 Leopard (Retail) DVD Perfect Guide 10.5.6 Chameleon 2.0 RC1 April 7,2009

karaakeha1

1,355 posts in this topic

I installed 10.5.1 and while installing World of warcraft I started getting RESTART BY HOLDING POWER BUTTON panics. Then I installed 10.5.2 thinking it might fix the panic but didnt. So I started under safe mode and it was able to take the install without the RESTART panic. I would sometimes get the RESTART panic while trying to install other software too. I installed Roxio Toast last night and didnt get the panic while installing, but I get the panic while its burning a DVD. Im new to all this hakintosh thing and I was wondering if you guys knew what may be causing this, or what you guys need me to do so you can get a better idea one whats causing all these RESTART panics. I would burn in safe mode if I could, but it wont.

Set you signature with specs ,and how and which version installed , than somebody can help

MY SPecs:

P35-DS3L, 3.0ghz Intel Core 2 duo, 4gb DDR2 800mhz Gskill , 8800GTS 320mb, SATA 300gb, Samsung DVDRW. Used Kalyway 10.5.1 to install and updated to kalyway 10.5.2. LAN,Soudn, Video works, but get RESTART panics all the time.

MY SPecs:

P35-DS3L, 3.0ghz Intel Core 2 duo, 4gb DDR2 800mhz Gskill , 8800GTS 320mb, SATA 300gb, Samsung DVDRW. Used Kalyway 10.5.1 to install and updated to kalyway 10.5.2. LAN,Soudn, Video works, but get RESTART panics all the time.

this guide is about retail leopard instillation it works very well with P35-DSL, Try this or use kalyway 10.5.2

So I can buy a genuine leopard for $129 and I can install it on my Gigabyte P35-DS3L? and avoid some of the issues Im having? Wonder if its a video issue. I tried recording a fighting scene on my warcraft game and I always get the RESTART panic when recording. Im a newb to this, thanks for all the help.

So I can buy a genuine leopard for $129 and I can install it on my Gigabyte P35-DS3L? and avoid some of the issues Im having? Wonder if its a video issue. I tried recording a fighting scene on my warcraft game and I always get the RESTART panic when recording. Im a newb to this, thanks for all the help.

YES. That's the whole POINT of this thread. Kalyway schmalyway!

IJust an observation

Used F11 Bios with GA P35 DS4 Card Sleep wake up works fine but when I overclock it fails to wake up from sleep and goes into endless restart loop

Than moved back to F7 Bios Now even with overclocking seems to work fine

So would you say my system will run better with a retial verison? After I get mine working fine, My wife, brother and mother-in-law want me to put one together for them too. I can buy the 5pk Retail verison right?

Thanks

So would you say my system will run better with a retial verison? After I get mine working fine, My wife, brother and mother-in-law want me to put one together for them too. I can buy the 5pk Retail verison right?

Thanks

MY system is running smooth with retail version and many others with this P35 DS series Gigabyte motherboard,

Just updated to 10.5.3 with delta update from other system.

Xbench score jumped from 191 to 202 at 3 Ghz Q6600 :(

How about networking, sleep, and shutdown? These working ok?

Guest ѕиоѡ
Everything same as in 10.5.2

You have sleep, reboot and shutdown working with the update? I think you are the only one on this board then m8 :D

Only sleep seems to work here (10.5.2 had reboot too)

Using patched ACPI or system kext? BIOS settings? I only changed IOAHCIFamily and SMBIOS to get things running.

Laters

You have sleep, reboot and shutdown working with the update? I think you are the only one on this board then m8 ;)

Only sleep seems to work here (10.5.2 had reboot too)

Using patched ACPI or system kext? BIOS settings? I only changed IOAHCIFamily and SMBIOS to get things running.

Laters

sleep & restart works

no complete shut down like in 10.5.2

using ACPI in the package as before

Thanks for all your help, Question...

Do I have to delete the NVinject files ? When I am ready to install the boot.plist?

also do I need to install Nvidia_7600_GT.zip

and what did u edit in the boot.plist ??

Thank you

Yes ,com.apple. Boot.plist is replacement for it ,Inside the nvidia7600zip is com.apple.boot.plist.

So should I do this!

Delete NVinject stuff and then unzip nvidia7600zip and install the com.apple.boot.plist ?

and it should work??

What did you edit in the com.apple.boot.plist ? I really want to stay close to vanilla !

Thank you sooo much!!!!

one other quick question, I have ALC883 Audio, can I do anything to get it in EFI??

Thanks again!