 Leopard (Retail) DVD Perfect Guide 10.5.6 Chameleon 2.0 RC1 April 7,2009

karaakeha1

1,355 posts in this topic

Guest ѕиоѡ
after 10.5.3

on Dashboard,manage widgets option gone :D ?

Will check this tomorow bud, and thx for the info on ACPI, I might try yours.

What did you edit in the com.apple.boot.plist ? I really want to stay close to vanilla !

Thanks again!

this string form nvidia 7600 is for video only, From you question looks like you need to read this topic , read all of it everything has been discussed in detail.

this string form nvidia 7600 is for video only, From you question looks like you need to read this topic , read all of it everything has been discussed in detail.

I did read all of it, that is why I am asking..

I do have a 7600GT, I want to get rid of NVinject and do it via EFI..

I understand I need to replace the com.apple.boot.plist , do I get it from Nvidia_7600_GT.zip ?

and is that All I have to do?

Instead of using a second computer, can't you do the install and then edit all the KEXTS before restarting?

or does that not work?

I don't know why, but it didn't work for me. I have tried twice, computer didn't start then. Applying the update and replacing required kexts with disk connected to second computer works.

P.S. In fact I don't remove the disk and connect it to second computer. I have Leopard installed on external USB disk. I booted from the external disk, updated and fixed the system on the internal disk, then rebooted fine to the system on internal disk.

Guest ѕиоѡ
after 10.5.3

on Dashboard,manage widgets option gone :hysterical: ?

No problem here bud. And I just woke my PC up from sleep and no crash/panic so I'm a very happy user :hysterical:

I got it all working the way I want now. Manual reboot is no biggie and with sleep working I don't even need shutdwon anymore.

Hello karaakeha1,

I'm a 65 yo retired engineer living out of Melbourne Australia. I discovered almost by accident the OSX86 project from a local computer magazine. The mag article suggested I should purchase a retail copy of Leopard OS, then use the various forums on this "project" to help with the installation. Last week we were in Hawaii on vacation, so I bought a Mac OS X Leopard version 10.5 at BestBuy for US$129 - less than half the Australian price. I am now trying to install the system on my Windows machine (see details below). I've dowloaded the 9a581 pre and post patch files, and tried to patch the retail DVD.However I'm at a complete loss as to how next to proceed. I'm trying to transfer an image of the 10.5 retail DVD on to my hard drive, but as soon as I put the DVD in the optical drive, it greets me with "Welcome to the Boot Camp Installer". I then checked the various files on the DVD using Win Explorer, and can find no evidence of any OSX files. What's going on? Do I have an incorrectly labelled DVD, or are there hidden files there unreadable by Explorer? I would be very grateful if you could advise me of how to proceed. I would prefer to stick with the retail DVD (if that's what I've got), because downloading other patched DVD's such as Kalyway 10.5.1 etc would exceed my monthly download limit by a factor of 4 or 5 (assuming the Kalyway distro is 4.8 GB).

Many thanks in anticpation.

Rob

My system is an HP dx2300 Microtower, 1.5GB RAM, MSI 0A90 mobo, Intel 946 GZ/PL/GL chipset, Pentium 4 processor at 2.9 GHz. Graphics card is Intel 946GZ with GMA3000 chip. The system drive is an 80GB SATA, the "data" drive is 320GB IDE. Both drives have plenty of space for Mac partitions.

