 Leopard (Retail) DVD Perfect Guide 10.5.6 Chameleon 2.0 RC1 April 7,2009

karaakeha1

1,355 posts in this topic

This is good it means the software is not "lying" to the system but the system now sees the ROM version!

You can choose(if you know how) what if should say on the top, someone just forgot to put in EFI, the important is that it sees the Rom version.

i made mine to say "ASUS EN7300GS"

SticMAN

Hello,

I tried to add GFXStrings in com.apple.Boot.plist ( for my 7600GT) and then remove NVinject, It worked but in my system profiler , only the ROM revision changed from NVInject to 3022 but it's not written 7600GT EFI ;)

Does anyone know why ?

Thanks

fred

And what about this installation method (whithout preinstalled LEO or TIGER):

1. Boot from any Cracked LEO DVD (With mount name different from "MAC OS X Install DVD")

2. Format your hard drive in GUID

3. Apply EFI Patch from terminal and any flash drive

4. Then mount LEO Retail Image from any USB or second Internal Drive

5. From terminal run: cd /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ DVD/System/Installation/Packages

6. From terminal run: open osinstall.mpkg (??? will installation run on this step ???)

7. After installation complete, add dsmos and other .kext from USB Drive to new fresh install

8. Repair permissions

9. Reboot from HD

How do you think, this trick will work?

Sorry for my bad Inglish!

Its EXACTLY the same, instead of working from a existing drive you work from a existing DVD, SAME thing

StICMAN

And what about this installation method (whithout preinstalled LEO or TIGER):

1. Boot from any Cracked LEO DVD (With mount name different from "MAC OS X Install DVD")

2. Format your hard drive in GUID

3. Apply EFI Patch from terminal and any flash drive

4. Then mount LEO Retail Image from any USB or second Internal Drive

5. From terminal run: cd /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ DVD/System/Installation/Packages

6. From terminal run: open osinstall.mpkg (??? will installation run on this step ???)

7. After installation complete, add dsmos and other .kext from USB Drive to new fresh install

8. Repair permissions

9. Reboot from HD

How do you think, this trick will work?

Sorry for my bad Inglish!

This is good it means the software is not "lying" to the system but the system now sees the ROM version!

You can choose(if you know how) what if should say on the top, someone just forgot to put in EFI, the important is that it sees the Rom version.

i made mine to say "ASUS EN7300GS"

SticMAN

Happy to hear it !!

:)

PS: you have a nice desktop

fred

Karaakeha ,

I installed kalyway on MBR and it worked fine. Now i want to install in on GUID but it will not boot the HDD its on.

Installed with GUID partition and selected EFI-GUID but the HDD is not bootable even when I flag it active.

Someone on the boards told me to change to IDE instead of AHCI.

In your first post I noticed you are on AHCI. Can you help me out here?

I want to try originial LEO too.

Anyone can give me a heads up on the sound? Do you have only 2 channels? Can you see speakers options in the midi audio program in utility? Also my sound works, but when I go to system profile, it says no sound card, but I still have sound.

Hey guys

Thanks for that guide, it's really helpful for those who want to install Leopard Server, as there is no patched image available.

I've installed Leopard Server with this method on my Poweredge server. The only problem I got was the repeating "Package 0 didn't get an HPET" problem, which I solved by removing the intel cpu kext.

Now the problem is, it hangs at startup, on a grey screen with a mouse cursor, just after the boot screen. While booting in safe verbose mode, it doesn't give any clue about what's wrong and hangs on the same grey screen... :hysterical:

EDIT : when I boot without the PCI networking card, it will hang at "servermgr_web : Default web services record was not found. Cannot initialize."

Rings a bell...?

This is good it means the software is not "lying" to the system but the system now sees the ROM version!You can choose(if you know how) what if should say on the top, someone just forgot to put in EFI, the important is that it sees the Rom version.i made mine to say "ASUS EN7300GS"SticMAN
I love that screenshot! I have never seen so many icons on the Dock before!!!
Slightly OT, but forgive me:@ karaakeha1I plan to do exactly the same clocking with a Q6600 as you did (8x400). Can you please tell me which CPU cooler you are using? I hope it can be done not too loud...Thanx a lot! Also for the guide!
Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme :Best CPU cooler with two Scythe S-FLEX SFF21D 120mm Case Fan 120mm One on each Side ( This is the quietest Fan I ever Used ) Only Sound I can hear is my Hard Drive vcore 1.32v ultra Stable and temp 30C Ideal and 45 C 100% load
K. How are you doing 8x400, because I thought that these Q6600's are multiplier locked at 9x? Is there some hack for this?

cool, i have reboot, shutdown, WAKE FROM SLEEP!!!, GFX string, iATKOS Apple AHCIPort.kext IOATAFamily.kext IOAHCIFamily.kext (because of orange icons and ICH9R didn't show up right), and netkas pc_efi v8 with his dsmos.kext and AppleSMBIOS.kext and GUID partition table with 32bit xp on second partition (yea i was told xp wouldnt work on guid but...it did)...THE REST IS RETAIL DMG ~7GB files, except for some drivers for audio & ethernet i stole from kalyway.

