XxX_OS_x86_10.4.11_Install_Disc_Intel

BlackCH

321 posts in this topic

hello

I HAVE A THINKPAD t60 notebook and yes with the ati x1400 card

i have installed it (no efi) and after the reboot it gives first a lot of commandlines and the when it would show me the desktop a black screen also to my external samsung 226bw screen this says out of range.

i have also running vmware with an old verson 10.4.1 and this one use's its vga driver. will it be possible and how to use a vga driver it's just for using itunes and cracking my iphone

I need a resolution of 1400*1050

could anyone help me with this? I just beginning with mac osx (noob)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi!

How can I add the 2600XT driver on it?

I can't boot the computer with this display card, even I try to boot on save mode. (it black screen, with welcome sound)

And I need to use USB dvd-rom to install the 10.4.11 can't use my PATA dvd-rom

thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello !

I have an HP 6220 (sse2, GMA915, Wifi Intel 2200) and installed rev 2.

After the installation I didn't have USB working. I browsed the DVD and found the USB package. Installed manually, rebooted and... it works ! I really can't realize why it failed the first shot...

Well, everything is working now, except Quicktime.

I mean, the streaming by web is OK, but if i try to play an AVI file I get sound but no video at all (grey screen..).

By the way, VLC and RealPlayer are working fine.

Any suggestion ?

BlackCH,

thanks a lot for your great work. I think there isn't any other distro with all the stuff in, like Wifi, PowerManagement, PCCard

working out of the box.

Chapeau !!

Ciao,

Nando.

I want to say thank to BlackCH for XxX_OS_x86_10.4.11_Install_Disc_rev2.

I have tried Kalyway 10.5.2 and IATKOS 10.5.2 on 975xbx2, also tried these plus Mac4All and Brazilmac (latest) on 975x and always had not working FW.

I have installed "XxX_OS_x86_10.4.11_Install_Disc_rev2" (EFI kernel) on the same PC with 975x (Gateway FX-530) and the problem disappeared.

FW works. This always was the main issue.

I captured a DVCAM footage with Final Cut 6.02, little edited it and printed on tape.

Sound chip still not recognized (only see HD Audio output, but didn't test).

Processor Q6600 2.4 Ghz shown as 4Ghz, but all 4 kernels does works.

Bus and RAM shown correctly.

Video (GeForce 7500LE 256MB) works with NVinject 0.21, but no advanced testing performed.

Network, USB OK (as always, though).

Marvel RAID I have disabled in a BIOS.

I want to specify that I did test FCP only during one hour. So I definitely can't say it's working, I only say it SEEMS working. Very big difference, when you make setup not for fun, but to work.

My PC with Bad Axe ( finally I need Mac on this one ) now busy, so I will install "XxX_OS_x86_10.4.11_Install_Disc_rev2" on a next weekend. Then I can post my final result.

I believe LeoHacks are still too fresh. Maybe Leopard itself is less compatible with 975 chip. Differently hard to explain why many users has problem with Leo on PC. I found a topic on this forum where people advise use older FW kext with new version of Tiger and with Leo:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...amp;mode=linear

But this trick didn't help me with Leo.

BTW Leopard had many issues on a real MacPro with editing equipment, only last months they was fixed.

Tiger 10.4.11 (only this one) has all important features of Leopard, but without its stupid interface. I own PowerMac G5 2x2 and gonna don't use Leopard until a moment when newest versions of Final Cut could works with a Tiger.

i've just installed ur XxX 10.4.11 rev2 over my previously 10.4.8

i'm really glad that all driver are working except the wireless 2200BG which is semi supported only.

The problem is with the SpeedStep. I think my cpu is running totally underclocked which makes everything kind of slow motion especially with sounds..

Anybody can help me with this ? or i should just disable the SpeedStep? But the SpeedStep really cools down my laptop...

Thanks in advance

Thanks BlackCH

i downloaded the 10.4.11 few days ago and it looks great

i tried to install it on

gigabyte p35ds3r

kingstone 8giga 667

gigabyte 7600 gt 256ddr3

lan intelpro100

firewire texas 400mb

i have 2 hd 320

first 10.4.8jas>10.4.9jas>10.4.10koalkal

secound 10.4.8jas>10.4.9jas>10.4.10not sure (sata2)

i tried to install it in another hdd 250 but i failed i think it will work but maybe the choises on the setup beging

i chose a wrong choise

if i want to setup it again what i am going to chose

and can i update my system throught it directly ( how ) :(

thanks a lot and sorry my english is not that good

thanks again

I want to say thank to BlackCH for XxX_OS_x86_10.4.11_Install_Disc_rev2.

I have tried Kalyway 10.5.2 and IATKOS 10.5.2 on 975xbx2, also tried these plus Mac4All and Brazilmac (latest) on 975x and always had not working FW.

I have installed "XxX_OS_x86_10.4.11_Install_Disc_rev2" (EFI kernel) on the same PC with 975x (Gateway FX-530) and the problem disappeared.

FW works. This always was the main issue.

I captured a DVCAM footage with Final Cut 6.02, little edited it and printed on tape.

Sound chip still not recognized (only see HD Audio output, but didn't test).

Processor Q6600 2.4 Ghz shown as 4Ghz, but all 4 kernels does works.

Bus and RAM shown correctly.

