XxX_OS_x86_10.4.11_Install_Disc_Intel

BlackCH

321 posts in this topic

Ruud,what you downloaded in fact is something like a bunch of zipped files, well not zipped but rared. You have to join the files with a utility like unrar/XP/Vista or stuffit or betterzip/OSX. Then you get an iso disc image that you can burn under win or OSX (no need to convert it).

cheers, pilsator

hi,first i want to thx for u this useful realse.i had installed uphuck 10.4 .9 1.4 on my system,every thing work fine on my system not grapic card.now i want to install this one on my system.i had installed one time that installed fine but on boot just coming waiting for root device error coming,my question is what combination i have to use andcan i use pc_efi on my system.my system spec is below:

cpu:intel pentium d950 (3.40)

chipset:ati rs400/rc400/rc410(x200chipset)

motherboard:nec computere inter. ga-8trc410m-nf(from gigabyte)

ram :2gb

videocard:gf8500gt 256mb

hard disk:sata 320gb

2nd hrd disk:ide 80 gb(primary salve)

dvdrom:philips dvd8801ata(on master)

network:realtek rt8139ethernet

please replay if u can.

i will be very thankful 4 u

sorry for bad english

i've installed XxX OSX 10.4.11 ON MY NC8000 sse2 and it works great but sometimes i get a problem with the wifi and i installed XxX 8 times but it works but after a while it stops workeing i get setuphardware error and some numbers and it doesn't boot up and the audio doesn't either work it says that it's on but it doesn't come and audio out can someone plz help

Hey Nickhe;

Apologies for the very late reply! I didn't know how to find my latest messages, now I do, with "My Assistant". That's what you get being a newbie here. Thanks for your help, although it wasn't of any use to me, my Compaq Evo N1050v doesn't like any of the OSx86 flavours available... I think I have downloaded anything from OSx86 10.4.8 up to 10.5.1, but to no avail, 10.4.9 r2 was the best I got to see the grey screen with an Apple-icon, but that was that... Bummer.

Ruud

:P

I tried this new ppf1...still not booting in with AHCI sata DVD and HD ;)

I guess I'll have to replace Extensions.mkext again by myself. Anyway thanks for supporting those of us who still think Leopard still need some polish.

Hi,

I've used your install disk before successfully on my PC and if I remember rightly on my old D610 Dell laptop.

I'm using a D620 now, and it installs fine, but after the first boot I just get the multi language welcome screens (Wilkomen, BienVenue, etc!) and I cant get past that!

Just wonde3ring if that was a known issue, or if you know what might be the cause. I have tried with 3 different kernels, as I say:

Dell D620, Intel Core Duo, 2GB Corsair RAM, OnBoard Intel GMA945 graphics. It has Intel Wireless. I know this is going to be a problem with Tiger (I've got another HDD to install Leopard on!) but I got the Broadcom NIC working on the D610 before so hopefully I'll be able to at least get wired networking.

If you have any advice, please let me know.

Thanks.

I tried this new ppf1...still not booting in with AHCI sata DVD and HD :(

I guess I'll have to replace Extensions.mkext again by myself. Anyway thanks for supporting those of us who still think Leopard still need some polish.

I knew I was forgetting something....

Hi,

I've used your install disk before successfully on my PC and if I remember rightly on my old D610 Dell laptop.

I'm using a D620 now, and it installs fine, but after the first boot I just get the multi language welcome screens (Wilkomen, BienVenue, etc!) and I cant get past that!

Just wonde3ring if that was a known issue, or if you know what might be the cause. I have tried with 3 different kernels, as I say:

Dell D620, Intel Core Duo, 2GB Corsair RAM, OnBoard Intel GMA945 graphics. It has Intel Wireless. I know this is going to be a problem with Tiger (I've got another HDD to install Leopard on!) but I got the Broadcom NIC working on the D610 before so hopefully I'll be able to at least get wired networking.

If you have any advice, please let me know.

Thanks.

It should work without problems. Try the one 'SSE3 base install' from the first post (you could try the one with the vanilla kernel), or get the PPF1 which adds preselected working combinations (the same detailed in the first post).

Hi there,

I am kind of new to this whole thing.

I had a few problems getting the drive 'viewable' by the Installer yesterday but I managed to clear that. I then had a few problems at start with an EHCI device controler (after install) not being able to grab BIOS or something of that nature. I managed to fix this.

When I finally managed to, I assume, get in to Mac. I just had a load of vertical white lines on a black background. I was a bit confused and have re-installed with different configurations setups. I either get the white lines on a black background, or just a black screen with nothing on.

I hope I'm guessing right in that it has something to do with the graphic's card drivers / kexts.

