & LTL guides, I have now managed to get my purchased copy of Leopard up & running with my PC.

My rig is running 10.5.2 (Netkas Sleep & Reboot Kernal 9.2.0 & Netkas AppleSMIBIOS 27). Although I was running everything as totally Vanilla, on the recommendation of LTL I switched. Despite this the PC is having the same issues as it was having Vanilla install.

Hardware is as follows:

CASE (Barebone): Asus Pundit P1-5945GCX

Intel 6550 Core 2 Duo

Motherboard: Asus P5L8L SE/P 5945GCX

2GB 667Mhz RAM

160GB SATA HDD

Sparkle 256MB Nvidia 8500GT (PCI! not PCI-express) < installed with NVInstaller .41

Netgear WG111v2 < installed with RTL8187L drivers from Realtek

AD1988B Onboard sound < tried it all, but still intermittently appears & disappears

Now, mostly everything appears to be running beautifully, BUT! (and there always is...) there are still a few quirks.

Firstly, the sleep functioning is really driving me insane as I cant, for love nor money, get it to function correctly. On all Kernels the outcome is the same, on both Graphics cards (GMA950 & 8500GT) it just puts the monitor into Standby, but all the fans and the PC are still running. I have checked all my BIOS options and they all appear to by OK (limited as they are ) I have spent ages on Google & the forums for a "Hackintosh Sleep FAQs" to no avail

Secondly, my Nvidia 8500GT (PCI) runs Leopard perfectly silky smooth, but Xbench only scores it as a 98.44 (on Quartz GT & OpenGL GT tests). This would never usually bother me, but I'm sure the onboard GMA950 does better than this??? The only real reason I investigated this was I was trying to run the Call of Duty 2 demo; only to be greeted by audio but a BLACK SCREEN??? I have also tried Unreal Tournament 2004 and Tomb Raider Anniversary all with the same result = blank black screen. (BTW System Profiler correctly detects it 256MB QE/CI Enabled - NVInject 0.21)

Lastly (I promise ) is the audio issue. I am well aware of the on going investigation by Tortuga into the AD1988B issues not functioning in Leopard, but some lucky SOBs are getting audio ok on their rigs (2-ch only) despite having the same onboard soundcard as me. I, sometimes, happen to be one of them! I must stress sometime though It is really bizarre that occasionally (more like miraculously!) after a reboot the audio (icon and all) reappear, then after another reboot (without any system changes) it goes again???... I have tried all the kexts files, pkgs & fixes suggested here but alas again to no avail!

As you can see, I have been pretty busy (even took 1 week off work and then 2 extra sick days just to keep working on this and get it this far), so please look in your heart and take pity on me please offer me some guidance & advise to possible fixes for my issues. The 100% completion of my Hackintosh is soooo close, I can taste it....

Cheers guys

Well this is interesting. I was not able to reboot/shutdown my retail install setup, it would turn the monitor off, but the system would stay on. So I installed the AppleACPIPlatform.kext that I was using on my Kalyway install, and now reboot/shutdown works. But my Model Identifier has changed from OEM to "MacPro3,1" with this change.

So my question is, is this expected behavior for changing that one kext, that it would also change my model identifier? And more importantly, how do I go about finding what AppleACPIPlatform.kext Kalyway used on the install so that I can get a copy without the need for the Kalyway disc in the future? I'm assuming it used a modified kext, and not just an older version, but here are the version.plist files (first is the original from clean install and second is copied from Kalyway install):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>BuildVersion</key>
<string>102</string>
<key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>
<string>1.2.1</string>
<key>CFBundleVersion</key>
<string>1.2.1</string>
<key>ProjectName</key>
<string>AppleACPIPlatform</string>
<key>SourceVersion</key>
<string>1240000</string>
</dict>
</plist>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>BuildVersion</key>
<string>18</string>
<key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>
<string>1.1.0</string>
<key>CFBundleVersion</key>
<string>1.1.0</string>
<key>ProjectName</key>
<string>AppleACPIPlatform</string>
<key>SourceVersion</key>
<string>1180200</string>
</dict>
</plist>

After applying 10.5.2 update during install and also graphic update 1.0 . DVD player does not work, this issue in confirmed in Mac ,what about hackintosh?

Problem solved I attached only new LG BD-RW(blueray) during instillation . for some reason with this DVD player is not installed.

I attached old sata DVD RW than reinstalled leopard DVD player installed .after this removed this and DVDplayer still works fine with blueray drive

too Bad there is no blueray movie player .

I have to use Vista for HD 1080p movies

I installed 10.5.1 and while installing World of warcraft I started getting RESTART BY HOLDING POWER BUTTON panics. Then I installed 10.5.2 thinking it might fix the panic but didnt. So I started under safe mode and it was able to take the install without the RESTART panic. I would sometimes get the RESTART panic while trying to install other software too. I installed Roxio Toast last night and didnt get the panic while installing, but I get the panic while its burning a DVD. Im new to all this hakintosh thing and I was wondering if you guys knew what may be causing this, or what you guys need me to do so you can get a better idea one whats causing all these RESTART panics. I would burn in safe mode if I could, but it wont.