HERES THE SPECS

Prebuilt: No

Motherboard

Manufacturer: ASUS

Model: P5E

Version: Rev 1?

Bios Version: 502

Chipset: Intel X38

Audio: Works, Needs patched link is HERE

LAN: Works, Needs patched link is HERE (the link talks about AppleYukon.kext but on Retail it is named AppleYukon2.kext)

Minimum Required patches to boot: dsmos.kext and AppleSMBIOS.kext, removal of AppleEFIRuntime.kext (possibly a graphics driver..i didn't need it)

CPU

Model Number: Core 2 Duo E6750

Recognised as: 3.22 GHz (have a 20% overclock...runs stable on leopard and windows)

Memory/DDR: GeiL DDR2 800 MHz (4-4-4-12)

Video

Manufacturer: nVidia

Model: GeForce 7300 SE

Bus Type: PCIe x16

Memory size: 256mb

Dual screen: Unconfirmed...haven't tested

QE/CI working: Yes

Resolution changeable: Yes

Required patches or bios flashing: Used the 7300GT gfx string found on netkas.org forums.

SATA/IDE working: Yes, and i used AHCI

I love that screenshot! I have never seen so many icons on the Dock before!!!K. How are you doing 8x400, because I thought that these Q6600's are multiplier locked at 9x? Is there some hack for this?

No hack, You can use mutliplier as long as its 9 or below. Its locked mean you can't use above the 9 .

Guys, you are absolutely amazing.

I have barely no knowledge of Unix systems and never installed OSx86 before.

Now I can report a successful install! Not bad for a 1st post ;)

Config is P35-DS4 rev 2, Core 2 Duo 2.66, 2ghz ram, 7600GT.

500 SATA HD partition using GUID.

I went thru all the steps. I started with an external USB HD where I installed a basic Kalyway version as I didn't have a prior OS X system to use for a flat install. After I just followed every steps highlighted on this thread PC-EFI, Flat image install from retail DVD ... deleted, add, replace kext, ... GFX String ....

Now my computer boots in OS X, I have internet, Sounds work (2 ch), my graphic card is recognize in the system profiler.

I didn't try everything yet other than yes it doesn't shut down but it looks very stable

Special thanks to karaakeha1, Ls8, Eclau for their research/test and their well documented posts and guides as well as to all the people behind the scene that can make this happen.

I am happy (moreover I just receive my new 24'' screen as I was typing).

Thanks again,

Geoff.

Karaakeha ,

I installed kalyway on MBR and it worked fine. Now i want to install in on GUID but it will not boot the HDD its on.

Installed with GUID partition and selected EFI-GUID but the HDD is not bootable even when I flag it active.

Someone on the boards told me to change to IDE instead of AHCI.

In your first post I noticed you are on AHCI. Can you help me out here?

I want to try originial LEO too.

Yes Try with AHCI mode ,see first post BIOS setting Pictures.

Thank you karaakeha1

This tutorial worked 100% for me using a Gigabyte 945GZM-S2 (rev6.6) with a C2D 2.4Ghz.

Lan - Realtek 8110 works w/o patch

Onboard Video - works w/o patch (CI/QE Working).

Audio - dont work

Thank you karaakeha1

This tutorial worked 100% for me using a Gigabyte 945GZM-S2 (rev6.6) with a C2D 2.4Ghz.

Lan - Realtek 8110 works w/o patch

Onboard Video - works w/o patch (CI/QE Working).

Audio - dont work

You are welcome

Glad worked for you

I just installed an Asus WL-138G V2 and leopard sees it, but for some reason, whenever I want to connect, it just says connection. Is there a special thing I have to do? I did the ls8 post-patch after I installed with a retail disc of leo. Maybe there's a kext i have to replace to original?

Hi!

Thanks for this great guide, it works for me...Restart woks fine, shotdown sometimes but when i try wake up from sleep, after 3 seconds the system goes to sleep again and again...I must unplug the power supply cable. Any idea?

I just installed an Asus WL-138G V2 and leopard sees it, but for some reason, whenever I want to connect, it just says connection. Is there a special thing I have to do? I did the ls8 post-patch after I installed with a retail disc of leo. Maybe there's a kext i have to replace to original?

ASUS Wifi PCI Card works natively, need no patching what so ever