No problem here bud. And I just woke my PC up from sleep and no crash/panic so I'm a very happy user :)I got it all working the way I want now. Manual reboot is no biggie and with sleep working I don't even need shutdwon anymore.
I just happen to see manage widgets , I was clicking when it was already on dashboard.
Hello karaakeha1,I'm a 65 yo retired engineer living out of Melbourne Australia. I discovered almost by accident the OSX86 project from a local computer magazine. The mag article suggested I should purchase a retail copy of Leopard OS, then use the various forums on this "project" to help with the installation. Last week we were in Hawaii on vacation, so I bought a Mac OS X Leopard version 10.5 at BestBuy for US$129 - less than half the Australian price. I am now trying to install the system on my Windows machine (see details below). I've dowloaded the 9a581 pre and post patch files, and tried to patch the retail DVD.However I'm at a complete loss as to how next to proceed. I'm trying to transfer an image of the 10.5 retail DVD on to my hard drive, but as soon as I put the DVD in the optical drive, it greets me with "Welcome to the Boot Camp Installer". I then checked the various files on the DVD using Win Explorer, and can find no evidence of any OSX files. What's going on? Do I have an incorrectly labelled DVD, or are there hidden files there unreadable by Explorer? I would be very grateful if you could advise me of how to proceed. I would prefer to stick with the retail DVD (if that's what I've got), because downloading other patched DVD's such as Kalyway 10.5.1 etc would exceed my monthly download limit by a factor of 4 or 5 (assuming the Kalyway distro is 4.8 GB).Many thanks in anticpation.RobMy system is an HP dx2300 Microtower, 1.5GB RAM, MSI 0A90 mobo, Intel 946 GZ/PL/GL chipset, Pentium 4 processor at 2.9 GHz. Graphics card is Intel 946GZ with GMA3000 chip. The system drive is an 80GB SATA, the "data" drive is 320GB IDE. Both drives have plenty of space for Mac partitions.
Welcome to the insanely mac forum, In Jan 2007 I just discovered this wonderful forum just like you. I started with tiger 10.4 download.for Leopard I first downloaded Flat image leopard , I Downloaded and installed from vista or XP to blank hard drive . from there it was very easy install retail DVD and updates 10.5.3

Er thanks karaakeha1, but I still don't get it. Do I have to install an earlier version of Tiger or Leopard before I can install the 10.5 retail version? Seems to defeat the purpose of it all.

Do you have any idea why my retail DVD greets me with the "Welcome to the Boot Camp Installer" message?

And just how exactly then do I get an image of this 10.5 retail DVD on to my HDD?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Rob

Er thanks karaakeha1, but I still don't get it. Do I have to install an earlier version of Tiger or Leopard before I can install the 10.5 retail version? Seems to defeat the purpose of it all.Do you have any idea why my retail DVD greets me with the "Welcome to the Boot Camp Installer" message?And just how exactly then do I get an image of this 10.5 retail DVD on to my HDD?Any help would be much appreciated!ThanksRob
Retails DVD greets because it has drivers for the Vista or XP.You need to use the working Leopard to install Retail DVD on another hard drive .It does not defeat the purpose.You borrow from some body there laptop or pc to install on your hard drive.Spend some time reading this form ,than you get the idea.Retail DVD can be booted to apple hardware only.you need working system so you install EFI to hard Drive than install Retail DVD ,and than add dsmos.kext to it without which you cannot boot to retail DVD, also need to delete AppleEFI.kext
Leopard before I can install the 10.5 retail version? Seems to defeat the purpose of it all.Do you have any idea why my retail DVD greets me with the "Welcome to the Boot Camp Installer" message?Rob
No its does not defeat the purpose, You need extensive reading from insanely mac forum .DVD greets because it has drivers for vista or XPto understand the process you need to spend time reading forum.Still the easiest way is install pre Patched Leopard or borrow real mac . once you have achieved that than install from there Retail Leopard.good luck

karaakeha1: in 10.5.3 with efi strings (gfx, sound, ethernet) the onboard ethernet card works completely - including lan browsing, bonjour?

karaakeha1: in 10.5.3 with efi strings (gfx, sound, ethernet) the onboard ethernet card works completely - including lan browsing, bonjour

I just noticed my bonjour was broken after applying 10.5.3. I put back the vanilla IONetworking,kext, and it's fine again.

BTW - that IOAHCI 1.1.0 kext in your V9 pack is great. I'm getting about 6% better xbench scores on the disk test alone! Thanks.

Thanks again karaakeha1 - I get the idea now. As you say there will be a lot more reading to do. Also will need to find someone with a late model Intel Mac.

Rob

Thanks again karaakeha1 - I get the idea now. As you say there will be a lot more reading to do. Also will need to find someone with a late model Intel Mac.

No you just need to find someone with ANY model intel Mac, or a hackintosh. To be honest, the quickest way is just to install kalyway onto a spare drive (about 10Gb or bigger), and boot from this to install the retail dvd onto the drive where it will stay.