I am running a Radeon 9550 256mb and found some files which are meant to work with 10.4.10 but I am unsure how to get the kexts on to the other computer as I tried to add it in to the .ISO but the program wouldn't enable it - PowerISO.

Is this the only way to do it, or could I burn to a seperate CD and insert that from the Installer?

Any help would be appreciated. I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I trawled through the forums here, and google / yahoo but with no luck as to the white lines.

Thanks in advance,

a few more... frontrow, characterpalette.... dont remember all right now.
you're right, it was also DictionaryFix.pkg which was affected. I was able to use your PPF and create the new XxX_OS_x86_10.4.11_Install_Disc_Intel.iso. Then I was able to run the CharacterPallette.pkg and DictionaryFix.pkg package installers individually from the new iso to install those to my system which was originally installed without the latest patch.

Now the 'Character Palette' option is visible in the International System Preferences (under 'Input Menu'). It wasn't there previously. So that's good.

you're right, it was also DictionaryFix.pkg which was affected. I was able to use your PPF and create the new XxX_OS_x86_10.4.11_Install_Disc_Intel.iso. Then I was able to run the CharacterPallette.pkg and DictionaryFix.pkg package installers individually from the new iso to install those to my system which was originally installed without the latest patch.

Now the 'Character Palette' option is visible in the International System Preferences (under 'Input Menu'). It wasn't there previously. So that's good.

Sorry for the OT but where can I get PPF-O-Matiic? Searched all the usual places and had no luck, help will be greatly appreciated.

Does someone tell me if u guys have similar installation issue, which is " Still wait for device ..." then, stopped there forever...

Please, don't tell me u should change/be ware of ur IDE/SATA things....or sth...,Because, i 've been using XXX10.4.10 and XXX10.4.11( Previous version with no ICH9-R/alc889a kexts ) several months, like it....really stable.

The reason i want to try this one is it's been added Ich9-R / alc889a drivers for P35 x boards. )

Strange, with same PC, same method of burnning .iso DVDs , i can run and install XXX10.4.10/XXX10.4.11 without any problems,but this new release doesn't not work for me( i mean even can not start to launch to installation interface....just shows me "USB causes wake events" ...then...." Still wait for device." and stay there forever...because, this it wasted at least my 10 pieces DVD to test, but failed )

on the other hand, i used XXX10.4.10/Old XXX10.4.11(without supporting ICH9-R/alc889a )DVDs to run on the same pc, it also shows me "USB causes wake events.." then just go through and continue the installation smoothly...

what's the problem with this one release ? i believe this one must be done sth differently when they make it....don't know...

any idea?

In my case it does *not* match. I downloaded the rev. 1 iso (which boots fine and produces the correct md5 checksum) and the PPF1 from TPB.

But it doesn't really matter in my case as the 10.4.11 install with the first ("buggy") version works for me.

cheers, pilsator

HELP!!! :(

I've got a Intel Bad Axe 2 mobo running with Q6600 cpu ...

i've installed from the XxX dvd using the basic settings.

when i reboot the system now doesnt recognize HD (I've installed JAS 10.4.8 and it worked okay) but now nothing happens past POST

anyone have any ideas???

Moon

Hello,

after reading almost every post on this forum i still don't know what to do.

it seems that Leopard is still to buggy for my system ( HP DV9050) but Tiger is running fine.

my biggest problem is how to do everything.

i'm looking for a step by step guide just like this one for lepard ( See this How to manual ) but then for Tiger.

i'm talking about EVERY step, from downloading until full install, including all the nessesery drivers if somebody knows them for my system.

Please... i founded so much information that i now don't know anymore what to do...

sorry for beying such a newbie...but hey...you gonna start somewhere! ;-)

hope someone can help me.

Hello...

i have a board with VIA chipset. how can i be able to install this dvd?

Everytime i boot the dvd, it reboots after the darwin loads.

i know how to re-pack the Extension.mkext, but what files will i add to it so it will work with the VIA chipset?

Hoping anyone could help me regarding this matter.

Thanks!

Hi,

First post... after a GREAT DEAL of reading on this forum! :guitar:

This disc is awesome!!! :D after a couple of attempts...nailed it!

Intel® Desktop D845GERG2 By Omnitech

CPU: Intel P4 @ 2.56 GHZ (reported @ 3.0)

Memory: 1 GB DDR3200

Onboard Video disabled

AGP Slot: NVidia FX5200 128mb by ASUS

Hard Drive: 20 gig Seagate ATA 7200

Audio: ADI AC97

Network: Intel Pro/100 VE (Intel 82562ET Chipset)

Video Driver: Natit Dual v02

Kernel: 8.9.1 sse2 Universal apr23

I'd like to dual boot this with Leo, can anyone recommend an install disc for this configuration?