Video (GeForce 7500LE 256MB) works with NVinject 0.21, but no advanced testing performed.

Network, USB OK (as always, though).

Marvel RAID I have disabled in a BIOS.

I want to specify that I did test FCP only during one hour. So I definitely can't say it's working, I only say it SEEMS working. Very big difference, when you make setup not for fun, but to work.

My PC with Bad Axe ( finally I need Mac on this one ) now busy, so I will install "XxX_OS_x86_10.4.11_Install_Disc_rev2" on a next weekend. Then I can post my final res

I believe LeoHacks are still too fresh. Maybe Leopard itself is less compatible with 975 chip. Differently hard to explain why many users has problem with Leo on PC. I found a topic on this forum where people advise use older FW kext with new version of Tiger and with Leo:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...amp;mode=linear

But this trick didn't help me with Leo.

BTW Leopard had many issues on a real MacPro with editing equipment, only last months they was fixed.

Tiger 10.4.11 (only this one) has all important features of Leopard, but without its stupid interface. I own PowerMac G5 2x2 and gonna don't use Leopard until a moment when newest versions of Final Cut could works with a Tiger.

How did it work? Thanks!

Hey guys,

Using XxX 10.4.11 rev2, I've managed to have an almost perfect instlal out of the box except for two things:

* Spotlight crashes (so I disabled it, not a big deal)

* I can't boot when on battery/not plugged in

I'm on a T42, 1.7GHZ SSE2, so I selected the SSE2 package when I installed.

When I boot without being plugged in and -v, I see that it stops at the line BSD root: Disk0 line. Without -v, it doesn't stop spinning but no activity for over 5 minutes.

Any ideas as to what is causing this/what it's looking for that it can't find when I'm not plugged in?

If I unplug after boot, not a problem. Using it right now on battery.

Installed this release fresh on a Thinkpad X31 versus the JaS 10.4.8. Once I figured out the proper "combination" of kernels and patches, I have a laptop running an almost complete Tiger.

Wireless doesn't work, but I've read here that I won't for the stock card.

Screensaver crash in 10.4.8 is gone (YAY!)

My only complaints are:

I did not select verbose mode but the laptop still boots in verbose. Trying to kill it manually in Terminal results in the system telling me nvram is not supported. Any ideas?

I cannot figure out how to get rid of the "press any key for boot options" and timer that comes up after every restart/power up. Is this something to do with me selecting MBR when I formatted/partitioned?

The fan seems to run a little more often than it did with 10.4.8. I suspect it has something to do with me not selecting Speedstep in the install but I had the same slowdowns that creezalird reported.

Being as this is my first attempt at this (after trolling here for a better part of a year) I guess I need to dig a little deeper still? I'd appreciate any help or at least direction toward some remedies, particularly the verbose mode since I like the Apple boot screen.

Thanks all for your hard work and amazing steps towards bringing me back to OS X! It has been too long...

EDIT:

So I dug a little deeper and was able to turn off the verbose booting mode by trashing my original com.apple.Boot.plist and replacing it with one with the -v flag removed. Boots with standard Apple logo.

Fan seems to run a lot more but is only moving slightly warm air. On longer but keeping it cooler I suppose. XP only triggered it occasionally but the air moving was way more hot.

Not sure how to allow this machine to output to VGA at higher resolutions than the standard 1024X768 it is stuck in. I figure that will be a limitation of the driver I am using (Callisto 008, IIRC).

I'd love to hear from other Thinkpad users of their success/failures as I am pretty sure that I have tweaked this machine as far as it will go with Tiger.

Hi,

I have to install "XxX_OS_x86_10.4.11_Install_Disc_Intel" on my lifebook U810 ( Intel A110 , 945GU , ICH7U, 1Go RAM , disk 40Go PATA Ultra DMA 100 , audio RealTel ALC262 HD , netwok Realtek 8101L, Wifi Super AG 802.11ABG). I selected the standard installation for intel SSE2 ( kernel + patchs) ...but when I reboot my PC, it's hangs on boot with this all message "[HCIController][setupHardware] AFH is Supported"

Do you have any idea ?

Thanks in advance

Hi!!

i downloaded this release because of the bundled update and the feedback given by the people, But my keyboard seems to not function at all, meaning i cant type anything during the install. I found this out when i was getting ready to partition/format my USb hdd, and noticed i couldn't type anything. All other releases of Tiger have allowed me to do so, but i haven't been able to get the net to work on any of them so I'm trying this.

Any suggestions?

Thx

Try it and find out.

Just from being around on the forums thats one of the most suggestive answers i always see.

If you have a uSB HDD try it out. Otherwise, i guess, post the specs of your laptop.

I'M A COMPLETE NEWBIE i'm just sparing the advanced users the norm.

* I can't boot when on battery/not plugged in

I'm on a T42, 1.7GHZ SSE2, so I selected the SSE2 package when I installed.

When I boot without being plugged in and -v, I see that it stops at the line BSD root: Disk0 line. Without -v, it doesn't stop spinning but no activity for over 5 minutes.

Any ideas as to what is causing this/what it's looking for that it can't find when I'm not plugged in?

If I unplug after boot, not a problem. Using it right now on battery.

Hello,

Just disable speedstep in the power bios settings (have to scroll I guess) and it is ok.

Worked for my X40.

• 9 years later...