XxX_OS_x86_10.4.11_Install_Disc_Intel

BlackCH

321 posts in this topic

Hey guys, Just joined up.I have a extra laptop laying around and would really like to try this!!!So its a Dell Latitude D800, I downloaded the files booted off of them and installed it.When I reboot it just hangs at a black screen with a flashing _

-Apple Combo 10.4.11 Update

from 'Kernel and Kexts' menu:

-no-EFI kexts (all 4 items)

-8.9.1 Kernel Universal + Patches (all 3 items)

-RecommendedPatches (all 5 items)

That's what I checked.

Most probably you are not formatting your HD properly. You must check 'MRB' option when using Disk Utility within the installer. See the documentation about howt to prepare the HD.

Hi to all,Where can I get a post with "XxX_OS_x86_10.4.11_Install_Disc_Intel - Rev.1.0" Hardware Compaibility?Can Anione help me?I would to install on a machine:Intel P4 2Ghz socket 478 SSE2 onlyAsus P4B533Many Thanks
A base install should work with the following choices:

On top of that you have to add drivers for the rest of your hardware (audio, network, graphics).

Sorry about the double post but..It boots now, it goes through all these numbers and stuff then just hangs at a screen with more numbers.I'll try it again.Mother :censored2:EDIT: MAN I wish people would come on here, but it hangs at "using 5242 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers"

...I see you got it booting. Make shure you select the PowermanagementRemover from the RecommendedPatches menu. and you install the all the no-EFI kexts...

Currently I have assembled only MB, CPU, HD & Graphic card.

Formatting, install and repair, after firts boot, are all done.

My machine stop and freeze (also keyboard) during boot here:

localhost mDNSResponder: Couldn’t read user-specified Computer Name; using default bMacintosh-000D879EA937b instead

localhost mDNSResponder: Couldn’t read user-specified local hostname; using default bMacintosh-000D879EA937.localb instead

What's going wrong?

I followed the help file attached in .rar

I selected also the Optional 8.9.1.kernel.Universal.apr23

What I forgot?

Something like ATA controller or maibe similar?

I understood that it's line a network error, but I hadn't a network card connected yet.

I tried to install in english languagge, but same result appear.

As I said, install this and only this packages:

You could try without the Apple Combo too. see if it works.

Once you get this base installation going do a re-install adding the drivers for your card, onboard audio and network, etc (dont know what you have)....

Hi @ All, and thx for that big work.

I'm a newbie.

I've just download & burn your release, now plz help me to choose the right settings ^^:

Core2Duo 1,86Ghz

Asrock Conroe945G-DVI (motherboard) manufacturer link : Here

Audio 7.1 HD Audio (ALC888 Audio Codec)

GeForce 8800 GTS 320 Mo

2 Gb RAM

SATA HDD 200 Go

SATA DVD writer

Ralink chipset on a noname wifi card

Thx ;)

As I said, install this and only this packages:

You could try without the Apple Combo too. see if it works.

Once you get this base installation going do a re-install adding the drivers for your card, onboard audio and network, etc (dont know what you have)....

I tried also without the combo.

I haven't network card or device on logic borad, exept 2 serial port and 1 parallel printer port (can I shut dow by bios?).

For te integrated audio I think it's good azalia.

I searched, on insanely-formus, an hardware compatibility list, but nothing.

My hd have 2 partition (MBR).

Suggestion?

I tried also without the combo.

I haven't network card or device on logic borad, exept 2 serial port and 1 parallel printer port (can I shut dow by bios?).

For te integrated audio I think it's good azalia.

I searched, on insanely-formus, an hardware compatibility list, but nothing.

My hd have 2 partition (MBR).

Suggestion?

1- you need to know exactly your hardware. I mean everything. If you are running windows get SiSoft Sandra an figure that out (audio, grapghics, etc. Model and Device ID of eachone)....

2-Search in the forums (theres more than one) to find out about support.

3-Compatibility lists from 10.4.8 on are more or less the same, so you can spect the same harware to work on 4.8, 4.9, 4.10, 4.11....

4-Try JaS 10.4.8 release.