I have a 450 "Sawtooth" AGP G4, and was debating between buying the "Newer Technologies" 1.6 GHZ Processor upgrade from OWC, or putting LEO on one of the several Omnitech machines I have (listed above). :)

OK, I know everyone hates questions like this, but I'm at a loss as to what options to choose at install for this disk. Here are my specs below:

HP ZD8000 laptop

P4 2.8 ghz with HT

1 gb ram

ati mobility x600 w/ 256 mb ram

broadcom wireless

17 inch screen, typically at 1650x1050 in vista

Can anyone help me? I tried one setup that I can't remember but i got a kernel panic, and because the disk utility won't work on this disk it take forever to try again.

Thanks everyone!

Hi,First post... after a GREAT DEAL of reading on this forum! :P This disc is awesome!!! :( after a couple of attempts...nailed it!Intel® Desktop D845GERG2 By OmnitechCPU: Intel P4 @ 2.56 GHZ (reported @ 3.0)Memory: 1 GB DDR3200Onboard Video disabledAGP Slot: NVidia FX5200 128mb by ASUSHard Drive: 20 gig Seagate ATA 7200Audio: ADI AC97Network: Intel Pro/100 VE (Intel 82562ET Chipset)OS: XxX 10.4.11 Install Disc Rev. 1.0 PPF1Video Driver: Natit Dual v02Kernel: 8.9.1 sse2 Universal apr23I'd like to dual boot this with Leo, can anyone recommend an install disc for this configuration?I have a 450 "Sawtooth" AGP G4, and was debating between buying the "Newer Technologies" 1.6 GHZ Processor upgrade from OWC, or putting LEO on one of the several Omnitech machines I have (listed above). :P

I would try the kalyway disc for leopard. I used it on my HP ZD8000 with similiar specs and it worked great, but there are no leopard drivers for my video card (ati mobility x600) so I'm trying tiger now. Just make sure you don't use vanilla kernels as you don't have a dual core and also make sure you select which format method you used when you formatted your leopard partition in the customize install screen (mbr or guid), otherwise you'll get a BO error when you try to boot without the disc in it. Hope that help, and this is coming from a newbie so use with caution lol.

I would love to use the Kalyway disc, But it does not boot in those machines, it boots fine in my HP a56n Pavillion running a 3.0 GHZ P4, after installing Tiger it boots in the machine, but says it has errors, and then restarts. So I'm looking for something that will work like the TOH disk, but that is "RC2" (Release Canidate 2) not final so not updatable. :censored2:

I just installed the Image on my Fujitsu Siemens Amilo M1425 Notebook (Pentium M 1,6Ghz SSE2, 2GB Ram, Ati Mobility Radeon 9700, AC'97 Audio,...)

I'm stuck at this screen:

dsc02288eo1.jpg

i checked the following:

- efi v8 MBR

- no-EFI Systems kexts (all4)

- 8.9.1 kernel Universal + patches (all 3)

- Recommended Patches (all 5)

any suggestions? 8[

so what should i use instead?

with efi mbr unchecked nothing worked at all.

nothing worked at all?, c'mon!, if you want help you need to be far more specific.

With any efi patch checked it wont work anyway. As I said in the first post, SSE2 isnt the best to run osx. Basically you're crippling the OS. Not to mention that for doing this you need to downgrade the kernel. It can work on some machines or it can not. The install options you've chossen are the good ones (except for the efi patch): "Base SSE2 install: (8.9.1 kernel, no EFI supported)". If does not work try another release, there are a handfull out there... JaS.10.4.8 is a good start for SSE2

OK, I know everyone hates questions like this, but I'm at a loss as to what options to choose at install for this disk. Here are my specs below:

HP ZD8000 laptop

P4 2.8 ghz with HT

1 gb ram

ati mobility x600 w/ 256 mb ram

broadcom wireless

17 inch screen, typically at 1650x1050 in vista

AFAIK your P4 520 support SSE3, Im not shure about the chipset on your machine; some HP ZD8000 have the Intel i915. Probably you could run EFI but to be shure just use the "Base SSE3 install - NO EFI: (8.10.1 kernel)" (see first post).

If it works this will get you going without QE/CI, no sound, no ethernet (broadcom wireless works depending on the model). For the rest of your hardware you have to figure out yourself; ATI x600, AC97 sound (which one?), Realtek RTL8193 (I dont know if that is supported)... search the forum. Im shure you'll find answers about your hardware being supported or not.