My machine stop and freeze (also keyboard) during boot here:

localhost mDNSResponder: Couldn’t read user-specified Computer Name; using default bMacintosh-000D879EA937b instead

localhost mDNSResponder: Couldn’t read user-specified local hostname; using default bMacintosh-000D879EA937.localb instead

Here's the screen shot.

mDNSResponder.jpg

Hi there !I installed the Release with 8.9.1 Kernel (i have only a P4 with SSE2), and it runs fine, but it didnt find my pci cards (intel NIC, NEC USB Card).Did the 8.9.1 Kernel not support PCI Cards, or what can i do ?greetsrick
Hardware support doesnt depends on the kernel. If theres drivers written for your cards they would work (after you install them). You have to do a search if someone has written/pached a solution for your cards. 'Intel NIC' doesnt say much; you need to know the model/chip/device ID....
I tried also without the combo.I haven't network card or device on logic borad, exept 2 serial port and 1 parallel printer port (can I shut dow by bios?).For te integrated audio I think it's good azalia.I searched, on insanely-formus, an hardware compatibility list, but nothing.My hd have 2 partition (MBR).Suggestion?
You might want to try another release. JaS 10.4.8 + PPF1 is a goodone to start with

Hardware support doesnt depends on the kernel. If theres drivers written for your cards they would work (after you install them). You have to do a search if someone has written/pached a solution for your cards. 'Intel NIC' doesnt say much; you need to know the model/chip/device ID....You might want to try another release. JaS 10.4.8 + PPF1 is a goodone to start with

Thanks for your Answer ! :D

The Intel Nic, is a PRO 100+ (Ven8086 Dev1229) and works under 10.4.6 with darwin 8.4.1 without installing any drivers. can i copy the drivers/kexts from the 10.4.6 installation to the new 10.4.8 (darwin 8.8.1) installation, how can i determine which kexts/drivers this nic uses ?

Jas 10.4.8 + PPF i tested also, it works, but still without recognising the NIC.

greets rick

I tried jas but again nothing, this time: Kernel Panic.

It possible to boot Jas in verbose mode?

I use a Canopus Spectra WF17 Dual Head VGA Display Card with Spectra WF17.

This Card use the nVIDIA GeForce 4 MX460 on board as the Graphics Processor.

I used Natin Dual Support driver from Jas installation, it's correct, or I should use Natit normal?.

I found on google the kext for audio device (C-Media 8738-MX), the: CMI8738PCIAudioDriver.kext

But how can I install from terminal?

Finally there's my Asus P4B533 specifications summary:

Socket 478 for Intel® Pentium® 4 On-die 512KB L2 cache

Intel82845E MCH Intel82801 DB ICH4

533/400 MHz

3 x 184-pin DDR DIMM sockets for up to 2GB memory Supports PC21 00/PC1600 unbuffered ECC/non-ECC DDR DIMMs

1 x AGP 4X (1.5V only) 6x PCI

2 x UltraDMA 100/66/33

C-Media 8738-MX 6-channel PCI audio controller

ASUS JumperFree ™ mode ASUS POST Reporter™ ASUS El Plug ™

ASUS MyLogo2

ASUS Q-Fan

ASUS El Flash

Power Loss Restart

SFS (Stepless Frequency Selection)

Adjustable CPU VCORE, and memory and AGP voltages Multi-Ianguage BIOS

AGP warning LED

1 x Parallel port 2 x Serial ports

1 x PS/2 keyboard port 1 x PS/2 mouse port

4 x USB 2.0/USB 1.1 ports

Une In/Une Out/Microphone ports (optional)

1 x USB 2.0/1.1 connector for 2 additional USB ports CPU/Power/Chassis fan connectors

20-pin/4-pin ATX power connectors

IDE LED/Power LED connectors

Chassis intrusion, 5MBus, and SIR connectors GAME/MIDI connector

S/PDIF In/Out connector

CD/AUX/Modem audio connectors (optional) Front panel audio connector (optional)

4Mb Flash ROM, Award BIOS, TCAV, PnP, DMI2.0, WfM2.0, SM BIOS2.3, Multi-Ianguage BIOS, ASUS El Flash, ASUS MyLogo2

PCI 2.2, USB 2.0

WfM 2.0. DMI 2.0, WOL/WOR by PME, chassis intrusion, 5MBus

ATX form factor: 12 in x 8.6 in (30.5 cm x 21.9 cm)

Device drivers ASUS PC Probe ASUS LiveUpdate

Trend Micro ™ PC-cillin 2002 anti-virus software

installed with a p4 sse2, it works great, i just have one problem, my computer doesn't shutdown or reboot, it just stays in a light blue background, any solution? I searched but didn't find any solution :D

hw:

p4 2,26 ghz.

1gb ddr ram

intel old integrated vga (845gv series)

hard drive 80gb ide

mobo: asrock P4i45GV

ethernet: idk but works

sound: ac97

installed: 8,9,1 sse2 kernel

Please help with this! :(

It possible to boot Jas in verbose mode?

I used Natin Dual Support driver from Jas installation, it's correct, or I should use Natit normal?.

I found on google the kext for audio device (C-Media 8738-MX), the: CMI8738PCIAudioDriver.kext

But how can I install from terminal?

AFAIK Nvidia 5xxx,6xxx,7xxx cards/chips are supported. Dont install natit (it might be the cause of the panic). You can still use yours as a generic VESA VGA, but you wont get qe/ci support. Get a FX5200; that works fine and is cheap (20$). For booting in verbose you need to press F8 on boot, then you'll be in the darwin bootloader menu. Type -v [enter]. Thats it. About the c-media kext; Can you send it to me? I'll be glad. You can install it by draggin it into the /system/library/extensions folder and then from the terminal you type:

sudo chmod -R 755  /system/library/extensions/cmedia.kext
sudo chown -R root:wheel  /system/library/extensions/cmedia.kext

it will ask your user password.

installed with a p4 sse2, it works great, i just have one problem, my computer doesn't shutdown or reboot, it just stays in a light blue background, any solution? I searched but didn't find any solution :blink:

hw:

p4 2,26 ghz.

1gb ddr ram

intel old integrated vga (845gv series)

hard drive 80gb ide

mobo: asrock P4i45GV

ethernet: idk but works

sound: ac97

installed: 8,9,1 sse2 kernel

Please help with this! :(

Try a different 8.9.1 kernel (make shure is for SSE2-universal); there are a few more in the DVD. Get Pacifist; with it open the 8.9.1 kernel packages inside the DVD (/system/installation/packages/). Extract mach_kernel to your desktop and change the name to mach_kernel.1 or something like that. Copy it to the root of your OSX partition. Reboot, and press F8 until you get to the darwin menu.

Type:

mach_kernel.1 -f [ENTER]

See if it works. You can have many kernels in you root as long as they are named different from eachother; and you load them from the darwin bootmenu like I explain before. If you let the computer boot by itself it will load the original kernel you installed.

Dont forget your working install combination of choices as you might have to reinstall if you mess the system up.

Be aware you wont get any hardware graphic acceleration (qe/ci) with the integrated chip on your board.

AFAIK Nvidia 5xxx,6xxx,7xxx cards/chips are supported. Dont install natit (it might be the cause of the panic). You can still use yours as a generic VESA VGA, but you wont get qe/ci support. Get a FX5200; that works fine and is cheap (20$). For booting in verbose you need to press F8 on boot, then you'll be in the darwin bootloader menu. Type -v [enter]. Thats it. About the c-media kext; Can you send it to me? I'll be glad.

I found several link on forums pruond the world:

http://forum.hwsw.hu/index.php?act=Print&a...=12&t=94273

http://raldo.wordpress.com/2008/01/03/cmi8738-on-leopard/

http://forum.applesana.com/51/1946/c-media...uncionando.html

but I strongley suggest this:

http://forum.applesana.com/51/4772/tarjeta...s-mac-os-x.html

Here Should you register.

Some other directly form google

CMI8738.tar

CMI8738PCIAudioDriver.zip

CMI8738PCIAudioDriver_10_4_8.zip

In my jas version I can view only 2 grafic dirver:

Natit & natit dual. I think this jas is old.

Now I'm gettinng this version: Mac OS X 10.4.8 [JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2].iso from TPB

You think it's the goodone?

Onother thing:

I read here: http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...10.4.9#NVidia_2

That the XFX nVidia GeForce 6200 256 MB DDR2 AGP 6200a works good.

But this on ebay it's te same card?

Here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...=tab%3DWatching

First, thanks XxX!! Finally a EFI Tiger bootable disk!!! (I dont like Leopard.)

Couldnt get it to install. :P

Here's my specs:

Dell Latitude D520

Intel Core 2 Duo T5500 @ 1.66Ghz

Intel GMA950 chipset

SigmaTel 9200

Dell Tru-Mobile 1390 WLAN Mini-Card

Here's what happened:

1st attepmt:

EFIv8

All stock Apple software

All patches

Installed succesfully. Upon reboot got "Error Loading Operating System" error message. Fixed with:

fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0

flag 1

To set the partition as active. Upon reboot, it booted. No trackpad/keyboard support. No AirPort support. (Worked perfect in Uphuck 10.4.9i revision 3)

2nd attempt

EFI w/GMA Laptop

All stock Apple software

All patches

Same result.

Any help?

Also, can I use the DVD to upgrade? I have Uphuck 10.4.9i revision 3 working completely, but I was wondering if I could use this DVD to install EFI and do system updates?

Also, thanks for Mail.app!!!!!!

That the XFX nVidia GeForce 6200 256 MB DDR2 AGP 6200a works good.

Thanx for the links. Actually I got a 10.4.9 version here in the forum. That graphic card should work; the ones Im shure about are 5200, 6600, 7300, 7600, 7950....

First, thanks XxX!! Finally a EFI Tiger bootable disk!!! (I dont like Leopard.)

Couldnt get it to install. :P

Here's my specs:

Dell Latitude D520

Intel Core 2 Duo T5500 @ 1.66Ghz

Intel GMA950 chipset

SigmaTel 9200

Dell Tru-Mobile 1390 WLAN Mini-Card

Here's what happened:

1st attepmt:

EFIv8

All stock Apple software

All patches

Installed succesfully. Upon reboot got "Error Loading Operating System" error message. Fixed with:

fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0

flag 1

To set the partition as active. Upon reboot, it booted. No trackpad/keyboard support. No AirPort support. (Worked perfect in Uphuck 10.4.9i revision 3)

2nd attempt

EFI w/GMA Laptop

All stock Apple software

All patches

Same result.

Any help?

Also, can I use the DVD to upgrade? I have Uphuck 10.4.9i revision 3 working completely, but I was wondering if I could use this DVD to install EFI and do system updates?

Also, thanks for Mail.app!!!!!!

Do not install ALL THE PATCHES. You need to install only the ones you need for your hardware. read the documentation.

I've never update form the DVD, so you can try and let us know; You will have better chances if you install the EFI patch manually...

Thanx for the links. Actually I got a 10.4.9 version here in the forum. That graphic card should work; the ones Im shure about are 5200, 6600, 7300, 7600, 7950....

Do not install ALL THE PATCHES. You need to install only the ones you need for your hardware. read the documentation.

I've never update form the DVD, so you can try and let us know; You will have better chances if you install the EFI patch manually...

I guess I should have been more specific. I left out some of the patches, but installed the majority of them. (Like the 10.4.4 login window.)

Any ideas why the built-in keyboard/trackpad wouldnt work? I had it installed with EFI, but it was unuseable as I had to have a USB mouse/keyboard installed. (So much for portability.)

I'll try the EFIv8.pkg from the DVD. (Just going to boot Uphuck, and double click it from your DVD.) And I'll report back how it goes. I'd try installing the EFI patch manually, but I dont have a Tiger boot disk. (I bought Leopard, not Tiger.)

{Edit}

It installed fine. How do I know it is working without actually updating?

{End Edit}

I got ot working on a Gateway MX3230 but no sound and an Acer 5670 was able to get EQ/core with my ATI x1400 wit a little mouse tearing. I have the TI PCIxx12 on both laptop, but unable to get them working. any one here know if the is a fix for it on the XxX 10.4.11 install disk. Tried to fix it on the Gateway last nite crashed had to reinstall, hope to get a fix for it soon.

bestman50

post-92822-1200947824_thumb.png

post-92822-1200947973_thumb.png

AFAIK Nvidia 5xxx,6xxx,7xxx cards/chips are supported. Dont install natit (it might be the cause of the panic). You can still use yours as a generic VESA VGA, but you wont get qe/ci support. Get a FX5200; that works fine and is cheap (20$).

You have spoken about my Nvidia 5xxx,6xxx,7xxx cards/chips sould work without QE ecc., but on installation what kekt should I select?

And If I wuold buy a Geforce FX5200, what kext?

Thanks

Failure. Updates broke my install.

I'd love for someone to help figure out why my keyboard/trackpad dont work. (Keyboard works on the Darwin screen, then fails to work anywhere else, even the terminal in the DVD.)

I get the last Jas on TPB.

Now the graphic card was found but badly charged, the error of kernel panic now is:

Some suggestion?

crossyourfingers.jpg

Installed easily on an ACER Travelmate 2420 laptop -

Celeron M 1.5GHz (SSE2)

GMA915 graphics

2GB RAM

built in Atheros wireless

AC97 sound

Upgraded over the top of Jas 10.4.8 and didn't lose any personal settings - someone previously asked about upgrades.

Used 8.9.1 kernel with no EFI options and only had to remove the GMA950 kexts to get CI/QE working.

Couldn't get the wireless to work with Leopard so I'm very pleased this latest Tiger does.

Unfortunately still need to run Windows to test VBScripts with Access databases (via VMWare) but everything else is on OSX. :dance_24:

Sam.